Status
Not open for further replies.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Irrelevent post due to stickied thread.

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
Perhaps 'friendships' should automatically have the 'I must approve friendships' thing applied. As it is, I now appear to be the most-connected member on the forum what with the 'friendships' I picked up in just a couple minutes...

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Agreed. Friendship slamming is just not right.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
The header links for the Lambda platform and the Small platform are 404's (though they look correct?) and also there's an & in the header link for Performance & Detailing instead of the ampersand.

Upvote 0

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
There is a CAPTCHA system in-place for new registrations, however I wonder if we should also activate the challenge question as an extra measure of protection against bot accounts?

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What's the field to the right of the Profile view? Is this a Profile Feed, whatever that is? Just had somebody report that a recent post of mine (perhaps from the Staff forum) showed up there when he viewed me. Possible post leak or a bug?

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
The_Roadie said:
What's the field to the right of the Profile view? Is this a Profile Feed, whatever that is? Just had somebody report that a recent post of mine (perhaps from the Staff forum) showed up there when he viewed me. Possible post leak or a bug?
I'm pretty sure it's intended behavior. If you click on your name in the upper-right corner, and then click 'My Profile', and then on your profile page on the left hand side there is a 'Profile Feed' option. People can post in there, and you can post in there, and it appears that whatever the last thing you posted on your own profile feed gets shown on your profile.

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I lost likes again.

And I have the option to mark any post as solved.

But the roadies avatar is back, so I have that going for me.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
MAY03LT said:
I lost likes again.

And I have the option to mark any post as solved.

But the roadies avatar is back, so I have that going for me.
I agree, no likes for me. But I don't get a solved button. Maybe if I got Moderator status??

Anyone??

EDIT: Just verified, even a thread I created in Technical Discussion, I can't mark solved. However, I can lock it, which I don't think I could do before.

Making me an admin would solve this, of course.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
Alright The_Roadie, you've got me. What's your PayPal address? I'm willing to deal.

Upvote 0

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The Mark Solved button is interesting. Puts a "Best Answer" tag on the post, and turns the background green. This should be very useful when people go searching the forums.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Midnyteryder196 said:
From chrome on my windows 7 laptop, I can't access tapa talk. It says community not available. Error 404
If you delete GMTNation from your app and then search for it again, it will work.

Darkrider_LS said:
New forum is looking great so far from what i can see! I had to delete the forum from my list on tapa then search and re add it again but its working great on there now too.
Yup... thats all you need to do.

Robbabob said:
5 of the 6 links on the home page go to "error 404". Guessing you've not gotten there yet.

Site looks great, fun learning new tricks :thankyou:

Edit: Tech Articles, Part numbers, etc.
This should be fixed now... I did this a few hours ago. Have you checked since?

Blckshdw said:
Going back through old thread posts, I see that attachment pics are displaying incorrectly. Like they are being pulled from other threads or something. Here are a few examples I just found in the Quad retrofit thread

Post #53 - Last pic is a dog about to piss on some girl's head :rotfl:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-3#entry122694

Post #69 - Some random pic of a bird
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-4#entry132191

Post #78 - May03LT and some fellas at a Hooters?
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-4#entry132254

Post #108 - Wrong pic (smitty's tan isn't that dark :tongue:)
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-6#entry134047

Post #113 - A bunch of ConeKilrAutoX's turbo build pics
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-6#entry135379
Ugh, this could be a bigger problem them it seems. There isn't much I can do about, there are TONS of attachments. Thank you for pointing it out, please monitor it and let me know if you continue to see more problems.

Midnyteryder196 said:
From chrome on my windows 7 laptop, also from chrome on my mobile, and in tapatalk it used to give option to upload as image or attachment, now only shows upload as attachment option. But still won't let me upload pics at all, using either of the 3 ways I mentioned.

Thanks Jman!
Yeah, Tapatalk has this thing now about taking your images and hosting them on their server, removing all control from the forum owners. If they go out of business or have a change of heart, our forums would be filled with broken image links. We're still discussing internally how to proceed with this issue. You should be able to upload and attach images via web browers, the drag and drop thing needs to be tweaked, or we need to better understand how it is used and what it doesn't work with. We'll come back to that.

The_Roadie said:
Premium member forum permissions? Had a question from inside the Anything Goes forum, and I forget if that was premium content or just a notice that it could be NSFW.
Huh?

MAY03LT said:
I don't see likes/like button on the mobile version (droid 4 standard browser).

I don't think I'm going to back to tapatalk. The mobile version is awesome.
I'll look into that, I'm not sure if this is a space saving feature or if it is supposed to show up in some menu on the mobile version (not Tapatalk).

Trios said:
I believe I found an exploit, however, I also believe it has been fixed.....

:satan: :satan: :satan:
You did, and it has...

Reactions: Mounce
Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jman423 said:
Ugh, this could be a bigger problem them it seems. There isn't much I can do about, there are TONS of attachments. Thank you for pointing it out, please monitor it and let me know if you continue to see more problems.
Ummmmm, there were some hugely NSWF attachments in Trailvoy's premium and staff sections that would be a bad thing if the wires got crossed here. I might have contributed to some "spicy" photoshopping. Ick.

On the other issue, I wasn't clear. Sorry. Is the Anything Goes forum supposed to be Premium content?

