What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Received my belltech lowering kit today....now just debating if I should hold off till spring for the install

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I ordered a back-up camera, rear-view mirror monitor, and back-up sensors!

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
today came out of school, and damn if one of my tires were really low! so i went on home aired it back up, and it started leaking through where i thought was a nail stuck in it, but i took it down to my friends at a tire shop, the took her off, and checked the leak, it was actually a rock that had popped my tire and was stuck in there, sharp little rock for sure. they couldnt patch it, and gave me a used tire same kind and same ammount of tread.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
I know I had another thread that I was gonna go for Mark's old style lift and gotta good deal and so on. Then bought one, and due to my small accident I put it on hold and gotta refund. Had a rough day yesterday and had to go out and do something with my TB to get my mind off things and so I went back to that shop that did custom lifts and started asking questions. He stood by his product and gave me a week test and if wasn't satisfied he'll refund my money no questions asked. So thought why not. I dont have any clear pix cuz it was finished pretty late last night but here's what I managed to take. (Ps: I've noticed that my LTZ is relatively lower than other TB's around. Not significantly lower but it's just lower.)

I didn't go that high and wasn't ever planning on doing so. We dont have rocky trails here and so on, mainly sand trails and dunes so no point for going heavy duty all the way. My personal preference was to stick as close stock look as possible but more aggressive. Next month will be getting the adapters or spacers then eventually go up with 70's or 75's haven't decided yet.

After completing the front

53867c47.jpg

f532c46c.jpg

A pic next to my neighbors deceased TB this morning before going to work. He doesn't drive it anymore cuz he gotta 2011 3.5 Cadillac CTS :frown:

7409c6c8.jpg

At work

587b6cae.jpg

4f7cb826.jpg

Im gonna take my TB for a wash then take some pix for proper representation. The lift if i'm not mistaken is 2 up front and 1.5 in the rear. To be honest I kinda forgot what it was cuz we were debating on how high to go so the back was either 1.5 or 1.75.

anyhow It's under testing now, so we'll c how it does. On the road it's great and drives like a truck, Off-Road we'll c this weekend :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
HARDTRAILZ - I'm begining to think the last time your truck was clean is when you purchased it. :cool:

Just because of this comment I drove it to work in the rain this morning and hit every puddle to try and clean it for you, but when I got out, it still was covered in mud...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
anyhow It's under testing now, so we'll c how it does. On the road it's great and drives like a truck, Off-Road we'll c this weekend :thumbsup:

How about some pics of the actual lift?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Just because of this comment I drove it to work in the rain this morning and hit every puddle to try and clean it for you, but when I got out, it still was covered in mud...

:crackup: What no pics???? Oh Well! At least you tried to clean it. :crackup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm hoping my hub hangs together for 2 more days. It's been making some grinding noises as I mentioned previously, and over the last couple of days I've started consistently feeling it in the steering wheel now. Today it started howling something furious :eek: Parts are due to be delivered tomorrow, and Saturday is the scheduled repair. I'll try not to drive very far between now and then. Unfortunately I have to drive a dozen miles or so of interstate tomorrow and on Friday :worried:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I let Captain Insano take a rest in the driveway. Bit of a limp going on since I got mud/dirt/rocks/tree root in my bead on the one tire and it is exhaling more than it should. Guess I need to break it down and clean it up.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Changed my brakes. My rear left hub was in bad condition. Reason is that when I applied the brakes and release, they wouldn't go back to place completely (rear left). Rear was worn out way before the front. Oh and changed the fuel filter finally. Lol!

Busted

c94e453e.jpg

Fixed

9b0d3878.jpg

Brakes

49009cfa.jpg

My end links went loose , heard that happens but it's the first for me. Tightened them up but again went loose just by one drive around the block. Gonna lift it tomorrow and take another shot!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
It's always good to have new brakes. :yes:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Took it into the dealer today and had the scratches repaired in the rear panel, some from them when they fixed the window seal and the others from the previous owner of the truck. She looks brand new on the inside, I will take pics when it stops snowing.:wootwoot: Also installed the Amsoil EAA filter.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, my silicone light covers came in for my dads '06 Rado... once it warms up a bit, ill install them and his under dash led's i got him for christmas...

2012-01-12164532.jpg

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Put LEDs in my Silverado's 3rd brake light and license plate lights. Brake light is great but the license plate light is weak since the bulbs don't point directly at the windows.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Put air in the tire so i can drive it to work w the snow

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
MrDJ said:
Installed my new back-up camera and sensors!

Nice! That seems to be a very popular project.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
MrDJ said:
Installed my new back-up camera and sensors!

Im looking to do that also. seems like a wise, cheap investment considering i always back into my parking spots.

Got her back from the shop today with a clean bill of health- new engine is good to go highway speeds finally! wohooo:wootwoot:

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
07ChevyTruck said:
Nice! That seems to be a very popular project.

TB2k4 said:
Im looking to do that also. seems like a wise, cheap investment considering i always back into my parking spots.

