What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I built a bracket to attach to my roof rack to secure the shovel and axe to it. Amazingly, I didn't have any complaints from the neighbors even though I was pounding out the metal at 11pm Friday night. :thumbsup:

DSC_3439.jpg

DSC_3432.jpg

DSC_3433.jpg

DSC_3435.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

DSC_3434.jpg

DSC_3437.jpg

Looks great. I need to do somethng similar but my outer bars require some change to that design. Did get lean-to/tool area closed in yesterday so when ya come down next we will have a good place to work.

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Had my keyless system and push to start installed, I Fucking love it (excuse the language) :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20120814_080017.jpg
    IMG_20120814_080017.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 25

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Canary2323 said:
Had my keyless system and push to start installed, I Fucking love it (excuse the language) :smile:

Looks great! More information would be good also.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Canary2323 said:

Wish I had one of those, then if it don't wanna start :hissyfit: I could just keep giving the finger! :rotfl: ...

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Plasti-dipped my fender flares and washed/clay bar most of the truck butttttt now its raining. Go figure - alwell. Didnt get to wax or ICE it yet but heres some pics.

before: After using trim restore a few times it looks great but im to lazy to keep doing that.
IMG_2925.jpg

After: Newly plasti-dipped
IMG_1088.jpg

Shine on my truck - not bad for being a 10yo DD. (Im aware my grass needs cutting, was the plan before it started to rain)
IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Got bored with the plasti dip... Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_20120816_102403.jpg
    IMG_20120816_102403.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20120816_102337.jpg
    IMG_20120816_102337.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Looks good. They need to be bigger,IMO.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Canary2323 said:

These aren't my cup of tea. Guess I just don't get it. Looks like the hood is held down with ratchet straps. That's just me though.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
My horn sporadically works so I decided I would check all my grounds and check my fuses. There were a few grounds that were extremely loss so those go tightened up and my fuses looked good but replaced then anyway since I had new ones just in case. So far so good, I'll continue to keep an eye on it. Can't afford to have a horn that doesn't work work properly, blow my horn at ass holes on the road has save me from accidents quite a few times.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
07 TB RIDER said:
My horn sporadically works so I decided I would check all my grounds and check my fuses. There were a few grounds that were extremely loss so those go tightened up and my fuses looked good but replaced then anyway since I had new ones just in case. So far so good, I'll continue to keep an eye on it. Can't afford to have a horn that doesn't work work properly, blow my horn at ass holes on the road has save me from accidents quite a few times.

2 words, TRAIN HORN!! :biggrin: :cool: :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Canary2323 said:

They add some accent to ur ride...the front one could be wider but overall add a little style and color. I like..

cxkali

Jan 20, 2012
Spent some of my day with HARDTRAILZ yesterday and put some rear springs and shocks and a new clutch fan on the envoy everything turned out great and looks awesome.

P.S Thanks HARDTRAILZ

Pictures coming soon.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the rear diff fluid changed too. Once you get the lift we can do the front too.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
2 words, TRAIN HORN!! :biggrin: :cool: :thumbsup:
All it takes is one weekend at the Carlise ATNs to make you never want to hear another train horn again. :no:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
BO TIE SS said:
All it takes is one weekend at the Carlise ATNs to make you never want to hear another train horn again. :no:

:laugh: Maybe one day if I'm lucky enough to join you guys for it, I'll get to understand your point of view :yes:
wish.gif

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
Had a hell of a time with the suburban that had a flat and the damn spare tire carrier froze up after 3 inches of coming down i had to wiggle myself under there and try to free it no luck .... had to cut a socket and a ratchet to get in there and take it down :hissyfit: then saw a crap load of rust on the frame so needless to say i had to strip sand and paint then under coat ........ gmpartsdorect has awesome prices for replacement parts :biggrin: no i sleep so i got back to work :crazy:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I bought new plugs way back in December 2011, at 129000 miles. And now 8 months later, with 154000 miles, figured it's time to finally get them installed! :redface: Thanks to MAY03LT for the wonderful (and fun:rotfl:) video, dispelled my apprehension about the last plug in the back... and WOW, what a refreshing increase of power! :wootwoot:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wishbone said:
I bought new plugs way back in December 2011, at 129000 miles. And now 8 months later, with 154000 miles, figured it's time to finally get them installed! :redface: Thanks to MAY03LT for the wonderful (and fun:rotfl:) video, dispelled my apprehension about the last plug in the back... and WOW, what a refreshing increase of power! :wootwoot:

It's never a good idea to rush into anything. :rotfl:

I have a back-up camera sitting on the shelf in my basement. I bought it about 3 years ago. I'm still doing studies.

gr82bCanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Fixed the recline on the passengers side seat......

