What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
:yikes: Is your last name Bobbitt?!?

:rotfl:

I didn't mean it like that, although that could be a possibility too :undecided:

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Voymom said:
:rotfl:

I didn't mean it like that, although that could be a possibility too :undecided:

:rotfl: You know you may be cut off from meets... Im a bit scared thinking about it. I may not fall asleep now... Thanks.. :sadcry:
Just kidding. :smile:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Juicy K said:
:rotfl: You know you may be cut off from meets... Im a bit scared thinking about it. I may not fall asleep now... Thanks.. :sadcry:
Just kidding. :smile:

BOO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't fall asleep at night, the penis cutter offer may be lurking around the corner :lipsrsealed:

2472391-362908-picture-of-beautiful-housewife-with-big-knife.jpg

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Voymom said:
BOO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't fall asleep at night, the penis cutter offer may be lurking around the corner :lipsrsealed:

LMAO.... Mine still better be there in the morning. I wish I could meet everybody here. But if the chance ever comes to meet you. I'm keeping my eyes on you. LOL hope your nights going well. OH! BTW! I got my TreadWrights today. :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Juicy K said:
LMAO.... Mine still better be there in the morning. I wish I could meet everybody here. But if the chance ever comes to meet you. I'm keeping my eyes on you. LOL hope your nights going well. OH! BTW! I got my TreadWrights today. :biggrin:

A few cold ones and my night has been great!!! As you can see lmao. Oh and I met Jeff AKA High Voltage and he still has his :wink: I hope anyways, if not that was NOT my doing :wink:

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Gave myself 10 minutes worth of walking to the bar parking lot tomorrow morning to recover the Trailblazer.

Funny how happy "hour" turns into happy "seven hours."

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
suburbs said:
Gave myself 10 minutes worth of walking to the bar parking lot tomorrow morning to recover the Trailblazer.

Funny how happy "hour" turns into happy "seven hours."

Could have been worse.. Could have been a waking up in jail, or, waking up next to someone that you shouldnt be next to..

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Could have been worse.. Could have been a waking up in jail, or, waking up next to someone that you shouldnt be next to..

Hey, here in Detroit, we call that a party! :biggrin:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
WELL FINALLY GOT ALL THE PARTS AND READY TO INSTALL ON MAYO.....PICS WILL BE POSTED OF MAYO BEFORE AND AFTERS :wootwoot::wootwoot: This is the list LED Taillights, SS Grill, 9-7x roof rails, new headlights, reverse LEDS ( Thanx Wiz/Kevin ) :thumbsup: Oh and I know its not a GMT but will post a pic of my wifes Grand Prix GT with Halos & LED Tails..........I couldn't leave her out of the mods or I'd be on the couch for the rest of 2012 lol

View attachment 19633

Attachments

• IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 8

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
In the process of taping the heads so I can VHT them, and hubby is outside trying to install my running boards!!! If I have time today I will VHT my tails too, but we have date night tonight so we'll see. Phantom is also going to get a nice wash later to get all spiffy for a night around town.

And I know, Pictures or it didn't happen lol I will post pictures later tonight when everything is done and back on the truck!!!

Hopefully the heads come out okay, I'm not sure if it was a good idea to let my kids help in the taping process lol but we'll see!!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I started claybarring. 1 hour later, and I have not even one door complete. The name for what I am trying to remove is "rail dust" better known as rotor shavings. "Rail dust" seems to be something that somebody didn't know what to call it, and the term spread like wildfire. It would imply that either I cross railroad tracks frequently (not true) or that rail dust stays airborne for a long period of time (unlikely).

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332006045263.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332006045263.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 89

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Dug the old lens glue out of my spare driver side headlight housing. Then went out and checked the wiring of the turn signal bulbs... Holy crap GM engineers are the strangest electrical guys. They wired the sockets in the most bizarre way ever. At first glance they look to be wired normally in the front and not CK, but then with more testing the two ground terminals are actually connected to the light blue wire which is the bright filament! The black ground wire is where the light blue would be normally, and the brown is where it belongs.

What where they smoking when they wired this :confused:

I can make my custom stuff work fine with this as I just have to switch a couple wires around, but still it is the strangest thing ever. It doesn't actually match the wiring diagrams because the diagrams show it wired properly.

Of course in the middle of all this I have my testers out, my diagrams laid out, and it randomly starts raining on me :crazy:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sparky said:
Dug the old lens glue out of my spare driver side headlight housing. Then went out and checked the wiring of the turn signal bulbs... Holy crap GM engineers are the strangest electrical guys. They wired the sockets in the most bizarre way ever. At first glance they look to be wired normally in the front and not CK, but then with more testing the two ground terminals are actually connected to the light blue wire which is the bright filament! The black ground wire is where the light blue would be normally, and the brown is where it belongs.

What where they smoking when they wired this :confused:

I can make my custom stuff work fine with this as I just have to switch a couple wires around, but still it is the strangest thing ever. It doesn't actually match the wiring diagrams because the diagrams show it wired properly.

Of course in the middle of all this I have my testers out, my diagrams laid out, and it randomly starts raining on me :crazy:

I think this is the same thing Matt ran into, when it put some switchbacks up front... Maybe it's a 2002 thing?

CdnGMan said:
I finally put the 20" rims on her... :wootwoot:

And your picture are where exactly?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well St.Patricks was put on hold when I learned I have work at 5AM tomorrow now So I took a day FINALLY debaged the TB and dealer side of the hatch SS only now, also tried dipping the bowtie did not like it ,wrong look So I ordered a new insert from motor city vinyl. Planed on interior detail but was rained out for the rest of the day :hissyfit: also want to try to delete the rear handle tomorrow.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Did a little photoshoot when I took the wife out for dinner.. Pics to follow shortly!

And it did rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock today, holy hell..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the drop hitch. Used it to clean out some of our storage sheds.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced a wheel hub that had grenaded (4 month old Raybestos, made in China). This thing was toast. Seal fell off and it had missing bearings. Replaced with a MADE IN USA Timken.

Then it was such a nice day, I finally put in the e-fans. Used fans from a Montana van and a Derale dual fan controller. Works great. Why fans from a Montana instead of the usual LS1/Camaro fans? Well, I already had these from when I had them in my Jimmy and they are also bigger (14" instead of 11"). They stick out about an inch on each side but they pull a lot of air. So much so that the one fan runs only about 15 seconds to cool it down! Made my own wiring and brackets. Only problem is that they killed my cheap Chinese crap alternator. It was flaky from day 1 (~ 2 months) and this was my second one (first one died in similar circumstances). I'll be getting a new Remy from Advance in Ogdensburg NY tomorrow. $190 - $30 online discount. And no core charge since I'll bring my old original alternator. Had a hassle to get the rebate because I couldn't use my Canadian credit card but I called them up and made arrangements to pick up the order and get the rebate. Sweet :biggrin: A lot better than $360 for a Bosch reman from Canadian Tire :yikes: and lifetime warranty to boot :thumbsup:.

No raping me tomorrow and without the old fan, easier alternator swap :celebrate:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
PICS! We demand PICS of the efans!

Well, I do, because I'm looking at having to remove my current fan to get to my AC pulley bearing anyway And I dont' want to put it back!

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
6K VVME HID's in the fogs.....we can finally use the fogs again now that they match the headlights. :wootwoot:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
been playing with the Voy on and off all day, connecter on my hose took a crap on me, might have broke my pinky again but the job was completed, 87's on the front, Z71's on the rear

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

before
IMG_0971.jpg

after
IMG_0974.jpg

after in the rear, forgot a before pic but it was sitting about 33 1/4"
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Now maybe my wheels will show up the next couple days, been over a month since i ordered them :coffee:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sparky said:
PICS! We demand PICS of the efans!

Well, I do, because I'm looking at having to remove my current fan to get to my AC pulley bearing anyway And I dont' want to put it back!

I don't blame you, so much space and quiet now. So much so that I think I can hear my camshaft actuator acting up now. I'll take some pics and post them in a separate thread when I swap the alternator. I don't think the amperage is too much since these vans came with only a 125A alternator so our 150A should be able to handle it fine. Damn Chinese crap alternator couldn't handle it though :hissyfit:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well, yesterday we attempted the running boards and failed once again, we think the bolts are to big as a tap and dye set didn't work either. I VHT'd my heads but didn't get to do my tails as the heads took a bit longer than expected and it was date night lol. I'm about to go out and do my tails now while hubby naps, we had a very long night last night lol

On another note, the socket and ratchet my husband used for the running boards yesterday survived a 50 mile trip on bumpy construction roads, highway, movie theater and my driving UNDER THE TRUCK!! It was still attached to a bolt lol We went to Target after our movie, and the light caught the socket and I seen something shiny under the passenger door, hubby bent down and low and behold it was his socket and ratchet :biggrin: It was a deep socket so that helped too, but pretty amazing to say the least.

Ayways, enough jibber jabbering and here are pictures of my heads all nightshaded. I did 5 coats around the bezel and 2 coats over the amber.

