What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Finally installed the head unit I bought a few weeks ago. Not having Bluetooth for Pandora in this vehicle was sucking.View attachment 76999

How are the factory chimes with the head unit you installed. I need to have one with the chimes

I speed alot and the chimes remind me to be human again :rotfl:

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
How are the factory chimes with the head unit you installed. I need to have one with the chimes

I speed alot and the chimes remind me to be human again :rotfl:

I used this with mine.
PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface
All the chimes seem to work fine. I don't really pay attention to them or really cared if they work or not but I have heard the seatbelt and key in ignition chime still work. Not sure what all other chimes there are.

Last edited:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Replaced the voy's rear sway bar bushings. Not hard at all. I also noticed that now with the 1and 1/2 inch wheel spacer I'd be able to replace my rear end links with out removing the wheel. That awesome I think.20160708_114637.jpg 20160708_114647.jpg

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
20160708_150630.jpg Got a steering wheel cover. My other 2 vehicles have fatter wheels so this one has always felt weird to me. Way too skinny feeling

Last edited:
Reactions: David Mellado

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wow, it really turned the look of the interior all around! :crackup:

Reactions: RTTBLT1

Inferno333

Oct 9, 2014
Drove the TB to an appointment.

Still have a misfire on 7 and some random ones on a couple others. Maybe the BG44K wasn't the fix...

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Replaced the vacuum brake booster check valve added a clamp as my hose Seems a little too loose when going in. I might need to get a new replacement hose for that but the clamp tightened thing up a bit.20160709_092126.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Between last night and this morning, ran some UV dye through the AC system along with a can of refrigerant. Let it run for about 10 minutes, then checked all over the engine bay from top side, no luck. Jacked up the passenger side and rolled around underneath, nothing there. Ran down the passenger side frame rail tracing the rear system, no leaks detected there either. :confused:

One thing I noticed before when I put 3 cans in, and to a lesser degree this time with only 1 can, the receiver dryer was making a hissing noise. Pretty sure it's not supposed to be doing that. :no: Was gonna try to post a video, but all you hear is the engine and fan :bonk:

Looks like I can get an AC Delco for about $50, so might just pull the trigger, replace it, and see what happens after that.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Started working on the Silverado's shocks. I should have gone ahead and bought new control arms for it I guess. The UCA bushings are a bit cracked but still solid, but the upper ball joint is totally shot on the driver side. Totally wobbly and I can even move it a good 1/16" or more side to side in its socket :uhno: Not sure about the passenger one yet but you know what, it's probably shot too. Truck has 142k I should have guessed. Might as well do the LCAs at the same time as that is all OEM still. Ouch my wallet....!

Just goes to prove you can't trust everything a dealer tells you. Sure, they gave it an "inspection" and yes they replaced a lot of worn stuff, but if this ball joint is this bad now it had to have been marginal then as that was only 14k ago. Oh, and they did a crappy job at checking the alignment too because, well...

20160709_121732_zpsjcrfaclc.jpg

They were completely even when I bought the truck and 14k later the cords are showing on the inner edge.

Mixed opinions on the dealer I got it from. On the one hand they did do a lot of maintenance work to it before the lot, they did sell it at a very good price, and they gave me a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty which I used for the fuel pump leak that happened a day or two after I got it and they took care of everything no questions asked. On the other hand, they did some stupid stuff like this.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reactions: Wooluf1952

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well, made some more progress on the Silverado but also had a couple setbacks, a couple of which are my own doing... Updating my build thread soon so everything is in one place.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Got my DIC cluster today and wired it up. You can see the buttons on the left if the steering wheel. I need to get the mileage programmed. Are the curb view and easy exit features only available on SLT/LT/LTZ? I notice it does not show up for me.

Edit...after some searches it seems I would need to add memory functions to get the options. Oh well up next is swapping to the newer styled shifter.

Last edited:

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
Got my DIC cluster today and wired it up. You can see the buttons on the left if the steering wheel. I need to get the mileage programmed. Are the curb view and easy exit features only available on SLT/LT/LTZ? I notice it does not show up for me.

Very cool. Nice work

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Anyone have any other recommendations?
Don't forget to have him enable 5th gear (remove PWM). I went from averaging 19.2 mpg to 20.8 mpg pre- to post-tune.
Removing TM completely isn't recommended for comfortable driving. Usually 20-30% is left on. I have mine at 30% and it makes a hell of a difference off the line without snapping your neck.

Speaking of 5th gear, I got the dreaded TCC flutter, so it looks like it's time to tear into the tranny. I'm only at 83,XXX miles, so that's disappointing.
I ordered the Transgo shift kit, valve body spacer plate, 4 gal. of Dexron VI, and the filter so I'll go ahead and get the fluid change out of the way.
It seems like a lot of us have to do this at one point or another.

Reactions: Sib

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That kit is a good kit.

Reactions: gpking

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Did some work today. Finally finished swapping the sub and amp from the Colorado into the Envoy...ignore my "Dr. bag"...I do a lot of on site 12v electrical work for extra cash. The enclosure is a JL Audio Stealthbox for the Colorado, 10w3 sub and a 500/1 amp. In the future I will build a ported enclosure for the sub and move the amp to the in-floor storage space. Also added my bass knob and USB charger port.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Did some work today. Finally finished swapping the sub and amp from the Colorado into the Envoy...ignore my "Dr. bag"...I do a lot of on site 12v electrical work for extra cash. The enclosure is a JL Audio Stealthbox for the Colorado, 10w3 sub and a 500/1 amp. In the future I will build a ported enclosure for the sub and move the amp to the in-floor storage space. Also added my bass knob and USB charger port.

