C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Irrelevent post due to stickied thread.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I liked the old feature where there was a list of who had read a particular thread, for all time, not just who's looking at it currently. Not sure anybody else shares that appreciation.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Aarkon said:
Ya It said I had to go in and iknowledge it before I could post again and it said how many points I had who it was from and the message you sent
Awesome. No anonymous warnings.

Upvote 0

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Favicon works on the forum, but not on the main GMTnation.com. There it is 4 multi-colored people holding hands or playing ring around the rosey or something.

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Favicon works on the forum, but not on the main GMTnation.com. There it is 4 multi-colored people holding hands or playing ring around the rosey or something.
Its on the list.... for Jimmy.

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The_Roadie said:
I liked the old feature where there was a list of who had read a particular thread, for all time, not just who's looking at it currently. Not sure anybody else shares that appreciation.
I liked it as well.

Upvote 0

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
The_Roadie said:
Somehow, due to your avatar photo, I find it hard to take you seriously. :raspberry:
on the old forum, this was the pic of "me" in my profile... but it didn't make the impact I wanted buried away in there. apparently, as my avatar, its a big hit.

as far as attatchment sizes go, can we make sure it doesn't resize .gifs to postage stamp size? that is the format on alldata for their wiring diagrams and connector views, and the last forum was set to size them down to be unreadable. max width of 1000px would be ideal, pullleeeezzzzz

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jimmyjam said:
on the old forum, this was the pic of "me" in my profile...
I see you add a line feed before you start typing your reply. I do that mostly as well. The default space between the quote box and the first line of reply isn't enough to look sylish.

The Beeb is still a goof. Why is it that a single DUI conviction will keep you from being allowed to enter Canada, but we can't manage to deport this SOB as a horrible example and keep him out.

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The_Roadie said:
I see you add a line feed before you start typing your reply. I do that mostly as well. The default space between the quote box and the first line of reply isn't enough to look sylish.

The Beeb is still a goof. Why is it that a single DUI conviction will keep you from being allowed to enter Canada, but we can't manage to deport this SOB as a horrible example and keep him out.
The almighty dollar. :cool:

Upvote 0

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i gotta say sometimes I'm jealous of your capacity to get so worked up over things that to me are trivial annoyances. Running my business is so stressful, usually by 10am I've run out of fucks to give about things that effect me, much less what the biebs is up to. (unless it involves selena gomez, then i'll be tweeting at both of them how I'd show her what a real man is all about, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF_iiX1HepM

Reactions: Blckshdw
Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
It's there, it's a dot or star just to the left of the title of the thread. If it's lit up, there is new content since the last time you went to it.
Oh I see now. I thought it was just a bullet point. Nvm then!

Upvote 0

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
How do I get rid of the "0 warning points" under my post count?

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I could give you some warning points. It is not something you can change, we haven't made any changes to the warnings system yet.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'll move this to the main comments thread, since it would be a mod to the forum software. We haven't been using warning points at the old site or on the old software here, so it may be best to suppress the display. It's not like this is a kid-filled ricer forum that needs to be policing the children.

For now, take "0 points" as a badge of honor.

Reactions: rcam81
Upvote 0

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Make a few posts to get it to say "2 warning posts" or become a moderator? :rotfl:

Edit: Oops. I'm too slow.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
The_Roadie said:
Actually, it makes me want to propose an avatar and signature photo APPROVAL COMMITTEE.

:biggrin:
Aww, damn, but then my avatar would never make the cut...

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Trios said:
Aww, damn, but then my avatar would never make the cut...
The Approval Committee would be bribable, of course. And the currency you'd have to spend is hinted at in your avatar. :wink:

I used to bet my wife (without her knowledge) when I was golfing with somebody facing a 30-40 ft. putt. Never once had to face the situation of asking her to pay off. They never made the putts! :eek:

Upvote 0

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
The_Roadie said:
I'll move this to the main comments thread, since it would be a mod to the forum software. We haven't been using warning points at the old site or on the old software here, so it may be best to suppress the display. It's not like this is a kid-filled ricer forum that needs to be policing the children.

For now, take "0 points" as a badge of honor.
I had a hunch that it was a glich in the system. Some people had it and some didn't.

Upvote 0

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Jman423 said:
On your mobile browser as well?
Yes, it only happened the one time on the PC and again once on the mobile app.

Ghoster said:
It has to do with the infractions system. We don't use it a whole lot, but I can demonstrate.
Challenge accepted, 1,000,000 demerits.

Robbabob said:
That is currently offline. Here's a quote to follow:

Please come back later when the site upgrade is complete and this feature is working again. For now - it's offline.
Thanks for your support!

I need to figure out when my subscription comes up... has to be pretty soon.
They better fix it, I may not be feeling as generous the further I get from payday.

Would also like to say the mobile app performed flawlessly today.

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Anyone else have issues switching from instant notifications to daily digest? I switched this morning and still getting emails for every post in subscribed threads. Is there another setting I need to switch or is this an issue.

Upvote 0

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
you used to be able to see who was online can you still see that anywhere?

