What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
am I understanding this correctly? "cures" flicker of HIDs and "prevents" the known issue of only one headlight occasionally coming on with DRL?

Yupp it should and says it will run your DRL's/perimeter lights at the full 12V 100% power and the buzzing goes away. Just a simple plug and play two min job and all the reviews on there says it does what it should and the reviews has people with tbs and envoys. so I said why not lets give it a shot I mean it was $10+ shipping so not a huge investment if it happens to not work right

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Porkins said:
GO FOR IT! Do the S10 project down the road.

jrSS said:
I agree ^^

Fire06 said:
As they say it is only money... And we can spend yours with no problems :raspberry::raspberry:

With this as an option that I am considering, I would probably sell the s10 and use the money to lower my payment or to start in on the mods. I am no stranger to being talked into spending money I don't have by you people.:biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Now just sayin...I was lurking on ssowners and found an SS for sell with 146000 miles for $9900. I wouod love to put an attachment on here for ya put tapatalk limited here. It was the red jewel.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Yesterday...changed the drivers side hub and checked the passengers. I do believe that I have fixed the noise issue. 1 1/2 hours to remove and replace both and then test drive...I'm getting good at that! :biggrin:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I only got one, there were 6 when I went to put the order, now only 5 left. All 5 star reviews for it also :yes:

Now only 4 left...:biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i just paid for my first speeding ticket in the beaSSt :rotfl::crackup:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
I used the Voy like a steamroller after spreading crushed rock on the driveway.

7442232230_f7baa6c788_z_d.jpg

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
It was quite a weekend for the Rainier.

Saturday morning it had the resonator cut off and a polished tip put on. $65 OTD. I couldn't buy the parts for less than that. I sprayed the new pipe (not the tip) with some high-temp paint to stave off corrosion. The sound is much better (bear in mind I have the V8). It passes the wife test. From inside the vehicle, at highway speeds, there's no noticeable change in volume or tone - there's plenty of wind and tire noise to block it out. From outside, standing next to it, it's slightly louder and certainly deeper. The increase in volume is minimal - certainly not at the level of typical aftermarket exhausts. It won't bother my neighbors or attract the attention of the cops. This was done mainly for aesthetics. The extra bit of chrome on the rear end looks nice.

Sunday afternoon it was washed with Optimum No Rinse, polished with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, and then topped it with Klasse All-In-One acrylic sealant.

I don't know why UC is called a compound, since it's not like any other compound I have used or seen. It's not very aggressive and it seems comparable to Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze in terms of cut, and final finish.

It's not necessarily a bad product, just weak. Or, perhaps a better way to say it would be that the name is misleading. It did well on swirls, but some deeper scratches were unaffected. The scratches in the door handles from the prior owner's finger nails were lessened slightly but not completely removed. It also didn't do much for etching, nor did it effect orange peel. It was applied with a Porter Cable 7424 set to 5 on a white Lake Country polishing pad, moving at about 1 inch per second. The worst part of UC is that it smells like cinnamon gum. I *hate* the smell of cinnamon gum.

As a consumer product, I suppose UC is fine. It seems like a very safe product to use. It removed easily with a microfiber towel and is able to be applied by hand as well. It left a smooth, glossy finish that was ready for a glaze ("pure polish") or last step product (wax or sealant).

I also tried a new-to-me car wash soap called Optimum No Rinse. It's a rinseless car wash - you wipe the surface like usual, but then you dry it immediately. No rinsing (hence the name) necessary. The ONR exceeded my expectations. No marring, excellent shine, and the surface was clean. It even has a pleasant smell, almost like berry or maybe bubblegum. I decided to try it since I have issues with water spots because water dries so quickly on the black paint and I have no shade in my driveway. With the ONR, I can wash in the garage since it uses minimal water. I mixed according to the label instructions - two gallons of water and 1 ounce of ONR. I was left with well over a gallon of solution, so this will prove to be economical too.

ONR looks to be an excellent product, but do your research before using it. It is not for heavily soiled surfaces (sorry Roadie!). It's reportedly temperamental about how it's mixed - too much can cause streaking. You also need clean MF towels to wipe down the surface. I used one towel per panel, except for the tailgate and hood which got two each. The ONR worked well as there was very little dirt on most of the MF towels when drying.

The ONR will come in handy in colder weather when I can use warm tap water.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i just paid for my first speeding ticket in the beaSSt :rotfl::crackup:

Looks like we need to have a sit down and have a serious talk with the beaSSt about breaking the rules lol or should we be talking to u for making her break the rules :eek::raspberry::rotfl:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Got a pleasant surprise today when my fuel pump got here.

This sender-less pump:

c67e9137.jpg

Came with a sender!:wootwoot:

79c29371.jpg

There isn't anything wrong with the sender in mine, so not getting one wasn't a big deal. One less thing to do come install day.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Got a pleasant surprise today when my fuel pump got here.

This sender-less pump:

c67e9137.jpg

Came with a sender!:wootwoot:

79c29371.jpg

There isn't anything wrong with the sender in mine, so not getting one wasn't a big deal. One less thing to do come install day.

Cool. Hope you are going to make a video, I need to change mine sometime. If you want I will donate my TB and you can do the work while I film for you. :smile:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Porkins you bring your truck over and I will do it for you so you can film it :wootwoot::wootwoot: You bring the beer for when the job is done though:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
So I went ahead and bought her some new legs to go with em...

