What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
School then going home and cleaning the AR’s for the build truck..14878350-56C5-457D-8C19-CC48E62238BA.jpeg

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided I wanted to tinker with some different security camera software packages to see if there was one I liked for full time recording. Setup a virtual machine since most of them have full featured trial software, so I can roll it back to the install date if I need/want more time. :biggrin: Looks like if I want to run the setup I want, I'll need a lot more processing power. Recording 2 feeds full time with DVR playback capability, nearly maxes out my 3.2 GHz 6-core CPU :sadcry: So running all 4, much less doing anything else on that box at the same time, is pretty much out of the question.

Next thing you know, I'm pricing out parts for a dual 8-core server build with a water cooling setup. It's only money... :hopeless:

Reactions: Matt and djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube and ready for the weekend.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Mostly digging out from the Northeaster that hit the east , 12" inches of the heaviest wet snow that I have ever seen. Used the plow truck, tractor with loader and wife with shovel. Suns out and it's melting like crazy, now it's Miller Time (substitute craft beer here), aaaah life is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: rizzo20

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had breakfast, went for a quick grocery store run, put the stuff away and then vegetated all day watching Netflix.

Reactions: rizzo20

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Slow morning at work, but the afternoon was busy and went by quickly. Had an interesting exchange with the roofing repair guy. Appointment was at 5, so I had time to get home from work. He leaves me a message at 12:30 to call him back. Then leaves me another one at 12:50 saying his earlier appointments cancelled, so he was on his way to my house then... :eek: Dude, appointment was 4 hours away... I call him back and let him know nobody's home, and I can't leave work, so I have to stick to the agreed upon time slot.

Get home at quarter to, and start to unwind. Flip on the TV and next thing you know it's 10 after, and he's not here. Hmm, decide to check my emails, and there was one from the guy right around the time I called him. Give it a quick read, and he basically said if I don't take the appointment now, I would have to reschedule it for next week. :confused: Knee jerk reaction was to forward this email to the office, and let them know how unacceptable of a business practice this was. And if their business is doing so well that their guys can bail on appointments cuz they feel like it, then I would take my business to another company that would appreciate it more.

I know better than to send angry emails, so decided to wait until the end of the weekend. And good thing I did, cuz ol' boy rolls up in a lifted pick up, with tires a bit smaller than I would have expected for that amount of lift. :undecided:

vlcsnap-2018-03-02-18h04m17s648.jpg

He poked around on the roof for a bit, came back with a $950 estimate, and asked me if that was OK. Told him I didn't care what the number was, as long as the driver's insurance company cuts the check for it. So he's going to write that up at the office, and email it to me tonight. I'll be calling the insurance company Monday for an update, and to give them the estimate. Hopefully they don't drag this out...

Reactions: rizzo20 and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Cleaning day around the house. Decided to top it off by vacuuming out my computer cases, there was plenty of dust in both of them. Had the bright idea to transfer my water cooling setup from my desktop, which I pretty much don't use anymore, into my server, which has a much heavier workload with the new functions I've added. Something went wrong, server kept going into thermal shutdown. :compu-punch: Swapped cooling methods back, and my desktop kept going into thermal shutdown too. Great, so that's busted... :mad:

Relaxing for now, @triz is on his way over to hang out for a while, before meeting up with @kurupt later for some grub and catch up.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
What we did yesterday...wife said we could and for $200 (they're going for twice that on Ebay) we got this 6 year old 73" Mitsubishi TV. To put the size in perspective, the TV bench it's sitting on is 72" long. I know it's "old" tech but until I can get together the $1200 for the 70" LED, this works great.

