What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I did nothing really. Drove it to and from the boys' school to drop off and pick up. Then drove it to the eye doctor to pick up my new "Hot For Teacher" glasses lol I can't wear my contacts for a month or two :frown:

Tomorrow I will be putting my running boards on, my roof rack on and attempting to VHT my heads and tails. Then giving it a good cleaning inside, possibly trying to remove all the seems from the debadge and demold I did when I first got the truck!!

IMG_20120314_171444.jpg

Here a pic just for Carlton lol.

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Have spent 5 hours in the last 2 evenings polishing my wheels. 2 down and 2 to go.

This is a winters worth of road salt and scale
ad3b2f8e-2651-0f54.jpg

This is the after

ad3b2f8e-2673-bb57.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Wasted my time painting my only black door handle . Used the duplicolor as I used for my side mirrors and didn't even come close to matching. F***ing sucks. Oh well. Its off so much I am not even gonna post pics lol.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Flipped the big 150K.:wootwoot:

I remember that, 3 years ago. :raspberry:

I was not able to accomplish what I had planned, my brother drug me out on to the golf course instead. I did tear down the drivers side wheel well.

2012-03-14183942.jpg

After I got everything done my wife came out and asked me how I was going to put the wheel back on to get it out of the garage. :duh::hissyfit::duh:

I guess I have to put upper and lowers back on with the spindle so that I can put the wheels back on. oops....

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
drove up to the mountain loop hwy in western washington; heading up to the trails, went to turn on the 4wd and it decided not to work. turned around and on the way back hit ice and took me sideways 100 feet almost did a 180... I saw my blazers life flash before my eyes. Ive never had such a close call with anything, and so fast. the soft wet shoulder grabbed my front tires and kept me from going farther. :eek:

needless to say i have more respect for snow driving. there was only an inch and it was 35 out.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

P1080440.jpg

P1080448.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That first inch can be the devil, especially at relatively warmer temperatures like that. It gets really wet and slimy at that temp and is easy to slide on compared to when it is colder and drier/harder snow.

Glad nothing bad happened!

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
wootown22 said:
drove up to the mountain loop hwy in western washington; heading up to the trails, went to turn on the 4wd and it decided not to work. turned around and on the way back hit ice and took me sideways 100 feet almost did a 180... I saw my blazers life flash before my eyes. Ive never had such a close call with anything, and so fast. the soft wet shoulder grabbed my front tires and kept me from going farther. :eek:

needless to say i have more respect for snow driving. there was only an inch and it was 35 out.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

P1080440.jpg

P1080448.jpg

That is crazy i am so happy you are ok well you will have to get the 4x4 fixed.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Regulator said:
I remember that, 3 years ago. :raspberry:

I was not able to accomplish what I had planned, my brother drug me out on to the golf course instead. I did tear down the drivers side wheel well.

(IMG Removed)

After I got everything done my wife came out and asked me how I was going to put the wheel back on to get it out of the garage. :duh::hissyfit::duh:

I guess I have to put upper and lowers back on with the spindle so that I can put the wheels back on. oops....

Whats the plan for the carcass?

Wondering if a trailblazer would make a decent trailer from the firewall back is why I ask...

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
DJones said:
There are several dealers within 20 or 30 miles from me. Paying shipping fees is not worth it.

I understand. Just figured I would offer it up. :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work and going to buy it a new drop hitch tonight. The 6 inch I have just is not enough.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
silvernclean said:
Wish I had ur $$ lol j/k

I work for the state and the wife stays at home...no $ here....

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I installed my HID relay harnesses, they seem brighter, but I might be going crazy. I gutted my resonator to act as a cover for my new intake tube. Tomorrow my new headlights will be here so I was prepping everything I needed to just plug and play, just need to hook up the halo's. I only got a little wet with the scattered T-storms, and it was a lovely 80* today.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Hunted down an LED short alot of good fuses lost their lives today.
IMAG0282.jpg

jham

Nov 20, 2011
i got mine back had my girls G6 for the past few day to do repairs and tint the windows I sure was glad to get my tb back tomorrow my truck gets a full detail by me and I might get to check out a bagged voy this weekend

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Bought some bosch blades. Bought haynes manual. And ordered HID kit for highs and lows.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hope they work better than mine. I had RainX Latitude blades and while they were chunky looking (really tall) they worked well and lasted. I got some Bosch Evolution beam blades as they seemed to be rated well and were much lower profile, but they haven't lasted very well at all. The passenger side one chatters a lot and the driver side smears something horrible.

Since the risk of snow and ice is pretty much gone (not that we had a huge risk this whole winter anyway) I'll probably get some cheap standard blades for now. I liked the Pylon blades from Walmart for decent cheap blades but they don't have them anymore.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I replaced the inner tie rod. Waiting for the water to dry out of the boot before I put it back on and SEAL it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Hope they work better than mine. I had RainX Latitude blades and while they were chunky looking (really tall) they worked well and lasted. I got some Bosch Evolution beam blades as they seemed to be rated well and were much lower profile, but they haven't lasted very well at all. The passenger side one chatters a lot and the driver side smears something horrible.

Since the risk of snow and ice is pretty much gone (not that we had a huge risk this whole winter anyway) I'll probably get some cheap standard blades for now. I liked the Pylon blades from Walmart for decent cheap blades but they don't have them anymore.

I use the Michelin blades from Walmart, they're a good blade for the $$$

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Repositioned the sub enclosure, and re-tuned the stereo. Drove it to the gas station, and rubbed it down with quick detailer.
Yesterday, I washed it, spent almost 3 hours claying the entire thing, then decided to do the door jams as well, Megs ultimate polish, and a coat of AutoGlym HD wax. Next week as long as my package gets here, I'm going to try my hand at my new Chemical Guys products.
Oh and today I also installed a 26"blade on the driverside.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Wiring harnesses removed.

2012-03-15170204.jpg

Removed throttle body and air resonator. The throttle body was filthy and the air resonator was not put on correctly last time and was allowing non filtered air into the engine.

2012-03-15144620.jpg

I stripped down the passenger side completely, and then re-installed just what was necessary to mount the wheel back on.

2012-03-15165852.jpg

The curse of the splined disconnect finally happened here, after removing mine multiple times as well as a few on other trucks, I finally had one break on me.

2012-03-15165932.jpg

It sucks that the housing didn't survive, on the plus side though it would have needed to be entirely rebuilt anyway.

2012-03-15170028.jpg

2012-03-15170126.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
The curse of the splined disconnect finally happened here, after removing mine multiple times as well as a few on other trucks, I finally had one break on me.

2012-03-15165932.jpg

That looks all too familiar :hopeless:

So is the engine dead from the unfiltered air or is it OK?

What are your plans for the vehicle after the teardown, just spare parts or what?

BTW what is the condition of the doors and liftgate along the edges rust-wise?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
We put the roof rack back on, and I took it to wally world and when I came out I noticed a shopping cart up against the drivers side rear door and beer cans all over the parking stall next to me, someone decided to dump beer all over my truck and bash the door with a cart so hard it left 2 scrapes on it that is down to bare metal. I contacted the police department and they are making a report and looking at video footage as I type this. So far all we know is that it was someone in a white van. You better bet your lucky dollar that whenever I see a white van driving around I will be giving it a major stink eye!

I am literally in tears over this as I parked all the way at the end so something like this wouldn't happen on accident, and someone decides to do it intentionally instead. I adore my truck so much and couldn't imagine doing this to someone else. I hope they catch the f'er who hurt my baby. I have no idea how I'm going to get this fixed without notifying my insurance company.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
That looks all too familiar :hopeless:

So is the engine dead from the unfiltered air or is it OK?

What are your plans for the vehicle after the teardown, just spare parts or what?

BTW what is the condition of the doors and liftgate along the edges rust-wise?

I understood that the engine was running fine before the accident, I am planning on tearing it down and doing an overhaul anyway though before dropping it into one of my other trucks.

The body seems to be in pretty good shape with very little sign of rust. There are future plans for it though, however that is staying a closely guarded secret for now. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
We put the roof rack back on, and I took it to wally world and when I came out I noticed a shopping cart up against the drivers side rear door and beer cans all over the parking stall next to me, someone decided to dump beer all over my truck and bash the door with a cart so hard it left 2 scrapes on it that is down to bare metal. I contacted the police department and they are making a report and looking at video footage as I type this. So far all we know is that it was someone in a white van. You better bet your lucky dollar that whenever I see a white van driving around I will be giving it a major stink eye!

I am literally in tears over this as I parked all the way at the end so something like this wouldn't happen on accident, and someone decides to do it intentionally instead. I adore my truck so much and couldn't imagine doing this to someone else. I hope they catch the f'er who hurt my baby. I have no idea how I'm going to get this fixed without notifying my insurance company.