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
HARDTRAILZ said:
Anyone else have issues switching from instant notifications to daily digest? I switched this morning and still getting emails for every post in subscribed threads. Is there another setting I need to switch or is this an issue.
I had to unfollow this thread to get them to stop, even after changing the notification settings in my profile.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
qsp01 said:
At the bottom of the main forum page.

Reactions: qsp01
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found another issue. Won't affect much except the "What do you think when you read thread titles" thread. We can't add a title to individual posts and all the previous post titles are gone. So all the old posts, we don't know what the original title was about.

Upvote 0

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
Couldn't find anyplace to sign up for a premium membership?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The_Roadie said:
We'll add it to the goody list for the near future.

SBUBandit said:
I'm aware of this. The correct favicon is there, it's just that the site is still showing the cached version from when I setup the portal software. I'll flush the cache out at some point to resolve this problem.

jimmyjam said:
...its a big hit.
Funny you should say that, because each time I see your avatar, it makes me want to hit my computer screen :compu-punch:

rcam81 said:
How do I get rid of the "0 warning points" under my post count?
You don't, I do. On the list, just lower down.

HARDTRAILZ said:
This "could" be due to the fact that some notification changes only update in the database with a scheduled cron job that occurs every xx hours. See if it corrects itself once you've given it time. If not, I'll add it to the list of things to investigate.

qsp01 said:
On the bottom of the forum main page, in the location as our previous software.

Mooseman said:
Found another issue. Won't affect much except the "What do you think when you read thread titles" thread. We can't add a title to individual posts and all the previous post titles are gone. So all the old posts, we don't know what the original title was about.
Yeah, I noticed that when we were testing out the software. It wasn't a big enough feature loss to consider refusing the software.

qsp01 said:
Couldn't find anyplace to sign up for a premium membership?
Unfortunately, the subscription system in this new software is so advanced and feature packed that I have to spend a decent amount of time to set it up correctly. I've been working on putting out fires and investigating issues, so I haven't been able to dedicate the time to getting it setup yet. We appreciate the interest and we will take care of it as soon as we can.

Reactions: qsp01
Upvote 0

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Couple of config issues I haven't seen noted in this thread...

When using the reply to topic at the bottom of a thread screen, when click in the box to start typing the formatting bar comes up. No problem with that but there is an expand toolbar icon that has a popup that says expand toolbar. Click it and the bar collapses, the icon then says expand toolbar and then properly tracks what the button does.

Could not paste text into a PM popup.

On the vB software you could click on a screen name and get a popup window with several options. Don't see that here.

Quote isn't bringing in the selected item to the replay to this topic box. (IE 11)
Just logged in from FF and quote appears to work there, I see the quoted text in the reply box.

Upvote 0

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Mark20 said:
Quote isn't bringing in the selected item to the replay to this topic box. (IE 11)
works for me in FF

Upvote 0

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Just came up with an issue. Try to mark forums read.

Welcome to the New GMTNation As you can see, we're still working on some things. If you encounter anything that doesn't seem right, please start a thread in the support forum.

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#20312]
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Need Help?
url link i get
http://gmtnation.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=app&markApp=forums&k=31fa208bec4922a060bbd1a5edfdb6a7

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Hatchet said:
Just came up with an issue. Try to mark forums read.

Welcome to the New GMTNation As you can see, we're still working on some things. If you encounter anything that doesn't seem right, please start a thread in the support forum.

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#20312]
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Need Help?
url link i get
http://gmtnation.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=app&markApp=forums&k=31fa208bec4922a060bbd1a5edfdb6a7

Robbabob said:
Ditto for me...
Its on the list.

Upvote 0

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I can't quote things either. When I click on quote, it shoots me down to the "Reply to this topic" box, but the box is empty and I just have the blinking cursor. Is this just something going on with IE? I don't use Chrome or FF.

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I can't quote things either. When I click on quote, it shoots me down to the "Reply to this topic" box, but the box is empty and I just have the blinking cursor. Is this just something going on with IE? I don't use Chrome or FF.
Sounds like an IE issue. It works with all other browsers that we have tested. It even works with older IE, its just the newest version. IE is such a pain the arse.

Upvote 0

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'm starting to see that... Chrome, here I come :rotfl:

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Dmanns posted this on a idferent page, but I see it being relevant here:

I have also noticed when doing a Trailblazer/Envoy search in Google and it lists links to different threads on GMTNation, when clicking on the links the page comes up with "404 Page Not Found". It did that for every link I clicked on. The is a GMTNation Resource Portal listed at the bottom of the page that will direct you to the new site. Hopefully anyone searching for help will click on the link, although it will still take them to the main page of the site and not to the thread they were looking for.

How would this issue be resolved with the Google search, just curious?

I learned a search string from The Roadie "pick a topic site:GMTNation.com". All relevant links come up in the Google list, but they all go to 404. Is this something that Google can actually learn the new location?

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Robbabob said:
I learned a search string from The Roadie "pick a topic site:GMTNation.com". All relevant links come up in the Google list, but they all go to 404. Is this something that Google can actually learn the new location?
Google has to relearn the entire site. >100K posts. We see it snaking around every hour with multiple search bots, but it's gonna take them a while.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online