What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
:thumbsup: Envoys are sooooo much sexier than Trailblazers! :thumbsup:

Apparently I have been living under a rock and didn't know Ascender tails fit Envoy :suicide:

Did you have any trouble wiring them up or are they plug and play?

Saab's are the sexiest of the bunch but yes Voy's are sexy too.

Yes they do... just have to swap out the bottom trim.

They came already wired up for the envoy and I added another set of wires to my lower reverse light so i have quad back up lights now. It helps wifey alot with backing into dark spots. Also adds a nice look when I hit the remote to open doors and I have alot of perimeter lighting in the back.

There is a right up on here some where on how to wire them up.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@xavierny25 Thanks for the pics. I really like the look of your truck. I'm still trying to find a set of those 18s to replace my 17s as backups.

Thanks brother...:biggrin:These wheels are really hard to find... I've looked for months at a time and came up with nothing.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I grabbed another "new" glove box handle from the pick-a-part. This time I bothered to check if the lock mechanism was broken first.
Now I've got a non-cracked and locking glove box handle.

The 1st gen lock mechanism is very poorly designed IMO. I haven't looked at the guts of the updated mechanism, but I can't imagine they made it any more useless.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What was wrong with them? Mine never broke. Of course, I never had a broken console lid, or dead ignition switch, and my fan clutch only just started to die after 200k miles so I may have been lucky.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Took it for a nice long over the weekend. Need to clean the engine up, do the spark plugs, put in the GM badges of excellence and start the retrofit, all in this week 😅

As long as it doesn’t sound like a darn rice burner

Here's mine I did a long time ago. Never regretted it:

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
What was wrong with them? Mine never broke. Of course, I never had a broken console lid, or dead ignition switch, and my fan clutch only just started to die after 200k miles so I may have been lucky.
Original handle: An idiot friend tried to open the glove box while it was locked and the surround cracked, which annoyed me because it made the handle loose. Then the linkage came disconnected so I had to smash the handle out to be able to open the glove box.

Replacement handle #1: The little plastic nub that the metal lock cylinder nub catches on was broken, so it looked fine on the outside, but the lock didn't do anything. The black handle looked cool with my gray interior though. :frown:
IMG_20180408_084407529.jpg

Moral of the story, this plastic gets very brittle after a decade and a half and really shouldn't be trusted to keep your glove box secured.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Looks lifted too.

Added a quart of oil to the truck. It is around 4000 miles in and was down. Not overly surprised, but I wish it wasn't using any at all.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Same ones I bought before my retrofit. Tjey came in a DNA motoring box. My beam pattern sucked compared to my older Eagle Eyes. Let me know if you have better luck.

Riktar

Sep 1, 2017
Neosho, WI
Popped in a set of driving lights from Amazon after having 1 burn out and the other (working one) had over 1/2" of water in it. :eek:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Just replaced the forward transmission cooling line. I'm still waiting for the new line I ordered, which should have been here yesterday. Started trying to get the clips out of the coupler but that just wasn't happening...rust.

So I ran down the road to Summit Racing and got some transmission hose, a couple of stainless hose clamps, a mini tubing cutter and 1 quart of Delco Dex VI and went to town. Cut the trans tube after the coupler in the engine bay and just before the bend on the bottom radiator, ran the tubing, tightened up the hose clamps and Bob's your Uncle, fixed.

Attachments

• 20180413_113449.jpg
    20180413_113449.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180413_113518.jpg
    20180413_113518.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 8

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Had one of those " I should of known better and checked that" moments.

I had no a.c. this afternoon so I thought wow its been over 3yrs since i recharged the system. It could be time for a charge. Ran over to auto zone spent a $50. on a charging can with a gauge. Walked out cranked up the a.c. in the Voy along with turning on the fan for the rear. Popped the hood open slapped on the gauge and can of r134 and the pressure is at max. I thought oh shyt I'm screwed. Looked over at the compressor and the clutch isn't engaged. Walked over to the fuse box and sure enough I screwed up when deleting the sais system. I removed the wrong relay. Smh. Grabbed the relay from the sais location swapped it over and my a.c. was working right as rain. Big Issue averted.20180413_153929.jpg
But now I'm stuck with a can of r134 I never needed in the first place.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sometimes I wish I drove a SWB, and then I need the extra cargo space... Loaded up a good sized box holding my new rolling tool chest this evening. If I didn't have the sub box in there, could have left the 2nd row seats up, and it would have just fit :thumbsup:

IMG_20180413_183415.jpg

Berns

Jun 22, 2013
Took my 9-7x out of the garage for a spin just because.....

Even with all the issues I have had to maintain lately, I still love this truck... once I knock out all the maintenance it will be at 99% cause as we all know, a project car is never finished.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Had one of those " I should of known better and checked that" moments.

