What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Saw a brand new C8 Corvette on the highway today. Still had its temp tags.

Doing a partial day of work due to appointments. Same tomorrow.

Looked at brake parts for the 13 Civic. Quote from the service center was $580, I van get parts for about $150. Yeah I guess I'm doing a brake job. The truck still needs the rears inspected to verify whether it has the 855 or 960 drums.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
After evening chores my oldest went and cut most of the lawn. I worked on the Trailblazer to no avail. After using a large portion of my vast curse vocabulary, I worked on my string trimmer project.

An old buddy of mine had this straight shaft husqvarna 32R and when he moved away 3 years ago he gave it to some neighbour because it wasn't running. The neighbour never got it running and gave it to another buddy of mine, who never got it running. He rather make things out of wood than wrench.

He then gave it to me and said it would leak gas real bad and couldn't fire. It sat for months before I had a chance to mess with it this winter. I found the fuel line was hard and malformed where it exited the tank and leaked. A quick tear of the carb netted nothing obvious. Cleaned the foam air filter, tossed in my chainsaw plug, new ill fitting fuel line and canned fuel. Got it to run, was rough but it ran. The fuel line leaked and I parked it.

Tonight I got a new plug for it and larger fuel line and greased the gear box. After numerous shops, I couldn't find the same fuel line as oem so I found pretty much the correct ID and larger OD. I drilled out the tank pass through and ran the new line. Pulled the exhaust apart and found it clean and clear. The piston looked immaculate and clearly the thing has compression. She fired up easy and I got her screaming. Cuts great, the harness is simple but works and the bike handles sure make it slick.

Now the bad, it idles rough and eventually dies out. Hot restarts pretty decent but idles down and dies. I have yet to mess with carb settings. I have been looking for a decent carb kit for the walbro 199 but keep dragging my heels as most everything is chicom stuff. I also want to get an updated two string head and mount for blades.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
After evening chores my oldest went and cut most of the lawn. I worked on the Trailblazer to no avail. After using a large portion of my vast curse vocabulary, I worked on my string trimmer project.

An old buddy of mine had this straight shaft husqvarna 32R and when he moved away 3 years ago he gave it to some neighbour because it wasn't running. The neighbour never got it running and gave it to another buddy of mine, who never got it running. He rather make things out of wood than wrench.

He then gave it to me and said it would leak gas real bad and couldn't fire. It sat for months before I had a chance to mess with it this winter. I found the fuel line was hard and malformed where it exited the tank and leaked. A quick tear of the carb netted nothing obvious. Cleaned the foam air filter, tossed in my chainsaw plug, new ill fitting fuel line and canned fuel. Got it to run, was rough but it ran. The fuel line leaked and I parked it.

Tonight I got a new plug for it and larger fuel line and greased the gear box. After numerous shops, I couldn't find the same fuel line as oem so I found pretty much the correct ID and larger OD. I drilled out the tank pass through and ran the new line. Pulled the exhaust apart and found it clean and clear. The piston looked immaculate and clearly the thing has compression. She fired up easy and I got her screaming. Cuts great, the harness is simple but works and the bike handles sure make it slick.

Now the bad, it idles rough and eventually dies out. Hot restarts pretty decent but idles down and dies. I have yet to mess with carb settings. I have been looking for a decent carb kit for the walbro 199 but keep dragging my heels as most everything is chicom stuff. I also want to get an updated two string head and mount for blades.
Check that little hole between the carb and manifold if that is plugged or covered by the gasket it won't pump fuel, you probably know this but, others may not.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@BrianF... FWIW... Here is the PDF Service Replacement Parts Manual for that particular Husqvarna 32R Machine:

Attachments

• HUSI1990_AAaa_I9000012_.pdf
    159.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Mooseman and BrianF

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went with Mrs. Moose to pick up her glasses and then went for breakfast at a local eatery on their patio. Got a call from the RV dealer I was trying to buy a specific model I was looking at. Ealier this week, I had put a deposit on a trade-in that was coming in. Well, he gave me some BS story that the one I wanted was sold to someone else and that it got mixed up with a similar one that had bunks which I don't want. He refunded the deposit but it smells like BS. Anyway, decided to wait until the fall or next year in case anyone wants to dump one that bought one thinking it was a good idea to RV during a pandemic. This summer is mostly a bust anyway.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Woke up to my kids doing chores for us. They wake up pretty early when tenting outside. After work my wife continued picking old grass clumps from the riding arena while the kids collected rocks and other debris. Half done!!

