What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07ChevyTruck said:
:rotfl: He did the post using his android phone.

Yeah I know, it just shows that a droid is no better at spell checking than an iPhone.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I finally got my 4 switches wired up this afternoon. Will post pictures when it gets dark. They don't do anything yet except look cool. Hopefully I can start working on the light bar soon!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
What? I don't know what you're talking about.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I paid mine off.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
HARDTRAILZ said:
I paid mine off.

im sooo jelly at this post!!! :raspberry::crackup:

congrats man

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Boricua SS said:
im sooo jelly at this post!!! :raspberry::crackup:

congrats man

Grape jelly or strawberry jelly?:smile:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Bowtie mod to silver. Think I've done enough for one day lol! The rest is coming end of the month

c27d0b08.jpg

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Umm, :yes: :iagree: you've been pretty busy over there.

Hey my long lost buddy haven't seen you for a while! Lol yeh trying to finish what i didn't have time for when the familia was here. This is my time :tongue:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I had an interesting morning. Woke up for work tryed to remote start got the 3 beeps back from the viper which is usually a range problem but I was about 20 feet away so I changed my batteries still nothing got in the truck the old fashioned way with a key lol tryed to start ignition was killed so the alarm was still active but not responding to unlock. So now it was time to play defuse the bomb. I had to pop the hood and disconnect the battery and reconnect the battery but still nothing I then had to jump it and the alarm came on but after the jump I killed the alarm and was able to start the car. Then my radio was froze then had to pull that fuse to get it to work its still a blur what exactly could of happened. the battery had absolutely no problem turning over and I didn't drop at all on the volt meter will have to investigate more after work. This was all at 5am and that is what I did to my gmt today lol

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just finished mounting and wiring new emergency lights on the rear. Was running some tiny, dim amber lights, finally upgraded to some bigger/brighter ones.
Also the old ones wired into the same control panel as the front strobes, which got annoying when I only wanted to run the rear lights. These have their own switch, which is nice.

Video:
[video=youtube;83v9XQ9Z8Bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83v9XQ9Z8Bo[/video]

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
cody_s said:
Looks nice, I approve :smile:

Thanks, problem is I'm not moving there until end of march :frown:

Looks like I'll have to let this one go....can't afford two cars at the moment....but damn I really like that color scheme, plus its 4x4.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jkdubz said:
Thanks, problem is I'm not moving there until end of march :frown:

Looks like I'll have to let this one go....can't afford two cars at the moment....but damn I really like that color scheme, plus its 4x4.

Line them up and bookmark them so when you come back you can see if they are still available and maybe come up with a better deal. If they are still there you may be able to talk them down in price as well so that it will be moved off of their lot.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I took out both bottom seat cushions and swapped the springs and support grid from the passenger side to the driver side. Made the driver seat feel like new again!:smile:

View attachment 17741

Attachments

• P1050084.jpg
    P1050084.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Restrung winch with amsteel blue and put lights back on bumper.

bumperx5.jpg

bumperx3.jpg

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Technically nothing, I just laid out the new Bilstein HD's I received from Shock Warehouse today next to my kit for a little photo shoot. Hopefully install is soon!

Attachments

• DSCN0055.jpg
    DSCN0055.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 21

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well just ordered my belltech lowering kit. 4 coil springs, 2 drop shocks and new bumpstops. Kit was used paid 190 shipped. Now I gotta invest in some of tonys djm a arms and a set of belltech drop struts and maybe the spohn panhard bar and I'll be ready for install

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Since it over 50 here I went out and washed the tb to get all the salt and brine off of it.. Wtf is up with this winter I want snow damn it

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Just drove it again. :biggrin:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Car wash and spray detailer.......Got to love 50* temps in jan. in Chicago!:wootwoot:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Changed my alternator. It was dead, dead, dead!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jham said:
Since it over 50 here I went out and washed the tb to get all the salt and brine off of it.. Wtf is up with this winter I want snow damn it

07Blazerman said:
Car wash and spray detailer.......Got to love 50* temps in jan. in Chicago!:wootwoot:

it must be a midwest thing.. because here in ohio it was sunny and 50* today.. :weird: i drove to work with my sunroof open (in my car that is, still too much salt on the roads to take the beaSSt out)

but as for what i did!!!.. mod bug bit again, damnit lol... i ordered my Avalanche 3rd brake light LED and i ordered 3decals from Jeff :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So far today, I showed mine off and got the neighbor to agree to helped remount the roof rack in the morning.

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
New rear HD shocks and fuel filter. Oh and a carwash :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Looked over the front again trying to track down the noise. Pulled the wheel and put on the spare... nope, not the tire causing the racket. Put the spare back where it belongs. Created a more detailed thread about it, planning on just replacing a few suspect parts and calling it a day (assuming of course that fixes it, hence the reason for the thread to get input).

I'm trying to not look at how dirty it is right now. Yuck. It needs a bath, and BAD. We got some snow at the beginning of the week and ODOT threw half their salt reserves on the road. Gross.

Oh, I was told once that I should remove the bug shield in the winter, otherwise it can hold snow and salt against the lip of the hood and rust it out. True? False?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
Oh, I was told once that I should remove the bug shield in the winter, otherwise it can hold snow and salt against the lip of the hood and rust it out. True? False?

I could definitely see that being an issue I would do it. If just a few grains get caught and wedged in a crack it could make for a pretty angry TB owner.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Put blue LED's in the steering controls since I was tired of the burnt lights.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blckshdw said:
What did I do to my GMT today you ask? I :sadcry: over it for a minute. I noticed last night, one of my switchbacks was funky, and was showing a light orange instead of white (both circuits were active instead of just one). Checked the contacts, and all seems fine, it's just going bad. Gotta check the warranty terms.
wish.gif

So in the meanwhile, it's back to stock bulbs... It burns my eyes!! :banghead: :badday:

Edit: 60 day warranty. LAME!! :mad:

Installed my replacement switchback yesterday. My eyes feel MUCH better now!! :biggrin:

IMAG0232-1.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
Installed my replacement switchback yesterday. My eyes feel MUCH better now!! :biggrin:

IMAG0232-1.jpg

LOL, was that your mod for the meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online