What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Did some investigating on it. Since the garbage men left my cans in the middle of the driveway the other day, I had to park the truck in the street while I got those situated. After the garage door went up, I noticed some oil droplets about where the filter is. Since I had an incident a couple years back where I didn't tighten the filter enough, was going to address it today.

IMG_20180513_101156.jpg

Got under there and a closer look, didn't seem like motor oil, so started looking around... Saw this... :hissyfit: Idle hasn't been affected (yet) but I suppose that's just a matter of time right? Guess I'll need to refresh myself on the motor mount replacement write up. :book:
IMG_20180513_101451.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Did some investigating on it. Since the garbage men left my cans in the middle of the driveway the other day, I had to park the truck in the street while I got those situated. After the garage door went up, I noticed some oil droplets about where the filter is. Since I had an incident a couple years back where I didn't tighten the filter enough, was going to address it today.

View attachment 84704

Got under there and a closer look, didn't seem like motor oil, so started looking around... Saw this... :hissyfit: Idle hasn't been affected (yet) but I suppose that's just a matter of time right? Guess I'll need to refresh myself on the motor mount replacement write up. :book:
View attachment 84705

Your 2wd no axles up front so it'll be a little easier for you.... I would think.. Then again I did my shocks and harmonic balancer all at the same time. If my memory serves me right think all that took me about just under 6hrs.... Good luck trying to save that heat shield on that motor mount. I got frustrated and chucked it...

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
A929F2E9-C536-464A-AD63-40F872B361A5.jpeg
Call me a ricer all you want for plasti dipping my emblem. I dont care. I didnt wanna spend $50-$80 on a black emblem, $5.98 sounded better to me.. Pulling off the dip around the chrome, just waiting for it to cure. Ill update you guys tomorrow.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Replaced the serpentine tensioner pulley and the AC belt tensioner assembly, along with both belts, while on lunch break at work. Only 3 bolts and 15 minutes of time, and half that seemed like it was wrestling the new belt into place. The AC belt was well worn out. The Serpentine belt wasn't too bad but replaced it anyway as it was 3 years old with 64k on it. Those two pulleys were definitely shot - one had a rough spot in the bearing it would catch on slightly and the other sounded gnarly and wobbled as it spun. That should hopefully fix the annoying squeaky squeal on cold starts. I'm actually surprised they have not made more noise than they were as they were mostly quiet.

That passenger side axle seal has gotten worse though, which is no surprise. I'm not sure if the rack seal is starting to go bad on that side too, or if it is just oily from the gear oil getting slung around down there. I'll probably just do the axle seal and everything else I planned on, clean up the rack, and check it again. If it is the rack, I'm only going to fix it if it ends up being a bad enough leak.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Started pricing por15.. a gallon is like $128 :cry:. But whats gotta be done has to be done, gonna grind it down a grinding wheel and start painting once i order it. Sometimes I regret buying this truck :eyebrowhuh:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well snap.

20180518_193217.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yours getting towed? What happened?

Cruising down the highway on my way home from work, suddenly SES light kicked on and engine died. It cranks, sometimes will start up and idle OK for a few seconds then gag and die again. P069E set and P025A pending. Basically an open circuit error from the fuel pump control module from what I've been able to gather so far.

It is at my father-in-law's place right now. Hopefully the problem becomes obvious and I can just fix it myself.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Not today but two days back, detailed the interior of the TB

20180517_123423.jpg

Now I have to think of something to make this look good. Two huge cracks in the Yukon Dashboard. No other way to repair them but to have these two adhesive spots. Was thinking about vinyl wrapping the whole thing?!?!

20180517_142530.jpg

20180517_142534.jpg

Attachments

• 20180517_123423.jpg
    20180517_123423.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Blckshdw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Not today but two days back, detailed the interior of the TB

View attachment 84759

Now I have to think of something to make this look good. Two huge cracks in the Yukon Dashboard. No other way to repair them but to have these two adhesive spots. Was thinking about vinyl wrapping the whole thing?!?!

View attachment 84762

View attachment 84761
You should just sand it down so those repairs are flush and level, then paint that dash bezel so it looks like new.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got underneath the truck and pulled the fuel pump control module (FPCM). Started cracking the cover and water poured out of it. Cleaned it up and dried it out, plugged it back in, now the code is U0109 "loss of communication with FPCM" - she's dead Jim.

