HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At work today... Yippee

Since asked for...the new minivan 2011 Sienna

but I like my new to me better

Reactions: Porkins

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Getting irritated at Microsoft making some dumb changes that necessitate me having to fix or workaround said dumb changes for our stuff to work properly.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Picking up stuff to finish maintenance for the Trailblazer before she goes into storage.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finishing my last night shift. Off for 4 days :wooot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At the office then visitation.

--Its not found money, it is just results of budget and working a full time and part time job.

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
I'm on my third day at the tire store for a mystery flat. Covered in soapy water, nothing. Replaced stem, nothing. Fill it up with air and it's 10 lbs by morning.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Spray the inside of the wheel barrel with soapy water. My old boss's old car had a small fissure in the wheel itself and would leak air that way.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's our 11th anniversary today, so I'm taking SWMBO out for dinner while Mum looks after boy.

Reactions: djthumper

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm watching my friends' pups for the weekend...

20160825_202710.jpg

So this morning, I took them to the park for some exercise before the weather got too hot. They were too amped up and wouldn't pace themselves, so they got tired after about 15 minutes of sniffing and marking everything in site. :laugh:

20160827_095613.jpg

After almost a lap around the park, stopped in one of the shelters and gave them some treats and water, while we rested and cooled off some.

20160827_100843.jpg

No kids were out yet, so let them wander around and explore some of the play areas. Thankfully there was no marking involved :raspberry:

20160827_102104.jpg

Now we're back home and they are both crashed out. So I can get some stuff done around the house, watch some TV and eat without them bugging me for attention.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I was thinking of pulling my wire through the conduit to the garage today and putting up a motion light, but it is 90 degrees, a little humid, and I'd be in the direct sun, so instead I'm wimping out and working on somebody's laptop inside in hte AC instead :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Finishing up the last parts of the Rainier with Brandon, work has seriously gotten in the way of finishing it up. The EXT had to have the priority.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20160827_184218.jpg

Got cracking on this 2.4 honda timing chain tensioner, this has to be one of the tightest bolts in existence. My beastily compressor and badassily impact said "I don't think so" to the crank pulley bolt. So I committed several violations of the automotive code of procedures. My triple stacked extensions, cheater bar, and mapp gas got the job done. Well, just the pulley bolt part of the job LOL

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
"Working from home" today. The office closed 2 hours early yesterday, and decided to remain closed today since everyone can work remotely, due to the tropical storm that's in the gulf. It had been dry here in Tampa all morning, the rain JUST started now, after a steady light rain yesterday.

We could have gone into the office today, but I'm not mad at that. :biggrin: We'll see how much rain we actually get, but it's looking like there shouldn't be too many issues unless you're in flood zones.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Been splitting my days between our downtown office and main office for a project.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered Upper and lower ball joints as well as Upper Control Arms. A friend is going to modify the UCA's to correct my front camber.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Spent a good bit of time this morning replacing half the electrical outlets in the house, due to getting tired of plugs falling out of them all the time if it wasn't a 3 prong plug :hissyfit:

Most of them came out looking like this, same colored wiring for everything except the bare ground wire. :no: At least a couple others were marked with electrical tape or shrink wrap.

20160905_100430.jpg

I've also quickly developed a sizable dislike for the push in style connections. Every last one fought like hell to not let the wire go, resulting in scrapes and cuts to my fingers. Not exactly sure HOW that happened, but it did. :mad:

So now my back is sore, and I'm lounging on the couch enjoying not being at work :biggrin:

Reactions: RTTBLT1

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Not up to much today, spending time with the family and relaxing.

