What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Decembersend said:
I just may end up doing this. I'll just have to run without headlights for awhile but that's ok I have bright a** fogs:cool:

You'll also have no turn signals

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
SBUBandit said:
You'll also have no turn signals

Arm signals are still a recognized alternative to turn signals. :thumbsup:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Turn signals still work. Just use a little duct tape to keep them where they can be seen. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Turn signals still work. Just use a little duct tape to keep them where they can be seen. :thumbsup:

This :biggrin: Ghetto as anything but it'll work :rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Use the silver/gray duct tape and it'll look like a custom assembly.:rotfl:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:crackup: Sounds like a mod we should do during one of our mini meets. Plenty of pics would be taken for proper documentation purposes. :rotfl:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ghetto dippin ur wheels sucks ASS!! Lol. Took me 4 ever and hopefully it don start peelin cuz I don't wanna ever do it again. Whoever said they were east to do is full of shit! !
Lol
ad78ce98-427e-008c.jpg
ad78ce98-4286-d0c8.jpg
here's a couple snap shots.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Washed it for the drive to C'bus today...just to get it rained on. :rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Gave it a quick hand wash for the meet today :yes:
Found some more rust bubbles :no:
Pretty much decided I'm going to lift it regardless :thumbsup:
Priced out lift, spacers, and tires, comes out to about $1050 for 5 tires or $910 for 4 (Treadwright Wardens, look like BFG ATs basically). Probably would go with the 5 to retain a full size spare but I'm not sure if a 32" tire will fit underneath in the stock location or not. I'll have to crawl underneath and do some measuring. Good chance I won't do it until next year anyway. Still have enough life left in my current tires to get through this coming winter.

Vosper

Jul 18, 2012
Replaced front side marker bulbs cause 1 was out and replaced Outside air temp sensor, it was reading 19 deg a couple of days ago and the AC would not run with it being 95 deg outside.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Sparky said:
Priced out lift, spacers, and tires, comes out to about $1050 for 5 tires or $910 for 4 (Treadwright Wardens, look like BFG ATs basically). Probably would go with the 5 to retain a full size spare but I'm not sure if a 32" tire will fit underneath in the stock location or not. I'll have to crawl underneath and do some measuring. Good chance I won't do it until next year anyway. Still have enough life left in my current tires to get through this coming winter.

Buy the fifth tire and even if it doesn't fit save it until you get a customer bumper done by Mike.:yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
drove the beaSSt to the Ohio meet today... washed her last night, did some minor detailing this morning for the spots that i missed in the dark last night.. only for it to get rained on THE WHOLE WAY OUT TO THE MEET!!! :rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Boricua SS said:
drove the beaSSt to the Ohio meet today... washed her last night, did some minor detailing this morning for the spots that i missed in the dark last night.. only for it to get rained on THE WHOLE WAY OUT TO THE MEET!!! :rotfl:

Where are those drought conditions when you need them. :hissyfit: :rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:

I know it won't fit on a EXT :frown:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Where are those drought conditions when you need them. :hissyfit: :rotfl:

No thanks! Id prefer mid 70s and rain to 100+ and dry. My poor grass still hasn't recovered

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I know it won't fit on a EXT :frown:

How close (or far) is it from fitting?

mapanch said:
No thanks! Id prefer mid 70s and rain to 100+ and dry. My poor grass still hasn't recovered

I don't really have grass so I don't care - nice not having to mow the weeds at least IMO :rotfl: I was more concerned about farmers and crops and such when it was so hot and dry. But I was glad it wasn't 90+ today for the meet. Aside from the brief spat of misty rain we had it was pretty decent weather.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Decided to finally fix my map light that was sticking and cleaned it while I had it out. After I re installed and tested it I realized just how dirty the others had become after almost ten years so they got removed and cleaned as well. Now I am looking for a place to order a new CPAS.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:crackup: Sounds like a mod we should do during one of our mini meets. Plenty of pics would be taken for proper documentation purposes. :rotfl:

I'm going to hold you to this. DDM HIDs are ordered 2 pairs of 6000k D2S with relay, and 2 pairs of Hella evox-r projectors :biggrin::cool::wootwoot:

Cleaned the sand out of my HID fogs today so I'll have light while my headlights are out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wooluf1952 said:
Wooluf1952 said:
Use the silver/gray duct tape and it'll look like a custom assembly.:rotfl:
Blckshdw said:
Decembersend said:
I'm going to hold you to this...

:biggrin: Fine with me, suit yourself, it ain't gonna be ME driving around looking like that! :hopeless:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
How close (or far) is it from fitting?

I haven't put a 265/70/17 on the spare tire holder, but I had a 265/65/17 on it and it didn't fit correctly. It was catching on something (heat shield IIRC) and the front side was way down. It might work with a little cutting, but IDK.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Started yesterday but finished this morning. I painted my front GMC black, used Rustoleum Lens tint, wanted VHT nightshade but they were sold out. Sidenote: this stuff is comparable, seems as though it might even give it a little more of a glossy finish

Also debaged 'Sierra' from my rear tailgate. Leaving the GMC, going to paint it the same way i did the one in the grill. Spray tinted my third brake light as well. Also used plastic-x on my taillights because the clear coat was starting to flake. Wow what a difference it made.

I apologize in advanced - all pics were taken via iphone

IMG_9337.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9103.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
43ecd419-dd85-55a8.jpg
Took the plasti dip plunge. So far I like it but what a pain to do.
Actually did this Friday b4 the aug 11th ohio meet.
43ecd419-dcda-2ff3.jpg
43ecd419-dce4-e96e.jpg
43ecd419-dcf1-9a20.jpg
43ecd419-dd01-8ebc.jpg
43ecd419-dd0d-2ff5.jpg

And yes I know I need to do something with the calipers and such. One thing at a time for this guy.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Ghetto dippin ur wheels sucks ASS!! Lol. Took me 4 ever and hopefully it don start peelin cuz I don't wanna ever do it again. Whoever said they were east to do is full of shit! !
Lol
ad78ce98-427e-008c.jpg
ad78ce98-4286-d0c8.jpg
here's a couple snap shots.

Dont know what moron would ever tell you its easy :rotfl: Looks good regaurdless

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I built a bracket to attach to my roof rack to secure the shovel and axe to it. Amazingly, I didn't have any complaints from the neighbors even though I was pounding out the metal at 11pm Friday night. :thumbsup:

DSC_3439.jpg

DSC_3432.jpg

DSC_3433.jpg

DSC_3435.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

DSC_3434.jpg

DSC_3437.jpg

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Completely emptied out the trunk (including the subs) to get some measurements to build a rear cargo organizer. Not sure if I'm going to get to building today or if it's going to be tomorrow, but we'll see :biggrin:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
cody_s said:
Completely emptied out the trunk (including the subs) to get some measurements to build a rear cargo organizer. Not sure if I'm going to get to building today or if it's going to be tomorrow, but we'll see :biggrin:

Guy over on trailvoy built a really nice one with pictures this weekend, and made it removable. Pretty slick really.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Is that a chunk of your belt?

Nope, strips of rubber cut off of a 6" x 6" sheet I bought at Lowes.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah I want to build one now too. I'm thinking of a cargo drawer/sub box combo unit that is easily unplugged and removed for when I'm hauling large things :undecided:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Finally gave it a bath and clicked over 75K on the odometer. The baby is getting old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online