What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Well kinda just looking, didn’t do it yet but found wheels and tires today!

Attachments

• 7F141CE1-C47B-48F9-AC18-F1D0EC65F287.jpeg
    7F141CE1-C47B-48F9-AC18-F1D0EC65F287.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 9

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Let me know how it sounds with the resonator off, I’ve been thinking about doing it
Stop thinking about it and just do it.
seconding thins, SUPER easy to do and only takes a few minutes if you have a sawzall, I did that at first then eventually did the full cat back setup from Gibson, it's got an annoying sound around about 3k RPM. I had to use the sawzall to cut off the original bolts between the muffler and catalytic converter, had to drive half up a bank to get the ground clearance to get the sawzall in there to cut the bolts which meant I had to drive it around the yard without ANY exhaust beyond manifold and cat and holy frack it is freaking loud and mean sounding (kinda makes me wanna do a electric cutout at some point).

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Finally fixed my tailgate. It wasn't opening at all, handle did nothing, push button for glass did nothing. I ended up taking the inside panel off and found that one rod wasn't connected, reattached that and still nothing. Everything was coated in sticky black stuff so used carb cleaner to rinse everything off and bingo, the handle works again. Did the same thing with the push button for the glass, once everything was working again put a very light coat of 3 in 1 oil on it and closed everything up again.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I did an oil change for the first time in my new poorly-lit rental garage. It's not the best space, but it sure beats working outside in the elements.
I can afford a nice LED work light, but can't afford a real funnel.
Priorities, priorities...
Snapchat-1573709288.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you move your temp sensor (if you have one)?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, for the exterior temperature. Only if you have a temp display. It would now be located just behind your new trans cooler.

Reactions: CaptainKD

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Used the tap test from may03lt to check the cam sensor on the envoy... it failed. Surged three times from light tapping so I'm gonna guess that's why it stalled. Tech 2 agrees.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmmm. I do have temp display. I'll have to check into that. :thankyou:

All you'll need to do is check the external temp display about 10min into a trip - it'll show 10F or more above actual.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Took advantage of the cool morning weather to get the EXT cleaned up a bit. It was LONG overdue :thumbsup:

IMG_20180325_093119.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Where did you get the headlight assembly? I like the way they look and will they fit my 04 EXT LT?

Built, not bought. :wink: Thanks, and yes they would if I ever decided to get rid of them like my first set... https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/blckshdws-projector-retrofit-builds.12300/

Here's another thread with a lot of other members' projector builds, a spare set of lights (not Eagle Eyes brand :nono:) some patience, and willingness to do the work, and you can have a set just how you want them too. :yes:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/members-projector-retrofits.12778/

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Built, not bought. :wink: Thanks, and yes they would if I ever decided to get rid of them like my first set... https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/blckshdws-projector-retrofit-builds.12300/

Here's another thread with a lot of other members' projector builds, a spare set of lights (not Eagle Eyes brand :nono:) some patience, and willingness to do the work, and you can have a set just how you want them too. :yes:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/members-projector-retrofits.12778/

Awesome, That leaves me out though. If it's a computer I can work miracles but stuff like that I'm next to useless. :smile:

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Pistol mount install. Magnetic mount advertised with 25 pound strength and little guy is STOUT.

I always thought about this method for when I'm in the truck. Definitely quick access if you need it during a road rage incident where you have to protect yourself. I didn't like the thought of leaving it there when I'm not in the truck (at work, etc).

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Mounted & wired my Tekonsha Prodigy today (I take delivery of a new trailer on Thursday, if PDI goes well)
Also put some dielectric on the harness connector pins.
Still need to mount some removable tow mirrors; that'll be tomorrow.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Actually yesterday, woke up the TB from it's winter hibernation. Started right up as if I parked it yesterday. Having the Battery Tender on it kept the battery charged up. The rear tires were almost flat. Some air, check the fluids and she's ready to roll.

Getting her out a little early because the Saab is having some issues. It needs an alignment badly, which probably means tie-rods and ball joints. And it's sucking gas like there's no tomorrow.

Reactions: tsmith1156

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
It's not the factory one I took off just the aftermarket one I had next to the OnStar one. But in doing so I do have plans to get rid of that one too.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Figure I'll running the washers off the rear washer pump and just add a Y or T.

That probably won't work. The pump for the headlamp washers is high pressure. Also uses high pressure hoses and crimps. I'd just leave them disconnected. They're mostly useless unless you are in the snow belt with lots of salt road spray.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
That probably won't work. The pump for the headlamp washers is high pressure. Also uses high pressure hoses and crimps. I'd just leave them disconnected. They're mostly useless unless you are in the snow belt with lots of salt road spray.

So those models use a different washer bottle? In that case I'd probably leave it as is for now, but eventually it will irk me that it's not functional.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's basically the same one. It has another hole drilled into it on the "engine" side, just around the corner from the other two. There should be a holder molded in the spot to hold the motor.

The Saab has them but is weird in how they work. Every four times you use the windshield washer, it activates the headlamp washer. Pretty annoying so I just pulled the relay. Had planned to put in a manual switch, never got to it and didn't miss it.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Went to the local PYP for their sale day. Picked up a set of OEM floor mats, ignition coil and owners manual. My old TB is now complete - it has every accessory and gadget it came with the day it first drove off the dealer lot:woohoo:
Only took 2 years of searching the PYP:2thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.