I had no a.c. this afternoon so I thought wow its been over 3yrs since i recharged the system. It could be time for a charge. Ran over to auto zone spent a $50. on a charging can with a gauge. Walked out cranked up the a.c. in the Voy along with turning on the fan for the rear. Popped the hood open slapped on the gauge and can of r134 and the pressure is at max. I thought oh shyt I'm screwed. Looked over at the compressor and the clutch isn't engaged. Walked over to the fuse box and sure enough I screwed up when deleting the sais system. I removed the wrong relay. Smh. Grabbed the relay from the sais location swapped it over and my a.c. was working right as rain. Big Issue averted.View attachment 84255
But now I'm stuck with a can of r134 I never needed in the first place.
was that pressure reading with the engine running? I only added until I got to 35psi

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
was that pressure reading with the engine running? I only added until I got to 35psi
That's when I finally got the compressor running it made it's way down to about 40 psi before I disconnected the gauge. Took about 7 minutes to get it down to 40 from pegged to the max.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is totally stealth!

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Well, this is catch up... 2 weeks ago I found my old 05 Rainier in a small wrecking yard. so I bought the Running boards & the rear air deflector that I had put on it (keeping as a spare). Last Sunday I installed the running board on my Saab. Earlier this week I purchased a pair Sylvania Zevo 921 LED backup lights installed them in place of the previous set of LEDs that were supposedly for backup lights but they make much better license plate lights.. thus they now are! Today I received my Throttle Body gasket from Rockauto for my 5.3i. Throttle body is now cleaned and reinstalled. It was interesting to note someone at least 35K miles ago had cleaned it before but had not tightened the bolts in the lower part of the throttle body as they were not totally loose but they were not torqued anywhere near specs.....

Attachments

• DriversRunning.jpg
    DriversRunning.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 6
  • PassRunning.jpg
    PassRunning.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ledoff2.jpg
    ledoff2.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 4
  • LEDon2.jpg
    LEDon2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 4
  • LedonClose.jpg
    LedonClose.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 4
  • SylvaniaZevo.JPG
    SylvaniaZevo.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
  • TBintakeNgasket.jpg
    TBintakeNgasket.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ThrottleBodyBack.jpg
    ThrottleBodyBack.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 4
  • throttlbodyfront2.JPG
    throttlbodyfront2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 4
  • ThrottleBodyTorque.JPG
    ThrottleBodyTorque.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 4
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Not today but yesterday. Got a lot done on both trucks. Got a new head installed in my truck. The chimes have been disabled sadly, but nothing I can't sort out with a wiring harness later on. On my dad's Yukon it was a different story. Head unit was not compatible with the Bose sound system. So we decided to change the CD changer and install a unit there. What we also wanted was to make the rear screen work with the new unit instead of its old system. A lot of wiring and cussing later finally got it to how it should've been.

In other news went LED shopping. Got some led strips for the Projector Retrofit I have planned and for the hood lighting. Also got a relay, capacitor for the fog light DRL Mod I've got planned for the TB. Also got some green leads and resistors to led swap my dad's truck. He finally gave in and said the 12v bulbs now look disgusting 😊

Another thing I've been busy on was repairing my Dad's cracked front dash panel. It was all ready and good to go, until my brother dropped it and made a bigger crack 😖

Will post up the pics later as my phone is acting up

stcavanaugh

Apr 9, 2018
Salt Lake City
Not today, but Saturday. I bought the car, and drove it for ~100 miles. Then did some maintenance to it. Cleaned the throttle body, changed the spark plugs, added some high mileage Lucas oil stuff, tossed a can of seafoam in the gas tank, checked the breaks, and installed a new radio. It's looking good so far. Going to need an alignment soon, and probably new tires as well.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Took pic's of it for @dna59 View attachment 84083
It's dark and wet out but this is the best I can do for now.

Looking at your voy I can't help but wonder why GM quit improving and developing them after just 6 years. To me it's a good example of what a mid size SUV should look like.

Made a "bedliner" out of automotive carpet that covers the entire cargo area including the seatbacks. Velcro at the edges to keep it in place.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Not today but during the week did my projector retrofit, in the TB, fixed some cracks in my Dads Yukon Dashboard, set up DRL strip. Also redid my front bowtie and finally put on my GM Badges of Excellence

20180418_160004.jpg20180418_173641.jpg20180418_173656.jpg20180419_093904.jpg

Going further I plan on removing the license plate holder and maybe attach the license plate a little to the drivers side to make it look nicer and a little bit different from every other truck here

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hadn't been paying attention the last few days, so she turned on a little light on the dash to tell me she was thirsty. Had to go get her a big drink this evening, to make sure I didn't end up stranded somewhere :whistle:

IMG_20180419_191703.jpg

Reactions: Eric04 and Mooseman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online