What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
LOOKIN GREAT! :yes:
no dash mod? what are the risks? I just did mine and had some issue but how might it be ruined now im kind of thinking twice about my minor issues I have :confused:

well i guess the worst that could happen to the gauge cluster is no lights, or a stepper motor, or maybe just frying the whole thing??.. im not sure.. but im not willing to find out either... after the experiences we had over the weekend, im just not going to rish my gauge cluster.. no lights in a window switch, doesnt kill me.. but a dead cluster.. i would have problems with that...

for some reason, both in my SS and Glen's Voy, we had issues with the HVAC's.. Glens polarity was completely backwards to the pix Carlton posted, so dont know how the hell that happened or why glens was different lol.. and a circuit on my HVAC board was dead, so 3 of my lights didnt light up, and we had to jumper from the lights for the temps zones.. its just too much of a hassle for the outcome... so it made me nervous to move forward.. so i stopped while i was ahead

i'll just add the rest of my pix here...

the switchbacks at night from DFWWIZ... CRAZY BRIGHT!!!
2012-03-17210907.jpg

2012-03-17210642.jpg

2012-03-17210628.jpg

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
for some reason, both in my SS and Glen's Voy, we had issues with the HVAC's.. Glens polarity was completely backwards to the pix Carlton posted, so dont know how the hell that happened or why glens was different lol.. and a circuit on my HVAC board was dead, so 3 of my lights didnt light up, and we had to jumper from the lights for the temps zones.. its just too much of a hassle for the outcome... so it made me nervous to move forward.. so i stopped while i was ahead

true. My hvac LEDS were a no-go too. THe polarity to the pix in the led mod thread were not correct so now i have no hvac lighting, (oh well everything else works) and the dash works but the automatic lighting seems to screw something up. At night all is fine. During day the leds end up being controlled by the fog light on off switch and the service 4wd light comes on but the switch works fine and the 4wd engages fine :crazy: got some problem solving to do.
I did do the dash and it was not bad and I changed the check engine light to blue and the low fuel to blue but I always am afraid of stepper motor issues or broken needles so I definitely understand

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
true. My hvac LEDS were a no-go too. THe polarity to the pix in the led mod thread were not correct so now i have no hvac lighting, (oh well everything else works) and the dash works but the automatic lighting seems to screw something up. At night all is fine. During day the leds end up being controlled by the fog light on off switch and the service 4wd light comes on but the switch works fine and the 4wd engages fine :crazy: got some problem solving to do.
I did do the dash and it was not bad and I changed the check engine light to blue and the low fuel to blue but I always am afraid of stepper motor issues or broken needles so I definitely understand

ok so maybe its something in the Voy's?? but its the same manual HVAC parts.. so im not sure how polarities are crossed... we went by the pix in the thread as well and only 2 of his lights lit up.. so we broke out the DMM and turns out all the other bulbs polarity was reversed.. no biggie, but after hours of trouble shooting, you just get fed up and aggrivated.. hence my hesitation on the Cluster..

hope you figure out your problems man.. i quit while i was ahead...

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
ok so maybe its something in the Voy's?? but its the same manual HVAC parts.. so im not sure how polarities are crossed... we went by the pix in the thread as well and only 2 of his lights lit up.. so we broke out the DMM and turns out all the other bulbs polarity was reversed.. no biggie, but after hours of trouble shooting, you just get fed up and aggrivated.. hence my hesitation on the Cluster..

hope you figure out your problems man.. i quit while i was ahead...

yea that is wierd. and thanks yea I am done LED ing I think haha. I just took out auto lights sensor from dash and problems fixed...it thinks its night time 24/7.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well we did it!!!! We finally got my running boards on YAY! I also VHT'd my tails and the red reflector on the reverse lights in the rear bumper. Pictures to follow after I run him to the car wash for a quick spray, no major washing tonight as it's supposed to storm tonight and all day tomorrow, but enough to hose him down to make the rest of the body match the new smoked lights!

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
old Rims are off ... waiting to paint calipers tomorrow and put on the new 22's

Also purchased my aftermarket racing/sport seats for autocross and finished planning how to make the seatbelt harness bar and solved where to mount it.

things are coming together nicely for a change :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:
...for some reason, both in my SS and Glen's Voy, we had issues with the HVAC's.. Glens polarity was completely backwards to the pix Carlton posted, so dont know how the hell that happened or why glens was different lol.. and a circuit on my HVAC board was dead, so 3 of my lights didnt light up, and we had to jumper from the lights for the temps zones.. its just too much of a hassle for the outcome... so it made me nervous to move forward.. so i stopped while i was ahead...

ConeKilrAutoX said:
true. My hvac LEDS were a no-go too. THe polarity to the pix in the led mod thread were not correct so now i have no hvac lighting...

:eek: You guys shoulda told me!! I'll take that pic down so it doesn't screw up someone else's. :redface: Man, I'm really sorry about the mixup, not sure why mine's different than (seemingly) everyone elses'. :confused:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:eek: You guys shoulda told me!! I'll take that pic down so it doesn't screw up someone else's. :redface: Man, I'm really sorry about the mixup, not sure why mine's different than (seemingly) everyone elses'. :confused:

NO WORRIES man really. Leave it up for trailblazers? Maybe it works for some trailblazers and not others? I honestly thought it was just my car or me F***ing up haha.