My daughter, after countless times of telling her to "quit playing with the seats/power windows, you can't afford to fix it", it finally happened....the seat fully reclined, seatbelt locked AND seat would NOT go to upright position, we could here the motor making noise but no movement :hissyfit: So stopped at my trusty mechanic but not something he was comfortable dealing with and I would have to go to a dealership.....hell no....they would probably blame it on my Remote Start again (that's a whole other story). Finished off the errand for the day with my daughter and my mom in the back seat.....
So had a real good look under the seat this morning, unbolted the seat from the floor and lifted it up to see what might be the problem....The motor under the seat that operates the recline fell off its mount thus pulling out the cable that runs the gears for the recline, found where the cable goes, plugged the cable end back in and re-mounted the the motor with bigger washers and all runs as it should :wootwoot:
My daughter was super relieved because this mom was pretty mad, lesson learned for her, though, she won't play around with the seats/windows anymore (or she better not), cheap fix for mom this time :biggrin:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Got my truck back today from the local car audio place. They had it since last WED morning.
Got new red and blue strobes for the heads and tails. They did a relay so I can kick em on with my alarm remote as well.
Put a Stinger Voltmeter (wrapped in black suede) in the Dash where the round TrailBlazer disc was (i.e. where the 4x4 controls would be).
In the hatch, they did a custom pod (wrapped in black suede) over each side window, a Type-R 8" sub and a Type-R 6.5" co-ax in each side pod.
Rebuilt my amp rack, wrapped in black sueded, adding in a PDX-F4, with red LED lighting.
Oh, and Type-X tweets to fill in the blanks in the dash.
They also hooked me up with the headlight-chime module, not sure whatever happened to mine over the years.
Very Impressed!

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I cleaned and re-oiled my K&N filter. Then I took off the heat shield and reinstalled the factory air box lid.I left the CAI tube on it. It will be interesting to see if anything changes performance wise.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
mikeinDE said:
Got my truck back today from the local car audio place. They had it since last WED morning.
Got new red and blue strobes for the heads and tails. They did a relay so I can kick em on with my alarm remote as well.
Put a Stinger Voltmeter (wrapped in black suede) in the Dash where the round TrailBlazer disc was (i.e. where the 4x4 controls would be).
In the hatch, they did a custom pod (wrapped in black suede) over each side window, a Type-R 8" sub and a Type-R 6.5" co-ax in each side pod.
Rebuilt my amp rack, wrapped in black sueded, adding in a PDX-F4, with red LED lighting.
They also hooked me up with the headlight-chime module, not sure whatever happened to mine over the years.
Very Impressed!

:confused: Umm Mike....

no-pics.gif

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:confused: Umm Mike....

no-pics.gif

I know I know :redface: I was thinking someone would say that. I had to clean up after I picked it up (I have extreme OCD so I had to do my little clean ups) Then I came to work. So there was no time for any but I will get some pics up sometime soon :raspberry: But be forewarned they will be my usual cell phone pics, can't guarantee good quality.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
mikeinDE said:
Very Impressed!

Good luck with the pigs!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:
Those "stay back" signs exist the backs of dump trucks for a reason :tongue:

As do the laws about having your load secured.

Its way worse when you have a small car, in the low-sitting cars like Corollas and Civics, everything coming off other vehicles tires is already at windshield height. At 80mph on I-93 in Boston, a truck in front of me lost 10-20 4x8 sheets of plywood. Each one flipped in the air one after the other. My only choice was to hug his bumper and watch them fly over me. Best part was the Freightliner behind me blowing through them like Optimus Prime. Had I not been right in front of him it was straight up badass

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
SBUBandit said:
As do the laws about having your load secured.

Its way worse when you have a small car, in the low-sitting cars like Corollas and Civics, everything coming off other vehicles tires is already at windshield height. At 80mph on I-93 in Boston, a truck in front of me lost 10-20 4x8 sheets of plywood. Each one flipped in the air one after the other. My only choice was to hug his bumper and watch them fly over me. Best part was the Freightliner behind me blowing through them like Optimus Prime. Had I not been right in front of him it was straight up badass

Is this secure enough?

RsfTT.png

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
mikeinDE said:
Very Impressed!

Pics or u kno what comes next....Nevermind Carlton said it

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654395.423465.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654395.423465.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654435.709102.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654435.709102.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 15
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654474.747226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654474.747226.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654513.111825.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654513.111825.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654551.625295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654551.625295.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654592.275128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654592.275128.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654631.557512.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345654631.557512.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 14

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When you said "over each side window", that was one of the configurations that popped into my head. I guess an appropriate caption would be "Cargo area windows? I don't need no stinking cargo area windows!" :rotfl: Any idea how they mounted them? :undecided: I think having those up there would make me go really slow over speed bumps at first :banghead:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Blckshdw said:
When you said "over each side window", that was one of the configurations that popped into my head. I guess an appropriate caption would be "Cargo area windows? I don't need no stinking cargo area windows!" :rotfl: Any idea how they mounted them? :undecided: I think having those up there would make me go really slow over speed bumps at first :banghead:

"Cargo area windows? I don't need no stinking cargo area windows!" ----Love it :rotfl: But check out my garage, I had already had those windows wrapped in some vinyl with a lightning theme anyways, so no loss there.

I have to go back on FRI to follow up on something, If I remember I will ask him about how they are mounted :thumbsup:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Got the CPAS Bolt out!! After the bolt head broke off yesterday!!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Love that setup Mike. Still has the option to use the cargo area if needed, simply awesome. I like the suede lined headliner too, :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gryphin

Members Online