What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
TexazReece said:
Changed my vanity lighting to LED ( didnt do the passenger side lights to bright for my wife ):eek:
View attachment 7453

Any issues with the LEDs dimming yet?

Mine actually lose half there power 3/5 LEDs stay lit in mine and according to my VOM the power goes from 12.73 to 6.93 :confused:. If I unplugged the radio fuse for a little bit I get full power again then a little later it dims again (anytime of day).

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Added a Rampage 49" LED bar today.
Price @ Amazon $41.04.
Bar supports: Right turn signal, Left turn signal, Hazards, Parking/Running lights, and Reverse

Cleaned all the wax and grim off with Goof Off
View attachment 21346
Drilled a small hole in the bumper to feed the wires to the trailer harness. Accidentally made a mistake and attached the Reverse wire to the trailer harness as well, it worked but had one flaw no perimeter lighting :sadcry: simple fix unhooked the wire then attached it directly behind the right taillight reverse wire good to go :cool:.
View attachment 21347
View attachment 21348
View attachment 21349
View attachment 21350
View attachment 21351
View attachment 21352
[video=youtube;clogNX4qWpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clogNX4qWpo&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 15

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Oh I like..

(adds it to my future mods list)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
So you spit on it....:raspberry:

Almost! :rotfl:Just a quick wash on the outside, no drying it or doing the inside.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice!! Let me know how well that bar holds up.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
so far I cut trans cooler hoses that were shredding and replaced them. Then installed the new trans temp sender unit and wired it to the glowshift gauge, then I got the oilfilter sandwich adapter ready to install for my oil temp sender and when I but an oil cooler. Now just waiting for the ups delivery of the tuned pcm and am doing an oil change :thumbsup: great day today

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:
Not even for testing purposes? In case you need it in, like, an emergency? :redface:
Nope, never used it, honestly I've never used one for any vehicle I have owned with an auto tranny. I can see it being a good idea though. Here it is pretty flat and I've never needed one. Maybe I should add it to my oil change list along with lowering the spare and checking it out.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
What are building? :undecided: And I'll bet Home Depot is alway :biggrin: to see you. :crazy:

Replacing an old deck with a 36x22 L-shape deck. As for Home Depot, a neighbour works there.

TollKeeper said:
Sounds like he needs to buy a XUV..

:smile:

I've only seen a couple 'round here, both commercial vehicles.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got gas yesterday (for $3.33 before it skyrocketed to $3.79, what a ripoff with oil at where it is it should be closer to $2.79 :hissyfit:), last tank got 22 mpg :wootwoot:

Today I hit 160k on the odometer. Also noticed a slight clunk from the front a few times... Darn endlinks! :suicide:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
TB2k4 said:
how did you manage 22???!!! i was celebrating my 16mpg up from 13.7

:rotfl: same here!! I average about 14ish if im lucky lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
TB2k4 said:
how did you manage 22???!!! i was celebrating my 16mpg up from 13.7

Beats me. I drove like I always did, used cruise on the highway... :shrug:

I had a freak tank a couple years ago that I got 23 once. So I figure this must have just been another random freak tank. Just watch, I'll have a tank soon which is down in the crapper to even it out :rotfl:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Decembersend said:
Any issues with the LEDs dimming yet?

Mine actually lose half there power 3/5 LEDs stay lit in mine and according to my VOM the power goes from 12.73 to 6.93 :confused:. If I unplugged the radio fuse for a little bit I get full power again then a little later it dims again (anytime of day).

Nope no issues at all they still shine bright as heck :yes:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Started to feel cramped in my little truck. I gave it two months, but I might have to bite the bullet and get something a bit larger.

:rotfl: Did you gain some weight since the last time I saw you? :undecided:

C-TANG

Dec 14, 2011
Pulled off the Black Trailbreaker Stickers on the side... Got new Plans To be done soon its nice to work at a Sign Shop and have a Designer on call

View attachment 21377.jpg]

Attachments

• IMG_1065[1].jpg
    IMG_1065[1].jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1066[1].jpg
    IMG_1066[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
smitty5150 said:
Started to feel cramped in my little truck. I gave it two months, but I might have to bite the bullet and get something a bit larger.
Yah, like a GMT360. :raspberry:

Dec 21, 2011
While attempting to turn right on a red and beat a semi rolling down the road....the TB decided to go into reduced power mode :eek:. "sweeeet"!! I came so close to being broadsided :smiley_kill:This intermittent P1221 problem is usually just a pain in the ass most of the time :hissyfit::yikes:. But really sucks when you really need pickup in a hurry!

It's been a while :missing: y'all. How has every thing been going on the new and improved forum? :tiphat:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
smitty5150 said:

C'mon smitty.....another 360 is in your future bud. :smile:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
Yah, like a GMT370. :raspberry:

Fixed it for ya, WIENERDOGS RULE!!!!!

I fixed the LED bulb in my tail light AGAIN :mad:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work...got a thumbs up from a guy in a XJ, had a girl take a picture of the truck at a light, saw two guys slow down to read my side window decal then pass me laughing...was a good day.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
so far I cut trans cooler hoses that were shredding and replaced them. Then installed the new trans temp sender unit and wired it to the glowshift gauge, then I got the oilfilter sandwich adapter ready to install for my oil temp sender and when I but an oil cooler. Now just waiting for the ups delivery of the tuned pcm and am doing an oil change :thumbsup: great day today

nice... at least you can use that sandwich plate... they dont fit on the SS'... our oil filter is recessed a bit in the pan, therefore, the adapter wont go up into the pan... :hissyfit:

thats ok though.. other plans in the making...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the license plate relocated and lit up w a lil led bar.

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
I Installed an xm direct tuner and harness so I would have xm through the factory radio. Was interesting to be tearing stuff apart three days into owning the canyon.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Took it to Carmax this morning to get my oil changed, and investigate an intermittent squeak which I assumed to be the brake pad wear indicators. I turned out to be right, all my pads are low, and the front wear indicators were etching into the rotors. They are saying the fronts are too thin to be machined again and need to be replaced. :worried: And since these are wear items, they aren't covered under my extended warranty, resulting in an estimate over $500 :eek: :crazy: :no:

So I'll be rereading that Brakemotive thread shortly, and put some feelers out for a mini meet so I can learn to do brakes and rotors. :yes: :wootwoot:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Got tired of pushing the weatherstripping shit back in the wheel wells SO... I put some rtv sealant around the whole strip and voila it stays put.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
jrSS said:
Got tired of pushing the weatherstripping shit back in the wheel wells SO... I put some rtv sealant around the whole strip and voila it stays put.

Nice, Just did the same thing. The tucking away every day was a pain :bonk:

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Hauled some pretty precious cargo this morning!

Brought our daughter home from the hospital. :wootwoot:

DSC_0283.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
CdnGMan said:
Congrats on the new addition man!!!! :thumbsup:
Looks like they're both doing well... :wootwoot:

:iagree:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Well after autocrossing this morning in an EVO and a 300zxtt i came home and changed the oil in the voy to mobile1 full synthetic and then i went out and broke in the new tune / parts riding around with an svt cobra. Definitely a great day today

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Replaced my crap fog lights (reflectors were really bad) with the ones I got from Decembersend...thanks mate!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Jouse,

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online