What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
now i just gotta do my cargo area panels and I'll be done :yes:

Wonder what someone would charge to redo the headliner in black. I had my headliner redone in my last car, and that was a real mess, and involved a "new" junkyard headliner board, and cutting it to fit the sunroof and new fabric and reassembling all the trim afterwards, and that was like $200. If you had the trim out of the way when it went in and reassembled it yourself afterwards, you might get a reasonable price on just the fabric and putting it up.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
SBUBandit said:
Wonder what someone would charge to redo the headliner in black. I had my headliner redone in my last car, and that was a real mess, and involved a "new" junkyard headliner board, and cutting it to fit the sunroof and new fabric and reassembling all the trim afterwards, and that was like $200. If you had the trim out of the way when it went in and reassembled it yourself afterwards, you might get a reasonable price on just the fabric and putting it up.

yea, my brother and I were just talking about sueding my headliner... options, options... what alot of the guys on tbssowners are doing, are using a fabric type paint and just spraying their headliners... i am not using a paint to make my headliner black lol...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Reg. Hooked me up again with quad +fog mod oh and I put the badges on straight and even with matts help.
43ecd419-9e39-9999.jpg
43ecd419-9e48-5e5e.jpg
43ecd419-9e5d-40cb.jpg
43ecd419-9e6a-a96a.jpg
43ecd419-9e76-e0a1.jpg
pics of what we did and some misc. pics.....

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
A straight SS is always a good thing. Now you need some nice HIDs.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Reg. Hooked me up again with quad +fog mod oh and I put the badges on straight and even with matts help.
43ecd419-9e39-9999.jpg
43ecd419-9e48-5e5e.jpg
43ecd419-9e5d-40cb.jpg
43ecd419-9e6a-a96a.jpg
43ecd419-9e76-e0a1.jpg
pics of what we did and some misc. pics.....

:wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot: He got the emblems on correct :raspberry::rotfl: Nice man!!! But I agree you need some HIDs man! will set it off :yes: Also you should plasti dip those squares whatever you call them in the bottom of the bumper lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I got my rear bumper tightened back up. There has been some play to it where the bumper mounted to the body lift brackets. We also discovered that what I took to be a burned out reverse bulb wasn't. Turns out the wires had been torn and were just hanging. I got them wired back up correctly and have two functioning reverse lights again.

Then, after Jeff and I sat and went through a dozen beers, I made an attempt to change the rear diff fluid. I gave up quickly though when I could not get the fill plug out.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Regulator said:
Then, after Jeff and I sat and went through a dozen beers, I made an attempt to change the rear diff fluid. I gave up quickly though when I could not get the fill plug out.

Did that have anything to do with the dozen beers? :wink:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
finally got my Father to take out his 1968 Ponitac Firebird... he NEVER drives the thing :crackup: he's been having some heating issues with it lately but has buttoned somethings up, so he took it out for a test drive with me (i followed in the beaSSt to make sure if he did overheat, he had a ride home)... and yes we lined up once (shhhhhh :rotfl:)

here she is...im trying to load the videos i took of her onto youtube, but my phone is being goofy right now... she lopes HARD with the cam he's got in it... makes me sooooo jelly everytime he starts it up :hissyfit::rotfl:...

2012-07-22200150.jpg

2012-07-22200204.jpg

2012-07-22200531.jpg

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Did that have anything to do with the dozen beers? :wink:

Partially, I was feeling pretty lazy at that point. It also looked like I was starting to round the hole so I decided to put things away and call it a day.

It also doesn't matter much, this is just a temporary axle, I will be putting something stronger under the rear end soon.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yea, my brother and I were just talking about sueding my headliner... options, options... what alot of the guys on tbssowners are doing, are using a fabric type paint and just spraying their headliners... i am not using a paint to make my headliner black lol...

Do your seats have the suede panels? If so, matching the headliner to those would be very nice. Actually, either way, suede would look great. Of course every time someone gets in it they'll reach up and touch it and leave prints you'll have to brush off.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
SBUBandit said:
Do your seats have the suede panels? If so, matching the headliner to those would be very nice. Actually, either way, suede would look great. Of course every time someone gets in it they'll reach up and touch it and leave prints you'll have to brush off.

no, i have full leather seats (came from the dealer that way)... but yes a suede liner would still look tits!!! and i already have that brush handly :crackup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:

Use and impact. Works far easier. I thought mine was done for after snapping an extention, but an impact and a lil vibration...right on out.

Boricua SS said:

Beautiful car!

Took mine out yesterday to cruise some backroads and snapped a couple pics on this cool mesh bridge I found in nowhere-land.

2012-07-22_16-03-49_913.jpg

2012-07-22_16-03-57_650.jpg

2012-07-22_16-04-09_277.jpg

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
This weekend installed a Volante CAI. Thanks to Freddy G for the cheap used part.

CAM00006.jpg

Cut off the can and replaced it with a Corsa 14030. Thanks to barron03 for the inspiration and part #.

CAM00007.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Dad-O-Matic said:
Cut off the can and replaced it with a Corsa 14030. Thanks to barron03 for the inspiration and part #.

Did you get a deal on the Corsa? Looks great, but from what I've seen online they're hella expensive

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Hacked it off today and had the shop weld on a tip! Looks and Sounds MUCH better :wootwoot:

P7234424.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea Corsa is a pretty pricey system... over $800 bucks for mine...

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Deleted resonater today

Attachments

• IMG_20120723_170428.jpg
    IMG_20120723_170428.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20120723_170415.jpg
    IMG_20120723_170415.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 8

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Heh if it was cooler out (I'm feeling wimpy and lazy :tongue:) I'd go chop mine off with the angle grinder, just because. Figure I'd just chop the turn down off the other end of the can and stick that on there. I don't need no blingy exhaust tip :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Heh if it was cooler out (I'm feeling wimpy and lazy :tongue:) I'd go chop mine off with the angle grinder, just because. Figure I'd just chop the turn down off the other end of the can and stick that on there. I don't need no blingy exhaust tip :biggrin:

are we trying to do mods before the meet :raspberry:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I was thinkin of a cheaper exhaust mod for now and was thinkin of either deleting the muffler and keepin the res. .....or just choppin the res... I dunno

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I installed my new horn, it's much louder than stock :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I installed my new horn, it's much louder than stock :biggrin:

What condition is your stock horn set in? If they are in good shape I'll buy them off you at the meet if the price is right. They are the same horns as my Camaro uses and its low tone is shot.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jrSS said:
I was thinkin of a cheaper exhaust mod for now and was thinkin of ... deleting the muffler and keepin the res...

One of the SS guys here has this setup, and it sounds really good. :twocents:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
What condition is your stock horn set in? If they are in good shape I'll buy them off you at the meet if the price is right. They are the same horns as my Camaro uses and its low tone is shot.

Let me see how the new horn does first, if All is good I'll give it to you. I reused the bracket to mount the new horn.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
One of the SS guys here has this setup, and it sounds really good. :twocents:

:iagree:

I've heard both, no resonator with muffler, and no muffler with resonator... for something free or possibly $20 bucks in piping... I'd suggest the muffler delete and keep resonator until you can get it fully buttoned up...

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Replaced my 90k stock spark plugs, was actually easier than the 1st and 6th plug horror stories were leading me to believe. New Wix air filter. New Rain X wipers (26" and 22"). Cleaned the throttle body. No real issues and no codes, I guess I got all the coils seated correctly :thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Lima Tango said:
Replaced my 90k stock spark plugs, was actually easier than the 1st and 6th plug horror stories were leading me to believe. New Wix air filter. New Rain X wipers (26" and 22"). Cleaned the throttle body. No real issues and no codes, I guess I got all the coils seated correctly :thumbsup:

It looks like someone has been reading my thread :smile:

http://gmtnation.com/f23/upgrading-bigger-wiper-blades-1790/

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
BINGA said:
I understand your logic in terms of mileage and all but...I don't know if i could do it. You must really trust her. She's not in high school or anything is she? I wouldn't be able to stand it, i'd be worried that she'd be "drivin' like she stole it" kind of deal. :quiverlips:

Wow I just saw this post. Oops, not sure how I missed it. No she isn't in high school or anything, shes 25. She has a masters in Early Childhood Development. Had her masters before she was 22. I wouldn't loan my truck to just anyone. Pretty much anyone in the family though - afterall, its just a car. It got to spend a month parking in the garage though.

I got it back from her last night. She put less than 300 miles on it in a month. I think I put over 2,200 on hers in the same time - oops. :redface: She did mods on my truck though. :rotfl: I had blueish LEDs in the interior map lights, and she switched them out to green (except for the cargo). Said that blueish was bothering her. She had it cleaned and washed too. She barely washes her car. I waxed and buffed hers though. Had to trade back because she is off to Chicago for a few days for training for her new job. Spent the weekend moving her from Zanesville to just outside Cincy.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Regulator said:
Yea, because your the first person to ever step up a size on the blades. :raspberry:

I know I'm not the first, but I was the first to bring it HERE. Most care from a post I had on TV in someone else's thread.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Did you get a deal on the Corsa? Looks great, but from what I've seen online they're hella expensive

Yea, I just happen to be checking Ebay and found one for $140 + free shipping. Considering they go for $300 on Summit Racing, I snapped that up asap. If you were wanting to get one yourself, sorry, the guy only had one in stock.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
well yesterday I sent away the 06 PCM to Limequat to get tuned to go in my 04 and to be ready for boost / 93 oct/ etc. Also landed a deal on an 06 complete wiring harness with the 06 pcm connectors I also needed for $125. ordered my Lincoln Electric MIG and a nice welding mask to go with it... GREAT day so far!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wasn't my Trailblazer, but I went out to a friend's 02 Trailblazer and checked out his quarter panels and took a peek at the undercarriage. Not near as much rust as mine has! His quarters in the wheel wells are virtually spotless. Doors have some rust on the lower edges but that's no surprise. That's what I get for buying a Cleveland vehicle I guess. Well, this is also the one that he hates - mostly because of the common idiosyncrasies these vehicles have that he has no clue how to fix (nor cares to). Who knows, I might be able to buy it from him for cheap, fix the minor issues, and either sell my rusty one or use it for parts for this one. Only thing that one is blue (I prefer my green), his doesn't have a sunroof, and his hood is rusting out in the front while mine isn't (surprising given the excess rust it has elsewhere).

I suppose I can overlook those things if his is in better shape and I could get it for cheap enough. Or maybe buy it, fix it, sell both, and buy a newer one :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced my power steering pump for the second time in a year. I changed it last year as it was making the usual whining noise of a dying pump. Replaced it with a Cardone reman, still did the noise but not as bad. Noise was still annoying the crap out of me so I replaced it with an ACDelco reman. Well guess what? It still makes the same damn whine but again, a little less loud. :hissyfit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adymen

Members Online