DEAL Cabin Air Filter Doors

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
MCukspH.jpg
I know what you are thinking, and yes that is a giant lego guy.​
*No orders being shipped until 01/19/15*​

I have for sale, a basically unlimited supply of these Cabin Air Filter doors/covers.
Please take a look at this thread here to better understand the project: http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/12636-3d-printed-modificiations/

These were designed off of the factory original with the goal to make them more available. They are 3D printed from strong layered ABS and will withstand all the heat and cold that it may experience. These units may be provided bare without the foam seal on the bottom, or with it. They will not come with the screw which can be sourced easily by finding one that will fit the plastic screw post, threat type will not matter there. The arrow is to remind you the direction of airflow when inserting the filters.

The foam seal will be composed of adhesive backed 1/4" thick neoprene sponge but anything with similar sealing properties will work just as well.

Here are some final run pictures for you guys:
FuYpKZK.jpg

HyyFtSR.jpg

Price will be as follows:
Bare(No foam): $15 + shipping.
Ready to go: (need to find a source for bulk neoprene sponge first) + shipping
Source Files: Contact me

Please private message me to purchase.

If you have any questions or comments please contact me by this thread or feel free to private message me.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
Have you by chance done a test fit yet?
I have not yet, but see no reason to why it would not fit. I forgot to put this in the main post but I will not be shipping any until monday due to school and work but this will also give me time should any problems arise.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
This has come along quite well. I'm in for one. [emoji106]

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Update: Just ordered some neoprene sponge. Will update when it arrives. Will start printing pieces today. Those of you who want to order please send me a private message and we will go from there.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Got to test fitting today, turned out awesome. I am going to start printing off a few and will be able to send some out saturday and monday. For people wanting it to be shipped with the seal, I wont be receiving the neoprene sponge until thursday the 22nd but will send them out asap after that.

LiCaNPt.jpg

DPRrLa9.jpg

If you would to purchase please let me know through a PM as it comes through email on my phone, I will have about 5-10 ready to ship Saturday without the seal. Any other questions please feel free to contact me.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Neither one seem to have a Micron rating listed. I don't really see why the cheaper filters wouldn't be just as good. I already ordered them myself, I really just want to keep trash out of my evaporator. I ordered the Door already too, hopefully they will get here about the same time :yes:

Reactions: littleblazer

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Ah yes, kemosabe. We are lucky to have the door, and will wait until delivery on or before Jan 22.

Thanks!

Pretty neat someone finally said, "hey, what's behind door #1,389?" back in 2011. And now, with today's "affordable" 3D printers, Semborski can hook y'alls newer vehicles up!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Only reason I have the purolator is because my advanced had a 2 for 1 going when it opened, I saw an opportunity and I took it. And I've been tracing down a door since. The only difference I can think of is that the eBay one may not have activated carbon, but those will be my next set. [emoji106]

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Semborski said:
I have not yet, but see no reason to why it would not fit. I forgot to put this in the main post but I will not be shipping any until monday due to school and work but this will also give me time should any problems arise.
Just an FYI: while some shippers may be open, the post office will be closed on the 19th as a federal holiday.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
I have 2 more I can ship Tomorrow without the seal if anyone is interested please send me a pm before 3pm central time.

chipjumper

May 4, 2014
Do I need the screw too? I'm interested for one with the neoprene.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
chipjumper said:
Do I need the screw too? I'm interested for one with the neoprene.
Yes, any self tapping screw will work as its just a plastic post. The neoprene is arriving thursday. Aside from the orders already placed with me Ill have enough for 3 more doors with this before i have to order more neoprene.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Foam came into today, will get those of you who order with foam out tomorrow. I have more than was expected to arrive also so I can fulfill a couple more orders.

People who ordered with foam, you will be receiving the part as well as a piece of foam cut to the approximate size needed and not applied. Reason being is I don't want the adhesive to un-set in transit due to not enough time to set. So you will need to peel the backing off and apply it to the part and make the final cuts. If there are any questions please message me.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My question is, do we share with the os, or keep this to our selves? [emoji13]

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Actually made a schill account a few months ago, it's gmtnation something and I just needed to see one article. Though it doesn't fit on the 06 and up?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Do I get disciplined now? :blinkhuh:

chipjumper

May 4, 2014
Sembo - update your initial post with the cross-referenced part numbers for the filters. Also, can you get this in a brighter color? I'm assuming this is out of sight. Would be cool if it stuck out if looking under the dash for it.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
chipjumper said:
Sembo - update your initial post with the cross-referenced part numbers for the filters. Also, can you get this in a brighter color? I'm assuming this is out of sight. Would be cool if it stuck out if looking under the dash for it.
If there is really a desire I can get almost any color possible. As well as translucent colors. There would have to be a certain number of people wanting it to justify ordering that roll of plastic. I do have blue red green yellow white and black currently however.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
chipjumper said:
I mean, once the passengers kick panel is off, you can't really miss it, but otherwise it's out of sight.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
littleblazer said:
Actually made a schill account a few months ago, it's gmtnation something and I just needed to see one article. Though it doesn't fit on the 06 and up?
They work on all of them.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
djthumper said:
They work on all of them.
Okay, I just thought on the 2006 and up the post for the screw was removed or something. Learn something new everyday. :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I'm going to have to look more closely at my 2005 when I get home.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It is in there but no door. Once you get one of the doors you can use a razor knife to trim it out.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
All current orders have been shipped. Currently have enough foam for 5 more doors and will order more.

To everyone who order, thanks again for your business!

Also if anyone is a member on the other sites and active on them, please PM me as I have an opportunity for you :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am. PM sent

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online