What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
kjkim93 said:
how many cans did it take to do the pillars? sorry ::smile::thumbsup::undecided:

it took just one can for my A-pillars and B-Pillars.. i havent done the rear cargo yet.. but i know i'll need more for them...

and as for what i did today... i drove the beaSSt home from the dealership... tranny was fine.. no codes when they scanned it, fluids were fine, and the checked and cleaned my MAF... so shes back in the garage... but while i went up there i decided to get my ass in gear about trading her in... well i sat in a Gen 5 Camaro SS, Transformers edition SS, and the 45th anniversary edition SS... then i got to test drive the 45th 426hp LS3 anniversary edition SS and the basic Camaro SS... and i know we are friendly with our words on here... but HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that 45th Anniversary edition one is just STUPID FAST!!! definetly puts my TBSS to shame... the basic SS had some giddy up too... but damn... i thought my decision was hard before... shiiiiiit.... definetly harder now...

2012-07-19154854.jpg

2012-07-19160752.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you get one you're going to make me jealous and drool a little.

Then my 99 Camaro will give me that evil look.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
If you get one you're going to make me jealous and drool a little.

Then my 99 Camaro will give me that evil look.

:rotfl::crackup:

with a price tage of over $41k.. i think its safe to say that the 45th anniversary edition is out of the question...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The LS3 auto SS is 400hp was 26hp that big a difference or are you being blinded by the fancy hood. Save money opt out of the special edition get a normal SS manual 426hp no fancy hood :rotfl: Last tip, I know you were just test driving but makes you sure to get the hard top, unless your in to that kind of thing. :lipsrsealed:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
The LS3 auto SS is 400hp was 26hp that big a difference or are you being blinded by the fancy hood. Save money opt out of the special edition get a normal SS manual 426hp no fancy hood :rotfl: Last tip, I know you were just test driving but makes you sure to get the hard top, unless your in to that kind of thing. :lipsrsealed:

:crackup:

the only reason i took the 45th convertible for a test drive is because thats the only one they had in a stick shift... the stick shifts are a bit quicker (reading the forums and a quick google search showed anywhere from 12.8-13.0 for the manual, and 13.2-13.5 for the auto's)... the exhaust was louder on this 45th edition too... it had a rumble similar to your Borla and my Corsa.. and that was stock...not as loud as our aftermarrket exhausts obviously... but it was definetly louder then the hardtop SS.... but it was just an overall fun driving experience.. the regular SS had the same hood, just different decals on it...

i took the coupe SS for a spin as well with the paddle shifting automatic option... definetly was intersting driving with the paddle shifters... something about keeping your foot in the gas up to 100mph and just tapping the paddle to shift without letting off the gas took some time to get used to lol... but it was a blast as well.. the low end torque was actually garbage on it... up to about 3000 rpm, it felt like i was driving miss daisy... after 3000 rpm... my shit was glued to that seat until i let off the gas... which is exactly what i read about on the camaro forums... that, and horrible view out the windows... forget about trying to look out your window if you want to switch lanes or pass someone... you cant see chit!!!!

but yes, if i get a camaro.. it will be the hard top coupe.. i dont like the convertibles... i only drove it because they didnt have any stick shifts on the lot, except that one...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Probably stupid torque management again. A tune and wheeeeeeeeee......

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Probably stupid torque management again. A tune and wheeeeeeeeee......

That's what my guess is too... they tried telling me it was a different motor other then the L99 LS3.. I called BS on that... and told them about the TM... they didn't know what I was talkin about :rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
It was last night, but I ordered a couple things

[EBAY]190472615418[/EBAY] [EBAY]370554668306[/EBAY]

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Cleaned the Throttle Body yesterday. Man was it ever dirty!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not so much what I did today but what I did this week!
In more or less backwards order:

- installed cabin air filter
- replaced all brake pads
- replaced radiator
- replaced front struts
- replaced an upper ball joint
- replaced fuel pump
- replaced rear shocks
- replaced front evaporator (finally have A/C :wooot:) required removal of entire dash :mad:
- had to reinstall original radio as the Metra Axxess GMOS-04 died after the evaporator install :mad:. Ordered a PAC to replace it.
- put blue LEDs in gauge cluster
- replaced the radiator push in sensor with a screw in for my efan setup (drilled and tapped top water outlet)

Oh and I also got an impromptu tranny flush after the radiator replacement when one of the lines disconnected itself (not on the radiator but the connector midway). Got a nice smoke show. After reconnecting the line, I barely made it back home. Luckily I was only a block away.

