What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back to work today

This... Corporate did something to the system over the weekend, now some of my data quality reports are hosed. They are telling me that I have 35,000+ accounts and contacts missing address information, but when I open them up, the data is there. So now these reports are useless, as anything that would need to be fixed, is buried under false data. Lovely! :uhno:

A couple of the managers in the membership department are telling me some of the numbers on their reports don't look right either, when compared to another system our corporate office uses. Been crunching numbers and comparing data sets all morning, and finding that the filter criteria in the reports on the corporate system aren't doing what they're supposed to. :Banghead:

At least if the problem was on my end, I could fix it, and stop people from freaking out about (not) hitting their numbers. Having a severe case of the Mondays today.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Even though it's nice and warm out and that I have a ton of stuff to do, I just don't have the energy to get up off my fat butt. Maybe need more coffee?!?

Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had a Dr appointment at the crack of dawn to get some blood work done, as it's been a pretty long time since I've had a full work up. Took half a day off, just so I wouldn't have to run back to the office right away. Took advantage of the extra time to hit the grocery store on the way back, and treated myself to some McDonalds since I had a gift card. Now I'm relaxing on the couch for a few hours, clearing the DVR, and will head into work for a couple hours, after lunch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The ones i got sold I need to pull are 18 inch black chrome corvette wheels. Also have a set of stock TA wheels in chrome with new tires for $350 for sale and some brand new 35 inch Pit Bull Rocker Radials in 17 for sale for $1450

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:offtopic: Please post in the appropriate section with your question. :thankyou:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still recovering from the man-cold but it's better. Also woke up with an excruciating back ache.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work lunch at Buca Di Bepo and then off to a buddy's house tonight to tinker with some projects and drop off some wheels.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
One day closer to Friday! Had a team meeting this morning to discuss a conference we had Tuesday, hosting the other FL offices. Confirmed what we already knew, we've got a better handle on processes and procedures than most of them and management is a lot more in tune with what needs to be done at the ground level here by comparison. I had a session to talk about QA reports, and was supposed to have a bonus session at the end of the day for Q&A, which people seemed to be looking forward to. But the boss forgot, so when she was telling people where to go at the end of the day, she didn't say anything about me, and everyone else forgot too :biggrin: I wasn't mad at not fielding requests for hand outs.

Boss is now talking about doing another one, possibly hosted by one of the other offices next time. I'm going to try to get out of it, since my interactive session was anything but. No one participated, or came prepared with their own material to share, so it was just me in front of a room full of people, trying not to put them to sleep. FAIL. :hopeless:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Responding to a random call from company I applied to in October. They think they have something for me and if I recall correctly it would double my salary

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Having a POETS day.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work. It is Friday gents.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Off from the 9-5 but I will be working at my brothers shop again. I'm hopeful this will be the last of it. I cant what to make the announcement that bullet liner has come to nyc and when it will be up and running officially.

We are still waiting on equipment and roll up gates for the booths. I don't know if I'm impatient or I just hate when people are to busy with there thumbs up there a&& to get sh!t done.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Half day then a Pontiac Cruise-in and then the MIL has the pool open so prolly some swimming with the kiddos later

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went for breakfast with my youngest son, then later, will bring the wheels I got last year for the Caprice to the powdercoate shop for an estimate for blasting and coating them black chrome. May need some fixing due to corrosion.

Then tonight going out with my bud to ShroomFest. (No, not those kinds of shrooms, LOL!)
https://www.facebook.com/events/2225586547668360/

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Well got 1 of 3 lift gets put in today.20180504_095850.jpg
Got the old oven out and off to a new home...
. And filled the void with my son's quad.20180504_095313.jpg

Did other random stuff I didn't take pic's of. Next time round I guess.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Started disassembling my recliner, as some of the padding is worn to the point that it's not comfortable after an hour (unless my back hurts) Thought about getting it re-upholstered, but figured, it's just a bunch of foam cut to shape, how hard can that be? It's really just 2 pieces that need to be replaced, so got the old ones pulled out and measured.

Now, I'm on the couch, having a couple cocktails, and winding down for the night.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Chiropractor, barber then work.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
On hold over an hour with insurance to file a claim for wind damage to the roof as well as damage to the TB (windshield) and my wife's CRV (passenger door) from flying shingles. The TB has comprehensive but not the CRV since it's too old. Hope all of it can be covered by the house insurance. Was supposed to go to Ogdensburg to pick up packages but that's on hold with this. After last night's wind storms, probably lots of people calling insurance so I probably have time to go out for breakfast and come back I'll still be on hold.

Good thing I didn't get the Caprice out of storage yet as it could have been damaged too parked outside.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I participated in my first amateur radio event as a SAG operator on a 100+ mile bike ride through some very rural parts of Alabama and Tennessee.
A storm came through leaving many riders soaked and cold, so most of the day was spent searching for and rescuing cyclists.
They were very appreciative to be back in the dry.

IMG_20180505_100122437~02.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Quite a few Coronas got their slice of lime this weekend.....

Now just waiting on the platform for the iron horse to take me on my way to the job...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back to the grind.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Doctor this arvo to find out if my hips and knees hurting are due to advancing ago or arthritis.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
('arvo' = 'afternoon', for those wondering...I completed a project w/ an Aussie gentleman last year and learned this then - as well as the mistake (on my end) of thinking 'nappies' = 'nap'... Nappies really means 'diapers'. Talk about embarrassed!)

Anyway, I'm cleaning out the leftover mess from my garage ('GEHR-ahge', for you lads / blokes out there) doing my front brakes over the weekend; then hardwiring some goodies into the camper later.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
('arvo' = 'afternoon', for those wondering...I completed a project w/ an Aussie gentleman last year and learned this then - as well as the mistake (on my end) of thinking 'nappies' = 'nap'... Nappies really means 'diapers'. Talk about embarrassed!)

Anyway, I'm cleaning out the leftover mess from my garage ('GEHR-ahge', for you lads / blokes out there) doing my front brakes over the weekend; then hardwiring some goodies into the camper later.

I almost for a moment there thought you was :poke: fun at a prevouse post in another thread. LOL.... DISREGARD....

On topic can't wait to get my azz home to open up some packages I got in the mail. Woohoo...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011

You learnt well for a seppo! :crackup: Off for xrays this arvo on my hips and knees, Doc suspects arthritis.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
You learnt well for a seppo! :crackup: Off for xrays this arvo on my hips and knees, Doc suspects arthritis.

Man, you guys have some convoluted slang...had to look that up... 'septic tank' ? Because it rhymes with 'yank' ?
Go crank... LMAO. :Lager Louts:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Long day in the office. Came home and did some light yard work. Noticed a thick dead branch on the tree in the front yard, so cut that off. Got a couple smaller branches that weren't budding too, so hope that helps besides just visually.

The lawn is struggling due to its pre-existing poor health, lack of rain this spring, and now I've noticed a lot of crab grass popping up :mad: Wasn't planning on lawn renovation until next year, but definitely want to keep the crab grass in check. Loaded up some herbicide concentrate in the tank sprayer, and started hitting the patches to try and knock out the new plants and prevent them spreading. #FingersCrossed

Decided to water and turn the compost pile, since I had kinda forgotten about that for about a month. Had some good compost at the very bottom, and a pleasant smell to it too. Added some new material to it, then covered it back up. Hoping to have a good sized pile to use for next spring. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Man, you guys have some convoluted slang...had to look that up... 'septic tank' ? Because it rhymes with 'yank' ?
Go crank... LMAO. :Lager Louts:

:book::tiphat: We do it to keep everyone guessing!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.