What are you doing today?

gmcman

Well-Known Member
#1
I figured since we have a thread for what we're doing to the GMT, why not this.

To start it off, I'm going to chill out tonight to some vinyl. Kids are in bed, LOML is out of town, GMT is outside with 2 bent axles so I figured I would pull a chair into the sweet spot of the SDA's, turn the lights off and get lost in the tunes. Generally this would call for some brew and a good flick but that was last night.

Will start out with some "live" selections then try to keep it to a low roar.
 

Attachments

#2
I am off from theregular job, so I get to work for the father. Cleaning out a garage, another outbuilding and then a barn to get things organized so things can be put away firwinter. Oh...I get to bleed the brakes on the s10 today as well. WOO HOO
 

Denali n DOO

Silver Supporter
#3
gmcman said:
I figured since we have a thread for what we're doing to the GMT, why not this.

To start it off, I'm going to chill out tonight to some vinyl. Kids are in bed, LOML is out of town, GMT is outside with 2 bent axles so I figured I would pull a chair into the sweet spot of the SDA's, turn the lights off and get lost in the tunes. Generally this would call for some brew and a good flick but that was last night.

Will start out with some "live" selections then try to keep it to a low roar.
Vinyl? I have some stored away in plastic sleeves. I have that "Pyromania" album on disc and cassette but on vinyl I have the "On Through The Night" and "High and Dry". Also have most Judas Priest albums including "Sad Wings of Destiny", "Rocka Rolla", "British Steel" and others. One of the bars in town does Vinyl Wednesdays, you can bring in an album and they play both sides. Kinda cool to see what other people bring to play.

Yesterday I was gonna get all the leaves raked to the road cuz they start pick up today, was also gonna wash the Envoy and get a pic for the Photo contest #14 but the wife went out in the Envoy and didn't get back till dinner time so too late for that.

Today I'm gonna finish raking the leaves and get the christmas lights out. Gotta get my Ski Doo off the trailer and into the garage and start getting that ready too. Basically I'll be outside today getting ready for winter. Bring on the Snow!:biggrin:
 

Matt

Silver Supporter
#4
I'm a bludging government worker and so is the wife, so we are going out shopping today...plus I have to go to the hardware store. I also have to move the power equipment around in the garage for the winter and get the diodes in the rear lights line to stop the back feed. Need to get a workout in there somewhere too! :eek:
 

meerschm

Well-Known Member
#5
Leaves to blow to the road, and since it is such a nice day, a vacuum, wash and wax for the TB and my Jetta wagon.
 

Voymom

Well-Known Member
#6
Well lets see....Im waiting on 2 packages to come in, one is my 06 rear wiper arm. When the kids lay down for a nap I plan on going out and cleaning out the truck and installing the new wiper arm. When Mat wakes up Im hoping to convince him to take the power sterring out so I can install the new cpas. However im not entirely confident that the cpas is my issue as the symptoms seem to be moisture(outside moisture) enduced. Im really thinking it is an issue with the fuel system. Other than that I plan on cleaning the house and spending time with the hubby!
 

BO TIE SS

Well-Known Member
#7
Heading out to the local wash rack to give the SS a quick bath. Then off to Clearwater Beach for my first visit of this vacation. Next, I'll cross the bridge to Sand Key drive-on beach. Daydream for a while, maybe snap a couple pics.
Finally, off to my favorite watering hole for a beer or two. :cool:

Ahhh, vacation. :biggrin:
 

Lima Tango

Well-Known Member
#8
Going for a run with my trainer. Hopefully he doesn't start sprinting every time he sees a bird or another dog like last time.

Then going out to buy more christmas decorations and put up the exterior lights. Interior decorations have been up since before halloween. Christmas is the best 3 months of the year! :thumbsup:
 

STLtrailbSS

Well-Known Member
#9
Cornwell Ratchets came in.

And I about spent my monthly budget on electronics. Vizio SmartTV logitech surround call of duty black ops preorder & wireless headset.


this is what happens when im off on mondays haha
what did i do today? Shopped
 

RayVoy

Well-Known Member
#10
I spent the day in the woods with a good buddy. We have reached that stage, where a great day of hunting is not seeing anything worth shooting. The work begins after they're down.
 

