What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Sparky said:
Oh, I was told once that I should remove the bug shield in the winter, otherwise it can hold snow and salt against the lip of the hood and rust it out. True? False?

I've not had this issue on my other trucks that had bug-shields. The doors and wheelwells rusted long before any problems began on the hood.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Just installed these :wootwoot: Getting started on a write up now.

IMAG0231.jpg

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
aa2589eb.jpg

I took the quad park board out for a "vibration stress test", it passed!:wootwoot:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Got me some differential oil and a fuel filter. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day lol

Also went shopping for new running boards to get them ready when Markmc's lift gets here :biggrin: though would prefer not having them but i can't lol!

Women can't drive in saudi Arabia so we only
Got the TB. A wife and 4 month old daughter would make it hard to get on and off, unless of course my wife jumps in and We play a game of catch with little Maya lol!

I'll be keeping them At least until she's old enough to face the car seat forward :smile:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Just ordered some new shocks. Started pricing out materials for a full interior conversion to black(the right way). Started planning some other mods....

Blckshdw said:

IMAG0231.jpg

Man, and I was just about to let you know that I found your box of lenses in my garage that I forgot to ship.:redface: Was going to send them free of charge. Guess I have extras now??

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
smitty5150 said:
Man, and I was just about to let you know that I found your box of lenses in my garage that I forgot to ship.:redface: Was going to send them free of charge. Guess I have extras now??

:crackup: I thought that was your way of giving me proper motivation to try making them on my own? :raspberry: If you wanna still send them, I'll take them. I made one really good set, gave those to Jimmy. Continually screwed up until I got down to my last bit of material, and made a decent pair. Still not happy with them. And after seeing the pic you posted in another thread with them tinted, I'm on the fence if I should go that route too :undecided:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Just so you know, the tinted ones I have are the stock amber lenses. I did 3 coats, no clear. When in direct sunlight, you can see the amber shine through. They still look badass, though. I'll still send you the lenses if you like. I could also tint them this week, unless you want to do that yourself.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
smitty5150 said:
Just so you know, the tinted ones I have are the stock amber lenses. I did 3 coats, no clear. When in direct sunlight, you can see the amber shine through. They still look badass, though. I'll still send you the lenses if you like. I could also tint them this week, unless you want to do that yourself.

I'll take em clear, since I dunno how dark I want to make them. The 194 switchbacks aren't as bright as I thought, but I have to double check that tonight when the sun goes down. Thanks man.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:

IMAG0231.jpg

:yawn: needs more leds................. :stars:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jimmyjam said:
:yawn: needs more leds................. :stars:

:eyebrowhuh: Forever the enabler... If the corner switchbacks aren't up to par, then I'll just hijack your idea, since it will be 2013 before you get around to it! :ok: :biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I washed and gassed up the TrailBlazer since class starts up again tomorrow. I got more LEDs in and tried to replace the one from the rear cargo but I couldn't figure to to get that bastard lens off and not break it. Any ideas?

4b5bf591-2cae-375d.jpg

4b5bf591-2cc1-6eaf.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
07 TB RIDER said:
I washed and gassed up the TrailBlazer since class starts up again tomorrow. I got more LEDs in and tried to replace the one from the rear cargo but I couldn't figure to to get that bastard lens off and not break it. Any ideas?

4b5bf591-2cae-375d.jpg

4b5bf591-2cc1-6eaf.jpg

On the passenger side there's a tap you've got to pop loose. Once you do, the passenger's side will drop and swing down towards the driver's side and slide out. Then you can remove the base. :thumbsup: Couple of pics here

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
On the passenger side there's a tap you've got to pop loose. Once you do, the passenger's side will drop and swing down towards the driver's side and slide out. Then you can remove the base. :thumbsup: Couple of pics here

:thumbsup:

Perfect thanks. You're a good guy Carlton, no matter what Stef and I secretly tell other people about you. :cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
07 TB RIDER said:
:thumbsup:

Perfect thanks. You're a good guy Carlton, no matter what Stef and I secretly tell other people about you. :cool:

:dielaugh: If I worried about all that, then I'd be too stressed out even for medication to make a difference. :whiteflag: :diggrave:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:dielaugh: If I worried about all that, then I'd be too stressed out even for medication to make a difference. :whiteflag: :diggrave:

pills001.jpg

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
What's tucked under there??