Upvote 0

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
When I go to "new content", is there a way to see new posts on the mobile version without refreshing the screen? Old version had a auto-update in the activity stream and wondering if the same will be with the new content on this version?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
im still getting the uploading not allowed message (Chrome on Win 7 laptop) .. am i the only one that this is happening to? could it be bc i changed username? just changed from 02 to 196 in my name..

Upvote 0

BMM2500

Jul 17, 2012
I can see the anything goes content on my wifes account (not premium member).

edit - Also I don't see the active users on my account.

the first pic is from hers, the second is from mine

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Midnyteryder196 said:
im still getting the uploading not allowed message (Chrome on Win 7 laptop) .. am i the only one that this is happening to? could it be bc i changed username? just changed from 02 to 196 in my name..
This possibly could be from the name change. Jimmy will get things worked out as quickly as he can.

BMM2500 said:
That will be fixed soon, it is a permission issue at this point.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
djthumper said:
This possibly could be from the name change. Jimmy will get things worked out as quickly as he can.
Its all good.. I know things happen and takes a while to figure out, just keeping ya guys informed on issues im having :smile:

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The_Roadie said:
Need any discussions of her removed? :smile:
Hehehe nah I don't think I went out of line.

She forgot her password so I tried the password reset - that's working ok.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Trios said:
I agree, no likes for me. But I don't get a solved button. Maybe if I got Moderator status??

Anyone??

EDIT: Just verified, even a thread I created in Technical Discussion, I can't mark solved. However, I can lock it, which I don't think I could do before.

Making me an admin would solve this, of course.
As of this post, the only forum where this "Solved" or "Best Answer" feature is deployed is in the Site Support area. I'll roll it out to other forums as time allows. I only want to use it in technical forums where it serves its purpose.

The_Roadie said:
Maybe that's why only Mods can click that button. Imagine the abuse a noob might cause clicking that on a wrong answer. We'd be cleaning up after those things all day and night.
Mods and the OP should be able to mark any post in a thread as the "Best Answer", in forums where the feature is active.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Midnyteryder196 said:
I haven't gotten that far yet.

BMM2500 said:

Fixed.

BMM2500 said:
Actually the main board looks diff'rent
Is this being compared to an account that is logged in and one that is logged out or is it two different accounts with different memberships (platinum)?

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Jman423 said:
Is this being compared to an account that is logged in and one that is logged out or is it two different accounts with different memberships (platinum)?
No sir - the red outlined pics are from her logged in account (junior member), the blue outlined pics are from my logged in account (mod). Tried both accounts on each of our pcs, same results.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
MAY03LT said:
No sir - the red outlined pics are from her logged in account (junior member), the blue outlined pics are from my logged in account (mod). Tried both accounts on each of our pcs, same results.
OK, I see now. Can you check it again?

Upvote 0

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
When doing a Google search, the link to gmtnation.com works, but the subcategory links don't work anymore.

Great work btw, the site looks amazing.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Hypnotoad said:
When doing a Google search, the link to gmtnation.com works, but the subcategory links don't work anymore.
Yeah, we're going to take a pretty hard hit on Google because of vBSEO, which went out of business last year and screwed all of their unsuspecting customers who kept paying for renewal services well after they were gone and had no intention of updating or repairing their software. They're criminals.

Anyway, one of the dozens of high priority tasks I'm working on is getting the old stuff removed from Google and starting fresh with good links.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
BMM2500 said:

This should be all fixed up now.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
IllogicTC said:
The wrong-attachment issue appears to still be happening, not sure if it's been gotten around to, yet.

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/9976-squeal-only-when-accelerating/?p=227093

That is a post of mine, and there's absolutely no way I would post four pictures of some ice caves I've never been to in a tech discussion thread out of the blue

:rotfl:
Here's one of my threads:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5821-vehicle-recovery/

And the inclusion of a screenshot from Trailvoy is going to make for some hilarity:
View attachment 34373

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
So i was browsing my profile and my settings.. came across manage attachments, it shows i have used 3.46mb out of 500kb, with 45 attachments. This could deff be the issue for not being able to upload photos. What should the normal limit be??

Upvote 0

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I have to log in every time I reopen my browser, even when I check the "remember me" box. This is not that unusual with my old (4.1.3) version of Safari, but the old site would always hold my log in.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
IllogicTC said:
The wrong-attachment issue appears to still be happening, not sure if it's been gotten around to, yet.

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/9976-squeal-only-when-accelerating/?p=227093

That is a post of mine, and there's absolutely no way I would post four pictures of some ice caves I've never been to in a tech discussion thread out of the blue :rotfl:
The_Roadie said:
Here's one of my threads:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5821-vehicle-recovery/

And the inclusion of a screenshot from Trailvoy is going to make for some hilarity:
attachicon.gif
3.jpg
There are 34,000+ attachments in our system. There is simply no possible way to sort out this issue. I'm going to research it further, but I can't imagine there being anything that we can do to resolve whatever is causing the wrong attachments to show in posts.

Midnyteryder196 said:
So i was browsing my profile and my settings.. came across manage attachments, it shows i have used 3.46mb out of 500kb, with 45 attachments. This could deff be the issue for not being able to upload photos. What should the normal limit be??
That could be part of the problem. To be honest, I haven't stumbled across the attachment settings for each user group yet. I'll look for them and try to get this resolved.

Chickenhawk said:
I have to log in every time I reopen my browser, even when I check the "remember me" box. This is not that unusual with my old (4.1.3) version of Safari, but the old site would always hold my log in.
This is most likely related to the change from the old software to the new software. I would suggest clearing your cookies and cache, then log into the site again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online