What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAFF78

Dec 29, 2011
Gonna give my TB a nice warm bath for the new year. Nothing else better to do at work.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Noticed a small ding on the tailgate presumably from one of the neighbor kids. :mad:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Noticed a small ding on the tailgate presumably from one of the neighbor kids. :mad:
On the New SAAB! that sucks! Go get em

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A couple evenings ago I ran over something in the road kicked over from the other lane by another car. I'm not sure what it was, but it didn't seem to do anything to the truck or the tires. No marks, scrapes, or cuts on the tire at all. It just made a clatter noise when I ran over it. But now I've noticed a few times a slight wub-click-wub-click sound when making turns sometimes. Not sure if it is related at all or if I'm now just hearing it because I turned the radio off and was listening for anything abnormal after running it over. The first thing that came to mind was the driver side CV from the sound and how it needs a fairly tight turn to make the noise. I won't have a chance to look at it for a few days, but I'm also not driving anywhere for a few days either, so I'll just have to check it later.

Heck given the age of the axle (original with 152k miles on it) and how cheap they are, I might just go ahead and replace it anyway.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
On the New SAAB! that sucks! Go get em

I get more damage on my cars over time while parked in our garage than anywhere. Never can catch them in the act. Luckily it is small but still only had it a few weeks, have yet to park next to any other car except at home in the garage.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
One of my ballast went out so it was back to stock until my new kit comes.

62169b2e-1a1f-6116.jpg

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I installed 4switches in the front top console. It got too dark to run wires so that will come tomorrow or Tuesday.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MrDJ said:
I installed 4switches in the front top console. It got too dark to run wires so that will come tomorrow or Tuesday.

What are they for? LEDs

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
STLtrailbSS said:
What are they for? LEDs

The plan so far is:
1. Front pair of off-road lights
2. turning my 800-watt power inverter on and off
3/4. Future off-road light bar on top

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
lookin good boss...

that exterior is lookin a bit naked.. time to throw some mods at that after your done with your interior :crackup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
Detail, inside and out:

View attachment 2391

I could use a good detail right now. Last night, shortly after midnight, a few of the guys at the party decided that it was a good idea to go celebrate by doing donuts on their 4 wheelers. This of course meant that I had to follow them. My truck is completely covered in mud, but I am proud to say that he did some great donuts and did a pretty good job of tilling up the entire yard. :thumbsup:

TLDR: What did you do to your GMT today? I got him completely covered in mud! :wootwoot:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Boricua SS said:
lookin good boss...

that exterior is lookin a bit naked.. time to throw some mods at that after your done with your interior :crackup:

Aside from getting that yellow bowtie replaced, I have no exterior plans. Oh, well, I do need to get this fixed:

View attachment 17664

Attachments

• IMG_2545-640.jpg
    IMG_2545-640.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 212

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
looks like an oppsy pulling into the garage one day :rotfl:

and for my "what did i do to my GMT today", i did her weekly start up... she barely turned over as it was 20-30ish degree weather today.. i gotta hurry and get my tricle charger bfore it hits single digits!!!

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
New front and rear differential fluid, transmission filter, and 4.75 quarts of new transmission fluid. I also installed my new Dorman transmission pan w/ drain plug to make this a much easier process next time. Two things of note; The old filter was half metal and had ridges on top, the new one was all plastic w/o ridges. The dimensions were the same otherwise. I left the old upper seal in the transmission and threw the new one away. The filter fit snug. The new gasket was rubber, and the old one cork.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Loool yeh! I'll take some pics in the morning!

Here it is just a small scratch lol

21d5f7a8.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325482079.551397.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325482079.551397.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 200
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325482098.591559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325482098.591559.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 195

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
I installed the backup camera that came with my LCD GPS but It looks awful. I just purchased a smaller one off eBay and waiting for it to get here. This one is like taking up the whole rear! It's only temporary ofcourse until I get the new camera.