IMG_2407.jpg

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
I'll take em clear, since I dunno how dark I want to make them. The 194 switchbacks aren't as bright as I thought, but I have to double check that tonight when the sun goes down. Thanks man.

You got it. Btw, nice write up on the how-to. I'll get with you in PMs to discuss a few format changes I would like to see/make, as well as some additions and alternative methods for doing the work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Broke it.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
HARDTRAILZ said:
Broke it.

I can't break mine since it's always broken. Alternator died on Friday, replaced it. Since then, my Pioneer HU won't shut off and doesn't make a sound and my rear HVAC won't stop ticking. Hence the name Chucky for my truck.
:smiley_kill:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I took my Voy out for some much needed trail time and covered it in mud pretty well!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Went to pay some bills and the Road was closed, went around it to a dirt road and there was a damn thing made of cement sticking out that I didn't see and rammed right into it!

My only victim is my new bull bar :cry:!!! I went under and two of the bolts broke and ofcourse the bar isn't straight no more! I did what i can with what I had. I'm gonna head out and see whatelse I can do now before it gets dark

Damn detour! Wouldn't of happened if I had the lift

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well the beaSSt came out of hibernation today! 45* and pure sunlight.. yea she's on the road today!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Didn't you just hit a Toyota like 4 days ago bad month for you fad

And sounds like you are complete again boricua our avergae high this winter has been 45 my ss has been great all winter ... Knock on wood

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Didn't you just hit a Toyota like 4 days ago bad month for you

Yeh! That's what happens when ure in a hurry to finish things! After a checkup turns out broke two of the bolts and the bracket is bent pretty bad, so gonna need a new one. Gonna go down to the Market tomorrow and hoping will find one. I'm kinda screwed on cash now cuz already spent my budget. I'm reaching out to the guy I bought the lift from to hold it back for now. Need the money

Another thing I did today was install a custom pipe for the intake. This was before ramming into that thing, also never got around to doing the fuel filter and diff oil.

a5b949e0.jpg

Engine bay needs cleaning & so does the filter!

2e4deb9a.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Cleaned my truck yesterday. After making some gas money the truck had a fowl scent from the stagnet water I was carrying which got on to my sneakers. So off to the self serve wash I went. Now the truck smells clean.:biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
found out why my fog lights suck
IMAG0187.jpg

replaced with halogen but will most likely be getting HIDs along with the headlights

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Today I took its picture
bl9.jpg

But yesterday I did this
bl3.jpg

and then this
badlands-1.jpg

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Broke me a fuel door. Looked like it was hanging low, so I went to wiggle it and it broke in my hand. It was the hinge pin. After I got that off and drilled holes to install a new pin, the damn spring broke. Guess it is time to order a billet door. And right after I ordered a bunch of new suspension parts.

IMAG0464.jpg

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Today, I ordered some replacement LEDs for the interior lights and a box of 30/40amp relays for my upcoming projects off of eBay! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i forgot to post this here... but yesturday i ordered my Avalanche 3rd brake light LED, ordered decals from Jeff, and donated to the site...and today, i just ordered the rest of the Silicone light bulb covers for my dads colorado to finish his interior lights..

the colorado's dont need LED's to chage the colors of the interior... you can just swap the factory silicone blue covers to a color of your choice.. and VOILA.. you have the color of the silicone you put over the bulb.. i wish the TB's were like that

oh, and i refinanced my SS and will be paying it off 2 years ealier then expected and a waaaaay lower interest rate :yes:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
oh, and i refinanced my SS and will be paying it off 2 years ealier then expected and a waaaaay lower interest rate :yes:

I think that's the best part! A big Salute to that! :thumbsup: My last payment is Oct 31st, 2012! with a hard $800 a month it's breaking my back :sadcry:

Just imagine all the mods I could do with that money :drooling:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:

looking a little pigeon toed there :eek:

i'd splint the tie rod with a few popsicle sticks and duct tape, should be good to go

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ - I'm begining to think the last time your truck was clean is when you purchased it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online