What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
TexazReece said:
Love that setup Mike. Still has the option to use the cargo area if needed, simply awesome. I like the suede lined headliner too, :cool:

Thanks man, yea I have to have the option to be able to throw stuff back there.
The headliner was one of the first things I had done.....chicks dig it :cool:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
now thats something different and unique Mike... i like it!!! :thumbsup:

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
At such a young age starting to lose vision while driving at night. :sadcry: so I'm going for maximum light output. Switched to 5000k 35 bulbs and 3000k fogs. Can anyone help me or explain how to align the fogs?

Attachments

• image-564780013.jpg
    image-564780013.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 17

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Just finished giving buddy and good scrub, inside and out. He's been neglected for a couple weeks so it was time. Finished up in the dark. Time for a cruse.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
mubai said:
I get this done almost once a year. :redface:

View attachment 8726

I had about 4 chip repairs on mine. About 2 months ago I got hit by a really big rock :crazy:(not a gravel hauler in sight) :confused:which developed into a 6" crack the next day, so I got mine replaced.

But my real news... yesterday I installed new towing mirrors (well really I only got one installed so far, but that's not important):biggrin:
http://gmtnation.com/f73/towing-mirrors-3886/#post89324

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
kjkim93 said:
At such a young age starting to lose vision while driving at night. :sadcry: so I'm going for maximum light output. Switched to 5000k 35 bulbs and 3000k fogs. Can anyone help me or explain how to align the fogs?

Yes, it's a pain in the arse! You have to get under the truck and feel for the adjustment screw inside the fog light bracket. IIRC it's about a 7mm open ender. You might be able to lift your head enough to see it using a flashlight. (torch, for those that speak proper! :raspberry:)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Attacked the 4 grounds in the engine bay with the dremel and a grinding bit. Cleaned up the grounds themselves and took the paint off where they sit. At this stage, my headlights and fogs aren't randomly blinking on and off and the voltage needle is not wavering anymore.

When I have time, I'm going to do the ones on the frame.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
You might be able to lift your head enough to see it using a flashlight. (torch, for those that speak proper! :raspberry:)

That's if he could find the torch in the boot! :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Changed the PS fluid using the turkey baster method. What a royal pain in the ass that was, 4oz at a time and then keep adding clean fluid to mix with the dirty fluid :confused: . It did get rid if the weird feeling when turning the wheel. Next time the hoses are coming off and it gonna be done properly...

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Deciding if I should go back to stock color rims, decisions, decisions.

Attachments

• IMG_20120823_094608.jpg
    IMG_20120823_094608.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 17

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Canary2323 said:
Deciding if I should go back to stock color rims, decisions, decisions.

I vote chrome shiny rims :thumbsup:

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
That is a tough one. The black rims go with the theme, "all blacked out." The chromes do make the truck pop!

So, yes, I'm of no help. :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The front looks good and the rear looks like a spare.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Like the front chrome with blacked out lugs & center cap. :thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I went and picked up a table for my parents so I had to put the seats down to make it fit. I am always impressed by the room in these trucks.

aefd40e7-33ff-fbf1.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Bullshit. Black looks ghetto.

It's all a matter of taste. Chrome can be far more ghetto

donk.jpg

OK that's not the chrome making that car ghetto, but you get the point.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
It's all a matter of taste. Chrome can be far more ghetto

donk.jpg

OK that's not the chrome making that car ghetto, but you get the point.

No. I dont get it. That is too large of rims not the chrome. Piss poor support for your argument. You even acknowledge its not the chrome....Fail.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
That would be nice if it had the oem wheels and nice paint job. Hate those damn cars with 50" wheels and a damn lift kit. Look stupid as hell!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
No. I dont get it. That is too large of rims not the chrome. Piss poor support for your argument. You even acknowledge its not the chrome....Fail.

How about this, some of us just don't like the look of chrome so we choose black or other options. IMO your black chrome rims look much better than the chrome rims you have now because they are not straight chrome. IMO chrome is for old school muscle cars or donks (not my choice in cars, but whatever) or lowriders. I understand you don't like black rims, so we'll never see them on your truck (or any of your other vehicles) but IMO black rims usually look better on our trucks. If it makes you feel better, I agree that black rims wouldn't work well with your truck.

I think we shou just agree that some people like chrome, some prefer black and to quote you "Life is too short and beer tastes too good."

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Finally picked up a set of Silverstar Ultras for the highs and installed. RainX all the glass. Wiper arms were pitted and looking worn, so they came off and got a couple fresh coats.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Went to pick up herculiner, had to be ordered through partsource, just waiting on some xylene from homehardware

Cant wait to paint:

66D76509-orig.jpg

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
I got an alignment because my fronts were wearing too much on the inside. I also got them rotated.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Nothing, Lazy today. Did a google search this morning for "GMT Chevy Trailblazer" and seventh link down was this thread. Movin' on up!

View attachment 22464

Attachments

• GMTsearch.jpg
    GMTsearch.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 94

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Gave the SS a much needed bath today. Did pretty good at hauling all the stuff to and from the aptmnt to our new house. I love my SS.. the only part I hate are the hard water stains. What a pain. Black looks sexy when wahed and freshly waxed (like I did last week). But inbetween washes black sucks!! And I feel too tired and lazy from moving.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Washed her last night before heading out to a party...

View attachment 22468.jpg]

And took her in to check out the front brakes - they were squeaking a bit - and for a much needed oil change...

View attachment 22469.jpg]

Apparently the clowns I took it to previously used the wrong filter - they used the one for a 2007... not sure if there's any difference, but it's a bit unsettling nonetheless... :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_3185[1].jpg
    IMG_3185[1].jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3189[1].jpg
    IMG_3189[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members