Voymom

Well-Known Member
#12
Grocery shopping, laundry which never ceases with 4 kids in the house :crazy: and then of course the normal wifey/mommy stuff of cooking dinner and keeping the house cleaned. It's pretty much the story of my life lol It's all boring stuff really, especially when the kids are in school. When their home they keep me on my toes if their not indulging in their video games.

Maybe I will live on the edge and try out the new rear wiper arm on the way to the grocery store :raspberry: :wootwoot:
 

WarGawd

Well-Known Member
#14
Denali n DOO said:
Vinyl? I have some stored away in plastic sleeves. I have that "Pyromania" album on disc and cassette but on vinyl I have the "On Through The Night" and "High and Dry". Also have most Judas Priest albums including "Sad Wings of Destiny", "Rocka Rolla", "British Steel" and others. One of the bars in town does Vinyl Wednesdays, you can bring in an album and they play both sides. Kinda cool to see what other people bring to play.
Both you guys are aging yourselves - to right around the same age as me! I got rid of about 6 milk crates full of vinyl when I moved east for university. Vinyl Wednesdays sounds like a great reason to get back into the bar scene. I bet you would both appreciate my 5.1ch surround sound DVD-Audio collection - 24-bit 96khz MLP is just incredible. If you've never heard Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in full surround sound glory, you're reallly missing something. Here's 80Gb worth that I keep on my PC, maybe another 140Gb on my 1Tb portable {in one of the Diana Krall ones, the sound is so clear you can hear her swallow over the sound of the music}:

Volume in drive D is DATA
Volume Serial Number is 18D9-52DA

Directory of D:\_HI RES MUSIC

15/11/2012 07:29 AM <DIR> .
15/11/2012 07:29 AM <DIR> ..
02/07/2012 11:05 PM <DIR> 2011 WYWH FLAC Quad 2448
02/07/2012 11:08 PM <DIR> 2011WYWHFLAC51Surround2448
02/07/2012 11:10 PM <DIR> Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (1977) [HDAD, 2003 iso]
02/07/2012 11:10 PM <DIR> Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980) [HDAD, 2006 a_ts]
02/07/2012 11:13 PM <DIR> Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Deluxe Expanded Edition)
02/07/2012 11:14 PM <DIR> Boston - Boston (1976) [SACD] (2000 Remaster iso)
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Diana Krall - Love Scenes (2003) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Diana Krall - The Look Of Love (2001) [DVD-A, 2003]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (1985)[2005 20th Anniversary Edition DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Eagles - Hotel California (2001) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:19 PM <DIR> Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (1973) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:19 PM <DIR> Jethro Tull 1971 - Aqualung
02/07/2012 11:23 PM <DIR> Metallica - Black Album [DVD-A]
02/07/2012 11:25 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - DVDA - Parsons Quad Mix
02/07/2012 11:28 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Boxset 2011 (CDs & DVDs)
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - TDSOTM (1973) [DVD-AudioV 2011 iso]
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - The Wall Remaster (1979) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (DVD-A a-v_ts FAULTY)
03/07/2012 12:29 AM <DIR> Pink Floyd - WYWH Immersion Boxset (CDs & DVDs)
02/07/2012 11:39 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - WYWH SSH 24_96 Q8 DVD-A Remaster (2010)
02/07/2012 11:41 PM <DIR> Queen-A Night at the Opera (2002) [DVD-AV _ts]
02/07/2012 11:43 PM <DIR> Staind - 14 Shades of Grey (2003) (DVD-A ISO)
02/07/2012 11:44 PM <DIR> The Cars - Moving In Quadio (Live In Chicago 1978) DVDA-V
02/07/2012 11:47 PM <DIR> Tom Cochrane & Red Rider - Trapeze
18/01/2012 12:33 AM <DIR> Widespread Panic_Ball_DVDA_ISO
0 File(s) 0 bytes
27 Dir(s) 116,435,353,600 bytes free

Denali n DOO said:
Yesterday I was gonna get all the leaves raked to the road cuz they start pick up today, was also gonna wash the Envoy and get a pic for the Photo contest #14 but the wife went out in the Envoy and didn't get back till dinner time so too late for that.
Excuses, excuses...alllll talk no action!