What head unit is that? Looks sweet!!

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
What head unit is that? Looks sweet!!

It's Pioneer Appradio 3. Only thing I don't like about it is that you can't use a USB drive for music because I guess you're phone is meant to be connected to it. I either use my Nexus 5 to mirror it via the connection or just music from my Nexus 5x via bluetooth.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
It's Pioneer Appradio 3. Only thing I don't like about it is that you can't use a USB drive for music because I guess you're phone is meant to be connected to it. I either use my Nexus 5 to mirror it via the connection or just music from my Nexus 5x via bluetooth.

I put the same headunit in my brother-in-laws tbss. It is a really nice head unit. I have a google chrome hooked up to it which mirrors everything from his galaxy s7 edge and my galaxy note3.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
I put the same headunit in my brother-in-laws tbss. It is a really nice head unit. I have a google chrome hooked up to it which mirrors everything from his galaxy s7 edge and my galaxy note3.

I had initially tried the chromecast as I had one but it was too much work getting it to function each time. idk if they have been updated with new features that would now make this option more feasible for me. Do both the chromecast and the phone still need to connect through a wifi connection or can you connect directly from the device to the chromecast?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Do both the chromecast and the phone still need to connect through a wifi connection or can you connect directly from the device to the chromecast?

I only had to do the setup through WiFi once so everything plays nicely together then it was all good.(I had to park the truck in his garage to get a good enough signal) Then my brother-in-law switched his phone like 3 or 4 times so now he knows more about how to do it then I do. Lol.

Unfortunately for me I have the Sony xav 602 BT and that thing hates mirrorlink with my phone so I just bluetooth everything.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
One thing I see recommended everywhere is to replace the 1-2 and forward accumulator pistons, which are plastic (3-4 apparently is always metal), and they're cheap enough, so I might as well do it while I have everything apart.
I've read that the Sonnax pistons do not work with the Transgo springs, so could anyone verify that the following pistons from Transgo are the correct parts?
http://www.transgo.com/products.php...197&countdisplay=16&start=12&addcountview=Yes
(Transgo's website lists the 4L6-2ACM as having a cutoff date of '02, so that's why I ask).

Last edited:

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I have used the Sonnax pinless pistons with my Transgo kit, no issues.
They are clearly bundling the Sonnax pin-less 1-2 and Fwd. pistons with the Transgo shift kit there.

I have read on more than one forum people saying the Transgo 1-2 accum. springs are too short, so they just re-use the stock springs there.

Worst case scenario I guess I have to re-use the original springs.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA

Nice work on the voy
I suggest its time for USB chargers to go. Wireless charging all the way! Would love your input on the idea

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Nice work on the voy
I suggest its time for USB chargers to go. Wireless charging all the way! Would love your input on the idea

I wanted to do that in my Colorado as it had a perfect spot in the center console for it but my phone was too big. If you're gonna retrofit an aftermarket unit and have it hidden you will need to consider the surface thickness between the charger and phone might affect charging speed or functionality. You'd have to do some experiments on placement.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The blower in the TB quit working. The connector to the blower module heated and melted the pin of of the module. Connector was also melted. Lucky me I have a whole parts truck. Cut the connector from the donor truck, which was mint, and did the triple bypass surgery. All good now :biggrin:

DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0155.JPG DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Blew the soot out from my hyper-mileing and dragged the resonator showing off to my sister that i could drive up on a curb, then onto a boulder, and off. Did not expect the crunch as i came off the boulder.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I did that too, mine were FILTHY.

It's the time of year when I live on dirt roads, plus the town is finally paving a handfull of horrible roads, but they've been reduced to gravel. Unfortunately I don't have access to a garden hose (building regulations where I live) so I'm at the mercy of the coin-op car wash at the end of my block.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got the new shock and all the new control arms installed! It actually went quite smoothly. Truck is now back together and drivable, although the alignment is even more whack than it was lol. Get this - the truck had NEVER been aligned since the factory. It still had the factory plastic inserts in the cams from when they first did it and they hadn't been messed with. Between that and the bad ball joints (all 4 were totally shot) no wonder it chewed the tires to death lol.

Reactions: Matt

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
It was time for some new switchbacks, so I picked up a set of these guys: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017C6B5IU/?tag=gmtnation-20

The bulbs I had in originally supposedly used Samsung 5730's, but they weren't as "brilliant" as my JDM 5730 T10/194's, so I figured I'd give some JDM switchacks a try.
Damn they're bright, and they directly fit/work in our 3757CK front sockets.

Old left / New right
(They make TX Blazer's mirror LED's look like nightlights in comparison)
84d99ea1d64662dc12d80665de32fd7e.png

Both new + fogs:
3b62e166f5d63f6b3ec9a6c761ccdce0.png

Here's a bonus picture from my trip to the pick-a-part yesterday, the inside of an ORIGINAL TrailBlazer:
3e3b606e321c987e724455ba720907d8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online