1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do to your GMT today?

Discussion in 'SUV & Truck Chat' started by MAY03LT, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

I think I'm actually going to drive it today for the first time in over a week...if my bum can take it.

Mooseman likes this.
  2. Capote

Capote Gold Supporter

Cleaned engine bay, usually do this once or twice a month:
    IMG_20171007_191538.jpg
    Added a strip of hard rubber edge molding, to cover the sharp section along the top of the firewall:
    IMG_20171007_191551.jpg

dna59, Blckshdw, RTTBLT1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Shaw520

Shaw520 Well-Known Member

That's one clean looking engine comprtmnt!
    Question; what are the gains (if any) to running the CAI and resonator delete ?
    "What I did today",....actually it was last night,...I ordered 3"/2.5" lift,...1.5" wheel spacers,...and Cooper AT3 265/75/16's,... work will begin next weekend.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Finally moved that parts Saab into the driveway because my son needed its transmission. It might not be any better because the fluid was really dark and the history of this thing is not good. Engine was blown and already removed, had a 2.5" Magnaflow muffler in a 3" system, had an eBay cheap "6.0 Power" emblem on the rear even though it was just a 5.3 as well as matching cheap chrome stick ons everywhere. Poor thing :cry:

Hope to get it stripped and gone this week.

DSC_0709.JPG

RTTBLT1, Matt, Blckshdw and 1 other person like this.
  5. Shaw520

...a victim of TB abuse. :stars:

6. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Drove it to the doc's for a blood test.

7. eray2371

eray2371 Member

Dipped the cracking-chromed grille

Attached Files:

dna59, RTTBLT1, Capote and 1 other person like this.
  8. dna59

dna59 Well-Known Member

Polished two of my SS replicas. Finish up the next two later. Takes me about 15 mins per wheel with my buffer. I use Mother's aluminum polish first since it's more aggressive and works quicker then I go over it with Surf City aluminum polish. Not as aggressive and shines it up nicely. Then two layers of Surf City nano seal. I wanna try some ceramic sealant on them to see how that holds. up

Mooseman, SnowBlazer and Redbeard like this.
  9. Shaw520

Looks real good eray,,.. Hydro dip ??

10. Reprise

Reprise Silver Supporter

Gave in and took the front springs to a shop to have the new HD Bilsteins swapped in.

Had used a rental compressor kit, but when I noted the rods / keepers were beginning to bow, and I needed to compress more to be able to properly install the retaining nut, I decided to have it done at a shop. Wasn't happy with what they charged, but at least I didn't have to deal w/ a broken compressor, and I can finally start putting the truck back together (as soon as I swap the plugs on the driver's side).

Mooseman likes this.
  11. dna59

dna59 Well-Known Member

Got my second layer of sealant curing for a couple hours. I think after the tires on my stock 17s are dead I'll look for some 18s since I can't stand the look of the 17s after seeing it with the 20s. I'd use the 18s as rainy season wheels.

IMG_20171011_071152.jpg

xavierny25 likes this.
  12. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

I would never run an amp of any sort off the rear. So easy to go straight to the battery and less risk. LED lights n CB is all i have hooked there.

Such fun it is. Looks like you are keeping it clean though.

RTTBLT1, dna59 and xavierny25 like this.
  13. eray2371

eray2371 Member

Plasti-Dip!

14. Shaw520

Bumper/grille paint grille.jpg

15. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

Slapped the basket back on the roof

IMG_5229.JPG

tsmith1156, RTTBLT1, Blckshdw and 2 others like this.
  16. dna59

dna59 Well-Known Member

@HARDTRAILZ I absolutely love the way your truck looks.

HARDTRAILZ likes this.
  17. connorwallin

connorwallin Active Member

TB had stabilitrak sensor and traction control sensor coming on all the time for a few months now. Got new sensors and still were coming on. Techs found that every time turning all the way to the right or left (i forget) that it would touch the sensor. Had a full front-end alignment done haven't had any issues yet.

xavierny25 likes this.
  18. Shaw520

Looks good ,. Like the bumpers,.couldnt view your rig in you build thread cause stupid photobucket crap,

HARDTRAILZ likes this.
  19. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

Drove it to work for the first time in over 2 weeks.

20. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

Need to add some power steering fluid to it again before driving it tonight. It had a decent whine on sunday

21. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

It had the TPMS light on this morning. Solid light so it's a low pressure somewhere. Went out on the way back home from breakfast. Will check pressures later.

Checked a misfire.

And while I was there, replaced the rear washer motor (spare from the old TB, love having spare parts!)

Ordered new plugs for the misfire ongoing diagnosis.

Edit: Checked tires and all were around 30psi. It was pretty cold last night, near freezing, so pressure could have dropped below the low pressure threshold so I pumped them all up to 35psi. Stupid just having a light and no individual tire pressure display :mad:.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 3:22 PM
  22. connorwallin

Sitting outside of mechanics, saw a puddle last night and this morning, thought it was another vehicle of ours. When to back into my spot at school and heard a whine in the power steering. Just informed one of the power steering lines split. :/

23. dna59

dna59 Well-Known Member

Stiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for the continuous thunderstorms to stop so I can put back on my rims. But I did have my buddy tune my system with his SMD DD1...still didn't like the sound on my door speakers so I tweaked a bit to my liking. I actually had to turn it down a bit since it was too loud for me. Atleast I know what not to exceed into distortion based on the DD1 settings. I still need to replace the speaker wires with some better quality ones.

24. connorwallin

Quick fix no go. The engine has to be lifted to get the hoses ran properly, $600 with labor. Gotta love it.

25. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

You are getting screwed. No reason to lift the motor at all.

djthumper likes this.
  26. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Yeah, never heard of that one.

27. Blckshdw

Blckshdw Moderator

I abused her. I'm such a bad owner. :sadcry:

Was backing into a parking garage spot at the mall, and thought I had a little more room on the passenger side than I really did... CRUNCH!

IMG_20171021_132736.jpg

Thankfully I got those aftermarket tails from @DJones so those will be going on when I get home tonight. Also try and buff out the paint.