View attachment 21553

What you guys think?

Attachments

• Quarter View Profile w Mountains.jpg
    Quarter View Profile w Mountains.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Front Angle View.jpg
    Front Angle View.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Front Wheel Close Up.jpg
    Front Wheel Close Up.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 38
  • Side View Close.jpg
    Side View Close.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Side View Far.jpg
    Side View Far.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 7

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Took my dog in to get her nails clipped. Then spent 20 minutes cleaning dog spit and nose prints off the back Windows. :duh:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
Looks like we need to have a sit down and have a serious talk with the beaSSt about breaking the rules lol or should we be talking to u for making her break the rules :eek::raspberry::rotfl:

yeeea.... that would be me being involved in some activities that i dont think are allowed to be discussed on this forum hint hint... :crackup:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fire06 said:
You did not mention the time spent vacuuming up the dog hair

That's a job for another day. I don't sit back there and once the seats are back in place, the hair doesn't show. :rotfl:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Porkins said:
Cool. Hope you are going to make a video, I need to change mine sometime. If you want I will donate my TB and you can do the work while I film for you. :smile:

Sure am!:yes:

Bring it on up, I'm always looking for repairs to film.:biggrin:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Gave my baby a bath.
Then took care of that pesky leaking cowl/hood seal... It wont leak on my engine anymore and its stiffer now so I seals against the hood better... YAY!

nuclearnavajo

Jun 24, 2012
Wet Sand and buff out some scratches that were bugging me. Changed the oil and filter. Got rid of the air springs and replaced with Z71's. Then got a P0014 and P1345 code on the test drive of my new springs.:suicide: So I replaced the Cam Position Sensor and cleaned the Cam Actuator Solenoid, DTC went away. We shall see. Love the ride on the new springs though! Got rid of a lot of body sway.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
McGMT said:
Gave my baby a bath.
Then took care of that pesky leaking cowl/hood seal... It wont leak on my engine anymore and its stiffer now so I seals against the hood better... YAY!

I need to do that so rain stops drowning #6 and rusting my coil :crazy:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Found out I need to replace my drivers side outer tie rod end. 102k on the OEM, so I'm going to replace both sides with AC Delco's from Rock Auto for $37 each...beats the local parts store price of $93 for Moogs.

Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• 2012-06-27_11-50-21_303.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-50-21_303.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-06-27_11-32-03_521.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-32-03_521.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-06-27_11-33-45_527.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-33-45_527.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2012-06-27_11-50-26_858.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-50-26_858.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
I put a Mossy Oak decal on my windshield because decals add horse power:raspberry:. I'll try and get some pics posted tomorrow. I also washed and waxed it yesterday, I'm not sure why as it'll be dirty again sooner than later...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
rjpoog1989 said:
I put a Mossy Oak decal on my windshield because decals add horse power:raspberry:. I'll try and get some pics posted tomorrow. I also washed and waxed it yesterday, I'm not sure why as it'll be dirty again sooner than later...

Nope only canadian vinyl adds hp....according to harmless. :rotfl:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Attempted to do a full ceramic swap on my brakes, would of worked out better if My jack wasnt a POS. It will not hold the load its pretty damn old I have had it since I was 16 its an el cheapo too. Time for a new one so Im gonna push my brakes off till Saturday when I have time to get a jack and all that good stuff just in time for 106 F! Probably do the CAI revive and tb rotate some tires around too might as well

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
just in time for 106 F!

that heat wave is hitting Ohio too... forecasters are calling for 100* tomorrow as well... will it happen?? i doubt it... but they say at least upper 90's tomorrow with the heat index topping over 100*... i better wake up early to get my jog in so i dont get heat exhaustion :rotfl:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Well its not today, but I think tomorrow I am gonna smoke my evap system and chase out that P0442 I have had since I bought it....

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
Sam, u get em? Put em in yet?

I was suppose to get them today but we had a huge fireworks show by our house so no mail today but I will be getting them tomorrow and will put them in :biggrin::wootwoot: now to just figure out when is the right way to plug then in since there polar lol

did you get yours yet?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Preparing her for the summer
9c2586c7.jpg

Also got an abs light today. Went away after restarting again. A sensor is failing but won't know which one Til the light is back on.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
I was suppose to get them today but we had a huge fireworks show by our house so no mail today but I will be getting them tomorrow and will put them in :biggrin::wootwoot: now to just figure out when is the right way to plug then in since there polar lol

did you get yours yet?

:confused: The postal service in your area doesn't deliver mail if there's a fireworks show? What's up with that? :weird:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:confused: The postal service in your area doesn't deliver mail if there's a fireworks show? What's up with that? :weird:

Well they close all the roads within about 2 miles around our sub due to the huge show and all because of the heavy traffic of people and our sub gets filled with cars parked including the 2 miles or so around it gets filled with parked cars as well etc etc so the mail men are not able to really get through at there time to get the mail to us (my sub). Like I mean its huge they have a concert across the street in the park and they have many many people there with bounce houses, food everything pretty cool and fun! For any of the Rochester people its the bordan park fireworks show.

kind of sucks I had to miss it due to class and all :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online