Start the AC tear down/replacement in about an hour. I hope to be finished by lunch so I can go to my mechanic and get it recharged.
Check that little hole between the carb and manifold if that is plugged or covered by the gasket it won't pump fuel, you probably know this but, others may not.After evening chores my oldest went and cut most of the lawn. I worked on the Trailblazer to no avail. After using a large portion of my vast curse vocabulary, I worked on my string trimmer project.
An old buddy of mine had this straight shaft husqvarna 32R and when he moved away 3 years ago he gave it to some neighbour because it wasn't running. The neighbour never got it running and gave it to another buddy of mine, who never got it running. He rather make things out of wood than wrench.
He then gave it to me and said it would leak gas real bad and couldn't fire. It sat for months before I had a chance to mess with it this winter. I found the fuel line was hard and malformed where it exited the tank and leaked. A quick tear of the carb netted nothing obvious. Cleaned the foam air filter, tossed in my chainsaw plug, new ill fitting fuel line and canned fuel. Got it to run, was rough but it ran. The fuel line leaked and I parked it.
Tonight I got a new plug for it and larger fuel line and greased the gear box. After numerous shops, I couldn't find the same fuel line as oem so I found pretty much the correct ID and larger OD. I drilled out the tank pass through and ran the new line. Pulled the exhaust apart and found it clean and clear. The piston looked immaculate and clearly the thing has compression. She fired up easy and I got her screaming. Cuts great, the harness is simple but works and the bike handles sure make it slick.
Now the bad, it idles rough and eventually dies out. Hot restarts pretty decent but idles down and dies. I have yet to mess with carb settings. I have been looking for a decent carb kit for the walbro 199 but keep dragging my heels as most everything is chicom stuff. I also want to get an updated two string head and mount for blades.
Yesterday, spent the day taking apart this mess and assessing how I'm gonna try to fix it. All the luan floor was rotted out and the 2x4 was junk. Why do they use such cheap materials is beyond me (actually the answer is CHEAP). And the 2x4 wasn't even one piece but several that were jointed together. It's exactly 8 feet long so I'll use a piece of pressure treated wood I already have left over from the deck. This trailer's saving grace is that the frame is aluminum as I've seen others that were framed with 2x2 wood.
Not sure how I'll cover the underside, maybe some thin plywood and protect it with Flex Seal rubber spray coating. This area gets assaulted by water when driving in rain so some extra protection there would be a benefit.
Anyway, today is a bust with rain and it has to dry out inside as what was left was still damp.
View attachment 95972View attachment 95973View attachment 95974View attachment 95975View attachment 95976View attachment 95977View attachment 95978
And that's the reason why I'm looking for one that has an aluminum frame with plastic walls and floor.
Looked around and found the same in 3/8 at Lowes. That might be the right thickness for my application Thanks!I'd opt for laying down blown pvc panels in that area and caulk it up once you've put down the 2×4's Its available at the home depot and other retailers. It will literally never degrade unless you use some kind of solvent that can chew through it.
The 96 in. Veranda HP Reversible Cellular PVC Sheet is a durable alternative to wood products. It is engineered to resist expansion and contraction and has a hard surface that protects against dents andwww.homedepot.com
I know I've personally seen it in 1/2" and 1/4" sheets and they also sell them in 2' × 4' sheets pre-cut's that may work out better for this project. Its a bit pricey but it'll last a long while.
When was that one made? I have the Husqvarna 122 I bought new in 97. Only thing I've done is replace the HT lead 3 times.Spent some time on the string trimmer. Pulled the carb and low speed needle and sprayed cleaner through it. There are only two low speed discharge holes and they were plugged. I sprayed out the low side and main discharge. Patched it together and she idled better but stalled out still. I had the idle speed screw set in to high, backed it out and played with the low speed screw. Got her idling damn near like new. Richened up the high speed a quarter turn and so far so good.
I then ripped out the main flex shaft as well. The grease still looked good but I wiped her down and slathered on some Mobil #2 red grease and popped it back in. Did the proprietary drop of a washer into the grass. Oh well plenty of spares. Then rewound the cutting head. So far pretty happy with this old cat.
View attachment 95965View attachment 95966