What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
One of the girls came into my office and said there was a package at the front desk for me. :confused: Thought that was strange, because I hadn't ordered anything this week, and when I do order stuff, I have them sent to the house. They also like to play pranks and mess with people, (as recent as Monday) so I was hesitant. After some push back for a few minutes, I decided to go downstairs, but keeping an eye out for any surprises. Turns out there WAS a box at the front desk with my name on it, but I didn't order it... :eyebrowhuh:

IMG_20180321_131342_02.jpg

I had told them I love Giordano's pizza, and a couple folks from the team that have been to my house, got to try some. But no one knew where this came from, and the boss is offsite for a few hours. After some speculation, it was determined that since we are supposed to be having our team player of the quarter announced this week, this was probably a sign that I won this time around, and this was to be my prize. :biggrin: Then we tried to figure out why it was sent here with my name on it, instead of the boss', cuz it ruins the surprise... I've told a fair number of people that I don't like surprises, to my boss most frequently :nono:

Anyone wanna guess what's for dinner tonight? :cool:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Guess who's back home!!!! I don't know why but the sites wasn't working for me in India. Anyways, me and @Blackwater are planning an international GMTNation meet in Saudi 😊
So much spam came out of India that It may have been blocked.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube time

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to stay awake at work. Getting up at 3:30 just sucks.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work for a bit then vacation

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Super top secret engine stuffs.. oh and im in class till 1:38.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
2/10ths of 1/5th of f*** all.

Last edited by a moderator:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Built the walls/doors for the new powder coating oven at my brother shop.20180323_103656.jpg
Of course with every oven build this one is getting a new control panel with a few more bells & whistles. IMG_1641.jpg
I'm about half way through the wiring.20180323_153147.jpg20180323_153152.jpg20180323_153204.jpg20180323_153158.jpg
Last step to come is power it up and program the timer and temp perimeters and so on.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran a few errands after dinner. Made a Lowe's run, to pick up some stuff for my sorry lawn, and a bunch of PVC goodies. Stopped by the grocery store on the way home for a couple things for the next week. Got home and had a bit of a scare with the TB...

Since I always back in, and had a pair of 10' pipes in the back, I only backed in about 2/3 of the way, and hopped out with the motor running, to open the back, take the long pipes out and put them to the side before pulling the truck the rest of the way in. Got both pipes out and set aside, shut the lift gate, and heard it lock as usual. Then get around to the driver's side door to hop back in, and it's locked too. :confused: Odd. In a state of confusion, I tried the rear diver's side handle, and of course it was locked too. :eek: So now I'm standing next to my truck, sticking out of the garage, motor running and windows up... I do have an Onstar subscription, BUT my only phone is locked in the running truck too. :helpme:

Luckily I remembered I had the spare key in my nightstand. Crisis averted. Dunno what the heck went wrong, cuz I've done that same routine countless times before, and the doors remained unlocked when I shut the lift gate. Will have to make sure one of the windows is down next time at least, cuz that coulda ended WAY worse.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Ran a few errands after dinner. Made a Lowe's run, to pick up some stuff for my sorry lawn, and a bunch of PVC goodies. Stopped by the grocery store on the way home for a couple things for the next week. Got home and had a bit of a scare with the TB...

Since I always back in, and had a pair of 10' pipes in the back, I only backed in about 2/3 of the way, and hopped out with the motor running, to open the back, take the long pipes out and put them to the side before pulling the truck the rest of the way in. Got both pipes out and set aside, shut the lift gate, and heard it lock as usual. Then get around to the driver's side door to hop back in, and it's locked too. :confused: Odd. In a state of confusion, I tried the rear diver's side handle, and of course it was locked too. :eek: So now I'm standing next to my truck, sticking out of the garage, motor running and windows up... I do have an Onstar subscription, BUT my only phone is locked in the running truck too. :helpme:

Luckily I remembered I had the spare key in my nightstand. Crisis averted. Dunno what the heck went wrong, cuz I've done that same routine countless times before, and the doors remained unlocked when I shut the lift gate. Will have to make sure one of the windows is down next time at least, cuz that coulda ended WAY worse.

This has happened to me once, only once a loooong time ago and I learned my lesson. I didn't have a spare at the time and had to Jimmy and pry to get to the lock switch. Now I have made it a habit of always opening the driver side window just low enough for me to get my arm in even if there is someone in the car. Im glad you had spare close at hand.