I might have done some other things that I can't remember at the moment. My wife and son are pissed because that's all I have been doing lately.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Blckshdw said:
David owes me DB consulting fees, and he likes buying tools, so problem solved :raspberry:

OK Mr. Cheeto lmao :biggrin: I'll buy you lunch and a beer next time I'm up there.

Had my Alignment done today.

I try to do all the work on my truck myself with the help of friends most of the time lol but that's what got me in trouble this time. I had a bad tie rod on the DS with a lot of play so I ordered both DS and PS, in the process we found an issue with the PS as well when we took it out the boot fell apart lmao. At the end of things I had both DS and PS tires facing outwards :no:, I guess while we were changing them we didn't match the old ones with the new ones correctly :frown::hissyfit:. Not knowing anything about alignments I prob. could've adjust the toe myself in order to make it to pit stop (which is 30mins away, I didn't want to ruin my tires) instead I went to Tires Plus and I just want to tell everyone never ever take your vehicle to Tires Plus what a joke. They told me they couldn't do a full alignment on my TB because it's lifted, which I called BS because I've had it done before at a different shop called Pit Stop in Venice, FL (love that place they don't BS around).

I only got one pic and that was then it was on the lift and TP :rotfl:. My hands were to dirty to touch my phone otherwise. Sorry it blurry :frown:
View attachment 21956

jimmyjam said:
fine, go and find someone else to borrow tools from! forget member, i better have chairman for life status by now!

All hail Jimmy and all of his tools lmao.

Seriously tho. I'm glad nothing happened to you or your TBSS :biggrin:.

Attachments

• Alignment.jpg
    Alignment.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 12

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Ordered brand new SS badges off fleabay....

Ok I know I will get hit for this but I dont care, wtf is fleabay? lol

Boricua SS said:
it took just one can for my A-pillars and B-Pillars.. i havent done the rear cargo yet.. but i know i'll need more for them...

and as for what i did today... i drove the beaSSt home from the dealership... tranny was fine.. no codes when they scanned it, fluids were fine, and the checked and cleaned my MAF... so shes back in the garage... but while i went up there i decided to get my ass in gear about trading her in... well i sat in a Gen 5 Camaro SS, Transformers edition SS, and the 45th anniversary edition SS... then i got to test drive the 45th 426hp LS3 anniversary edition SS and the basic Camaro SS... and i know we are friendly with our words on here... but HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that 45th Anniversary edition one is just STUPID FAST!!! definetly puts my TBSS to shame... the basic SS had some giddy up too... but damn... i thought my decision was hard before... shiiiiiit.... definetly harder now...

2012-07-19154854.jpg

2012-07-19160752.jpg

That car is sexy!!!!! Hmmm I would say its more just damn fast....now a m5 or cts v is stupid fast haha

You should deff consider one of those Camaros tho!! Did you happen to get what the lease price is by the way?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
fleabay = ebay :raspberry:

I went to get my final body work quote today. He recommended against doing anything because the rust is too bad and too costly to try to repair for the age and miles of the vehicle :sadcry: I understand why he says that, and financially it does make more sense, but it makes me sad at the same time because I like this truck :sadcry:

I'm going to try to do some repairs and coating myself (a lot cheaper anyway) but what I can't do is weld sheet metal in the wheel well arches. I'm going to see what options I have for DIY repair back there, what I might do is get some good well arches cut off a wrecked TB and just have him weld them in for me. That would be cheap enough to do, then I can DIY the rest. Maybe.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm working on my wheels. I've got one done

0721121334.jpg

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Mooseman said:

- replaced radiator
- replaced front struts
- replaced fuel pump
- replaced rear shocks
- replaced front evaporator (finally have A/C :wooot:) required removal of entire dash :mad:
- had to reinstall original radio as the Metra Axxess GMOS-04 died after the evaporator install :mad:. Ordered a PAC to replace it.
- replaced the radiator push in sensor with a screw in for my efan setup (drilled and tapped top water outlet)

Oh and I also got an impromptu tranny flush after the radiator replacement when one of the lines disconnected itself (not on the radiator but the connector midway). Got a nice smoke show. After reconnecting the line, I barely made it back home. Luckily I was only a block away.

I might have done some other things that I can't remember at the moment. My wife and son are pissed because that's all I have been doing lately.

