What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Wispered to it softly that if it stalls out on me I will make its life a living hell and then went on my way to work.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
200 miles so far so good.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my accumulator swapped out, man has this been a long time coming. Sure hope this cures my AC issues, as we're in the hot stretch of the summer.

20160726_195808.jpg

Made sure to locate my packet of AC system seals...

20160726_200147.jpg

But turns out I only needed one of them. New unit came with a seal on it's male connection. The instructions from GMSI said that I'd need to reuse the electrical switch, so I took that off, only to notice the new unit had one... 30 seconds of my life I won't get back, but whatever :tongue:

I pulled a vacuum on it, and will let that sit for 30 minutes just to make sure it's holding, before I add the oil and refrigerant. So for now, we wait!!
wish.gif

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Super secret squirrel mods...
2016-07-26 23.47.39.jpg

Reactions: SnowBlazer

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Today was emblem day. Finally weather cleared up and I got back to modding my car :woohoo:

Today I am planning on getting my Chevrolet Script Emblem on the car. Weather is looking good so far. Just got to get down to get it done. Update in a while

There! Finally got the emblem on it. Was no big thing. Just peel off the adhesive and stick it on the grill. I was only concerned about one thing. That was whether it will hold or no. But seems to be quite firm so far.

View attachment 77276

View attachment 77277

View attachment 77278

Will get some better pictures in the afternoon :2thumbsup:

Also spoke to a guy willing to change the bulbs in my Instrument Cluster, guy wants 150 SR ($39.99) and I would have to buy the bulbs myself. I can't justify spending that much just for someone to solder bulbs on my IC!! I would rather spend that to get my resonator off. Planning that for August which also requires 120 SR ($31.99)..... Have to really fit it all in the budget :crazy:

Reactions: Matt
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Got my accumulator swapped out, man has this been a long time coming. Sure hope this cures my AC issues, as we're in the hot stretch of the summer.

20160726_195808.jpg

Made sure to locate my packet of AC system seals...

20160726_200147.jpg

But turns out I only needed one of them. New unit came with a seal on it's male connection. The instructions from GMSI said that I'd need to reuse the electrical switch, so I took that off, only to notice the new unit had one... 30 seconds of my life I won't get back, but whatever :tongue:

I pulled a vacuum on it, and will let that sit for 30 minutes just to make sure it's holding, before I add the oil and refrigerant. So for now, we wait!!
wish.gif

Ohh please no AC issues..... Dealt with the actuators..... Don't want anything else :Banghead: Hope it gets fixed soon :2thumbsup:

Anyho Today I also went caliper hunting. Checked out two GMT 360s. One TB with red caliper covers and an Envoy with yellow spray paint ( LUCKED OUT I GUESS :biggrin: )

It seems that the caliper covers get dirty quickly and somehow the spray painted stands out more

Pictures I will post tomorrow. Internet is acting up

UPDATE:

Got em

WP_20160727_09_31_34_Pro_LI (2).jpg

Red Caliper Cover on Trailblazer

WP_20160727_16_27_23_Pro_LI (2).jpg

WP_20160727_16_27_27_Moment.jpg

WP_20160727_16_27_39_Pro_LI (2).jpg

Yellow Spray Painted Caliper on Envoy

Comments are appreciated :2thumbsup:

Last edited:

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Changed the upstream o2 sensor, CPS and CPAS. Drives well, no lights and codes. However I then realized I did it with the battery connected... should I diconnect it now for some time? Does any of these parts need a "reset" the same way you do it when cleaning the throttle body? Or will the ECU pick up the changes if any?
Or do you folks disconnect the batt when doing these just as a general safety measure?

Stryker11

May 20, 2016
North Texas
Ohh please no AC issues..... Dealt with the actuators..... Don't want anything else :Banghead: Hope it gets fixed soon :2thumbsup:

Anyho Today I also went caliper hunting. Checked out two GMT 360s. One TB with red caliper covers and an Envoy with yellow spray paint ( LUCKED OUT I GUESS :biggrin: )

It seems that the caliper covers get dirty quickly and somehow the spray painted stands out more

Pictures I will post tomorrow. Internet is acting up

UPDATE:

Got em

View attachment 77285

Red Caliper Cover on Trailblazer

View attachment 77286

View attachment 77287

View attachment 77288

Yellow Spray Painted Caliper on Envoy

Comments are appreciated :2thumbsup:

You know they do make caliper paint kits that you can buy and do yourself. You can choose several different colors and it's real easy to do as well.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
You know they do make caliper paint kits that you can buy and do yourself. You can choose several different colors and it's real easy to do as well.