Attachments

• 20180304_083504.jpg
    20180304_083504.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Feeling exceptionally lazy today. Made a couple minor camera adjustments on the house, adjusted the motion sensing light over the garage, as it seems to come on frequently at night and stay on longer than I'd like. The one on the side of the house where the street light was, has never worked since I moved in, had taken some hits and had a broken bulb in it. Got out the meter to make sure it was getting power, which it was, so ran to Home Depot to pick up some halogen flood light bulbs. We'll see how that area looks at night when people walk by. :thumbsup:

What we did yesterday...wife said we could and for $200 (they're going for twice that on Ebay) we got this 6 year old 73" Mitsubishi TV. To put the size in perspective, the TV bench it's sitting on is 73" long. I know it's "old" tech but until I can get together the $1200 for the 70" LED, this works great.

Nothing wrong with grabbing a deal too good to pass up! :yes:

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube and swamped...nice thing is I only have a three day week and dgaf about if this bs gets done round here.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Slow day in the office today. Sitting in a holding pattern on some small projects, waiting for feedback from people I've submitted things to. Some help I provided to some offsite folks either was explained well enough that they are all set, or they just haven't gotten around to it yet, either way, nothing for me to do there either. So I'm twiddling my thumbs, and surfing the net until 4pm, when there's a conference call with corporate for me to try to stay awake through. Then I get to go home and play with my new toy! :celebrate::yaay:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Woke up at 1:30pm after a night shift, had breakfast and just chillin' before another shift tonight. These are getting hard on the body and mind :yawn:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work to make money, and spent money. Bought a printer for home and a blower motor for my truck since mine is squeaking horribly and I've had enough of it. Tried fixing it once and it stopped only for a few weeks.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
We're supposed to get some thunderstorms overnight, so had to climb up on the roof and put a tarp down over the damaged part, since that whole process is crawling. :sigh:

The mower is now assembled, grabbed a spare sheet of plywood to act as a ramp, and attempted to drive it off the base of the cage. No go... The wheels barely squeezed between the vertical posts, but the cutting deck was a couple inches too wide. Removed the nut/bolt combo at the bottom of the front posts, but they would not budge. On closer look, the feet appeared to be welded to the posts, so pulling them up and out wasn't an option. Air compressor wasn't aired up, so cutting them off wasn't an immediate option either. :mad: Remembered I have the bagger blades in the box with the kit, and I have to remove the cutting deck to put those on, so that will be tomorrow's solution. Didn't wanna be bothered with it anymore. :bonk:

Got the leaf shredder assembled, but was just about out of daylight, so didn't get to try it out. I have a caffeine headache now, from an energy drink I sipped on earlier in the day to keep from nodding off at my desk. I'll take this as a sign that I won't ever have to worry about becoming addicted to them, that's for damn sure! :ugh:

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Snow day. :celebrate::celebrate:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Nix it. Canceled the printer order for now. Still have the blower on the way.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Snow day for school.. so going to work to make a couple bucks.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Nix it. Canceled the printer order for now. Still have the blower on the way.
What kind of printer did you originally order?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working and debating a little drop in suspension for the DD

Reactions: xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What kind of printer did you originally order?

It was a Canon color laser. I forget the model exactly. Decided not to spend the $300 on a printer right now.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Nah I cleaned up stuff and put things in the shed. Nice try though.
Didn't know you were the new maid...

Currently watching snow fall and ordering stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Donated the blood

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Woke up at 1:30pm after a night shift, had breakfast and just chillin' before another shift tonight. These are getting hard on the body and mind :yawn:

Repeat of yesterday

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
0F16EDB7-1137-4005-8F9F-FC8586DEEE9B.jpegPulled out the ol’ wheel horse just in case..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got the cutting deck off the mower, and was able to get it off the steel frame in came in. Swapped the blades out, and THEN I was able to work the stupid posts loose out of the frame. :hopeless:

IMG_20180307_171305.jpg

Got the bag kit assembled and mounted, tested out all of the features and functions except for the cruise control. The go pedal is dead for the first couple inches of travel, so you push it farther, faster... That torque kicks in and rocks you back a lil bit. I remembered reading a lot of people commenting on that in the reviews, so I thought I was ready for it. Nope!! :laugh: Decided to take that victory and call it a day. Broke down the metal and put it in a bin for the scrap yard, put the pallet in the corner to maybe use for somethin else later.

IMG_20180307_180038.jpgIMG_20180307_180056.jpg

Still need to finish the ramp for the shed, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Saw a bloke last night about a different part time job...seems like 20+ years experience seals the deal. He wants me as a supervisor, so that's nice.

Reactions: djthumper

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Got the cutting deck off the mower, and was able to get it off the steel frame in came in. Swapped the blades out, and THEN I was able to work the stupid posts loose out of the frame. :hopeless:

View attachment 83544

Got the bag kit assembled and mounted, tested out all of the features and functions except for the cruise control. The go pedal is dead for the first couple inches of travel, so you push it farther, faster... That torque kicks in and rocks you back a lil bit. I remembered reading a lot of people commenting on that in the reviews, so I thought I was ready for it. Nope!! :laugh: Decided to take that victory and call it a day. Broke down the metal and put it in a bin for the scrap yard, put the pallet in the corner to maybe use for somethin else later.

View attachment 83545View attachment 83546

Still need to finish the ramp for the shed, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
Nice go cart...

Looks like some decent metal and wood to use for your ramp.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was hoping for a nice slow day in the office. Today is one of our biggest annual fund raisers, so a ton of people will be offsite around lunch time for a few hours. Some before and after the event too. My boss strolls into my office for some last minute stuff before she goes into meetings, and tells me I'm the most senior staff member left, so whoever is left here will be coming to me with any problems/needing assistance. Seriously? Me? You sure you want that? :tongue:

I told her if anything out of left field pops up, screw it, I'm sending everyone home with pay! :crackup:

Nice go cart...

All I need now are some banana peels, some red turtle shells, and I'm ready to roll!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm a sucker for punishment. Got up at 12:30, had some breakfast and I'm working an OT shift tonight. My body will rebel on me tomorrow but the money will be good :2thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
2nd day in a row, one of the ladies ended up with a flat tire in our parking lot. Yesterday, myself and one of the other guys changed out the spare. Today, it was just me since we're light on staff. Boy am I glad we had a bit of a cold front pass through. Even though they were little gas sippers, cranking scissor/bottle jacks by hand in slacks and a button down is NOT pleasant! :no: Trying to get this done without putting my knees on the ground had my quads and arches complaining quite a bit, but at least my back is quiet. 45 more minutes, and I can run out of here, hopefully that's all the excitement I have for the day.

I think these good deeds are deserving of some pizza for dinner :yes:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I think a POETS day is in order today.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
School, then starting the build truck later with @littleblazer

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got up early and tried to take advantage of the cool weather to get some stuff done outside. Got the shed ramp cross members measured and attached to the runners. Wasn't sure how much clearance I was going to need at the top for the cutting deck, so made the runners long with the option to shorten them as needed. Had to take the mower the long way around the house to the double gate, and although it maxes out at 8mph, it felt way faster than that. :woohoo: Still need to get used to the sensitivity between the pedals, since they are very different. Very golf cart-like.

Got the mower into the shed, plenty of clearance with the cutting deck at max height, so I'll be shortening the runners at some point. It's got a pretty tight turning radius, and the cords on the charger are lengthy, so I'm not handcuffed to any one parking configuration. Always like having options.

IMG_20180310_094331.jpg

With that done, was going to move onto a list of smaller things. The hole for the drop rod on my fence gate had gotten a bunch of sand in it, so was going to run a drill bit to clean that out some. As soon as I went to squat down, felt a ripple go up the right side of my back. :hissyfit: At least it's the lower part this time, so wearing my brace actually helps. Was planning to mulch some piles of dead leaves, and trim some more branches. But it's some heat, pain meds, and the easy chair for a while. The rest will have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tearing down the 350.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Off to Lowes tonight and bottling the beer this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online