What did you do to your GMT today?

JRTAHOE

Hit 77k

Jkust

Installed some cheapo front mud flaps on the front of the 9-7x until I can figure out a permanet solution to the rocks hitting the rear door.

Not pretty looking but I had the package sitting in the garage.

OP
OP
MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Founding Member
Lifetime VIP Supporter

Another alt swap this morning.

I made it all the way to Tuesday with the refreshed alt. When I got home Tuesday night the headlights were pulsing. I checked the diode pattern and it looked like one of the roadsigns in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when Pee Wee was driving at night as Mickey slept. I went with a delco reman to hold me over until I get a Mechman unit.

JRTAHOE

The pics explain themselves

I also of course washed and cleaned the truck. Also installed the new windshield wipers and rear wiper as well and then got into the Christmas spirit.

Lima Tango

Washed and waxed the SUV, in a t shirt and sandals on Christmas Eve. Man oh man California weather is delightful. Unpacked the rest of my brake parts to be installed next week.

FlyingFischer

Spun some broddies with some fresh snow today!

OP
OP
MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Founding Member
Lifetime VIP Supporter
I replaced the air filter in the TB and made a video for it. I realized that replacing the air filter was one of the most boring things that I have done so I tried to do it blindfolded to make things interesting. I couldn't do it.

[showvid][video=youtube;NUGyoIwuNJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGyoIwuNJE[/video][/showvid]

I paid mine off. It is 100% MINE! :wootwoot:

Sparky said:
I paid mine off. It is 100% MINE! :wootwoot:
Congrats! I need to contact the bank this week for my final payment amount.

Mark20

Just cleaned the throttle body. Some of that stuff was really stuck on. Needed several minutes for the TBI cleaner to soak followed by wiping with shop towels. Guessing this is something you want to stay on top of so it cleans easier.

Also pulled a leaf or two out of my air filter box and sucked out the power steering reservoir and filled with Amsoil power steering fluid.

Now to warm up a bit and finish putting my stuff away.

STLtrailbSS

SS was a disaster cleaned it all out. Got my set of bumpstops to get ready to level it all out and ordered new kikcpanel speakers, simple Alpine type S they have a beefier grill so hopefully they can stand the women kicking off tweeters in the passenger side. Also got the footwell LEDs ready to be taped into the dome light circuit its going to be a busy Friday in the driveway.

BOOMERZ

Replaced ignition cylinder due to stuck key, installed my 6k HID lights , installed 55 watt reverse fog lights , cheapo lower front fogs , cabin filters , and picked up ventvisors ( too cold to put on at the moment )

FlyingFischer

Installed freshly built box(still needs bondo, and sprayed bed liner).

Just had to get it in for our Northwest meet on New Years Eve!

Attachments

STLtrailbSS

FlyingFischer said:
Installed freshly built box(still needs bondo, and sprayed bed liner).

Just had to get it in for our Northwest meet on New Years Eve!
BADA**!!!!!!! that thing is sweet wanna trade lol

barron03

Replaced my ticking fan clutch with an 08 viscous one :thumbsup: just have to send the ecm in to shut off the cel for the fan.Got a great deal.

Hayden Automotive 2851 Premium Fan Clutch
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com) $61.17

Item Subtotal: $61.17
Shipping & Handling: $7.88
Total Before Tax: $69.05
Shipment Total: $69.05
Paid by Visa: $39.05
Paid by Gift Certificate: $30.00

STLtrailbSS

Tried my hand at PLASTIC WELDING. My seat had broken pins that were beyond annoying and leaving a gap in the control panel

So I discovered this magic device which is basically a wide tip soldering iron lol
Plastic Welding Kit 80 Watt Iron
Then a 4.99 Set of rods to fix this

It is rough but I will get better im sure but it is sooo much stronger then the OEM I used a green rod wichh is a polypropylene plastic

jham

Took mine to get the tires roadforce balanced today and found out the tires are shot since the Kevlar in them is shifting so I can't get them to stay balanced so I am tire shopping now but will wait to get some till I get my body lift so I can run 285 70 17's

Filter

Replaced the original battery. :hissyfit: Just bought the damn thing two weeks ago from a dealer, their 60 day warranty doesn't cover batteries.... WTF:hissyfit:

MichEnvoyGuy

Replaced my original, burnt out and faded lensed third brake light!

It was last night actually, but I painted up the sliders and got the rig some fuel.

MichEnvoyGuy

Well yday I replaced the t-stat again and the original coolant temp sensor. Today I stood at my liftgate and stared at the defroster grid in bewilderment as only 1 line has worked since I bought the truck in the rear defrost. I cannot see any visible breaks. Oh, I cleaned out the truck today because Im driving to a NYE party tonight and will have a few passengers :thumbsup:

Last night I got the folding tire carrier--Thanks MDB Fab-- and the Trasharoo put on.

CdnGMan

Attachments

MichEnvoyGuy

fadyasha said:
was on my way home from the hospital and hit into a Toyota Camry lol! It'll buff out :tongue: nothing serious
Pictures or it didnt happen!! :tongue:

Boricua SS

fadyasha said:
was on my way home from the hospital and hit into a Toyota Camry lol! It'll buff out :tongue: nothing serious
Feel sorry for that little Camry... :raspberry:

Jkust

Boricua SS said:
Feel sorry for that little Camry... :raspberry:
Feel sorry for Toyota owners.

Boricua SS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammer41514