All the while I was washing out the inside of the horse trailer as my wife is delivering a mare to the big city tomorrow.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
The previous owner of my house had vines growing all over it. I’ve been super busy lately working and haven’t had time to keep it trimmed back.

My wife and I pulled them all off the side of the house. I had to get up on the roof and cut them out of the gutters. We filled up an entire pickup truck even smashing it all down. The house looks much better now.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Spent some time on the string trimmer. Pulled the carb and low speed needle and sprayed cleaner through it. There are only two low speed discharge holes and they were plugged. I sprayed out the low side and main discharge. Patched it together and she idled better but stalled out still. I had the idle speed screw set in to high, backed it out and played with the low speed screw. Got her idling damn near like new. Richened up the high speed a quarter turn and so far so good.

I then ripped out the main flex shaft as well. The grease still looked good but I wiped her down and slathered on some Mobil #2 red grease and popped it back in. Did the proprietary drop of a washer into the grass. Oh well plenty of spares. Then rewound the cutting head. So far pretty happy with this old cat.

20200801_204152.jpg20200801_204203.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yesterday, spent the day taking apart this mess and assessing how I'm gonna try to fix it. All the luan floor was rotted out and the 2x4 was junk. Why do they use such cheap materials is beyond me (actually the answer is CHEAP). And the 2x4 wasn't even one piece but several that were jointed together. It's exactly 8 feet long so I'll use a piece of pressure treated wood I already have left over from the deck. This trailer's saving grace is that the frame is aluminum as I've seen others that were framed with 2x2 wood.

Not sure how I'll cover the underside, maybe some thin plywood and protect it with Flex Seal rubber spray coating. This area gets assaulted by water when driving in rain so some extra protection there would be a benefit.

Anyway, today is a bust with rain and it has to dry out inside as what was left was still damp.

IMG_20200801_151538_resized7294541141099956519.jpgIMG_20200801_151552_resized2617417503732666275.jpgIMG_20200801_152052_resized7777787007965123366.jpgIMG_20200801_152307_resized3308513539409234556.jpgIMG_20200801_152327_resized918919316957938858.jpgIMG_20200801_160931_resized5466823432810915768.jpgIMG_20200801_160956_resized5718399458098408826.jpg

And that's the reason why I'm looking for one that has an aluminum frame with plastic walls and floor.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Yesterday, spent the day taking apart this mess and assessing how I'm gonna try to fix it. All the luan floor was rotted out and the 2x4 was junk. Why do they use such cheap materials is beyond me (actually the answer is CHEAP). And the 2x4 wasn't even one piece but several that were jointed together. It's exactly 8 feet long so I'll use a piece of pressure treated wood I already have left over from the deck. This trailer's saving grace is that the frame is aluminum as I've seen others that were framed with 2x2 wood.

Not sure how I'll cover the underside, maybe some thin plywood and protect it with Flex Seal rubber spray coating. This area gets assaulted by water when driving in rain so some extra protection there would be a benefit.

Anyway, today is a bust with rain and it has to dry out inside as what was left was still damp.

View attachment 95972View attachment 95973View attachment 95974View attachment 95975View attachment 95976View attachment 95977View attachment 95978

And that's the reason why I'm looking for one that has an aluminum frame with plastic walls and floor.

I'd opt for laying down blown pvc panels in that area and caulk it up once you've put down the 2×4's Its available at the home depot and other retailers. It will literally never degrade unless you use some kind of solvent that can chew through it.

I know I've personally seen it in 1/2" and 1/4" sheets and they also sell them in 2' × 4' sheets pre-cut's that may work out better for this project. Its a bit pricey but it'll last a long while.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd opt for laying down blown pvc panels in that area and caulk it up once you've put down the 2×4's Its available at the home depot and other retailers. It will literally never degrade unless you use some kind of solvent that can chew through it.

