What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Headed down I95 to my buddies house over in Willingboro N.J. He was having some concrete getting poured down in the back of the house. So while he was playing job site Forman I dipped out to meet @littleblazer and @brianlibby79. I had to go see there project truck with my own eyes. BTW you guys are doing some great work keep it up.:2thumbsup:

Paul's dads vett sure was nice to see. I also got a chance to see the birds nest and hear the firebird turn over at Brian's house. It had me missing the 69 camaro I helped build with my X-father-in-law.

Last edited:

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Relaxing.

And by "relaxing", I mean cleaning, laundry, studying, and getting ready for a busy week.
Coming off of a 6 day work-week this week, I am working all 7 days next week; first helping my department move into our brand-new "Network Operations Center" AND my regular 8-5 Mon-Fri, then Sat-Sun I'm helping a family friend's company to setup/tear-down their equipment at a Craft Fair (they are a vendor).

Yikes. No rest for the wicked. I always bite off more than I should chew.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Well since i was up until 4:00 this morning installing an engine and only woke up at 12, not doing much besides nickel and dime stuff on the project truck.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm being lazy today, should be working on a fun project, but can't get motivated. Should go grocery shopping, but don't feel like going outside. Good thing I'm of tomorrow too, so I can procrastinate in peace :tongue:

Congrats..... but don't you mean "future X-wife".. or did I'm miss something....

I'm guessing they are trying it one more time...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats to all!!!!!!!!

Today is another day in the cube village

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Back at school..

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
From late yesterday evening. 544984809.jpg544984821.jpg544984982.jpg
Powder coat oven control box completed, installed and elements burning red hot. Still have to do some wire management but it's up and running which is what I wanted to be sure of. This box is pushing 4 3000 watt heating elements totalling 12000 watts. Hopefully if my brother gets the oven sealed up properly we can test run it by Friday.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
At the learning thing not paying attention. Also waiting for warm weather.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Work, looking at some wedding/reception places online
I thought that is why you were working so hard for the meet up. :wink:

Doing the work thing.

Reactions: tsmith1156

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@ work.... it's getting harder and harder to look like I'm being productive in this building. (Cause im on my A game as so many ppl tells me) Seems like there won't be much going on till early June. So I guess I'll be post whoring.:biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back on the grind after being out for a couple extra days. Things had been super slow leading up to that, and of course I come back to a loaded inbox full of requests for system reports to be built, and some customized items as well with short turnaround times. Seems like that's always what happens when I take time off :hopeless:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Taking time off almost feels worse sometimes because of the backlog that inevitably occurs when you return.

Reactions: Blckshdw

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Setting up a new laptop since my old one does not want to start up... power switch issue that I will look into later.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
At the job doing that work thing. Me and the rest of the team here are cutting out early to go rally and vote at a union event over on 79th and park ave. It's going to be f___king chaotic with 10-15,000 members expected to attend.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work stuff. Going to be working really late tonight. Yay.

At work, also freaking out cause I never realized how much weddings cost!

Yeah neither did I until I got married. It can be done "on the cheap" (relatively speaking) if you're careful. We didn't do a full dinner reception and that helped a lot.

Reactions: Matt and tsmith1156

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Still busy at work from everything that piled up over the weekend. For some reason, time is passing by quite slowly though. My ego would like to say, that I'm so amazing at my job, and can knock out things really quickly... But I know better. :rolleyes: In previous weeks, the mornings have flown by, and afternoons dragged, so hopefully this is a sign of the opposite coming.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Work stuff. Going to be working really late tonight. Yay.

Yeah neither did I until I got married. It can be done "on the cheap" (relatively speaking) if you're careful. We didn't do a full dinner reception and that helped a lot.

Did you just do like appetizer type foods? I’ve thought about that.

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Currently packing boxes. Sigh.

At work, also freaking out cause I never realized how much weddings cost!

My wife and I paid for our wedding ourselves and put a $10k limit on it (amount we saved for it) with nothing getting financed on credit. We trimmed our guest list down to 50 of the closest family/friends. Our ceremony was outdoors and reception was in a large party room of a restaurant. The food was served family style. We hooked up an iPod to the sound system and made our own playlist. It wasn't the grand wedding that the American media brainwash you into believing that you must have......it my opinion, it was better. Unique and had our own style. The best part was the day after, we walked away knowing that we didn't owe anyone any money. Seriously though, it's only one day and it will fly by - don't go into debt for it.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Currently packing boxes. Sigh.

My wife and I paid for our wedding ourselves and put a $10k limit on it (amount we saved for it) with nothing getting financed on credit. We trimmed our guest list down to 50 of the closest family/friends. Our ceremony was outdoors and reception was in a large party room of a restaurant. The food was served family style. We hooked up an iPod to the sound system and made our own playlist. It wasn't the grand wedding that the American media brainwash you into believing that you must have......it my opinion, it was better. Unique and had our own style. The best part was the day after, we walked away knowing that we didn't owe anyone any money. Seriously though, it's only one day and it will fly by - don't go into debt for it.

We’re not gonna use credit cards. We’re thinking around $10k for ours too which is still crazy I think lol

Reactions: CaptainKD

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yes, appetizer type foods. 10k limit, that included her dress, our rings, and the travel expenses to and from our honeymoon location (we flew to Florida and back).

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working the server software upgrades remotely. Really thought I was screwed when I could not get my remote connection to my workstation operating, as I thought the internet was screwed up. Nope, figured out my PC was just being stupid as the VPN connected OK and I could use RDP instead thankfully. Used that to force a reboot. We're up and running now.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then bowling party then camping at farm. Should be a good few days

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online