1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do to your GMT today?

Discussion in 'SUV & Truck Chat' started by MAY03LT, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Early this morning, arriving home from work, contemplated calling a priest because the driver side mirror was possessed. Kept moving up and down, side to side non-stop. Eventually stopped it by using the manual adjusting switch.

Blckshdw and xavierny25 like this.
  2. 6716

6716 Well-Known Member

Do you mean up near the front of the bellhousing where it meets the engine? If so, those cover access to two oil pan bolts. Those bolts go up into the rear crankshaft cover plate. I think it is like that so you could remove the oil pan without removing the transmission.

Maybe check your cooler lines for leakage.

Matt likes this.
  3. xavierny25

xavierny25 Well-Known Member

Slapped a mattress and box spring up on top of it to bring them to my mother-in-law. I didn't have my cross bars in the truck like I should but they made it to her house and no damage to the Voy. 20171203_152023.jpg

Matt, dna59 and Mooseman like this.
  4. 6716

6716 Well-Known Member

#2 & #4 ignition coil, rear washer fluid pump.

5. Mounce

Mounce Silver Supporter

Looking at parts for it. Thinking tuneup is next to try and rid myself of random misfire at idle. So small and random that computer don't notice and doesn't get caught by misfire counter but I notice it greatly.

6. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Thanks...but I found the problem. Operator error, I underfilled.

And Saturday I put on my SMAXX front endlinks. Got one of the drivers side nuts undone but had to cut off the other one because I started rounding out the hex. Yes, the drivers side was original.

7. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

Started rotating tires on the truck over lunch. Will finish after work. Pretty cool that I can work on small maintenance stuff like this in the work parking lot since I can't do anything at the townhouse lot.

I found out that my upper ball joint on the passenger side has a torn boot, and the passenger side output shaft seal is leaking. Well great. It has 175k miles so I can't be too surprised about that seal, but the timing is pretty bad on it. Now the ball joint really ticks me off because that only has around 35k miles on it. The part has a lifetime warranty but I still have to take the whole arm off, send it in, wait for the replacement, then get an alignment afterward. Well, I think I can use Advance Auto for the warranty swap. I'm hoping I can get a new one from there, swap the parts, then give them back the bad one and get my money back. Pretty sure they did that for me with a bad TRE years ago. Still annoying.

RTTBLT1 and Matt like this.
  8. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

Have been noticing a clanky rattle when I drive over rough pavement, over the last week or so, so decided to slide underneath and poke around. Didn't take long to find it, the driver's side end link has gone to the GMT graveyard. So a set of those will be ordered to go along with my annual December maintenance. :thumbsup:

9. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

I moved my license plate back to its normal home cause my led strip on the relo died. Figured it was easy enough to just put 194s back and leave it there until I put the swings back on the bumper

Matt likes this.
  10. carshinebob

carshinebob Well-Known Member

I got to test the awd system today! Around here we had snow squalls all day and the roads turned to wet ice about 4 this afternoon. The drive home was exciting. It was the first time in three years that I had one of my Bravadas with working awd. Not my favorite system but still nice when it works. ~BOB

Matt likes this.
  11. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

Decided to revisit this for kicks and giggles. One thing I forgot to check while under the truck, was the tightness of the nuts holding the link in place. Lower nut was maybe finger tight at best. Broke out the torque wrench and took it to 114 ft-lbs, nice and tight, and most of all QUIET!!! :biggrin:

12. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

114?? The new SMAXX ones I just put on say 65 ft lbs.

13. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

That's what GMSI said to use. I wonder why there's such a large torque difference... :undecided:

End Link Replacement P2.jpg
    End Link Replacement P3.jpg

14. Sparky

Sparky Moderator

I never use torque spec on those, I just cranked on them until they shut up.

Matt and Blckshdw like this.
  15. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Wow!

16. connorwallin

connorwallin Active Member

Finally decide to plasti-dip my rims also applying in 35 degrees Fahrenheit. Personally I think it makes the truck look so much better, tires look a little more aggressive as well. Still not done yet.

D6301143-647D-435A-8153-D0898F19D1E6.jpeg
    88F6CA83-9A7F-4285-9CE2-35481C4B66E0.jpeg

RTTBLT1, SnowBlazer, Matt and 3 others like this.
  17. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Replaced the encoder motor in the Saab's slip/bang system (AWD) and the air filter. All in -3c (26f) weather.
    brrr.gif

18. Mounce

Mounce Silver Supporter

Plugs and wires on Silverado. Forgot to clean throttle body until after test drive and didn't feel like messing with it while hot since it has a coolant passage in it. Will get it Tuesday on my off day.

Slight miss at idle is better from what I can tell but still there. Oh well.

Redbeard likes this.
  19. xavierny25

xavierny25 Well-Known Member

Ordered front wheel bearing hubs for my brother-in-laws tbss. He had me swing by his job last night to test drive it cause he had no idea where the drive train noise was coming from. This past summer we had his tranny rebuilt as well as the transfer case and swapped in a new diconnect so he was a little on edge to say the least.

Matt and Mooseman like this.