I know I've personally seen it in 1/2" and 1/4" sheets and they also sell them in 2' × 4' sheets pre-cut's that may work out better for this project. Its a bit pricey but it'll last a long while.

Looked around and found the same in 3/8 at Lowes. That might be the right thickness for my application Thanks!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Check out the wiring too.The common rule is that you don't use wire nuts or quick connectors on things that move. Apparently the RV manufacturers didn't get the memo.
Hell, my motorhome could be in a wire nut commercial... :confused:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Spent some time on the string trimmer. Pulled the carb and low speed needle and sprayed cleaner through it. There are only two low speed discharge holes and they were plugged. I sprayed out the low side and main discharge. Patched it together and she idled better but stalled out still. I had the idle speed screw set in to high, backed it out and played with the low speed screw. Got her idling damn near like new. Richened up the high speed a quarter turn and so far so good.

I then ripped out the main flex shaft as well. The grease still looked good but I wiped her down and slathered on some Mobil #2 red grease and popped it back in. Did the proprietary drop of a washer into the grass. Oh well plenty of spares. Then rewound the cutting head. So far pretty happy with this old cat.

View attachment 95965View attachment 95966

When was that one made? I have the Husqvarna 122 I bought new in 97. Only thing I've done is replace the HT lead 3 times.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Saturday/Sunday.. (rant)

So the damn dog has been eating things she shouldnt be (fences x3, decking on the deck, and anything else she can get ahold of). I think she has PICA, but the vet says no.

Anyways, had to go about replacing the decking she had eaten thru. Pulled out the 3 boards that were destroyed, and realized the previous owner must have either been a cheap ass, or not known what he was doing, and there was 12" of the deck ends that werent supported by anything, and the railing was sitting on top of it, just kinda free floating. Basically, if you had farted on the rail, it would have fallen off. So that turned my 1 day repair, into a 2 day repair. Putting joices in where needed, and trimming back the deck where I could not support it. Deck is now 11" narrower, but you wont fall thru the railings. I still need to replace all the decking (other than the 3 boards), but finances arent there right now.

Than I dropped $14,200 on a new fence because of that same damned dog. Would be cheaper just to put a 22LR thru her head. But the wife wont have any of it. Fence was needing replacing in the next 5 years, but that was a lot of money, that I could be spending on getting my wifes business going.. Nope need a fence. Next time this dog does this, I think I am going to arrange a doggie disappearing act. (/Rant)

Im honestly surprised this dog hasnt gotten any intestinal blockages or something.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Matt, the date code is a great question. I did some digging and while I could not find anything definitive for sting trimmers pre 1999, the general direction would seem this thing was made the 35th week of 1991.

• Wow
Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Worked some more on the rot rocket. Put in the 2x4 attaching it to the aluminum frame with T brackets, then screwed the front fibreglass to the 2x4 and then screwed the outer edge mouldings back down. Thought that stores were closed today for the holiday so I didn't go and get that PVC sheet however, I found out later that they were open. I'll get it tomorrow but it will be another rain day. Also wanted to use the new Flex Seal Paste however it's not available here yet. Would have been perfect to fill in some of those gaps. I'll look for a similar product tomorrow. Also put a fan to help dry out what's left of the rot that I can't get out.
IMG_20200803_142521_resized1632725933671560187.jpgIMG_20200803_142613_resized5748078171442407613.jpgIMG_20200803_142629_resized2305351839608989400.jpgIMG_20200803_142634_resized7821772281348286723.jpgIMG_20200803_142640_resized997893786660463901.jpg

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Jesus Moose, I guess I have not been around travel trailers long enough. That looks rough and I cannot beleive that's how they are built and called acceptable. Sorry I got nothing constructive to add.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's alright. I'm learning as I go myself. If you wanna see a tough job, look up RV floor replacement/repair. Eventually we'll have to do that but at least the front nose portion will be done. And if my son wants this trailer, he'll have to fix it.