Sadly hard to find here. There's regular spray paint easily available, but caliper paint is hard to find or I have not been looking in the right places :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Changed the upstream o2 sensor, CPS and CPAS. Drives well, no lights and codes. However I then realized I did it with the battery connected... should I diconnect it now for some time? Does any of these parts need a "reset" the same way you do it when cleaning the throttle body? Or will the ECU pick up the changes if any?
Or do you folks disconnect the batt when doing these just as a general safety measure?

When I changed my O2 sensor, I reset my trims via the Tech 2. i would imagine it would learn the new O2 or probably disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes would reset the whole thing. Don't forget to clean your throttle body.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the belt and tensioner for the A/C. Spring inside the 1 year old Dayco tensioner broke. At least I have A/C again :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got it washed before I pick up Mum tonight.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Found a new exhaust shop to do the resonator delete for me. The old one I talked to before got a little excited and told me if I want a straight pipe, we will do it for 120 SAR ($32.00) but if I want a side exit exhaust 250 SAR ($66.67). I said Thank You very much! Found another guy willing to do the side exit exhaust for only 100 SAR ($26.67) :woohoo:

Appointment fixed for this week :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Changed the oil in the voy and had the front windows tinted a couple days ago.

Reactions: dmanns67

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Ordered my ACdelco engine mounts to replace those crappy Anchor brand ones. Also ordered some ACdelco spark plugs to replace my NGK iridiums. I haven't had any problems with the NFL but figured I might as well since everyone recommends ACdelco to avoid possible issues...plus all this is in anticipation of my tune since I have a HPtuner VCM suite on the way.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
New shoes and alignment for the Denali.Going with Pirelli's this time ,pretty tires with good reviews.
Made the mistake of going with Continentals the last time and got 28K miles on supposedly 70K tires. Should have known better because Continentals have always had the reputation of being CRAP, kinda like Uniroyal had(s)....Mike.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Scorpion+Verde+All+Season+Plus&partnum=46HR8SVASP&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=GMC&autoYear=2007&autoModel=Envoy Denali 4wd&autoModClar=

=pi_scorp_veras_pdpfull.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Ohms law is the next best thing to an oscilloscope, it's how I tuned mine a year ago. If you have a name brand amp like that you can tune it to whatever wattage up to its rated spec and not worry about clipping.
Only if you have an rms meter. Other wise make sure you use 50 or 60hz because that's what a normal meter is calibrated at.... just throwing it out there for others not calling you out or anything man.

As for me I drove it.

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Only if you have an rms meter. Other wise make sure you use 50 or 60hz because that's what a normal meter is calibrated at.... just throwing it out there for others not calling you out or anything man.

As for me I drove it.

:goodpost:

While tuning the amp, I had a CD playing with a track that is a constant 50hz tone.

Reactions: djthumper

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Noticed one tire not wearing correctly. Jacked it up by the control arm and used a crowbar to check for movement. Found the lower ball joint on that wheel with up/down movement. Ordered two MOOG K500083's(upper), two MOOG K6664's(lower), and one LISLE 49200(snap ring pliers).

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I deracked it completely. Filled the holes with 100% Silicone from GE. :2thumbsup:
Silicone so you can scrape it out in a week when you want to put it back on?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Abused the chit out of it all the way to work...drivers temp actuator died on the highway and the front hubs have started grumbling.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Drove it to work today. Balanced the tires, checked the brakes, looked over all of the trans work I done yet another time to be sure that it hadn't started leaking or something, greased the upper ball joints and sway bar end links, tried to take the diff plug out to check fluid and was unsuccessful again, checked most of the suspension especially the parts I've replaced.

Left work and drove it home and watched the trans temp, highest was 172 on a hill after it kicked into second around 40mph(ect 208), went back down to 168.8 within a mile which it had been sitting at for a while(ect~200-205). Happy with the cooler, kinda figured it would run cooler than it is but 170 is much better than 200+ that I regularly saw. Looks like normal driving around here it'll sit around 168, takes it over 10 miles to get that hot though where it used to get hot within a couple minutes without the added cooler.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online