Having been on the receiving end of stuff in the past as well (worst being a lovely gash and crease in my quarter panel of my old car), I feel your pain. It makes you so boiling mad yet at the same time so depressed. Ugh. Hope they catch the lowlifes! That royally sucks. I hate people sometimes...

Regulator said:
I understood that the engine was running fine before the accident, I am planning on tearing it down and doing an overhaul anyway though before dropping it into one of my other trucks.

The body seems to be in pretty good shape with very little sign of rust. There are future plans for it though, however that is staying a closely guarded secret for now. :thumbsup:

Ah ok, I'll pull away my vultures then :tongue: I want to get my rust on my doors and liftgate fixed this summer. It looks like I'd be better off just replacing the liftgate, and possibly the doors as well if I get them for the right price (since they'd need resprayed to match).

Hm, if anyone knows where I can pick up a forest green metallic liftgate and possibly some door(s) that are rust free for a good price, let me know :biggrin:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
got my new custom rear tire carrier on, still have to pull it off and put some raptor liner on it (maybe tomorrow), tossed in the newly tuned PCM, got everything out and ready for the lift tomorrow. doing markmc's 2.5 with 87's up front and Z71's in the back, fox/bds in the rear and bilsteins in the front. hope my wheels finally get here, the have been back ordered for almost a month

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i prepped the beaSSt for the last of her LED overhaul, im going to my friends house tomorrow and we are doing my truck and his Envoy.. i just have the gauge cluster and front HVAC left to do...

and guess what Carlton... the adjustment tabs came off with 2 wiggles and no breakage on my manual HVAC :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:
well i prepped the beaSSt for the last of her LED overhaul, im going to my friends house tomorrow and we are doing my truck and his Envoy.. i just have the gauge cluster and front HVAC left to do...

and guess what Carlton... the adjustment tabs came off with 2 wiggles and no breakage on my manual HVAC :raspberry:

:crackup: Well that's good to hear, hope the rest of the mod goes just as smoothly. Also, tell Glenn I said what's up! He needs to post around here, before people forget who he is!:raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:crackup: Well that's good to hear, hope the rest of the mod goes just as smoothly. Also, tell Glenn I said what's up! He needs to post around here, before people forget who he is!:raspberry:

you know, its funny you say that...

he texted me the other day.. and was like "bro... Carlton posted the polarities of the cluster" :duh:

im like bro.. where the hell have you been :crackup:.. hes definetly made the switch.. but more or less a lurker... i'll get him to post up... and yes, im praying it goes as smooth as it did to take the tabs off.. as of now, thats been my biggest concern in moving forward with the HVAC LED's...

i'll relay the warm regards when i see him...

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Added some cheap Walmart driving lights to the back of the roof rack, and tapped into the wires for the reverse lights, so that they'll come on when the truck is in reverse.

6842511048_8dcccfd1ac_z.jpg

6988629841_dc50e3655d_z.jpg

Eventually going to run a second wire to a constant power source and put a switch in, so that I have the option of using them as rear facing work lights if needed.

Also picked up a new O2 sensor today, but I think we can hold off on it until tomorrow.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
put a couple coats of raptor liner on the rear tire carrier, still needs a coat or two but I was losing sunlight
IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

finally got around to replacing the blower resistor PITA, modding up a license plate light for the tire carrier now as well as removing the lift glass handle

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Running boards tomorrow I promise!! LOL And attempting to VHT my heads and tails too. I'm thinking of doing a spray bedliner on the inside of the doors on the bottom because it's just nasty from all the rocks, I never noticed it until the other day, but I'm not sure if I want to because hubby said it will make the bottom of the truck a dull black instead of the shiny black like the rest of the truck.

Got the roof racks back on, and it looks so much better. Tomorrow we are definitely doing the running boards or I'm cutting the hubby off :wink:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I found that my overhead console swap is going to be a bigger pain than I originally thought, but I'm not stopping. On the other hand, I got some Meguire's clay bar.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
Running boards tomorrow I promise!! LOL And attempting to VHT my heads and tails too. I'm thinking of doing a spray bedliner on the inside of the doors on the bottom because it's just nasty from all the rocks, I never noticed it until the other day, but I'm not sure if I want to because hubby said it will make the bottom of the truck a dull black instead of the shiny black like the rest of the truck.

Got the roof racks back on, and it looks so much better. Tomorrow we are definitely doing the running boards or I'm cutting the hubby off :wink:

:yikes: Is your last name Bobbitt?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taz4101

Members Online

No members online now.