These things are basically all hand made, mostly with sticks, thin plywood/luan with as cheap as possible parts and labour. The seats and interior are held together with staples. A lot is to save weight but mostly to save money. 90% of them die from water damage, either from a flood caused by shoddy plumbing that winds up rotting the floor or a roof leak that rots the ceiling and walls. My next one will be made of aluminum and plastic, like this one:

They are slowly learning that people don't want cheap crap anymore.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
They were built to a price rather than a standard. I've managed to stave off the rot on mine by keeping it in my pole barn. They just don't hold up if left in the weather, even at that I see a possible rubber roof replacement in the future.
They do seem to be making them better now but, the prices are out of this world for most people who just want them for occasional use.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
And Speaking of Things that might be worthy of installing in an RV... A Week ago, I ruined a "seconds" meal I was preparing to heat for 2 Minutes in my Microwave ...when the dish emerged "as Cold as Ice". DAMMIT! The space I needed to fill with a New One was a Hollow built into "The Lil Woman's Pantry" being 24" Deep X 23" Wide X 16.5" Height.

I must have looked at Dozens of these Damned Things; based purely upon wanting to squeeze the biggest possible size Microwave Oven right back in there. Meanwhile, I found out pretty soon that our 'automatic reflex' to use the Microwave more times than I could count during the days that followed proved to be an absolutely unbreakable habit. Finally...I just pulled the Old FUBAR'd one out of that rectangular "cubby" and awaited the one I finally settled upon that arrived less than 3 days later.

Of all the units out there... THIS one from Toshiba fit inside of the rectangular space... "Huh Like a Glove" (Thank You, Ace Ventura...) with a capacious 1.5 Cubic Feet. It also Doubles as a True Convection Oven capable of being pre-heated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit. So it is PERFECT for making Pizza with Crispy Crusts and slightly burned tips on the Pepperonis and Cheese toppings.

Based on the information in this Video... out experiments with cooking (1) from "Screaming Sicilian Pizza" and (1) from DiGiorno's Pizza. The pictures I took do NOT do the Flavor,Textures and How GOOD these two Tasted ANY Justice!

TOSHIBAMICROWAVEOVEN.jpgTOSHIBAMICROWAVEORDER.jpgTOSHIBACONVECTIONOVENDEGIORNOPIZZA1.jpgTOSHIBACONVECTIONOVENDEGIORNOPIZZA2.jpgTOSHIBACONVECTIONOVENDEGIORNOPIZZA4.jpgTOSHIBACONVECTIONOVENSCREAMINGSICILIAN2.jpgTOSHIBACONVECTIONOVENSCREAMINGSICILIAN4.jpg

The Dude in the Video covers the part about having one of these inside an RV and explains all of its functionalities:

Oh....and it works REALLY Well...Just as a Microwave Oven... Too... :>)

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is a cool microwave! And it would be ideal in an RV as most of the propane ovens in RVs suck. And mine doesn't even have an oven so we've resorted to a toaster oven. My only concerns though are its ability to withstand hours long earthquakes for when the RV is on the move, being in an enclosed space and that most RV microwaves are smaller than normal (dorm size). Toshiba should approach RV manufacturers and have them built-in however the cost is a factor.

Reactions: mrrsm

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Good notice Mooseman about lack of airflow for a microwave in the rv. I have only seen several household microwaves with a front exhaust that may work for an enclosed cubby hole. I have the above microwave like MRRSM has in a "Sharp" model going on 16 years now and still going strong. The first few years we used the oven feature regularly and it worked great. But then we purchased a new stove with two ovens in it and the top oven is only about 9" tall and works fantastic along with not heating up the whole kitchen when opening a door. The biggest surprise on the upper oven is doesn't burn food and the elements are often quite close to the food you are cooking.

Reactions: mrrsm

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Went to saskatoon for my wife's surgeon appointment. She is on the list which could take up to 4 months but.... she is on the cancellation list which could bump her up to any time.

I picked up an echo universal bump head for my 32r project. Didnt have much time to shop around and this one is supposed to be decent. Also snagged an actual walbro rebuild kit for 16 bucks.

So the bump head adapter kit does not quite work. so I figured a possible way to make it work and will try tomorrow. I also found why the original bump head kept throwing line out..... ya user error. There is a diagram inside the housing that kind of explains it. Well damn. I will test it all tomorrow.

I ripped down the carb and found some light debris and the metering diaphragm was decent but definitely hardening up. She was scrubbed down and cleaned put all the circuits and discharge holes with some copper wire strands.

