C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Irrelevent post due to stickied thread.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
On a computer using internet explorer. I tried on my phone just now and can both quote and paste into responses with the blackberry browser
Internet explorer is known to be difficult like that. Try google chrome, it's a much better browser, I've been using it for a few years.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2013
But its only this fourm.....

Reactions: jrSS
Upvote 0

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
There are some wierd issues when using mobile browser and not tapatalk. I am sooo used tapatalk that I still and will always use it. Its easy...fasst...and for me convenient. I am on 3 other car forums and they all use tapatalk. So it just makes it easy... oh and did I mention...convenient.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2013
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
But its only this fourm.....
Weird but it does work with chrome.

Reactions: Mounce
Upvote 0
May 5, 2013
I'm using explorer 11 on windows 7.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
IE11 broke a lot of things when it came out.
As did 10 when it came out.
As did 9 when it came out...

Everything seems to work ok for me in Firefox. Wonder what IE11 is screwing with. Have you tried the compatibility mode in IE?

Reactions: djthumper
Upvote 0
May 5, 2013
not sure about how to run in compatibility mode. if its under the tools menu tab as compatibility view, then yes and I get the same result.

I've just been using chrome, as I downloaded to see if quote would work. I noticed that quirks on other forums that I frequent seem to go away when I use chrome too. Win, win.

Upvote 0

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
not sure about how to run in compatibility mode. if its under the tools menu tab as compatibility view, then yes and I get the same result.

I've just been using chrome, as I downloaded to see if quote would work. I noticed that quirks on other forums that I frequent seem to go away when I use chrome too. Win, win.
Chrome is awesome my man. It's good if you have a smartphone too, better than my "stock" browser.

Reactions: djthumper
Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Can not start a new thread in this section. Says i need to select a thread prefix. I assume "support" is the prefix.

Was trying to make a thread about the member map.

When you click on the blue dot it bring up the member name as a link. When you click on the link it takes you to the top level of the forums. Should it instead take you to the members profile page?

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Upvote 0

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Ever since last night's security upgrade. Or whatever was going on. I can't mark threads as read using mobile. When I click the little blue balloons I get an error saying this isn't allowed? Same when I try to clear notifications. Not sure who this should go to but here it is lol

Upvote 0

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
I can't post my Trailblazer in the for sale section. It keeps saying something about selecting a prefix. (Even though I selected "for sale")

Upvote 0

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Think something got out of whack last night. It keeps telling me I don't have permission to use this feature when I try to mark things as read. Very annoying! Tried signing out and back in... No dice
This is what I get:

[#20312.1] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
24v 4.2 said:
I can't post my Trailblazer in the for sale section. It keeps saying something about selecting a prefix. (Even though I selected "for sale")
Try it now

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
hmmm, if i get the chance I will try it on mine and see if it works for me.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It isn't phone, OS, or browser related. I just tried on my Android and it does the same thing.

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Before the upgrade there were several features that worked but DO NOT WORK, AFTER THE UPGRADE, LIKE THE GALERY OR TAKE MULTIPLE MOUSE CLICKS TO SEE VEHICAL INFORMATION.

Those are just two examples THAT WERE BROUGHT UP LAST YEAR. I understand about voulenteers and all the moderators and administrators that i see are good guys that want thing to work too.

These guys are not the ones that are responsible for restoring these features from my understanding. It the others in the background that do not post regularly.

All that being said, i apreciate the moderators and administrators for what they have done. BUT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DONATE THEN PASS THE RESPONSIBILITY ON TO SOMEONE THAT CAN. If i was not dealing with end of life and elder care for my mother i would voulenteer. I could not handle a post like this in my current emotional state. P

When i get all my emotions in check I VOULENTEER FOR ANY DUTIES SEEN FIT.

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Site seems fairly sluggish last night and into tonight. Taking upwards of 20 seconds to load pages. Other websites are providing near instant gratification upon request. Good speeds and pings from coast to coast here.

5477863742.png
5477868318.png
5477870037.png

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I noticed that too on both mobile and now at home on the computer. Server might be constipated.

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Still slow on the work computer that is quick typically

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86