Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Two badass trucks, Matt and Kyle.

Thank You!

ConeKilrAutoX said:

haha I understand Im sure I will get that a lot.
I am trying to turbo it again soon :yes: if not later in summer I'll swap in an ls2

thats why i have been doing the SS DIC cluster. SS doesnt have to mean supercharged

It never means supercharged. It also should never be on an I-6 truck.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Putting an SS badge on an I6 truck, is the same thing as putting a SVT emblem on a v6 mustang. No matter how much you put in to it, its never going to be as good as an SS

:wink:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:
Putting an SS badge on an I6 truck, is the same thing as putting a SVT emblem on a v6 mustang. No matter how much you put in to it, its never going to be as good as an SS

so even if you swap an ls2 SS and the rear end and trans from an SS its still not the same?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
C'mon. Those with the i-6's who don't wanna slap SS badges on have feelings ya know. :biggrin:.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Its a dumb argument
Hardtrailz wants to be a monster truck
Cone wants to be an SS
And I just want to be a vette but couldn't afford it
See DUMB

If im not paying the monthly payment Idc what the hell you do to it

and
Harmless wants to be a reindeer

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Its a dumb argument
Hardtrailz wants to be a monster truck
Cone wants to be an SS
And I just want to be a vette but couldn't afford it
See DUMB

If im not paying the monthly payment Idc what the hell you do to it

haha....man if it would upset so many I could slap a nasty ass fake turbo decal on there like ricers do.
I figured since last turbo attempt had 5 successful dynos at 425, 421, and 3 solid at 423 it would be ok to put that SS on there.
my bad

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
haha....man if it would upset so many I could slap a nasty ass fake turbo decal on there like ricers do.
I figured since last turbo attempt had 5 successful dynos at 425, 421, and 3 solid at 423 it would be ok to put that SS on there.
my bad

Its your truck do what ever you want to do with it, but dont get your panties in a bunch when people call you out about it. Opinions are like assholes, every one has one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Screw monster trucks...would not function for my needs. Plus I dont run monster truck badges:raspberry:

I have more SS parts than you, but dont run the badges:biggrin: maybe I should:raspberry:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:
Its your truck do what ever you want to do with it, but dont get your panties in a bunch when people call you out about it

haha ? I knew I would get flack for it before I even posted it Im not upset at all I am happy with it on there and will be happier once I get the standalone computer to have boost going again on there as well.

HARDTRAILZ said:
I have more SS parts than you, but dont run the badges:biggrin: maybe I should:raspberry:
well go for it then I guess idk haha I was just saying the SS was for an engine that is far greater than the stock performance

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
well go for it then I guess idk haha I was just saying the SS was for an engine that is far greater than the stock performance

SS is far more than motor... The whole drivetrain, the suspension, the interior, the exterior, the whole package....If ya want an SS, buy one. If you want something different and custom, dont call it an SS.

I guess I have too much respect for the SS's.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
FlyingFischer said:
Finished my sub box!

Looks good man! Seal of approval:yes:

ConeKilrAutoX said:

Shoot for the stars man, go with a ss-svt-r/t-454-type-r-vtec-gt-r-also-turbo sticker.:wootwoot:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
guess they are coming off now so my email notifications stop blowing up haha yikes...

HARDTRAILZ said:
SS is far more than motor... The whole drivetrain, the suspension, the interior, the exterior, the whole package....If ya want an SS, buy one. If you want something different and custom, dont call it an SS.

I guess I have too much respect for the SS's.

true good point. the SS are beast I agree.

MAY03LT said:
Shoot for the stars man, go with a ss-svt-r/t-454-type-r-vtec-gt-r-also-turbo sticker.:wootwoot:

:rotfl:that is pretty funny

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:eek: You guys shoulda told me!! I'll take that pic down so it doesn't screw up someone else's. :redface: Man, I'm really sorry about the mixup, not sure why mine's different than (seemingly) everyone elses'. :confused:

i dont think its more of "screwing" someone else truck up.. we all take the risks of doing aftermarket things to our vehicles... i just think that for some God awful weird reason, the Voy's are different then the TB's.. again, i dont understand when its the same exact units... your threads and knowledge are greatly appreciated my friend.. you didnt have to take the time out of your day to make that thread and to list the polarities.. whats even more wierd, all your other pix with polarities matched the Voy's lol.. the wiper motor, rear HVAC (in the XL Voy version), and the 4x4 switch, were exactly what you had listed.. so dont know why the front manual HVAC were any different...

Blckshdw said:
I can't think of any logical explanation for the differences. Just plain weird. Also can't figure out why you guys' sockets would go dead from having the LED/resistors in backwards. Since voltage wouldn't flow through them, they should act like an open circuit, not a shorted out one.

well they didnt necessarily go dead from reversing the polarities.. what i think is going on, is that the boards have capacitors which take some time to fully disipate there stored power.. and instead of desoldering the board to take the old bulbs out, when you "break" the bulbs, it leaves the 2 leads on the top of the board giving you a bigger lead to solder the new stuff too.. so i think, that in crushing the old bulbs, the contacts touched, and with the power of the capacitor still there.. it fried that particular circuit.. at least thats what i would like to think so i can have some clerity with the issue lol... but never the less.. we figured things out, and couldnt be happier with the outcome... now we just have to test that theory on the next persons HVAC, instead of cruching the bulbs, desolder them from the back and put in the new stuff and see if that works...

ConeKilrAutoX said:
haha ? I knew I would get flack for it before I even posted it Im not upset at all I am happy with it on there and will be happier once I get the standalone computer to have boost going again on there as well.

this whole argument can go along with the us SS guys that put the Vette Flags emblem on our TBSS'.. im one of them... yes i know i dont have a vette, but i love the emblem, and i love how it looks on my truck... so who cares what someone else thinks :thumbsup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
ss-svt-r/t-454-type-r-vtec-gt-r-also-turbo sticker.:wootwoot:

Like this guy who flys aroud st.louis SRT8SSGXP
194610_10150273415233710_506408709_7888289_2973144_o-1.jpg

BACK TO THE TOPIC NOW WHAT DID PEOPLE DO TODAY DONT TELL ME YOU SLEPT LIKE ME

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Looks good man! Seal of approval:yes:

Conekillers previous car :wink:

[video=youtube;WlDLybhuOH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0[/video]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I cleaned the junk out of mine.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:
Conekillers previous car :wink:

lol actually.... my previous car was a 1990 nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (and no it was a LEGIT twin turbo fyi) and I still race it every 3rd wednesday night in ohio.
View attachment 19702 thanks for the laugh tho 9.3 @ 142.7mph :raspberry:

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well they didnt necessarily go dead from reversing the polarities.. what i think is going on, is that the boards have capacitors which take some time to fully disipate there stored power.. and instead of desoldering the board to take the old bulbs out, when you "break" the bulbs, it leaves the 2 leads on the top of the board giving you a bigger lead to solder the new stuff too.. so i think, that in crushing the old bulbs, the contacts touched, and with the power of the capacitor still there.. it fried that particular circuit.. at least thats what i would like to think so i can have some clerity with the issue lol... but never the less.. we figured things out, and couldnt be happier with the outcome... now we just have to test that theory on the next persons HVAC, instead of cruching the bulbs, desolder them from the back and put in the new stuff and see if that works

oh that is true.
When i touched a 9v to one led they all light up but when under car power none did. :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
lol actually.... my previous car was a 1990 nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (and no it was a LEGIT twin turbo fyi) and I still race it every 3rd wednesday night in ohio.
View attachment 5166 thanks for the laugh tho 9.3 @ 142.7mph :raspberry:

to stay on topic.. i moved the beaSSt outta the garage to deal with an issue i was having with the headlights...

as for Cone... where at in Ohio... i go to norwalk every wednesday and some friday nights for test n tune's...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
my bad

IMO it's the same thing, but if you turbo it, a turbo emblem is fine (AFTER THE TURBO IS DONE!!!), but it's still not going to be a SS.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
to stay on topic.. i moved the beaSSt outta the garage to deal with an issue i was having with the headlights...

as for Cone... where at in Ohio... i go to norwalk every wednesday and some friday nights for test n tune's...