Also jumped on the Labor Day 10% off Sale on PCM of NC and placed my order for the mail-in Tune for the TB! :woohoo:.....
20160905_160007.png
20160905_160059.png
20160905_160138.png

Reactions: dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Been a busy evening after work. Ran by Lowe's and picked up some goodies for some good ol' fashioned home modding. :cool:
  • 2 six foot lengths of 2.25" x 1.5" angle steel
  • 4 steel corner braces
  • 2 sections of 2/3" plywood
  • wood screws
  • And some dimmable LED bulbs for the ceiling fan in my living room :biggrin:

20160930_210105.jpg

Stopped by a buddy's place before coming home to pick up a 6' step ladder. Now I'm home and on the couch. My 2 vodka bottles are nearly empty, so I think I'm gonna enjoy a few cocktails to finish them off. :yes:

20160930_212628.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just resting after my last night shift this morning and then going to the drag strip for cruise night with the Saab.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working
Forgetting to grab a part I needed at the store for a project at work :bonk:
Selling my wood burning stove after work, freeing up a lot of space in my living room
Maybe I'll finally get the low voltage stuff run to the garage through the conduit I put in weeks ago.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since the hurricane is hitting the east coast of the state, and we may get some elevated wind levels over here, all of the schools are closing Friday. Since the majority of my coworkers are parents, we're getting to work from home again. Sooo... I went to the liquor store since I was out of vodka, and re-upped. Hurricane/Thursday night football party starts now!! 20161006_201553.jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20161006_151139.jpg
Today I had the chance to use one of the gm data bus splice packs. 05 astro with no communication with any module. Popped the shorting bar, jumped pcm to dlc, and presto we have contact! Not sure if I'll get to see this one through since the shop that I work at is scared of things like this but it was cool nonetheless.

Also that modis ultra is NOT mine.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I have absolutely no idea about what you just posted but, it's still pretty cool:stars: Mike.

Since the hurricane is hitting the east coast of the state, and we may get some elevated wind levels over here, all of the schools are closing Friday. Since the majority of my coworkers are parents, we're getting to work from home again. Sooo... I went to the liquor store since I was out of vodka, and re-upped. Hurricane/Thursday night football party starts now!! View attachment 78789

Question: When we (in upstate NY) where having a blizzard last winter a Miami news station sent our news station a picture of a beautiful Florida coastline....would it be in bad taste to do the same with picture of our beautifully colored leave change? :undecided: Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Supposed to be working from home today, and at some point I will, since I have a bunch of stuff I need to get done. But I'll be taking advantage and running a few errands before the rain bands rotate around and reach us

....would it be in bad taste to do the same with picture of our beautifully colored leave change? :undecided: Mike.

Only thing I find in poor taste, is double posting! :poke: :raspberry:

Reactions: northcreek

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At the job

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ditto

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Awesome. Co-worker just came over n said the bossman left and when he was leaving told the other guy....You know i wont be here if you got someplace else to be this afternoon.

Dont mind if I do!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Folks around here are slacking... :hopeless:

Picked up some stuff after work for the weekend. Enjoying some cocktails while clearing out the DVR a little bit. Decided to do some research on welding, just because. Mod bug has been in a really weird mood lately :crazy:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Finally got a pair of cat5e lines and a 5 wire general purpose low voltage line (thermostat wire) pulled through my conduit I had installed between the house and garage. Thermostat wire is for tying into the relays that power up the flood lights on the house that are controlled by several different switches around the house already. 3 wires are for a switch out at the garage, plus I thought I might use the other 2 wires to run a relay coil out in the garage to operate a couple flood lights off the garage as well. Cat5 lines are for cameras, wifi AP, and a shop PC for looking up info while working on a vehicle instead of having to run into the house all the time.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Finished the brackets/bars for the led light bar. Cut the grass for the guys aerating on Monday and about to put a 4lb meatloaf in the smoker.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran some errands earlier, decided to check out one of the self service car washes in the area for some pre-meet cleanup, since the HOA doesn't allow car washing in the driveways. Pretty gratifying, might wash the EXT a little more often :undecided: Wheels are still kinda dirty though, will hit them up again in the morning.

Right now, chillin on the couch, will be hitting up the grocery store in a bit for a few things, then DVR time. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online