What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Same battery as the Napa Legend Premium (Same as Deka, made by East Penn), Napa has two CCA versions though. 730CCA for $155 or 760CCA for $165. The Duracell at Sams is the same 760CCA battery but for $160, but I don't have a Sam's membership.

I'm leaning towards either going the NAPA 730CCA AGM, or going "cheap" and getting a Walmart Everstart 730CCA flooded cell for $118. Only a $37 difference though, and AGM should be better. No idea how old the Deka in the truck is now as the label wasn't stamped.

Reactions: Matt

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I'm leaning towards either going the NAPA 730CCA AGM, or going "cheap" and getting a Walmart Everstart 730CCA flooded cell for $118. Only a $37 difference though, and AGM should be better. No idea how old the Deka in the truck is now as the label wasn't stamped.
I had an old Deka when I first got the TrailBlazer and it took an unholy amount of abuse. I would run the radio for 2-5 hours each day during the week and it never left me flat.

I cheaped out and replaced it with a Walmart Neverstart, and after getting the first one replaced under the store warranty, this one has been doing fine for the last 3 years. I quit abusing it by running the radio so much, though.

You get what you pay for.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Temp broke 40F, so I took it to the self-serve wash and sprayed off all the salt. Made *me* feel better, at least.

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Earlier this week I decided to change my transfer case fluid. I found the auto-trak 2 fluid at a Chevy dealer in Post Falls, ID and an oil suction gun at NAPA. Yesterday, since the weather was really ugly outside, I put my Saab up on all 4 ramps in my shop, drained the old fluid which only had hints of blue in LED drop light. I let drain for about ½ an hour and got my 2 1 Liter bottle of new AC Delco fluid. After putting the drain plug back in; I filled the suction gun and proceeded to fill the transfer case. 4 loads in the 1 pint capacity of the Oil Gun. The drive shaft tunnel makes for a perfect fit to fill the transfer case without bending the hose plus I was able to keep the case of the oil gun higher than the fill hole. Today, since the weather was better at about 22°, I decided to do a test run. NO SERVICE STABILITRAK light even though I made a very tight backup circle and pulled forward quickly up my crushed gravel driveway. Normally in cold weather that would have set off the message. Success! It really only took me about an hour considering a ½ hour of it was making sure the old fluid was all out.
OldTxFerCaseOil1.jpgSaabonRampDriv.jpgSaabonRamps1.jpgSuction Gun.JPGXferCase1.jpgXferCaseNeeded.jpg

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Got my wheels polished up. Trying to find a better way of protecting them. Sealing them has worked somewhat ok, but requires polishing again in about 3 months. I'm afraid to clear coat them and then it starts peeling since that would be more work.IMG_20180219_063839.jpg

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Got my wheels polished up. Trying to find a better way of protecting them. Sealing them has worked somewhat ok, but requires polishing again in about 3 months. I'm afraid to clear coat them and then it starts peeling since that would be more work.View attachment 83300
I think I posted this product I use before.. depending on the climate in your area.. it lasts 6 months to a year. I using on my Saab 9-7x wheels and also my 98 continental wheels, you do have to keep them out of the weather for 12 hours to "cure. http://www.shop.corrosionx.com/RejeX_c118.htm

Reactions: dna59

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Put the new battery in the truck. Cranks up a lot faster now. Old one was supposed to be 700CCA and tested at only 460-ish. Figured I'd replace it before it died on me.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
When getting ready to go back to work saw my radiator was leaking. Could not see where it was leaking from but it was down a gallon of coolant. I refilled it and from then it didn't leak. Didn't wanna take an chances so I just replaced the damn thing. Kicked my ass for 3 hours!

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Replaced my door speaker for no reason.

Kept having an issue with the sound fading from the front passenger side over to the driver side, thought it was speaker so I ordered a new one. Drove around in the city and kept having the sound volume changing from low to really high on its own. Got home and replaced speaker.....still same issue. Stuck my head on the passenger side tweeter and heard 0 sound coming from it.....f***, spent this nice cold evening replacing a working speaker.