Denali n DOO said:
Today I'm gonna finish raking the leaves and get the christmas lights out. Gotta get my Ski Doo off the trailer and into the garage and start getting that ready too. Basically I'll be outside today getting ready for winter. Bring on the Snow!:biggrin:
And now with the 4 day extension - you still have 2 willing models & another task on your list....
 

Denali n DOO

Silver Supporter
#15
WarGawd said:
Both you guys are aging yourselves - to right around the same age as me! I got rid of about 6 milk crates full of vinyl when I moved east for university. Vinyl Wednesdays sounds like a great reason to get back into the bar scene. I bet you would both appreciate my 5.1ch surround sound DVD-Audio collection - 24-bit 96khz MLP is just incredible. If you've never heard Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in full surround sound glory, you're reallly missing something. Here's 80Gb worth that I keep on my PC, maybe another 140Gb on my 1Tb portable {in one of the Diana Krall ones, the sound is so clear you can hear her swallow over the sound of the music}:

Volume in drive D is DATA
Volume Serial Number is 18D9-52DA

Directory of D:\_HI RES MUSIC

15/11/2012 07:29 AM <DIR> .
15/11/2012 07:29 AM <DIR> ..
02/07/2012 11:05 PM <DIR> 2011 WYWH FLAC Quad 2448
02/07/2012 11:08 PM <DIR> 2011WYWHFLAC51Surround2448
02/07/2012 11:10 PM <DIR> Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (1977) [HDAD, 2003 iso]
02/07/2012 11:10 PM <DIR> Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980) [HDAD, 2006 a_ts]
02/07/2012 11:13 PM <DIR> Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Deluxe Expanded Edition)
02/07/2012 11:14 PM <DIR> Boston - Boston (1976) [SACD] (2000 Remaster iso)
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Diana Krall - Love Scenes (2003) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Diana Krall - The Look Of Love (2001) [DVD-A, 2003]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (1985)[2005 20th Anniversary Edition DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:16 PM <DIR> Eagles - Hotel California (2001) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:19 PM <DIR> Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (1973) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:19 PM <DIR> Jethro Tull 1971 - Aqualung
02/07/2012 11:23 PM <DIR> Metallica - Black Album [DVD-A]
02/07/2012 11:25 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - DVDA - Parsons Quad Mix
02/07/2012 11:28 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Boxset 2011 (CDs & DVDs)
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - TDSOTM (1973) [DVD-AudioV 2011 iso]
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - The Wall Remaster (1979) [DVD-A iso]
02/07/2012 11:31 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (DVD-A a-v_ts FAULTY)
03/07/2012 12:29 AM <DIR> Pink Floyd - WYWH Immersion Boxset (CDs & DVDs)
02/07/2012 11:39 PM <DIR> Pink Floyd - WYWH SSH 24_96 Q8 DVD-A Remaster (2010)
02/07/2012 11:41 PM <DIR> Queen-A Night at the Opera (2002) [DVD-AV _ts]
02/07/2012 11:43 PM <DIR> Staind - 14 Shades of Grey (2003) (DVD-A ISO)
02/07/2012 11:44 PM <DIR> The Cars - Moving In Quadio (Live In Chicago 1978) DVDA-V
02/07/2012 11:47 PM <DIR> Tom Cochrane & Red Rider - Trapeze
18/01/2012 12:33 AM <DIR> Widespread Panic_Ball_DVDA_ISO
0 File(s) 0 bytes
27 Dir(s) 116,435,353,600 bytes free



Excuses, excuses...alllll talk no action!



And now with the 4 day extension - you still have 2 willing models & another task on your list....
And for today I still got leaves to rake, sled to fix, trailer hubs to service, trampoline to take down....and if I'm lucky I'll have some time to clean the Envoy for the pic, definetly won't be a proper detail tho. Oh, I forgot to mention that on day 3 of the extention I was able to recruit a 3rd model :thumbsup:
 

Voymom

Well-Known Member
#17
Today will consist of, shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. Going to the parts store for a fuel filter and hopefully a fuel pressure gauge. I woke up feeling like crap today, so I think I'm finally catching what the kids brought home from school uhg! Thank God for Dayquil :tongue:
 
#18
Voymom said:
Today will consist of, shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. Going to the parts store for a fuel filter and hopefully a fuel pressure gauge. I woke up feeling like crap today, so I think I'm finally catching what the kids brought home from school uhg! Thank God for Dayquil :tongue:
Isn't your fuel filter in the tank? I thought only 02 had one that was not.
 