IMG_20120317_165324.jpg

IMG_20120317_165314.jpg

IMG_20120317_165306.jpg

IMG_20120317_165259.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Man that's hott!! Like the look.

Thanks!!! I can't get over how good it looks either. I was hesitant at first, but it really wasn't that difficult. I was inpatient so I used my hair dryer to dry the VHT lol.

ItsOnVoy said:
That looks amazing nice job for sure :yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://gmtnation.com/f67/voys-journey-194/

It was fun! I haven't clear coated it yet, the clear coat we tried yesterday turned the VHT blue :lipsrsealed: and when I attempted to wet sand it, the clear coat just clumped off and made a nasty mess with the VHT causing it to literally peel off like rubber, so we had to retape both and do it a second time, but didn't clear coat or sand which i'm okay with, it was easy enough that I won't mind having to touch it up if it dulls out over time.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
What did u use to tape off the "circles"?? :confused: looks awesme. This mod would be better than tearing the housing apart

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
What did u use to tape off the "circles"?? :confused: looks awesme. This mod would be better than tearing the housing apart

I used regular blue painters tape, I have a picture of it taped off. We cut thin strips of the tape to resemble pin striping tape and went along the edges of the circles and then just filled it in with longer strips of tape. I did the same with the amber side. But removed the tape for the last 2 coats.

I think I deleted that picture of it all taped up.....But it's pretty explainable, just thin strips of tape cut with a box cutter and went along the outline of the light, then put tape in the middle to fill the rest in. The thin tape makes is easier to move around at angles and is more flexible than the tape as its stock size.

I washed my lights with rubbing alcohol and wiped down with a damp cloth of plain water and let dry before I taped. Now when you peel the tape off it leaves behind the residue, but heating the tape up with a hair dryer fixes that problem.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Got the welded/ground bumper on and did the tube yesterday.

IMAG0993-1.jpg

IMAG1000-1.jpg

IMAG1002-1.jpg

Got 'er done and painted up last night, then mounted and got them headed back home by noon, today.

IMAG1006-1.jpg

IMAG1009-1.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Cleaned up the interior today, and all I can say is WOMEN! So we went to a park Friday night and walking on a gravel path for a while well heres my problem
This is the alpine on my side.
IMAG0289.jpg

Her Side
IMAG0288.jpg

:no: used it as a second floor mat

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i finished up some mods that i had sitting around since the end of last year...

went over my friends house and we did the LED interior conversion on his Voy, and finished mine off... i was going to do my gauge cluster, but i got scared away.. im not risking a 5 dollar mod for a 200+ dollar piece of equipment.. we had some issues with the HVAC that led me aaway from my cluster.. i will just do a US Speedo cluster or some kind of overlay and be done with it...

also installed all my exterior LED's which included switchbacks, 3ohm load equalizers, 68 SMT LED rear turn signals, and my avalanche 3rd brake light.... onto the pix...

the workstation!!! wootwoot:
2012-03-17134802.jpg

friends Voy
2012-03-17113337.jpg

yours truely
2012-03-17113345.jpg

all my goodies planned for the day...
2012-03-17113052.jpg

getting ready for the switchbacks...
2012-03-17124406.jpg

a day shot, but you get the idea...
2012-03-18162840.jpg

and Glen's Voy... sucker is lit up at night!!!
2012-03-17202843.jpg

i'll put my other LED pix up in the appropriate thread... but boy, what a long weekend!!!...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Look at that cool guy with vent LEDs :thumbsup: very nice

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
getting ready for the switchbacks...

a day shot, but you get the idea...
2012-03-18162840.jpg

and Glen's Voy... sucker is lit up at night!!!
2012-03-17202843.jpg

i'll put my other LED pix up in the appropriate thread... but boy, what a long weekend!!!...

LOOKIN GREAT! :yes:
no dash mod? what are the risks? I just did mine and had some issue but how might it be ruined now im kind of thinking twice about my minor issues I have :confused:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Well here we go folks just like I said, finally got all my parts painted and ready to install and here are the pics. Sorry if it to many pics for the thread lol. Note to all if you plan on doing the 9-7x rails have patience the front caps are a PITA :mad: but got em on and used Seal-All to insure no water gets through :yes:. I didnt get to install reverse LEDS I ordered the wrong ones :crazy: Next is LED 3rd brake light, black vinyl bowties inlays for wheels, and painted mirror caps

View attachment 19668
View attachment 19669
View attachment 19670
View attachment 19671
View attachment 19672
View attachment 19673
View attachment 19674
View attachment 19675
View attachment 19676
View attachment 19677
View attachment 19678

Attachments