Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That looks like a lot of fun :yes:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
After work... Went and picked up the new to me (90k miles)4:10 rear end and front diff with my brother and his pick up. It's at his shop now where it will get cleaned up sand blasted and painted with por15 (not sure yet).20180520_185726.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@xavierny25 , a full write-up on the front diff replacement with pics would be nice! :biggrin:

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@xavierny25 , a full write-up on the front diff replacement with pics would be nice! :biggrin:

Sure thing BOSS.... I see a few ppl are looking to tackle the front diff and I'll be following the FAQ thread you posted on the how to.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yuck...

I am in the cube farm

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Update. Cut it up and cleaned it out. House is ok, just took the flyscreen door off it's track...easy fix. There's no fixing my weber kettle or the patio chair though. And, there should be a pool going where this pile is now. And no, the kettle is not meant to sit at a 45° angle.

tree damage.jpgtree damage 2.jpgtree damage 3.jpgtree damage 4.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube again

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Getting some stuff done. Looking for an exhaust shop to weld in a cat (old shop has since closed) or I might try my hand at it, TB is doing a noise in the right front brake, likely the dust shield and want to get rid of that thud when stopping (yeah, I know, grease the yoke splines). Have a meeting at work in the afternoon. Bleh.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Gonna work on the rig a bit: Doing a coolant flush, installing my DIY oil catch can, changing serpentine belt out for a "gatorback" one (now made by Continental and called the "Poly V-belt"), and possibly looking at a cheap 2000 Chrysler LHS I saw on Craigslist to either flip or keep for me and the woman.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Besides maintenance on the TB, I cleaned out my apartment's A/C / Heater unit. Disgusting doesn't even come close to how the inside looked, roach carcasses, roach eggs & feces, slight mold, dirt, dust, cobwebs. I used a whole roll of paper towels, sacrificed my toothbrush to scrub, and used 3/4's a bottle of Purple Power to clean it (good thing I keep gallons of it under the sink). Spent 2 hours taking it apart, cleaning the internals, rinse out the filters, and putting it back together. Should of took a before and after, as this thing was clearly not maintained since it's installation like 20yrs ago. I have been putting off using it because it happened to spread mold spores in my apartment when it was on, my girlfriend got sick a lot during that time as well for no reason. Discovered this as I was cleaning and dusting before they re-painted my apartment when I renewed my lease last year. Now we can enjoy the nice A/C without worrying about getting ill.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
About to head to the store in a bit to pick up a few things for a cookout I'm heading to for the afternoon. :thumbsup:

Turns out the vehicle I got for my sister had a lot more issues than were disclosed up front, so we're looking to get out of that, and going to have to finance something for her. Been a lot of researching going on. Kinda hoping she'll go handle that today while I'm gone, since we talked about doing that. Alternative is to take more time, and then she drives the EXT to work, and I work from home, or take the POS. She drove the EXT last night for the first time, and the size scares her. She can't park it very well either. So fingers crossed for a productive day, and a different ride parked in my driveway when I get home.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Fixed the pressure washer, which needed a carb cleaning. Man, it's sweaty out there! Also working tonight.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Glad to have a short work week. Our part time team member became full time today, so in today's team meeting someone brought in a (delicious) chocolate cheesecake to celebrate. Now that I've just had lunch, I am especially stuffed and need a nap. The morning has flown by, so hoping the afternoon follows suit. :yes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally a day off. Picked up my son's Silvy from the exhaust shop for a cat and muffler install. Sounds nice with the JBA Headers muffler I once had in the old TB, which made it sound like a fat ricer. nice low growl and makes the 4.8 sound bigger. Will also make the neighbours less mad as he had no muffler before.

Also picked up my wheels for the Caprice from the refinisher with tires installed, or so I thought. One tire has a bulge in it and the other a puncture. I had bought these used for $300, four 245/40R19 Goodyear LS2 Run Flats. I did check them thoroughly and did find one that had a patch but was fine. The puncture you can't see really so a patch will take care of that one. The one with the bulge, I or the installer didn't see until it was inflated. Just to get one tire of the same type will cost $370! The risk of buying used :mad:

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in da cube

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube and seeing what insurance is gonna do on the car

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just chillin' before an OT shift this afternoon.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
For a short week, it's been a busy one. Finally slowed down this morning as we've got some people out of the office. Doing some random research on a few things while waiting for lunch time. Also trying to figure out the best way to see if a friend, is still a friend, and willing to give me some of my money back, when legally they probably don't have to. :ugh:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had an early start today. Made a Harbor Freight run for some small tools and a larger tarp. The small shaded area in my back yard where I have my compost pile is more dirt than weeds, and more weeds than grass. Figured instead of just covering the pile, cover the whole area. That will get rid of the weeds all the same, and as the pile gets larger, it won't outgrow the tarp (anytime soon)

The drop rod tube for my back gates had gotten filled with dirt, so cleared that out. Ran the string trimmer around the compost pile, and raked that stuff in along with some bread scraps and fruit peels. Watered it and recovered just before a quick rain shower came through. Got cleaned up, started some laundry and ran the vacuum since I tracked in some stuff. Now I'm on the couch relaxing, and researching some good post emergent options to deal with my crabgrass issue this summer :mad:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bought 2.5 ton aluminum jack from Harbor Freight, they wouldn't let me use the 20% off coupon on it though....Then hopped on over to Autozone to get a 1-1/16th socket for the oil pressure switch and get some various 3/8th & 1/2in. longer extensions. One of the employees was staring at my truck outside from the window and said "Man! I need to put that grill and headlights on mine!". As I was paying for my stuff, he was outside chatting about my truck to another employee and walkin' all around it. We talked for a while about the various things I've done over the years to it and he showed me his trailblazer. I told him I'd sell him my headlights because I'm going back to my previous ones. We exchanged numbers and I headed out. Forgot to mention the forum, but I texted a link to it.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Installed a new thermostat in the house to go with the new AC we just had put in. Replaced the ancient bi-metal spiral spring deal. Surprisingly straight forward.

I can maintain/repair the wiring, heat, and fan bits but I can't do anything with household freon and sweating pipes unfortunately/fortunately lol.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Can't sweat those pipes anyway. They require brazing. Regular soldering the copper pipes won't hold the pressure reliably.

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Going to the quack to find out why it feels like I got kicked in the junk when I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online