What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Gave it to my sister. Shes gonna drive the TB for the summer and I got her Neon. Have a good bit of driving to do for work for the summer (training within the division for a new program rollout) and her mileage is much better. She lives less than 3 miles from work. Mileage reimbursement will be the same no matter what car I drive - so mine as well driver hers and get more money pocketed. 30mpg is much better than 16-18ish. Just have to suffer through driving a purple Neon :frown:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
mapanch said:
Gave it to my sister. Shes gonna drive the TB for the summer and I got her Neon. Have a good bit of driving to do for work for the summer (training within the division for a new program rollout) and her mileage is much better. She lives less than 3 miles from work. Mileage reimbursement will be the same no matter what car I drive - so mine as well driver hers and get more money pocketed. 30mpg is much better than 16-18ish. Just have to suffer through driving a purple Neon :frown:

I understand your logic in terms of mileage and all but...I don't know if i could do it. You must really trust her. She's not in high school or anything is she? I wouldn't be able to stand it, i'd be worried that she'd be "drivin' like she stole it" kind of deal. :quiverlips:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
harmless said:
I decided harmless needed a little more, uh, character, so I figured I'd lightly clip the side of the garage door frame as I backed out... :hissyfit:

It's not a big boo boo, but I know it's there and it pisses me off!!

Garage door frame - 1

Harmlesss - 0.

:crazy:

Is that why you changed your picture? Studying how to rub out the scratches? :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
You can't be serious... *facepalm*
And is there any "pictoral proof" of this mishap?? Or simply hearsay? :undecided:

Very serious. Sadly. :redface: I'll get a pic up later today... was too pissed yesterday to think of that.

BINGA said:
yeah...my girfriend did that to mine a while back...not too bad, just some scuffs on the wheelwell arches...needless to say, that was the last time i let her pull it into/out of the garage

:hissyfit:

Yeah, well, I can't have myself not pull it out the garage!! The wife doesn't drive and I'll be damned if the kid does it for me!! :rotfl:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Nice avatar harmless :rotfl: :jawdrop2::pictures:

:iagree: Everytime he posts something I have to read it at least twice...then I forget what it said and have to go back and read it again :salivate: :blush:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
:iagree: Everytime he posts something I have to read it at least twice...then I forget what it said and have to go back and read it again :salivate: :blush:

What posts?

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
If this is an evil trick by Harmless to have us stop thinking about him scratching his something something when something something......wait, i need to go back and look at his last post.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Took the Voy to a gravel pit & the landfill.

7396104218_5ab97eb434_z_d.jpg

7403215052_67deebaba4_z_d.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
CanadianMike - Nice pics! :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Picked up this sweet bed cap for a whole $40. Almost time for paint.

What??? No pics!!!!! :crazy:

borretje

Jan 1, 2012
New A/C line,oil change,oilfilter,turned the tires,:yes:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Finally finished the orange on all my plastics!

Next i'm thinking the crossbar, and maybe door handles.:undecided:

Attachments

• 2012-06-20_16-31-46_380.jpg
    2012-06-20_16-31-46_380.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012-06-20_16-32-05_506.jpg
    2012-06-20_16-32-05_506.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2012-06-20_16-32-27_289.jpg
    2012-06-20_16-32-27_289.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 17

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
FlyingFischer said:

Nobody will ever confuse your truck with someone else's :wink:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Let my wife take it to work... Now the poor thing is sitting in a hot unshaded parking lot next to a :frown: Rustang and who knows what else.. Im going to have nightmares tonight of idiot drivers backing in next to it and smashing their, oh god I can't even say it... :lipsrsealed: :wowfaint::wowfaint:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
FlyingFischer said:

It looks better than I thought it would. I thought I would hate it, but it doesn't look bad at all :thumbsup:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Thanks! Wasn't sure about it when I first started, but I am loving it know.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Drove mine on an alternate route to work this morning to see if I can shorten my commute at all. Noticed one of the cars in front of me attempted Craig's mod. Doesn't quite flow as well as his does. :no: :hopeless:

FlyingFischerWannabe.jpg

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I got her a brand new windshield installed today. She got hit by a big rock on I-75 last Thursday...

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Got the TB back from paint and got my rear quarter panel and passenger door repainted. For some reason they decided not to paint the door handle and it looks like the rear bumper wasn't taken off since there is still paint flaking between the bumper and fender.
But at least now I can start on the raptor liner and rock sliders.
BEFORE

AFTER

Paint doesn't exactly match in direct sunlight on the rear door but can't really blame for that I guess.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would not be happy with that paint. Was it insurance or personal expense?

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I would not be happy with that paint. Was it insurance or personal expense?

Personal expense done at my local ford dealer since my friends dad works in the body shop there. Unfortunately he went to Vegas for the week, but gets home tomorrow so I'm going to go see what he thinks about it.
Door handle defiantly needs to be painted, I think I can work with the paint flaking since its going to be covered with the liner but I'm still not too happy about it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah I would deff do something about that! Good luck man!

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
The flaking looks terrible. However, most typical re-paints will show up in bright sunlight. This is also common with re-paints of metallics, which can be hard to match/blend.

The sheen of the old paint vs. new is probably very slightly different too. Let the new paint cure for a couple of weeks, then polish the entire car with something mild such as Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze and top with the wax or sealant of your choice. That should help a little with the color/sheen variation.

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
strat81 said:
The flaking looks terrible. However, most typical re-paints will show up in bright sunlight. This is also common with re-paints of metallics, which can be hard to match/blend.

The sheen of the old paint vs. new is probably very slightly different too. Let the new paint cure for a couple of weeks, then polish the entire car with something mild such as Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze and top with the wax or sealant of your choice. That should help a little with the color/sheen variation.

Yeah that's why I wasn't too surprised since its Graystone Metallic. I think all the flaking will be covered up by liner but there are 2 spots I'm wondering about on that lip towards the tail light that haven't began to flake yet.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
didn't think putting in a new battery would make more power but holy shit!!! Bought my SS and battery was only getting 440 cca. Bought a new one from oreilly (ever start brand 850 cca) and wow what a difference. Called regulator and asked him if this made any since. Well must not be putting as much strain on the altenator to charge the battery like on the old one. Makes sense to me.

Oh and I bought some trico wiper blades too. (Nothing gained) lol but thas what I did today..new battery and new blades.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
True that ^^^ but man what a night and day diiference. SS's are known for hard shifts mostly 1st to 2nd. Mine was doing that and no more. Geeesh learn shit every day.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Kuchar09 said:
Got the TB back from paint and got my rear quarter panel and passenger door repainted. For some reason they decided not to paint the door handle and it looks like the rear bumper wasn't taken off since there is still paint flaking between the bumper and fender.
But at least now I can start on the raptor liner and rock sliders.

Not neccesarily a lifted guy myself, but damn that front bumper looks good! The detail in following the lines of the vehicle is spot on. Sucks about ur paint though, Did you at least get a "buddy's dad discount" or did a different shop do the work?

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
BINGA said:
Not neccesarily a lifted guy myself, but damn that front bumper looks good! The detail in following the lines of the vehicle is spot on. Sucks about ur paint though, Did you at least get a "buddy's dad discount" or did a different shop do the work?

Unfortunately not but I wouldn't have my hood cowl if it wasn't for him helping me with insurance stuff. I've went there both times because he does stuff the right way and I want him to do my work, but every time I make an appointment it ends up being the week he takes off!! :banghead:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Nice avatar harmless :rotfl: :jawdrop2::pictures:

BINGA said:

Hatchet said:
What posts?

Uncle Blazer said:
If this is an evil trick by Harmless to have us stop thinking about him scratching his something something when something something......wait, i need to go back and look at his last post.

You guys are freggin hilarious!!!

:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 26

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
suburbs said:
About 5/8ths of a quart of herculiner to cover all exterior gray trim. The girlfriend's height requires running boards stay. Living on a dirt road + drought + gusts of 40mpg = dusty finish before I could get in any dust free pictures.

Couple of befores:
View attachment 7631
View attachment 7632

Afters:
View attachment 7633
View attachment 7634

Damn...gusts of 40mpg? Wish my GMT got gusts of 40mpg, the most i can manage is about 18 :biggrin: Just playin'. Looks pretty good though man :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online