I love the sound from the Bose.....but $70 for 1 tweeter is nuts! I wish I could shove an aftermarket in there in its place without the channels getting jacked up. Might save up a bit and have the whole thing gutted next year :sadcry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just go to a u-pull. Real cheap. Bring your phone and a cut headphone wire to test.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got the lift gate glass shocks installed this evening. Was going to post the video from the security camera, but the quality was WAY too clear, and you can see the confused look on my face when the clips didn't wanna cooperate and let loose :confused: :no: So y'all will just have to take my word for it. :tongue:

smt 59

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Looks so good that you don’t want to put the wheel back on, loose the spare and she looks sweet from behind as well.
It really does look good... I see a set of 20's on here hopefully before summer.... I'd ditch the spare buts its my Wife's DD and she'd be mad as hell if a tire blows out and no spare to switch out.... On another note noticed the tail pipe I added when I did the res. delete fell off. I'll be having a shop weld another one on and add a nice tip.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Well, it's not all the work was done today, but I finished today :woohoo:Replaced the VVT solenoid, fuel pump and filter. Only to find an ignition coil died in sympathy with the fuel pump :Banghead: Fortunately took the advice in another thread to have a spare coil. Installed that and went for a test drive. TB is purring with all 6 cylinders and driving well again. It seems an old TB needs a lot of TLC to keep running. Must be why there are 30 gmt360/370s at the local PYP..........

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Took advantage of no rain this morning and slapped on all the spohn suspension parts. Only took about 30 minutes on each side and another 15 minutes for the pan hard bar.

Damn that looks schweeeeeet! Can't wait to see some 20s on there. I like how your truck has been coming along

Reactions: xavierny25

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Installed a new sticker yesterday.
Plays%20well%20a-500x500.jpg

Moved the GMT Nation sticker to the centre bottom of the hatch glass. Today I'll run down to the car wash and give it a scrub.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
All of you guys with battery problems jinxed me. I had to jump start the Silverado today, I have not driven it since Thursday night. Looks like I am replacing it with one of these https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP9894R

Reactions: Capote and Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
As spring gets closer, and the weather gets warmer, a young man's fancy turns to... these
1519677035573.png
(they should arrive in a few days - then the 'fun' begins!)

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Replaced the battery in the Silverado. It was not an easy job.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh? What did they do on the 14 to make it so hard? Wasn't bad at all on my 07.

Oil change is scheduled for my truck today. Should be really nice weather today but the rest of the week sucks.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Removed the running boards. On a stock height TB the only reason for them is to accommodate short people like that midget woman on MacGyver:2thumbsup:
Without them I can put ramps in front of all the wheels and lift up the whole truck. Also saves around 80lbs - the TB is heavy enough....

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Used my brothers shop on this wet cold day to tear out the sais out the Voy. 20180302_122455.jpg
Had to use ramps for now till we get the lift put in. Hopefully sooner then later.
20180302_142941.jpg
Used Sais for sale. Lol
20180302_130657.jpg
Finally got to install this nicely red powder coated block off plate.(Yes I know.red again!!! lol.)

Last edited:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Just go to a u-pull. Real cheap. Bring your phone and a cut headphone wire to test.

None of the pick and pull yards (near me) have a Bose equipped TB or Envoy sadly. All the good stuff is usually taken by the time I do go there. I did find the culprit though! wiring going to the PAC module was/is lose, after some toying around sound is back and its been working great since. Swapped out rear shocks so everything is nice and tight. Only thing left is to get rid of the rear squeak and find out why the driver side rear sway bar link is (I think) rubbing against the lower control arm.

Did some shopping at Pep boys earlier, saw plastidip on sale and have been toying around with giving the Envoy a new paint job. Nothing too extreme, I would love to do a style similar to the two-tone setup on the TB but with a small mix of late 90s/early 00s Yukon/Tahoe where it goes up to where the door trim would be. Been wanting to do this for a while, just need to figure out how many cans I'll need. 337466_4034049124260_1151262863_o.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Just finished up the water pump, thermostat and oil change.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Swapped the new 145a alternator in place of the old 105a unit on the Silverado which also forced replacement of belt for the longer version. Also removed the side steps after finding the paint on the drivers side trying to flake off as one whole sheet.

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Changed the transmission mount first and driver's mount next (Delco's made in Korea!) , and lastly, the passenger side! Dealer quoted $850 for just the motor mounts, Good Year quoted $475, and I finally gave in and decided to do it myself! One week later, Shazam! The guys deserve every penny to do this job! I tried taking only 3 of the 4 engine brackets, but couldn't wrangle that rubber mount out! I ended up taking out all four and kids, listen to this advice from an old guy, do the hardest side first!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members