Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dreaming hard....

PBRROCKERRADLTPARENT-2T.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just relaxing before heading out for another night OT shift. Love the money but it's hard on the body.

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Feeling poor since the above dream came to fruition and otherwise in the work cube

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Getting annoyed at stupid people
At work
Going to hopefully get the EBCM off my coworker's truck tonight and get that fixed. Darn rusted torx screws in a terrible place to get at suck!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Had Performance Review at work. All good in the hood. ! hour then off for the 3 day weekend and it all starts with Bowling tonight, then pack up tomorrow for opening day of deer hunting on Sat!!!!!!

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Bought another vehicle for the wife. A 2002 Honda CR-V, 2.4L Manual AWD. Nice little truck I got for a good deal. $1400 and it came with an extra set of winter tires on wheels. Has a few issues, rear brakes grind, parling brake needs adjustment, have to replace one strut because he replaced just one but he supplied the other he had already bought and a P1519 for an IAC valve issue. And the SRS light is on, which I hope is just for the seat belt latch switch that I can easily bypass so I can pass safety. Body is in decent shape despite its age and 240k km. Was well taken care of as he had all the receipts from day 1.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Flying out to PHX. Rented a mustang. Groupon had 25% off a Budget car rental. Overall mustang was $40 cheaper over 4 days than the next cheapest option which was the "surprise me" option that Enterprise offered. Already read up on killing the traction control and stability nanny. Phoenix to Sedona to Grand Canyon and back on Monday. Hoping to see some snow.
Happy Veterans day to all that served, including Thumper, Dmanns, and Capote

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Off for a 3 day weekend. Making New Orleans Gumbo for dinner tonight and mixing the fruit for my boiled Christmas Pudding.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have a guy coming at 9 with his 'Nox for me to scan with my Tech 2 for an airbag code so he can pass safety. Then working on our new to us CR-V to pass safety and e-test.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
About to get motivated and go sign some paperwork at my lawyers office. Then go lay down some fresh scent trails for opening day of, modern gun, deer season. Got four game trails that merge with in a mile of my blind. Hopefully the deer come to my blind in the trees during daylight hours. Trail cameras show a buck coming in at night. I want him first. Stalking is fun but the terrain in the area im hunting is rough and im not quite motivated enough to do that yet.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
start to the 3 day weekend from the day job. Have to work the weekend at the night job, but im off today :thumbsup:

took the beaSSt for her final maintenance of the season. She just turned 56,127 miles. Oil changed, all fluids leveled off, tires rotated, parked in the garage, battery tender applied... I did get some bad news. While installing my converter over the summer, we discovered I had an oil leak around the oil pan bolts. The mechanic confirmed today, Oil pan gasket. Guess who's out of warranty now on their brand new crate motor... yup, this guy lol. Motor was installed July 2013 and had a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. Well the motor only has 5,xxx miles :rotfl:. I was pissed that i missed the warranty by a few months. Was quoted $600 for the job at the dealership and that's with my fathers discount... No thx.. I'll pass... When i bring her out in spring, i'll change the gasket myself.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Beer day again today. Have to rack the porter from last week and put down the house beer, Dr Smurto's Golden Ale. Also making my boiled Christmas Pudding.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Took the day off work so I can work on the CR-V. Yesterday was pretty productive too. Went to Kenny-U-Pull and they had one in the yard. Got another driver belt buckle to replace the one with a defective switch for the SRS. Also got a throttle body along with the IAC that is showing a code. Also picked up some new rear brakes. Will all be going in today despite the cold.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
just relaxing until i have to go into work at 1pm

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gonna gas up the EXT in a little bit, then head across the bay to hang with @triz for the afternoon. I believe plugs, coils, stepper motors and some LEDs are on the menu, then we'll get some grub for ourselves.

After sundown, having a UFC watch party with @triz @kurupt @jimmyjam and @DJones So will be a good long day with plenty of food, friends, and drinks :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Matt

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Well I was going to see if I needed to replace the blower motor but last night the girlfriend called and said she thought one of her belts came off on her neon so I met her at her work and popped the hood and told her to start it up, only to find that the spark plug in the second cylinder had decided to try to escape and got stuck in the bottom of the plug wire which popped it out and was bouncing off of the hood. So I went this morning and bought new plugs and wires and did it in the rural king parking lot. Unfortunately we had some other things going on so my blower motor will have to wait until I have a half day at work Friday

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Kind of a last minute outing last night with my sneaker head( I guess) cusin-in-law. We went to a sneaker release party/charity event where I was able to meet a few my favorite players from the ny Giants and get some autographed items. Got a chance to meet and chat with Vic Cruz & Dwayne Harris and some Nike Representative along with some other great ppl getting together for a good cause. I still can't believe the turn out for only 50 pairs of 1 off pink Nike's.
On the box the tag said priceless but for $2000 you got them and Vic Cruz's autograph.IMG_2635.jpg IMG_2646.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
up and at 'um enjoying my day off from both jobs today. Neighbor is coming over so we can install my new surveillance system i bought last week.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Winterizing the boat and figuring out if I damaged the truck last night.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the rear brakes on the CR-V, one of the slider boots was ripped. Search and run to parts store. All done. Now getting a P1457 Evap Leak, apparently usually caused by a leaky close-off valve. Another part to buy. Doesn't look too bad of a job though.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Friday I took off work to go spend the day with the GF (she had the day off as she works for the county).

Saturday I went to my buddy's place and we hefted a steel I beam into place for supporting a main wall that goes all the way to the 2nd floor. Long story short the original structural wall was knocked out by the previous owner and the wooden structure had rotted out, resulting in some pretty bad sag over the years. This fixes the support issue, now he gets to jack up the house by an inch+ to level stuff out. Yeah, it'll bust plaster, but they're redoing the rooms/walls upstairs anyway.

Lifting the beam - it will go where those posts are behind it supporting the sill plate
20161112_133251_zpslheam8qf.jpg

20161112_134943_zpsdhlyr3tz.jpg

Jack up the house on either side to relieve pressure on the posts temporarily to swing it in place
20161112_184954_zpsks3wmgy6.jpg

And done! Screw posts temporarily until he's finished jacking the support to its final location, then permanent posts will go in. That's a reinforced 12" thick concrete footer they're sitting on underneath that he poured.
20161112_230945_zpsily5l7mh.jpg

Then yesterday the GF came up, and we then drove up to Huron to go to church up there and spend the day with my parents. Went to the pier near them off the lake for a little bit.
20161113_150405_zpsx5msalvu.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Huron?! Only 20 minutes away from me lol. Mini meet.

Back to the work week. Off from the night job tonight but at the office until 6 this evening.

Reactions: Sparky

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bout to head out and process a couple deer. MMMM Meat!!!!!!

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working an evening shift.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Buying golf stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sitting waiting on the CR-V on an alignment. Needed camber adjusting bolts and got told that the rear sits 2" lower than the front. Makes sense since the front has new struts and springs. Won't affect alignment. Then going for the e-test anf then pick up new rear struts.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Doing the work thing

Big B Jantzen

Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
Last day at work this week before a Five day weekend!! Woohooo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli