What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
BINGA said:
Damn...gusts of 40mpg? Wish my GMT got gusts of 40mpg, the most i can manage is about 18 :biggrin: Just playin'. Looks pretty good though man :thumbsup:

Driving into town, gusts of 40+ mpg. Driving home from town...constant 6-10 mpg.

andrew4321

Jan 28, 2012
Today I was able to find the time to remove the front license plate holder, fix the rattling of a loose screw on my roof rack! Finally the thing i'm most excited about is removing my radio antenna and adding one that is concealed in the window weatherstripping.:wootwoot:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
trying to talk the wifey into us taking the TB on our trip out Dayton, OH next weekend. blah blah blah gas milage blah blah blah mini van. 500 miles of Trailblazin.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
FlyingFischer said:
Finally finished the orange on all my plastics!

Next i'm thinking the crossbar, and maybe door handles.:undecided:

Gotta ask, is that your sweet garage your taking pics from or is that a buddy's shop or something? I'd kill to have a place like that to do all my work on my vehicles.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Hauled mulch in it yesterday after work. Met up with Josh, Juan and a bunch of Mazda guys for some frozen yogurt with the family...didn't know they made a diesel version of the SS. :raspberry::rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Matt said:
Met up with Josh, Juan and a bunch of Mazda guys for some frozen yogurt with the family...didn't know they made a diesel version of the SS. :raspberry::rotfl:

:hissyfit::mad::hissyfit::mad::hissyfit::mad::hissyfit::mad:....... :rotfl:
are you making fun of my new motor!!!! :raspberry:

and here is proof of said gathering for yogurt...
2012-06-22204314.jpg

2012-06-22204528.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Half-ass detailed my truck for a car show regulator and I are attending. While detailing decided to rip off the chevy bow tie on the back end.
43eccd34-1753-3950.jpg

Also I detailed the engine bay
43eccd34-177c-9770.jpg

Shots of the truck
43eccd34-17ad-4239.jpg

More shots
43eccd34-17ce-050e.jpg

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I actually (and finally) washed harmless today. I'll be doing a full paint treatment later this month hopefully... just gotta get a few things in line first...

AND I removed the old pin striping (it was tearing in a few places). So Imma gonna replace that either tomorrow or later this week.

animal

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
I actually (and finally) washed harmless today. I'll be doing a full paint treatment later this month hopefully... just gotta get a few things in line first...

AND I removed the old pin striping (it was tearing in a few places). So Imma gonna replace that either tomorrow or later this week.

Hey BFF PICS or it didn't happen:raspberry:

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011
I soldered 4 wires and covered with some techflex. Swapped out a run of 2/0 that was going to my starter for a piece of 4 gauge wire. A little more appropriate size :biggrin:

I also had a top level conversation about what wiring we are going to attempt to finish next weekend. Next weekend may include wiring, welding and final install of new air bags and hardware. Maybe even a test air up and down.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Boricua SS said:

Hey man, do you have any more shots of that spoiler? I assume its the GM-branded one right? I saw a pic of a sweet spoiler on a concept trailblazer a few years back, on the OS somewhere, but have not seen any aftermarket one other than the one you got and a POS one you occasionally see on ebay. Wish i knew someone who can work with fiberglass and could custom make a piece that blends into the top of the liftgate and extends outwards, "similar" to Range Rover Sport style...but alas, no luck. Anyways, kinda went on a tangent there, but you think you could take some more shots of that one for me?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BINGA said:
Hey man, do you have any more shots of that spoiler? I assume its the GM-branded one right? I saw a pic of a sweet spoiler on a concept trailblazer a few years back, on the OS somewhere, but have not seen any aftermarket one other than the one you got and a POS one you occasionally see on ebay. Wish i knew someone who can work with fiberglass and could custom make a piece that blends into the top of the liftgate and extends outwards, "similar" to Range Rover Sport style...but alas, no luck. Anyways, kinda went on a tangent there, but you think you could take some more shots of that one for me?

I think this is the one Juan has

[EBAY]350542225805[/EBAY]

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Shorty, I think you may be right... I'd still like to see some more close up pics :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'll go take some shots now.. afterall, it is just in my garage :crackup:

But as far as I know, it is a GM accessory, but it came on the truck when I bought it, and they are no longer produced..(from GM at least) I can't see the ebay link as I'm on tapatalk right now, but when I load up the pix here in a few min.utes, I'll look at the link..

edit: BINGA, you have a PM... and i looked at the ebay link... and yea, that looks like thats the part... good find Shawn...

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Oil change - switched to synthetic. Cleaned up the rear rotors, knocked the rust off them. Removed the spare tire winch, total right off busted open. Sprayed a bit of asphalt undercoat.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Hobby said:
I soldered 4 wires and covered with some techflex. Swapped out a run of 2/0 that was going to my starter for a piece of 4 gauge wire. A little more appropriate size :biggrin:

I also had a top level conversation about what wiring we are going to attempt to finish next weekend. Next weekend may include wiring, welding and final install of new air bags and hardware. Maybe even a test air up and down.

I got chased by a wasp during said conversation:rotfl:

RavenWolf

May 28, 2012
Oil change w/ filter. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Weirdest part was that I had to use an oil filter wrench to break the filter loose...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
RavenWolf said:
Oil change w/ filter. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Weirdest part was that I had to use an oil filter wrench to break the filter loose...

Why is that weird?

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
well today i had some very bad luck. I blew up my drivers side front hub and blew out the lower balljont on the passenger side :sadcry: so no more driving it until it gets fixed so parts are ordered and on there way.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Replaced the spark plugs and O2 sensor , next on list is the t-stat and rad flush and the temp sensor.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Hopefully purchased everything I need to get the body straightened out and ready for paint.

I was helping my brother look for a new ride yesterday when I came across an 07 Trailblazer LS. I looked st the details so I could offer my recommendation to him when I noticed it is outfitted with the 5.3! Now, I haven't seen an SWB TB with that motor around here ever. It has 130k, but the dealer only wants $8000 for it. The wife thinks I should stick with the S10 and see the project through...but it is soooo tempting.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Hopefully purchased everything I need to get the body straightened out and ready for paint.

I was helping my brother look for a new ride yesterday when I came across an 07 Trailblazer LS. I looked st the details so I could offer my recommendation to him when I noticed it is outfitted with the 5.3! Now, I haven't seen an SWB TB with that motor around here ever. It has 130k, but the dealer only wants $8000 for it. The wife thinks I should stick with the S10 and see the project through...but it is soooo tempting.

Never ridden in a SWB w the 5.3 v8. I'm curious about the seat-of-the-pants difference. I know 8k ain't chump change, but i say go for it! :yes:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
GO FOR IT! Do the S10 project down the road.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Got a new set of wipers for the truck. Thanks for the heads up on the sale Jimmy.

Let me know how well those perform because I have rainx ones right now and they are good for so long.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Sorry I didn't realize that post was so old, using tapatalk for the first time and prob the last. I don't like it that much!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Fire06 said:
As they say it is only money... And we can spend yours with no problems :raspberry::raspberry:

That's the fun part :crackup:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Installed two new strongarm struts on the lifegate. Wash and wax. Washed under the good as well, not a full detail, just some simple green and a spray.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
bigytwotone said:
nope out on the open highway. I was driving to oliver a town near me and both just blew

Damn. That's some crazy sh..... obviously you're ok so that's good. I'm wondering if your next "mod" is going to be removing the brown from your driver's seat...

:undecided:

Seriously though, do you have any indication what the hell happened to cause such a failure? Any aftermarket mods to your suspension that failed that others might want to be aware of?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
I as well. There were 7 left when I ordered, only 1 though, not a pair.

Yeah I only got one, there were 6 when I went to put the order, now only 5 left. All 5 star reviews for it also :yes:

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Installed two new strongarm struts on the lifegate. Wash and wax. Washed under the good as well, not a full detail, just some simple green and a spray.

Regular Simple Green is harmful to aluminum. Stick with Simple Green Pro HD or Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner for applications where you'll be working with aluminum.

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
BINGA said:
Damn. That's some crazy sh..... obviously you're ok so that's good. I'm wondering if your next "mod" is going to be removing the brown from your driver's seat...

:undecided:

Seriously though, do you have any indication what the hell happened to cause such a failure? Any aftermarket mods to your suspension that failed that others might want to be aware of?

there was zero warning of this i was driving on a strait stretch of highway and was picking up speed to pass and BAM a loud nose and i lost all control of the truck i couldn't get it to go where i wanted so i slammed the breaks and skidded to a stop in the middle of the highway. I have no mods done to my suspension so all is stock. my biggest issue is that all of my ball joints where replaced just before i bought the truck in Jan 2011 and i have replace all the drives side already but now it need both on the passenger side and the drivers side front hub. i will grab photos of the skids when i get out there next time and when get my truck back from the shop that is investigating my parts to see if i can go after the manufactures i will take pic's of the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtEater73

Members Online