Denali n DOO

Silver Supporter
#20
HARDTRAILZ said:
Isn't your fuel filter in the tank? I thought only 02 had one that was not.
My friend has 03 TB and the fuel filter is mounted to the front outside of the tank...
 
#22
Lima Tango said:
'05 is the first year of the in-tank filter.
Thank Ya. I thought it was one of the oddball 02 only things to have out of tank filter. Oh well.


Today I am post whoring on about 5 different forums...
 

DFWWIZ

Well-Known Member
#23
...to bring my new under the door ghost lights. I will have the SS in red, blue, green, orange, silver, white (have it now), Ford, Scion, Chevrolet (have it now), and Mustang.



 

mikeinDE

Well-Known Member
#24
Sitting here at work, got about an hour and a half left to go.
Dying to get out, cuz before work I picked up my iPhone5, so I can't wait to get home and "take it out of my pocket and play with it" :rotfl: (insert joke here)
Plus I am off the next 4 days :wootwoot:
 

blazinlow89

Well-Known Member
#27
HARDTRAILZ said:
Waiting to get out of work and its only 915...this day is off to one slow start.
Tell me about it, I have to wait to go to work every day. Wake up at 8 AM, do stuff till about 2, get ready for work and be there before 3pm. Get off 12am and go to bed around 4am. Ugh its like a bad endless cycle.

Today doing stuff ans waiting to go to work.
 

Chickenhawk

Well-Known Member
#28
Packing guns.

Tomorrow, my TB becomes the "gun truck" when I start working with Sam Jackson on an action movie.

Tonight, just for fun I might watch SWAT or Pulp Fiction.
 

NewfieEnvoy

Well-Known Member
#30
Gonna try to clue up some chores so I can spend some time giving buddy a coat of winter wax. Happy wife........happy Envoy :smile:
 

Voymom

Well-Known Member
#31
Rear end links and transfer case. We got the front end links on and did a fuel pressure test, added a new fuel filter and air filter. Then I will be checking all the wires in the truck that I can physically see to make sure that whatever issue I am having isn't a ground problem. I'm guessing I still have an injector problem or a sticky valve. Either way we will eventually figure it out....hopefully.
 

Matt

Silver Supporter
#32
I'm starting my new part time job as a Walmartian today. Don't know what I'll be doing, but it won't interfere with my full time job.

Welcome to Walmart...get your shit and get out!! :rotfl:
 

NewfieEnvoy

Well-Known Member
#34
Found my laundry room extremely wet this morning, hit water boiler burst :-( So I've got half a days work lined up there. Buddy's not gonna get any attention today, but he's gonna help with a hardware store run :smile:
 

jrSS

Well-Known Member
#35
Matt said:
I'm starting my new part time job as a Walmartian today. Don't know what I'll be doing, but it won't interfere with my full time job.

Welcome to Walmart...get your shit and get out!! :rotfl:
Make sure u "pad" ur ass to make it look bigger so u fit in. Lol
 

Voymom

Well-Known Member
#36
I'm with jrss...Except minus the football :biggrin:
 

Opeth

Well-Known Member
#37
Screwing around with my rear suspension, since temps have dipped down into the 20's I have clunking noise that comes and goes. Changing out top bolts to 1/2" like I had to do to the bottoms.
 

NewfieEnvoy

Well-Known Member
#38
I've been over on the OS most of the morning sending out PM's to new recruits. There's so many stale posts over there with little or no help being offered :frown:
 

mapanch

Well-Known Member
#40
Worked 5a-1p. Helped (which means me and dad did it) my sister put her studded tires on her Neon and my dad's Tundra. Then some turkey eating, some more turkey eating and back to work at 4.
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom