What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well waxed the front of the SS. Now I think its gonna rain. DAMN IT. Oh well. Hers a couple shots.
43eccd34-04d0-7a5a.jpg
43eccd34-04dc-d2e4.jpg
43eccd34-04e7-4b65.jpg
43eccd34-04ef-617f.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
JosueLT said:
Hauled some pretty precious cargo this morning!

Brought our daughter home from the hospital. :wootwoot:

DSC_0283.jpg

Congrats!!!!!"

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Changed the Voy's oil but forgot to take a sample for Blackstone. Rats! Still using Amsoil OE with a Wix filter. OLM was at 26% for those interested. About 6k miles. Also started cleaning the K&N. Its drying now.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
After 3+ hours, I finally got that damn safari bar on... lots of minor adjusting in order to get it to set square & flush... oy vey!! :crazy:
And yes, I did take pics, but I'm too bloody tired & sore to bother with them now - I'll have them up later tho...

Fwiw, I really like the look of it... I'm hoping that the fog / driving lights I got for it do it justice... :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got Mr Barton to modify an old bike rack to be a hitch mount and clear my rear tire.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
3c19300b.jpg

Working on the TXBlazer LED inserts. For my own reasons, I'm adding endcaps that will be siliconed to the lens. I took the "blanks" that came with the TB and cut off the ends. Dremeling them to fit.:cool:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
:rotfl: Did you gain some weight since the last time I saw you? :undecided:

Have you ever owned a standard cab s10? It is tiny.

the roadie said:
Yah, like a GMT360. :raspberry:

jrSS said:
C'mon smitty.....another 360 is in your future bud. :smile:

No more 360 for me. I had my fun. Conditions depending, I could be buying a second truck this week and taking turns tearing them both down for custom builds.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
DAMN if ur tearing the 2 down how do u go anywhere?? Walk?? Lol. Jk bud. Silvy SS would be bad ass

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
3c19300b.jpg

Working on the TXBlazer LED inserts. For my own reasons, I'm adding endcaps that will be siliconed to the lens. I took the "blanks" that came with the TB and cut off the ends. Dremeling them to fit.:cool:

That's the same thing I did :thumbsup: just to keep peace of mind that too much water won't get on there

punkdali

Jan 30, 2012
Cleaned the throttle body and replaced the plugs. On the last plug I was distracted by the oil on the threads that I had to do some searching on gmtnation. I put it the old plug back in:thumbdown:. Unfortunately I didn't inventory the work beach(bench) until I had reinstalled everything. Not sure why I did but it was a good catch since my dad had put the lawnmower plug right next to all the plugs I pulled out so I counted six plugs at first glance. :rolleyes:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
DAMN if ur tearing the 2 down how do u go anywhere?? Walk?? Lol. Jk bud. Silvy SS would be bad ass

One at a time.....Looking at a 99 s10 blazer sas project. It needs the wiring finished up and the interior reassembled. I would like to get that, finish it up, and dd it so I can move forward with the v8 swap in the p/u.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Washed it while driving down the interstate in a torrential downpour. At least it got all the bugs off from earlier this weekend :tongue:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Washed it while driving down the interstate in a torrential downpour. At least it got all the bugs off from earlier this weekend :tongue:

So you sent it my way then? Good, mine needs a bath too.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012

Attachments

• Undone.jpg
    Undone.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 10
  • My TB Coil no 3.jpg
    My TB Coil no 3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 10
  • TB back dirty.jpg
    TB back dirty.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
  • TB clean back.jpg
    TB clean back.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • TB clean front (2).jpg
    TB clean front (2).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 8

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
My pass. side headlight was getting water in somehow....so took a blow dryer dried the shit outta it and rtv siliconed the whole ouside of the housing ...hopefully that'll do the fix. If not flea bay I go. Lol.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
980820c0.jpg

Done. I can't wait for it to get dark so I can see these things in action.:wootwoot:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
CdnGMan said:
After 3+ hours, I finally got that damn safari bar on... lots of minor adjusting in order to get it to set square & flush... oy vey!! :crazy:
And yes, I did take pics, but I'm too bloody tired & sore to bother with them now - I'll have them up later tho...

Fwiw, I really like the look of it... I'm hoping that the fog / driving lights I got for it do it justice... :cool:

Ok, so now that I'm awake (and sore as hell mind you), here are a few shots from last night's safari bar install "adventure"...

Once I decided I was going to install the bar, I can say that the instructions provided by Westin absolutely suck balls.. seriously.
In laying under Canyonaro, I was faced with something that WASN'T in the instructions: some kind of protector plate of some sort... it had FWD stamped on both the right & left side... I still have no idea what it was for, but it looked like it was shielding the bottom part of the radiator & fan... :confused:
View attachment 21418

So after about 20min or so, I decided that the plate most likely needed to stay there and I should figure out how the bar bracket fits in... that process wasn't too bad considering you only have 2 brackets to deal with and while they're not stamped L or R, it's not that difficult to figure it out... :tongue:

I gotta say that after doing this install, I will looking at getting some jack stands to get that truck in the air a bit more... my arms are a bit too long and there's NO room under there as it is!!!

Now, for those of you who know me, I hate doing physical labor - which is why I'm taking Canyonaro to Stef's place... but I can say that it was highly gratifying to have done this myself:

View attachment 21420

Well, the wife was there to hold the bar while I was doing some fitting, etc, but with it being way past her bedtime, I knew I had to come up with another solution...

