What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Work tonight. OT shift tomorrow. Then off for 2 days.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got up early to get my new tool chest setup in the garage before it got hot. Been doing random stuff around the house, to procrastinate cleaning things and laundry. Hadn't had breakfast, so grabbed a frozen deep dish pizza and tossed that in the oven. Ready for some couch time until lunch is ready. :yes:

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
...grabbed a frozen deep dish pizza and tossed that in the oven. Ready for some couch time until lunch is ready. :yes:

I can quickly feel a food coma coming on, so gonna go pass out for a lil while. Something tells me I'll be up later than usual tonight because of it. This is the Meaty Legend, from Gino's East. Sausage crumble, pepperoni, bacon pieces, and Canadian bacon. :thumbsup:

IMG_20180414_143910.jpgIMG_20180414_143930.jpg

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Ordered some more goodies this morning then hung out with the kids today. Going out to have some food and a few drinks tonight.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
These pics of food are making me hungry.

I set up another PC for someone so a little more $$$$. Most of it will likely go towards the maintenance and repairs of the truck this spring. Just a bunch of nuisance stuff that adds up (axle seals, CV axle assembly, gear oil changes, belts, a couple pulleys, etc etc...)

Wife and I also closed her old Chase checking account she rarely used. We have a joint one now anyway at another bank, and Chase was always finding some reason to pull a few bucks from that account for fees of some reason or another. "you didn't do X in Y months" or "balance is below Z so we're going to drop it lower by charging you a fee." Bunch of bullcrap so shut that down. Unnecessary to have that account anyway. She still has a credit union account we may make use of later, but for now it is just a backup account with a few bucks in it for a rainy day or whatnot.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
:coffee:@ work and trying to source a used rear bumper for my brother-in-laws tbss. I haven't had any luck in the past 2 weeks. I saw the lower portion listed on craiglist but no complete units. Nothing on car-parts.com is even worth it.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At work. waiting to hear back on the Silverado. The A/C still isn't correct in it, I think they are getting cheap compressors, or a string with a bad seal.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
From yesterday... Got home from work, took advantage of the cold front that went through, and ripped out some of my old soffit screens. They had deteriorated, and chunks had fallen out in some places. Since I'd seen squirrels jumping to the roof from trees and fences near some of those gaps, decided it was time to remedy that. My staple gun turned out to be just slightly too large for the job to make a cleaner install, so I made due with what I could. No one's gonna be looking at it anyway...

After that, tackled installing the pre-filter for my fridge. I also ordered a ball valve to go inline before the filter, so when I needed to change it in the future, I wouldn't have to move the fridge to get to the wall valve. The counter next to the fridge has a few inches of gap, but the cupboards above are mounted RIGHT up against it. Virtually no space on the other side with the wall/doorway, so pulling the fridge out is a slow and annoying process. Bought some conduit hangers to use as brackets, so I could wall mount the filter next to the fridge, under the cupboards. Wrapped all threads with tape, closed the ball valve and turned on the water.

No leaks from the first section of connections. Opened the ball valve, and black water started spraying out the other end of the filter. Plenty if choice words sprewed as I covered the filter with a towel, and flipped the valve shut. Had to tighten one of the fittings a bit more. Ran about 4 gallons into a bucket, and dumped the ice bin. The water came out clear, so whatever was getting flushed out of the pre-filter was getting caught in the secondary one. At that point I realized, I should have bypassed the fridge and gone straight into the bucket... :Banghead:

Today, business as usual in the office. Couple meetings and conference calls. Had a chat with the boss about a statewide meeting we're hosting next month with with 6 other FL offices, where I'm supposed to give pointers to people on using the system report builder. I'm prepared for that, but she also wanted me to show them the bells and whistles I make with coding outside of that. :uhno: If people are struggling with a drag and drop interface already, they aren't going to learn coding anytime soon, let alone in 2 hours of me running my mouth. :wowfaint:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working fo da man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Work. Ordered some cheaper stuff today, idler pulley, sai block off plate and gasket and a hex bit socket set.

Where did you order the SAIS block off? Apparently it's discontinued from GM.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Just hanging around until 4 bells.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then childrens museum with kids

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Washing the Trans Am for a car show tomorrow.

Reactions: Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Feeling completely unmotivated at work today. It's pretty quiet, and people are leaving me alone, so the clock is crawling. Wasting a little time shopping online for a good bench vice. Should make drilling and cutting up smaller items much easier than trying to clamp them to chunks of scrap wood, across my saw horses :hopeless:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Laundry now.... earlier changed out rear rotors and brake pads on my younger brother 2014 pathfinder. 20180420_114035.jpg20180420_114043.jpg
I would of done it at our older brothers shop but there not on speaking terms. I told him they need to stop being stubborn a**holes and get over there petty bullshit.:suicide::deadhorse:20180420_123111.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
This evening...Went over to my older brothers shop to finish up on the powder coating oven. Got all the buttons and switches labeled. My brother got the seals put in so we turned it up and it did as expected, works flawlessly. It got up to temp in a shorter time then I'd expected, the timer kicked in for the set amount time and set of some bells and whistles as programmed to do.20180420_183016.jpg
20180420_183040.jpgMy brother got me a great deal on a used quad for my oldest son that I just had to get him. I'm going to have it completely taken apart to have anything that can be powder coated done. Im also going to have all the plastics bullet linered. That green seat needs to go asap.

Not sure of a color scheme just yet but Ill be beating around the bush with my son about it. I don't plan on giving to him till it's completely done.
20180420_191754.jpg
This is my youngest son Julian and I don't think his older brother would appreciate him playing with his new toy (that he has no idea I got. Lol) But he'll have to get over it. Lol

Last edited:

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
About to go load up the trailer with some gravel and concrete mix. Getting started on the footings for my deck attached the country house. Think I'll get in an evening trail ride too. I haven't hopped on my mountain bike since I've redone it.

Reactions: rizzo20

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Bought and built as trampoline for the god sons birthday. A week late since I had a damn wedding to attend to last week but he is super excited and that's what counts...20180421_180131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online