Thompson speedway near madison/thompson east of cleveland (closest to me in being in pa)

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:

haha I understand Im sure I will get that a lot.
I am trying to turbo it again soon :yes: if not later in summer I'll swap in an ls2

thats why i have been doing the SS DIC cluster. SS doesnt have to mean supercharged

not just motor or looks etc etc but the SS is for chevy not for GMC lol that is one reason why I asked. Its like putting str-8 on a bmw or a m6 badge on a toyota or something haha just sayin! I mean its your truck and if you like it then thats all that matters :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
not just motor or looks etc etc but the SS is for chevy not for GMC lol that is one reason why I asked. Its like putting str-8 on a bmw or a m6 badge on a toyota or something haha just sayin! I mean its your truck and if you like it then thats all that matters :thumbsup:

I agree with srt8 on bmw. Not even same family. But gmc not being a chevy is like saying dodge isnt a crysler or visa versa its pretty much the same family but a different model you know? But yea i understand SS is a lot more stepped up than a stock tb and the envoy , bravada, saab, are all same family

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
I agree with srt8 on bmw. Not even same family. But gmc not being a chevy is like saying dodge isnt a crysler or visa versa its pretty much the same family but a different model you know? But yea i understand SS is a lot more stepped up than a stock tb and the envoy , bravada, saab, are all same family

Yes same family but SS is chevy, denali is GMC lol Each one is put to its maker you know. I mean putting halos on a benz or leds of an audi on a bmw still wont be right...even tho they are the same family. I mean I was just wondering on the badge lol its just not everyday to see that is all

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Drove it around to drop off kids and pick them up. Will do the same tomorrow, it's going to be raining all week :frown:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yes same family but SS is chevy, denali is GMC lol Each one is put to its maker you know. I mean putting halos on a benz or leds of an audi on a bmw still wont be right...even tho they are the same family. I mean I was just wondering on the badge lol its just not everyday to see that is all

Oh definitely understand man. Im not mad or anything i was just backing my reasoning for having it on there thats all haha i just want to stop blowing up the thread about this lol

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I claybarred another 1/4 of one of my doors, then waxed 1/2 of the door. Polishing compound got the impossible to remove, off. Finishing up the bottom half tomorrow...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove it, put "cheap" gas in it (got it for $3.67 before it jumped to $3.99, What a ripoff! :hissyfit:). It's telling me its throttle body needs cleaned again. It has been about 30k miles since last time I cleaned it, so it's due. I'll have to do that in the next couple of days.

Last night I was looking at efan controllers and I think I'm going with the Derale 16789. Would be nice if I could find a way to have the PCM control it but that's not looking very likely. Isn't the stock fan controlled via a PWM signal? I saw a chart a while ago on the OS that had stock fan speed vs temp, does anyone have a copy of that?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Sparky said:
Would be nice if I could find a way to have the PCM control it but that's not looking very likely. Isn't the stock fan controlled via a PWM signal?

Is there a way we can keep the wiring intact for the stock fan and just tap the hot lead into a relay and use that to control the efans? Take just the connector from the clutch fan, tie it off somewhere so the ECM would still think it's activating the fan?

Just an idea I have been toying with.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
No it has a feedback wire too. Commanded speed vs reported speed.

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
Well, yesterday, I took the door molding off, as well as the roof rack. I tinted the tail lights, and painted my heat shield on my K and N CAI to match my TB.
tb001-1.jpg

tb002.jpg

tb003-1.jpg

tb004-1.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bought it a thermal fan clutch

jham

Nov 20, 2011
I ordered some parts set an appointment for some paint work and ordered some new tires and changed the check valve for the secondary air injection and spark plugs wow its hot out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taz4101

Members Online

No members online now.