View attachment 21419

All in all, I was able to get the bar fitted and set up to where it looks pretty centered in terms of the licence plate, so I'm quite happy... :wootwoot:

View attachment 21421

I took a few shots this aft outside, and I like the look of the bar more now that I'm seeing it in the daylight... :thumbsup:

View attachment 21424

I'm looking forward to getting the lights mounted and wired up - by Stef of course! I bought a set of lights for it earlier in the week, but I'm not sure that I like them...

View attachment 21422

There's another set available that are black, more rugged looking, while being square-ish in appearance...
I told Stef that I'd buy them and then do a comparison side-by-side... I'll solicit your feedback as well... :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2760.jpg
    IMG_2760.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2782.jpg
    IMG_2782.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 67

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
This is a small thing, but I added fuel injector cleaner to my full tank of gas. I mention it because I was wondering if this is something y'all do regularly and how often you use it. From what I gather once every 3-4 months depending on how much the vehicle is driven is a good idea.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
IMAG0415.jpg

He wants to pick up his girlfriend who lives about 5 blocks away I get an interior cleaning. Brother's are fools

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
CdnGMan said:
View attachment 7546

There's another set available that are black, more rugged looking, while being square-ish in appearance...
I told Stef that I'd buy them and then do a comparison side-by-side... I'll solicit your feedback as well... :yes:

The one on the dr.side doesn't look like it will put out much light. :rotfl:

However, I do like the safari bar.

rjpoog1989 said:
This is a small thing, but I added fuel injector cleaner to my full tank of gas. I mention it because I was wondering if this is something y'all do regularly and how often you use it. From what I gather once every 3-4 months depending on how much the vehicle is driven is a good idea.

I add injector cleaner at every oil change.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That torrential downpour yesterday got water under my hood seal and down into the #6 spark plug well. On my way to work today it started sputtering and the SES light started flashing. Odd thing was when the cylinder would start to fire for a moment again, the SES light would stop flashing and go out completely :confused: I would have expected it to leave the SES light on and a P0306 code but I guess not. Anyway, got to the office, let the engine cool, then yanked the coils until I found #6 half full of water. The coil itself is all rusty too, so apparently its been getting some water down there for a while. Mopped out the water, cleaned up the coil, put it all back together, and it works fine now. I think I'm going to go ahead and replace the coil though since the end still has some rust on it and the O ring is all shot anyway.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Changing the oil. Removing skids n bumper for some clean up/out and pm.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
:dunce:

Also...you ever wonder what happened to that missing tool when you're done with a project?

View attachment 21436

Attachments

• Missing Mag Lite.jpg
    Missing Mag Lite.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• 2012-06-17_18-10-09_273.jpg
    2012-06-17_18-10-09_273.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2012-06-17_18-11-34_338.jpg
    2012-06-17_18-11-34_338.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012-06-17_18-11-43_154.jpg
    2012-06-17_18-11-43_154.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2012-06-17_18-09-57_539.jpg
    2012-06-17_18-09-57_539.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 12

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Those trucks are really boxy IMO...they are getting better but for the price you pay there not the nicest cars out there

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trucks look better boxy. New ones look weak compared to the squared off ones of the past. The range rover looks good as does stealing the style.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
Made an appointment to get an exhaust tip put on and the resonator cut off. I'd have preferred to have done the work myself, but I'm not set up for welding and the three friends I have with welding equipment are not set up for welding thin-walled stainless steel. Clamp-on tips are not my bag, so I'm left with little choice. (And no, "This is the perfect time to buy a TIG welder" is not an option, lest SWMBO cram said welder where the sun doesn't shine.) On the plus side, the shop is next door - I can see it from my back patio. Keeping it local. :smile:

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
as does stealing the style.

yes, I followed your lead. the look of your's was the final approval to do it...:tiphat:...:googlyeyes:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I decided harmless needed a little more, uh, character, so I figured I'd lightly clip the side of the garage door frame as I backed out... :hissyfit:

It's not a big boo boo, but I know it's there and it pisses me off!!

Garage door frame - 1

Harmlesss - 0.

:crazy:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
I decided harmless needed a little more, uh, character, so I figured I'd lightly clip the side of the garage door frame as I backed out... :hissyfit:

It's not a big boo boo, but I know it's there and it pisses me off!!

Garage door frame - 1

Harmlesss - 0.

:crazy:

You can't be serious... *facepalm*
And is there any "pictoral proof" of this mishap?? Or simply hearsay? :undecided:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
yeah...my girfriend did that to mine a while back...not too bad, just some scuffs on the wheelwell arches...needless to say, that was the last time i let her pull it into/out of the garage

:hissyfit:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Changed the spark plugs today, AC's... Found oil in the #5 hole, but its only the new clean synthetic I just put in so I would say the synth found a dirty hole and worked its way through, time to change the cover gaskets I guess... That was really easy changing those plugs though I must say, #6 wasnt even that hard and #1 was easy I guess because I have the newer style coils and the wire loom was not in the way much.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cleaned underneath and now 10 lbs lighter. Changed oil.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Had the battery and altenator tested. Battery only putting out 400 cca. So new battery it is.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Drove mine for the first time in almost a week.. met my mother at a Panera Bread for lunch..

2012-06-18134932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online