43c04e96.jpg

409f8dd0.jpg

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
What did I do to my GMT today you ask? I :sadcry: over it for a minute. I noticed last night, one of my switchbacks was funky, and was showing a light orange instead of white (both circuits were active instead of just one). Checked the contacts, and all seems fine, it's just going bad. Gotta check the warranty terms.
wish.gif

So in the meanwhile, it's back to stock bulbs... It burns my eyes!! :banghead: :badday:

Edit: 60 day warranty. LAME!! :mad:

Attachments

• IMAG0215.jpg
    IMAG0215.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
So in the meanwhile, it's back to stock bulbs... It burns my eyes!! :banghead: :badday:

Stock bulbs SUCK! I went for a drive last night and the regular stock halogen bulbs suck. Having my windshield tinted doesn't help either I'm sure :biggrin:

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Is that even legal?? I didn't think it was.

i dont know if was legal or not...but i think the o3 altima i had last had a tinted windshield... just a smidge.. i really liked it..little more privacy in vehicle and helped block out more light which my sensitve eyes liked..lol... and as far as light my stock tb lights put out more than the altima.. highs and lows.. and the fogs on the alt didnt do jack either... on the tb the fogs do help with the low beams on...and kinda covering the close up that i cant see..other wise it is black.. was thinking of doing some hid fogs but not sure.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
CdnGMan said:

Not technically :biggrin:

And as for what I did today, I finished organizing the TB's trunk.

62169b2e-2545-082d.jpg

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
Detail, inside and out:

View attachment 2392

Must be nice to be able to do your own full detail on new years day yourself.:frown: I get a car wash and the next day we get freezing rain/snow.:frown::frown:

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Ordered my PCMForLess tune! :wootwoot:

Pretty much stock, 87 octane, shift level 2. Don't expect it to be a drastic difference, but looking forward to any MPG improvement and that sloppy shift tightened up.

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
I emailed a guy about an '06 LS 4x4 today, waiting to hear back. Otherwise I found a black LS 4x4 as well and the owner may be willing to wait until I get to FL to sell it. It was his wifes and she got a new car for xmas so this one is just sitting. its an '05, 82K miles or so and super clean inside and out. Keeping my fingers crossed as he is willing to sell for a damn good price.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Tried out my new 4300k HID kit on the highway between cities ( no street lamps) and couldn't be happier for the money I paid

0367ec9b.jpg

ps: Bad quality, was driving + cam phone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work and parked it next to a stock one.

1-3-12b.jpg

1-3-12c.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HardTrailz - Nice pics. :thumbsup:

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
took her on a surprise offroad excursion- by surprise i mean i was surprised. just got the engine replaced and for the first 500 miles need to keep it under 55mph so no highway. decide to get adventurous and take new roads home everyday to mix it up. today a twenty minute drive turned into a dirt road going endlessly through some recreation area but it was a thrill going down all the fun roads- eventually i did run back into society, 30 minutes later.

then treated her to a nice full tank and car wash to get all that salt dust and dirt off.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
I finally got around to installing a Bull bar, Had to drive 300 miles to the shop that actually had OEM fitment. The shops around my area have it custom fit which I didn't want really. So 600 miles later I now have this (yeh played with the colors a bit lol) :wootwoot:

The mod Bug was hitting me pretty hard yesterday so just had to get it done :biggrin:

photo1s-1.jpg

I also changed the Oil and Filter :smile:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
All I have done so far is drive mine to work.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Manually calculated my mileage for the first time on the 9-7 as I filled it up for only the third time. 16.79 mpg mostly highway. Was hoping for a lot more given the DIC and the light foot i've been trying out.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:

Every state is different. Can't do it in Minnesota but it is funny when you see a Florida car visiting with a blacked out windshield.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Programmed my Scan Guage :rolleyes: for oil life monitor and air fuel ratio.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Almost finished, still gotta hookup power and ground.

Layed the back bench down, it clears, seats when regular, it clears.

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mark20 said:
Programmed my Scan Gushed for oil life monitor and air fuel ratio.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Now we have scan gushes? LOL

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
Now we have scan gushes? LOL

:rotfl: He did the post using his android phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli