What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I just went through a 7 hour workout getting the fuel pump swapped.

For the record, I've done 1.4 thousand pumps in my life, but, with the exception of my pickup, they were all done with the convenience of a lift.

I figured I'd show the world how to wrastle the tank out and swap out the pump just like they'd be doing it in their driveway. Turns out, that f***ing sucks, big time.

MUCH respect to those who have done it in the driveway.:thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
gmtrailblazer said:
Plasti-dip for pillar blackout

funny, us envoy owners get rid of the black pillars and the tb owners want them lol I would color match the handles to flow more :yes:

look good! :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I cleaned my throttle body...NASTY!!! Easier than the i6's.
Also bought some k&n filter oil. Now its properly oiled.
What a bitch putting the stupid air filter cover on.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
MAY03LT said:

For the record, I've done 1.4 thousand pumps in my life, but, with the exception of my pickup, they were all done with the convenience of a lift.

I figured I'd show the world how to wrastle the tank out and swap out the pump just like they'd be doing it in their driveway. Turns out, that f***ing sucks, big time.

Took me two days to do mine - with a full tank of gas. Worst part is, it didnt even fix my issue :hissyfit:

Everyday i think how less stressful life is now without that thing

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
MAY03LT said:

Did mine in the drive way and it went great. Had very little fuel in it and it was done in a couple of hours.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Went out and beat on the ss a little. Runs so much better than the day I got it. DAMN!! Mod bug is starting to itch. Damn it.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
^^ Beeeee careful! :rotfl:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Irishboy02 said:
Took me two days to do mine - with a full tank of gas. Worst part is, it didnt even fix my issue :hissyfit:

Everyday i think how less stressful life is now without that thing

A full tank!?!? Man that musta sucked big time.:frown:

Fire06 said:
Did mine in the drive way and it went great. Had very little fuel in it and it was done in a couple of hours.

Respect to you sir!:thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Fire06 said:

Yea, it only took me about 45 minutes to drop the one out of my parts truck, and it had close to 8 gallons of fuel in it. I was able to use a normal floor jack to lower it and roll it out from under the truck even.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Spending most of the day tire shopping. I might take a trip to Illinois in a month so I need to start getting her ready and tires are first in the list.

Keeping myself open to all brands, I just need to replace that crappy ones I have on there now.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Spending most of the day tire shopping. I might take a trip to Illinois in a month so I need to start getting her ready and tires are first in the list.

Keeping myself open to all brands, I just need to replace that crappy ones I have on there now.

I've been really happy with my Firestone Destination AT tires. They are 50,000 mile rated, I have 42,000 miles on them right now, and I don't see any way they'll be worn out in the next 8,000 miles unless they wear suddenly fast. Good road manners, decently quiet, good traction in all weather. I've been through a pretty crazy snowstorm with them and they did amazing. That was when they were practically new however, and we really haven't had a good snow since then, so I'm not entirely sure how they handle snow after a good 20k-30k miles of use.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I like the Toyo tires, I have Toyo Proxes ST II 255-55-18 109V for summer and Toyo Geo Open Counrty II 245-65-17 for the winter. I love my tires, both sets, they work well for what they were designed for. I'm definetly a Toyo fan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
I've been really happy with my Firestone Destination AT tires. They are 50,000 mile rated, I have 42,000 miles on them right now, and I don't see any way they'll be worn out in the next 8,000 miles unless they wear suddenly fast. Good road manners, decently quiet, good traction in all weather. I've been through a pretty crazy snowstorm with them and they did amazing. That was when they were practically new however, and we really haven't had a good snow since then, so I'm not entirely sure how they handle snow after a good 20k-30k miles of use.

Denali n DOO said:
I like the Toyo tires, I have Toyo Proxes ST II 255-55-18 109V for summer and Toyo Geo Open Counrty II 245-65-17 for the winter. I love my tires, both sets, they work well for what they were designed for. I'm definetly a Toyo fan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

Appreciate the incite. :thumbsup:

One of the sets I was looking at was the Firestone AT tires. Looks like they have a pretty good rating on tirerack.

I'm also looking at the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, General Grabber HTS , and Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor (pending budget) :undecided:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
43eccd34-548b-8d85.jpg
Well I lied...I debadged the SS. BUT I am getting them painted black for now. They will be on in about a week. Repeat they r going back on.
43eccd34-5059-cfb5.jpg
43eccd34-5065-4cd7.jpg
43eccd34-5071-b85b.jpg

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
changed the oil in her today:smile: while she sits and waits for the adjuster from the tow company that tail whipped my drivers side :mad:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
jrSS said:
Re installed the badges today.
ad6c38e8-74b2-2ca4.jpg
ad6c38e8-74c0-d9db.jpg
ad6c38e8-74cb-ccff.jpg
ad6c38e8-74d8-2142.jpg
. Whatcha think

I think it's upside down :redface:

IMG_1749.JPG

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
how about what i DIDN"T do to my TB today...

today i was in my tb, pulling out of a strip mall. pulled up to just before the sidewalk. a car makes a quick turn into where I'm pulling out of. there is a minivan behind her that stops short. behind the minivan is a truck with a 12' trailer that stops REALLY short, locks up the brakes, hops the curb to avoid rear-ending the minivan. tires screaming :eek:. i'm seeing this in slow motion trying to slam it into reverse but i doubt there was time to get the trans to engage. the truck + trailer is now on the sidewalk/grass, misses me by INCHES. would have TOTALLED my trailblazer if it clipped me. Had I pulled up to the street, i'd be t-boned in the driver door and probably be badly hurt... wow...

Lesson learned, I am not driving my TB until carlisle! except to clean off the shit stain

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jimmyjam said:

today i was in my tb, pulling out of a strip mall. pulled up to just before the sidewalk. a car makes a quick turn into where I'm pulling out of. there is a minivan behind her that stops short. behind the minivan is a truck with a 12' trailer that stops REALLY short, locks up the brakes, hops the curb to avoid rear-ending the minivan. tires screaming :eek:. i'm seeing this in slow motion trying to slam it into reverse but i doubt there was time to get the trans to engage. the truck + trailer is now on the sidewalk/grass, misses me by INCHES. would have TOTALLED my trailblazer if it clipped me. Had I pulled up to the street, i'd be t-boned in the driver door and probably be badly hurt... wow...

Lesson learned, I am not driving my TB until carlisle! except to clean off the shit stain

Wow glad nothing happened man!! Some people are stupid!! My mom was at a parking lot once and some lady or guy whatever came into a spot too fast and took the poll with them.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ohhhh man.. theyre upside down Jeff :redface: lol.... and definetly glad to hear all is well jimmy... dumb ass drivers now and days...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Fixed. Not showing pix....afraid I might of f**ked up. :confused:

well if worse comes to worse you have 2 options... there is a guy on ssowners selling badges off of his truck, or you can leave them shaved since you were kinda leaning with that to begin with judging from your other thread...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea but I like the badges now that they are black. Lol

Well no badges it is. Damn it!!!!!!!!

Lol. No I am not changing my screen name again!! :rotfl:

jimmyjam said:

Glad u didn't get hit!!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jimmyjam said:

Damn dude, that's pretty crazy. Good thing today wasn't last Friday (the 13th)... :ugh: Things mighta ended differently :sadcry:

Besides, if you lost your TB, you wouldn't be an official member at all our mini meets! :grouphug:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Besides, if you lost your TB, you wouldn't be an official member at all our mini meets! :grouphug:

fine, go and find someone else to borrow tools from! forget member, i better have chairman for life status by now!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jimmyjam said:
fine, go and find someone else to borrow tools from! forget member, i better have chairman for life status by now!

David owes me DB consulting fees, and he likes buying tools, so problem solved :raspberry:

As far as what I did to my GMT today, test fitted a mirror mod. As you can see, the LEDs are too bright :smile:eek: never thought you'd hear ME every say that did you?) Gonna have to get out the Niteshades to tone down some of that wash-out :yes:

IMAG0060.jpg

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
with a break in the heat wave that has had us here up north in Ohio seeing 100*+ the last few days, i decided to finish off some of my panels with plasti dip.. i also did my fathers bowtie on his Colorado...

2012-07-08140927.jpg

first coat...
2012-07-08142119.jpg

All done...
2012-07-08152814.jpg

2012-07-08153423.jpg

2012-07-08155125.jpg

2012-07-08155135.jpg

2012-07-08155154.jpg

so easy to take my dads bowtie off.. just like my SS... 2 bolts and shes off...
2012-07-08172918.jpg

and the finished product...
2012-07-08172943.jpg

he likes it... im starting to itch his mod bug :rotfl::crackup:

how many cans did it take to do the pillars? sorry ::smile::thumbsup::undecided:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Gonna have to get out the Niteshades to tone down some of that wash-out :yes:

can't just use a larger resistor?

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Vaccum the interior, wiped down the rest... Little bit of love for my baby... Told her how good she was, how I am proud of the growl she lets out passing the less fortunate...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Don't know why, but this pic, with a reflection of you taking a pic, made me think of "Highrider" from the old site. Hmmmmmmmm, thanks Carlton

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
RayVoy said:
Don't know why, but this pic, with a reflection of you taking a pic, made me think of "Highrider" from the old site. Hmmmmmmmm, thanks Carlton

:undecided: :confused: :redface: Musta been before my time over there, since that doesn't ring any bells. But you're welcome all the same Ray! :biggrin:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Todays project, install Spohn adjustable 4-link and panhard bar.

Here's the links

20120712_142825.jpg

Panhard in, starting on driver side links

20120717_095631.jpg

Everything's in and adjusted, axle is centered

20120717_122702.jpg

Pinion angle looks a little off :sadcry:

20120717_122714.jpg

Guna hit up my alignment guy to adjust pinion angle after I do the c-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidlyink

Members Online