Tomorrow I will throw it all back together and see how she runs.
20200805_231736.jpg20200805_233519.jpg20200806_002741.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman… about the Toshiba Convection-Micro-Wave Oven going out on the Road.

Damn… You’re Right Again...As ALWAYS.

If the Glass Shelf inside the “Caravaning Micro-Wave Oven” is not secured inside the unit after being sandwiched in between a pair of Foam Planks… the jarring and bumping around would certainly cause it to BREAK under less than ideal driving conditions.

Also… I encountered a problem with the Toshiba CONV-MWO that, at first blush… MIGHT seem like a Deal Breaker involving that Glass Turn-Table Plate. The issue has to do with the awful “chattering and bumping” Noises it started to make just after I made those two Pizzas back to back in 19-20 minute intervals.

My Wife started looking at me with Murder in her Pretty Blue Eyes.

But upon closer inspection… I realized that Toshiba MAY have outsourced the manufacture of the Lil’ Tan Tri-Foot Carrier Thingy that plugs in over the top of the Turntable Axle. It was VERY LOOSE. Also the 8.5” OD Tri-axle outer Ring that supports the perimeter of the Turntable has “Square” Nylon Rollers where the “Tread” meets the “Sidewalls”.

Consequently… without having those corners being “Rounded Off”...the Three Little White Plastic Wheels tend to catch along the racetrack-like circular depression in the Stainless Steel MW “Floorboard” and then they try to climb upwards a little as the table ‘makes its rounds’.

As these two things actuate, they conspire to make the most irritating sounds that echo LOUDLY from inside the 1.5 Cubic Feet of mostly empty space. I had to to agree with “SHE Who MUST Be OBEYED…” that it really was intolerable.

But NOT to Worry!

Enter “The Story of Goldilocks” + Plane Geometry to find = A Solution!

I went out online in my usual way with “Research” and found literally a few pages of these Tri-Footies and Tri-Roller Rings. They appeared in a bewildering array of different thicknesses and outer Foot Pad Widths.

But then I thought about the fact that on every 360 Degree Radial… ALL of these companies would have to create something quite similar for "The Feet" in that they all MUST be separated from the Axis of Rotation by 120 Degrees of Arc.

So… I took a Chance on isolating and getting a few different ones from General Electric that appeared a little “Beefier” ...and this is where the “Goldilocks” Principle came in:

(1) The Toshiba OEM MWO Version was TOO small...

TOSHIBAOEMTRIFOOT.jpg

(2) THIS GE Version was Too BIG…

GETRIFOOT4MICROWAVE2.jpg

(3) And THIS GE Flavor was JUST RIGHT!…

GETRIFOOT4MICROWAVE1.jpg

The Third Choice worked PERFECTLY after merely slicing off the little "STOP" piece of Plastic located on its Axle Shank OD... and Voilà. All of the irritating noise from the center of the Glass Tray disappeared!

In a few days… some similar 8.5” Diameter Tri-Roller Rings will arrive and I’ll try them out as well. It’s around 04:00 AM... so I’ll have to wait until My Wife “Rises and Shines” to see what SHE thinks. Hmmm… Fingers Crossed…

Meanwhile, I've got a few hours of Peace and Quiet ahead ... So I'll make some COFFEE before then. And by the Way... when this Thing gets done with Heating Up Tea or Coffee, etc., When the Time is UP... the Button Panel LED Lights up an Oval that shows how The Turntable Moves around until it Returns to the EXACT ORIGINAL POSITION that the Cup Handle was in when it was first placed inside the Microwave. Pretty Damned Cool...If you ask me. ;>)

MRRSMCOFFEEMUG.jpg

EDIT:

I've Measured the Toshiba Glass Tray OD at 13.5" and the Tri-Roller OD measures out at 8.5". However... Since the GE "Tri-Fecta" of having all three components IS available and with the Toshiba's inner Microwave Oven Circular Groove being wide enough to accommodate the GE 9" OD Tri-Roller plus the GE Glass Tray OD measures in at 13.5" is also a Match right along with having a Matching GE Triple-Pad Turnstile ... I'm willing to order and try out all three of these as a combination replacement solution:

THREPIECESOLUTION.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrianF and Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
"Meanwhile, I've got a few hours of Peace and Quiet ahead ... So I'll make some COFFEE before then. And by the Way... when this Thing gets done with Heating Up Tea or Coffee, etc., When the Time is UP... the Button Panel LED Lights up an Oval that shows how the Turntable is moving around until returns to the EXACT ORIGINAL POSITION that the Cup Handle was first placed inside the Microwave. Pretty Damned Cool...If you ask me. ;>) "
I didn't know this was a feature on any microwave ovens! That would make the sale for me.

& at least I know this doesn't just happen around here:
My Wife started looking at me with Murder in her Pretty Blue Eyes.

lol

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

• Love
Reactions: Redbeard

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Turned the throttle way down so my son doesn't dig 4 holes with his R/C crawler.

Screenshot_20200806-170947_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200806-171013_Gallery.jpg

He knows about the sand and is doing very well just rolling along the surface. I'm confident there's no getting around a thorough cleaning/oiling.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yesterday and today, finished up on the trailer. Cut a piece of PVC sheet to fit under between the nose and frame. Then put the front metal moulding back on. Screwed the lower side moulding back on. Then, instead of using gobs of sealant, I used what's called Eternabond Tape. This stuff is normally used to seal RV roofs. It sticks like a mofo and will never come off on its own. Expensive but worth it. Cut some more of the PVC sheet to put on the inside storage floor and also closed off the section that goes to the interior cabinet since I now have an outside door for a full pass through. I applied some rubberized leak sealer to the interior as far as my arm could reach. Cleaned up and done.

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_172115_resized6185864539009602811.jpg
    IMG_20200805_172115_resized6185864539009602811.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200805_172121_resized2824047774727617466.jpg
    IMG_20200805_172121_resized2824047774727617466.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_131459_resized3961626570697189014.jpg
    IMG_20200806_131459_resized3961626570697189014.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_131510_resized3423409842609559176.jpg
    IMG_20200806_131510_resized3423409842609559176.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_135444_resized8379297621185688764.jpg
    IMG_20200806_135444_resized8379297621185688764.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_135726_resized3385039700232698519.jpg
    IMG_20200806_135726_resized3385039700232698519.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_140334_resized1518699261158228787.jpg
    IMG_20200806_140334_resized1518699261158228787.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_141742_resized463154254960802781.jpg
    IMG_20200806_141742_resized463154254960802781.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200806_163556_resized2713070412977979978.jpg
    IMG_20200806_163556_resized2713070412977979978.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 11

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Looks good Moose! The other day, the family and I stopped off at an RV/Trailer yard along the Yellowhead. Checked out some over priced horse trailers and even a few travel trailers. I looked inside this one bumper pull, not sure if the brand was Premiere or if that was just part of the model, who knows. Anyway, the that interior bulkhead was framed with aluminum tubing and sheeted with what felt like that PVC stuff. Looked not to bad,

Now this trailswest (our preferred manufacturer) had some real nice 4 horse, under manger storage and full living quarters. Didn't check the price, probably like 80 grand but a really solid built trailer but with the drain piping for the grey water hanging underneath, looking like a rubbie dub with no pants on and free to the wind. So you build this fancy trailer and leave no protection to some pvc pipes hanging below? Wow! Never ceases to amaze me.

On a different note, I plopped on the carb for the 32r. No dice, thing hydro locked in the time I put the carb on and attached the bump head. WTF? Clear the cylinder, get it to pop a couple of times and then it sounds flooded. WTF again! Pull the carb and the plug and watch it spit fuel out every which way, again like a rubbie dub on cheque day. I check the carb and it is gravity feeding fuel from the top mounted tank right into the impulse port in the crank case.

I pull the carb apart and compare the gaskets and what not to what I pulled out and cannot see what went wrong. I matched up the exact diaphragms and gaskets to what came out. So Now I need to do a tear down (not a bad thing as it takes only a few minutes) and figure it out.

I take a break to help my wife finish picking the arena as its fast approaching 30C outside. We end up doing too much, get some heat stroke and go in. Just in time for me to get called out to the neighbouring office for their usual gong show. I spend several more hours out in the heat. Remember people, my pasty white ass hates the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.