Damn you put in some work this week! Good job man

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Mooseman said:

- replaced radiator
- replaced front struts
- replaced fuel pump
- replaced rear shocks

Dam that is a lot of work :thumbsup: Any pics ?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Got my fleabay badges today. U get what u pay for!!!!! But good enough for $14.
43ecd419-2160-de31.jpg

They claimed to be oem. But when slapping on the pass. door badge I noticed the cheap white vinyl was not on right. (Oem is painted and cleared!!) Wtf!! Oh well. Good thing I am getting new vinyl inlays from harmless.....someday. lol

Vosper

Jul 18, 2012
Well since I bought my TB Last Thursday and toady is the first day Ive had off since getting it, I decided to get it where I want it so I:

1. Changed Oil and Filter (Even though it said 32% Oil Life left.)
2. Changed Air Filter.
3. Cleaned Throttle Body (Lots of Posts here about doing that)
4. Replaced rear Drivers Tun Signal Bulb that was out.
5. Replaced all Wiper Blades.
6. Checked all fluids.
7. Took it out for a ride.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Vosper said:
Well since I bought my TB Last Thursday and toady is the first day Ive had off since getting it.

Ok man we need pics.....gotta put new pics up when u get a new ride man!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
woody79 said:
Dam that is a lot of work :thumbsup: Any pics ?

Sorry, No pics. Too busy working on the damn thing. Today I fixed the DVD player and vacuumed it. Also re-installed the roof rack minus the cross bars. It just didn't look right and there was rust at the mounting points on the roof.

Now it's ready (I hope :undecided:) for the summer road trip.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jrSS said:
I took the white shit lookin vinyl off the new badges. Now they are just chrome.
43ecd419-2a53-f4c5.jpg
43ecd419-2a61-e7e7.jpg
43ecd419-2a6e-6a02.jpg

I like 'em all chrome :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks man...I took em off again due to be too high and crooked as hell...lol. I'll get right someday.

Vosper

Jul 18, 2012
jrSS said:
Ok man we need pics.....gotta put new pics up when u get a new ride man!!!

Ok took these this afternoon after finishing on it. 2002 LTZ with 96k miles.

View attachment 21961

Like I said, ive had it just over a week, I thought I loved my Trooper but this Is much better.

Attachments

• IMG_20120721_184530.jpg
    IMG_20120721_184530.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20120721_184549.jpg
    IMG_20120721_184549.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20120721_184621.jpg
    IMG_20120721_184621.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Did nothing to my TB, but ordered a new amp for her. Alpine MRX-M110 to power my L7 15".

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, i did some more plasti dip on my interior... a few weeks ago before my tranny took a dump, i plasti dipped my A and B Pillars.... today i did my lift gate panel and window trim on the rear glass...

2012-07-21104534.jpg

first coat.. damn that lift gate panel was huge... used damn near a can and half on that alone lol...
2012-07-21105233.jpg

and the finished product... and no its not dirty, just the glare for some odd reason caught it right...
2012-07-21134907.jpg

2012-07-21135104.jpg

2012-07-21135042.jpg

now i just gotta do my cargo area panels and I'll be done :yes:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jrSS said:
I took the white shit lookin vinyl off the new badges. Now they are just chrome.
43ecd419-2a53-f4c5.jpg
43ecd419-2a61-e7e7.jpg
43ecd419-2a6e-6a02.jpg

There was a time that I would get pictures text to me as soon as you did something on your truck. What the hell man?

Looks pretty damn good though.

Today I used my truck to take a tow dolly to pick up a buddy's car that was broke down an hour away. I learned a very valuable lesson today, never take someones word on it when they tell you what was wrong. If I had bothered to open the hood when I picked him up I would have noticed that the throttle cable had broke free from the throttle body. What he took for the transmission having gave up and slipping was actually a simple fix, I could have taped up cable to the throttle body and let him drive it home rather then me having to spend 3 hours to recover the vehicle and get it back to town.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
jrSS said:
I like....

I been tossing the idea around, but came across a site that had it for under $200, so I caved in.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Talked to a friend and starting to look for rust-free rear quarter panels. Thinking of doing DIY rust repair to at least slow the rust down on the cheap.

Oh, liftgates are expensive! If anyone knows of a liftgate in good shape (rust-free are as darn close to it as possible) and a good price, let me know. Preferably with the tinted defrost glass intact that works, and forest green metallic so I don't have to get it resprayed.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Dropping it off at a friends for some detailing while im at work I just don't have the time anymore kinda sucks. But anyway FINNALY ORDERED MY HIDS! 5000k lows 6000k Fogs VVME lows and chinaman special fogs Also off to advanced for a relay to hopefully fix my russian roulette style headlight issue

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Talked to a friend and starting to look for rust-free rear quarter panels. Thinking of doing DIY rust repair to at least slow the rust down on the cheap.

Oh, liftgates are expensive! If anyone knows of a liftgate in good shape (rust-free are as darn close to it as possible) and a good price, let me know. Preferably with the tinted defrost glass intact that works, and forest green metallic so I don't have to get it resprayed.

Check Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adymen

Members Online