My voy seems to just not like the led mod with the Automatic Lights feature. thats all. I am super happy with what you had posted tho and it really it helped for everything else but the HVAC. :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I can't think of any logical explanation for the differences. Just plain weird. Also can't figure out why you guys' sockets would go dead from having the LED/resistors in backwards. Since voltage wouldn't flow through them, they should act like an open circuit, not a shorted out one.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Since voltage wouldn't flow through them, they should act like an open circuit, not a shorted out one.

thats exactly what I was thinking. I have a feeling some of mine were already dead to begin with anyways. these vehicles are definitely strange sometimes tho!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Took some pics a bit after dawn
e-2.jpg

c-2.jpg

a-2.jpg

b-2.jpg

Put it to work the rest of the day...
d-2.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator hooked me up by hardwiring my gps. So much better than having a big honkin cord everywhere.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
Well we did it!!!! We finally got my running boards on YAY! I also VHT'd my tails and the red reflector on the reverse lights in the rear bumper. Pictures to follow after I run him to the car wash for a quick spray, no major washing tonight as it's supposed to storm tonight and all day tomorrow, but enough to hose him down to make the rest of the body match the new smoked lights!

No pics yet? WTF!!! :poke::dielaugh::grouphug:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
old Rims are off ... waiting to paint calipers tomorrow and put on the new 22's

Also purchased my aftermarket racing/sport seats for autocross and finished planning how to make the seatbelt harness bar and solved where to mount it.

things are coming together nicely for a change :yes:

Glad everythings working out well cant wait to see the pics once everythings installed bro

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Picked up my alternator and replaced it for the THIRD time. Here's a surprise. The brand new Remy is MADE IN CHINA! Compared it to the other CCC and they don't seem to have been made by the same Chinese children. At least it has a lifetime warranty but I have to drive 45 minutes if it ever fails but gave it a good run with both fans running, held up fine. Time will tell... :undecided:

Also washed it good. Lots of caked mud underside.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
Picked up my alternator and replaced it for the THIRD time. Here's a surprise. The brand new Remy is MADE IN CHINA! Compared it to the other CCC and they don't seem to have been made by the same Chinese children. At least it has a lifetime warranty but I have to drive 45 minutes if it ever fails but gave it a good run with both fans running, held up fine. Time will tell... :undecided:

Also washed it good. Lots of caked mud underside.

Figures. I have a Remy on mine I believe. I don't recall where it was made, I'll have to check.

BTW I'm still waiting on those pictures of your efan conversion :raspberry:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
No pics yet? WTF!!! :poke::dielaugh::grouphug:

As promised here are the pictures of my tails nite-shaded, my red reflector on the reverse bumper lights nite-shaded and my new running boards. No bath on the 'Voy as its going to rain, might as well save my quarters!

IMG_20120318_191521.jpg

IMG_20120318_172746.jpg

IMG_20120318_160716.jpg

IMG_20120318_160708.jpg

IMG_20120318_155304.jpg

IMG_20120318_155214.jpg

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I got my new bumper mounted and the lights wired up. I have to say it is simply amazing!!!

Here is Mike bending the tube for the brush guard.

2012-03-17151451.jpg

Getting it mounted on the truck.

2012-03-18103551.jpg

Here are the lights mounted up and wire run. Yes, the wire runs into the brush guard tubes and down either side into the back side of the bumper. From there it is in wire loom and into my existing wiring.

2012-03-18195445.jpg

Finished product

2012-03-18195433.jpg

I am pretty sure I will be able to see in the dark.

2012-03-18195349.jpg

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
silvernclean said:
Regulator hooked me up by hardwiring my gps. So much better than having a big honkin cord everywhere.

And where are the pics of this?? :confused:

As for me, I removed the cross-beams on the roof rack... +5 HP :thumbsup:
Canyonaro got a bath too... she looks all sexy with her new rims... gotta dress up the tires and clean the windows tomorrow...

And yes, Stef & Carlton, there'll be pics... :raspberry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
CdnGMan said:
And where are the pics of this?? :confused:

Tomorrow, I am off to bed now.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Over the weekend I put the Z714X4 decal back on the 04.

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Moved the CB antenna from the roof to the top of the taillight. 4 foot antenna coming off the roof rack got to be really annoying when going through drive thru's and such.

6997303875_ba42e2a2e2_z.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Thank you silvernclean for the leftover decal from Harmless.

I an now officially repping The Nation :cool:

0319121459.jpg

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Finished my sub box!
a6fa15f0-9865-d005.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Finally replaced drivers door handle with a matching one. They all match!! My hids came today too. Christmas in march??

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Me007gold said:
Bought a new headunit Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, best buy had them on clearance for a good price

Looks like a nice unit. I have the older FH-P8000BT and it sounds great.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
Thank you silvernclean for the leftover decal from Harmless.

I an now officially repping The Nation :cool:

0319121459.jpg

Hey no prob...just glad I could help u out. We will meet, that is if ur gonna go to the big meet in coldwater.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Now not trying to sound like an ass or anything but why do you have an SS badge on a envoy? lol

haha I understand Im sure I will get that a lot.
I am trying to turbo it again soon :yes: if not later in summer I'll swap in an ls2

thats why i have been doing the SS DIC cluster. SS doesnt have to mean supercharged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taz4101

Members Online

No members online now.