Looks like this will cost me around $200 to fix. $100-ish for a new one, then another $100-ish probably for the dealer to program it. And I'll have to untune my truck as dealers have a bad habit of updating PCM software while they're at it, and that would screw me over big time with my Diablosport tuner.

Guess I'm shopping around for a FPCM. I'll check local dealers first as that would be faster than ordering one, but I ain't spending more than a few bucks more for that convenience!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is used an option?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yes, except it would still need programmed with my VIN from everything I've been reading.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A Tech 2 would have been useful. I thought you bought one?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gave the Silverado a bath this evening. Nothing like cleaning wheels in the dark lol. Luckily it was daylight during the body and the front wheels were mostly visible when I got to them, the back wheels weren't half as dirty so they were done last in the dark. Was super nasty from the Kentucky trip last month and all the driving since then. Bugs galore baked on the front.

Currently raining now but if it'll stop and dry some before I drive to work in the morning it should be okay. I don't mind it getting rained on, but driving wet roads or while it's raining ruins her. The white is so needy and shows all the nasty black road grime, wish it would've been pewter like our other one.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What's the thought behind moving the plate off-center?

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
5B49BBAA-35D8-4206-9497-D96BAA8CB7F8.pngBit the bullet and dropped the money for a new gear box, a reputable one though. Supposed to have better turning and etc. Better quality, custom built, better than the crappy remanufactured ones most companys have. The one in the truck at the moment is a reman that binds up as it is.. Ill be right there anyways since im doing steering damper, idler arm and bracket and pitman arm.

Reactions: Mounce

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
View attachment 84787Bit the bullet and dropped the money for a new gear box, a reputable one though. Supposed to have better turning and etc. Better quality, custom built, better than the crappy remanufactured ones most companys have. The one in the truck at the moment is a reman that binds up as it is.. Ill be right there anyways since im doing steering damper, idler arm and bracket and pitman arm.

That core charge sure is :lipsrsealed: high...

16vcabman

May 10, 2018
Ortonville, Mi
I un- plugged the DOD at the brake booster. What is making think is the MIL light did not come on. Think somebody may have killed it already?

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
I've been neglecting the Envoy since there's not much to do now besides maintenance and keeping it clean. I was testing out my polarity tester...come to find out my rear speakers were out of phase. Fixed it, threw some foam tape on to seal the speakers and fixed the door panel clips so they don't rattle. Tomorrow I tackle replacing my hacked up OEM front speaker mounts for Scosche mounting adapters. I'll seal the adapter to the door with butyl and the speaker to the adapter with foam tape. Should sound a lil better.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I grumbled at mine a bit this morning. Due to heavy rain yesterday leaving work, the driver's side door got soaked. During a drive later that evening, noticed the DDM buttons became unresponsive, the lighting went out, and when I got home opening the door turned off the radio, but dome lights did not come on. Map lights couldn't be activated either. Fuses were good, so hoped it just needed to dry out. Then I realized I had the rear door open, and still no lights :mad: Came out this morning, still no lights when any door opened, driver door lock didn't respond to the key bob either. :confused:

Drove to work in a bit of a mood, but when I got here, lights came on when the door opened, and DDM button functions returned to normal. :weird: Gotta love the quirks of our platform...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I guess you could say I've been giving it a rest this week since it has been broken since last Friday afternoon.

HizAndHerz

Oct 28, 2013
Tonight, I fired up the Kamado grill and slow smoked some brats while my son and I changed the water pump on his 2003 Silverado. I wish my 9-7x was as easy to work on.

The Silverado has been the finest performing vehicle we've ever had. 190K miles and runs like a top. The only repairs in 15 years have been a starter, oil pressure sensor and now the water pump. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I guess you could say I've been giving it a rest this week since it has been broken since last Friday afternoon.

What's going on with that?

As for me, changed the oil in both when I got home and added some Marvel Mystery Oil, 26oz for her Rav and 42oz for my TB.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
New fuel pump control module should arrive today if UPS gets its act together, and tonight would install it, so that tomorrow it can get programmed and I should be back on the road with it tomorrow evening.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
After about 2 years I finally hooked up my illumination wire for my headunit. Actually it was hooked up I'm the adapter harness but the wire was not on the plug from the vehicle side. So I retrofitted the wire into that harness on the vehicle side. My oh my have I been missing out on this convenient feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online