I love it! The screen I got is HUGE and it is a mirror that clips over my rearview. This model has 2 video inputs. Eventually I plan to put a backup camera on the back of my trailer and run another video wire back there for backing it up. I have also hooked the screen up to a blu-ray player and run the audio through my system and it worked pretty nice as well!

Here is the one I ordered:
Absolute MIR-77PKG (mir77pkg) Rear View Mirror with Built in 7"

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well FedEx screwed me over by sitting on my hub bearing only 45 minutes away all day, then had the nerve to adjust their delivery date on the tracking to Monday and still claim it is "on schedule" :mad: So now I can't fix the truck tomorrow, meaning yet another couple days of driving on the shot bearing, and possibly having to take time off work when I'm busier than ever so I can replace it in the middle of the week instead of on the weekend when I had plenty of time :hissyfit:

What's even better is I ordered this a week ago, then 2 days ago I ordered a cooling fan for a laptop from ebay. Both shipped from Cali, the hub via FedEx (usually takes 3 days btw), and the laptop cooling fan via USPS first class. Guess what was in my mailbox today? :hopeless:

I suppose I should look at the bright side - the weather on Monday is supposed to be 15-20 degrees warmer :rolleyes:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Sparky said:
Well FedEx screwed me over by sitting on my hub bearing only 45 minutes away all day, then had the nerve to adjust their delivery date on the tracking to Monday and still claim it is "on schedule" :mad: So now I can't fix the truck tomorrow, meaning yet another couple days of driving on the shot bearing, and possibly having to take time off work when I'm busier than ever so I can replace it in the middle of the week instead of on the weekend when I had plenty of time :hissyfit:

What's even better is I ordered this a week ago, then 2 days ago I ordered a cooling fan for a laptop from ebay. Both shipped from Cali, the hub via FedEx (usually takes 3 days btw), and the laptop cooling fan via USPS first class. Guess what was in my mailbox today? :hopeless:

I suppose I should look at the bright side - the weather on Monday is supposed to be 15-20 degrees warmer :rolleyes:

Will they deliver Monday? It is a holiday...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh dang it.

According to the tracking they will but now I wonder if they will. Sigh.

Russ

Jan 4, 2012
Changed my idler pulley and serpentine belt.

Russ

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Got my cargo light installed during my break at work. Possibly installing new LED brake lights during my lunch break.
aefd5980-f26d-45d2.jpg

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Drove it from brampton to buffalo to get all this:

Coming back to Canada, border agent asked how long I stayed, told him a couple hours, Asked how much said around 200, he let me through. Didnt pay any taxes. Got off lucky I guess.

IMAG0221.jpg

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Got some more LEDs installed during my lunch break

aefd543a-3ff1-605b.jpg

aefd543a-4008-7c1a.jpg

aefd543a-401e-d80a.jpg

Russ

Jan 4, 2012
Changed the inner & outer tie rods on my Trailblazer.

Not bad, took a couple of hours.

Russ

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07 TB RIDER said:
Got some more LEDs installed during my lunch break

you must have a long lunch break to do mods during that time frame :raspberry:

where did you buy your bulbs from? and how much?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
you must have a long lunch break to do mods during that time frame :raspberry:

where did you buy your bulbs from? and how much?

:rotfl: I can do alot in a hour but this took about 30 min to install the new brake lights. Part of it was figuring how to test them. Had to take my book crate and push the seat forward so that it would hit the brae pedal. :cool:

My bad, I forgot to send you the link.

$14.99 shipped

[EBAY]190385133953[/EBAY]

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
:rotfl: I can do alot in a hour but this took about 30 min to install the new brake lights. Part of it was figuring how to test them. Had to take my book crate and push the seat forward so that it would hit the brae pedal. :cool:

My bad, I forgot to send you the link.

$14.99 shipped

[EBAY]190385133953[/EBAY]

Very nice. Will go well with tinted tails.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Didn't do much except for take it for a car wash after it rained yesterday and then went to Bahrain (45 min drive from where I live).

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
[EBAY]160615492629[/EBAY]

As requested by a member. Figure I would make a public post in case anyone else is interested. I've had awesome lu with these lights so far. And the price isn't too bad either.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
[EBAY]150486187147[/EBAY]

As requested by a member. Figure I would make a public post in case anyone else is interested. I've had awesome lu with these lights so far. And the price isn't too bad either.

Sweet! My tails are aftermaket and think they're 1157 style! gotta look more into that!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
[EBAY]150486187147[/EBAY]

Those don't look like they're SRCK, look for blown fuses and your tails not working.

Mark20 said:
Put LEDs in my Silverado's 3rd brake light and license plate lights. Brake light is great but the license plate light is weak since the bulbs don't point directly at the windows.
What bulbs did you get?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
fadyasha said:
Sweet! My tails are aftermaket and think they're 1157 style! gotta look more into that!

Short Bus said:
Those don't look like they're SRCK, look for blown fuses and your tails not working.

What bulbs did you get?

Damn it, my bad. Posted the wrong link for this. Modified my post with the actual action that I bought.

Here's the seller:

jaydencar08 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online