I got most of the control panel done. Just need to clean up the wires with tie straps and connect the last to outlets for the fan and light.20180323_230451.jpg

My brain is fried time for some shut eye...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Battling my 5th (!) cold/sinus infection of the season. What the heck, I never get sick this much.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working last evening shift but just got tapped for a late night overtime shift tomorrow. Gotta fill the retirement fund!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Battling my 5th (!) cold/sinus infection of the season. What the heck, I never get sick this much.

I hear you man, I'm battling my 2nd chest cold in as many weeks, when I usually might get sick once a year, and that's usually sinus/nasal issues. Just got back from Walgreens, to pick up some meds so I can hopefully stop coughing, which seems to get worse when I lay down. :mad:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Just finished painting the boat.
Built the walls/doors for the new powder coating oven at my brother shop.View attachment 83826
Of course with every oven build this one is getting a new control panel with a few more bells & whistles. View attachment 83827
I'm about half way through the wiring.View attachment 83828View attachment 83829View attachment 83830View attachment 83831
Last step to come is power it up and program the timer and temp perimeters and so on.
My valve covers and plenum will enjoy that work of art. :yes: (I'd imagine you'd actually use a smaller oven if you had it as they're small...)

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Just finished painting the boat.

My valve covers and plenum will enjoy that work of art. :yes: (I'd imagine you'd actually use a smaller oven if you had it as they're small...)
Yes they will.... nope just 1 oven. My brother just piles a bunch of work together coats them all in different powders and turns on the oven for set amount of time. Although some stuff is a two or three coat process.

Reactions: littleblazer

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Took the Duramax to the recycling yard to get rid of some garbage.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work. Not 100% sure I should be here or not, but keeping myself to my office space as much as I can.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
School then gonna clean some engine parts..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work again. Meh. Cough is annoying me greatly.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty slow day around here so far. Weekly meeting this morning, had another department sit in with us to discuss some process and procedural stuff. Nice way to blow an extra 30 minutes. Now back at the desk, waiting for lunch time.

it was worse than normal.

It was like that here too. Morning flew by nice and fast, then the afternoon dragged. I swear time stopped a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Work again. Meh. Cough is annoying me greatly.

Dunno where your cough is originating from, but Mucinex DM made life bearable for me Sunday and yesterday. My cough seems to be nearly gone now :twocents:

Work, trying to cure my amazon obsession lol

Don't fight it, that just makes it worse. Try to guide it to productive stuff, cuz then it's no longer a problem, but a way to get things more efficiently. That's what I tell myself anyway :bonk:

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Pretty slow day around here so far. Weekly meeting this morning, had another department sit in with us to discuss some process and procedural stuff. Nice way to blow an extra 30 minutes. Now back at the desk, waiting for lunch time.

It was like that here too. Morning flew by nice and fast, then the afternoon dragged. I swear time stopped a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Dunno where your cough is originating from, but Mucinex DM made life bearable for me Sunday and yesterday. My cough seems to be nearly gone now :twocents:

Don't fight it, that just makes it worse. Try to guide it to productive stuff, cuz then it's no longer a problem, but a way to get things more efficiently. That's what I tell myself anyway :bonk:

Lol very true

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Making plans to relocate from Chicago to North Carolina next month. I called U-Haul today to rent a 6x12 Cargo Trailer and I was told that too many people are leaving Illinois and they put a stop on equipment leaving the state! :eek: This state is garbage and people are running away!!! Taxes are unbearable.

I was able to get a trailer but I have to drive 2 hours to Milwaukee, WI to pick it up. :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

Enclosed6x12Large.png

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At the job all over the building.

Aside from Public Holidays or vacations, when has a Monday not been?
As an IT person it was hard to work when my account was getting locked out every 5 minutes for the first half of the day.

Making plans to relocate from Chicago to North Carolina next month. I called U-Haul today to rent a 6x12 Cargo Trailer and I was told that too many people are leaving Illinois and they put a stop on equipment leaving the state! :eek: This state is garbage and people are running away!!! Taxes are unbearable.

I was able to get a trailer but I have to drive 2 hours to Milwaukee, WI to pick it up. :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

View attachment 83867
That really sux!

Reactions: Matt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.