What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
Can you pack the whole family in the Camry, with luggage?

If the answer is no, then screw the Camry :rotfl:

I put 47,000 miles on my Trailblazer in under 2 years :crazy: I purposely have NOT kept record of every fillup because I don't want to know :lipsrsealed:

Well if I put the kids in the luggage than I wouldn't have an issue getting everyone in it :biggrin:

But since that's not allowed, the answer is no. And I too don't want to know what it's going to cost me to fill it up after a few years time. Actually the thought makes me a bit queasy :frown:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
We loaded the last of our stuff from the apt. Its been a long weekend, thankfully I took the entire week off to unpack and finish setting up the house.

It is amazing how much stuff fits in a 1 bedroom apartment.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Just finished entering all the fillups since I bought the truck over 3 years ago. Over 27,708 miles, the truck has consumed 1580 gallons of fuel, at a cost of $4796.42, while averaging 17.53365 mpg

Oh man I wish I had that kind of mileage.

May 31st will be 2 years on the dot I've owned this truck. So far about 32,000 miles, 2442 gallons of gas costing $9,367 and averaging 13.029 mpg.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
fr34kout said:
Oh man I wish I had that kind of mileage.

May 31st will be 2 years on the dot I've owned this truck. So far about 32,000 miles, 2442 gallons of gas costing $9,367 and averaging 13.029 mpg.

Oh good, I'm not the only one that's a little OCD about keeping records. I'll have to show my wife, she thinks I'm crazy.

And actually, my mpg has been slowly falling. I was up around 19mpg average for the first year I owned it, then 18 the second year. I plan to get the tune this summer, and i think it'll be nice to actually see some empirical data to see what changes, if anything.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
All parts installed. Truck running much better now. :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
mike_k said:
replaced the license plate lights and got the fix it ticket signed :rotfl:

You outlaw you! :biggrin:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Ok, so this weekend on the 9-7, I installed new rear pads and rear rotors and detailed it.

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Put chrome trim on the back hatch and on the rain guards. Waiting for the door handle covers, chrome trailblazer license plate cover, and the led lights for the domes and the rear.View attachment 21131

Attachments

• SANY0001.jpg
    SANY0001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 9
  • SANY0002.jpg
    SANY0002.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Showed off my HID's to some co-workers. "Man they're bright during the day!" & "Light the night, eh!" were some comments. :thumbsup: all around.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Entered a local car audio comp, came in 2nd place in C Class doing 148.8 @ 41 hz.

DSCF2976.jpg

Got beat out by a well respected SPL competitor locally, if this guy is there I have no chance to come in 1st lol but it's all good. Still got a trophy for 2nd place

DSCF3029.jpg

And damn I love my how truck looks in this roll up video lol

[video=youtube;MnefLc23Q6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnefLc23Q6U&hd=1[/video]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Dropped the beaSSt off at the dealership due to an oil leak on the new motor :hissyfit:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Replaced my TCCM. 4x4 is back online! Now just to get it aligned in the morning and the truck will be back on the roads again :wootwoot:

I found something interesting behind the lower kick panel however. This wire and pair of fuses certainly doesn't look factory to me :confused:

View attachment 21139

They tap into the harness coming off the steering wheel. I didn't remove the tape to see how it was tapped but from the looks of things it is soldered at best, twisted around the factory wires at worst (and most likely).

View attachment 21140

The wire goes up the driver side of the dash somewhere, not sure where to. Now I'm really curious so one of these days I'm going to have to take stuff apart and see where it goes :confused: I couldn't get a good shot with the phone camera but there was also another small wire (brown or tan, hard to see it) that was taped up like something had been spliced maybe at one point, but it was hard to see. Again, something I'll have to dig into later. But for now I'm going to check my diagrams and see what those two wires are that were tapped to maybe get an idea of what was going on. Maybe they were just used as a power source for something.

Sometimes buying used cars can be interesting :crazy:

Attachments

• strangefuses.jpg
    strangefuses.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 18
  • wiretaps.jpg
    wiretaps.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 14

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Looks like they tapped the famous switched 12v pink. And used speaker wire.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Got some new interior LED panels today, damn these things are monsters. Old set I had were 21 3028 LED's, new set is 48 5050 LED's. So more than twice the LED's, and these are also supposed to be about 3x as bright.

Old panels vs new panels

20120529_133854.jpg

Huge difference in light output, even during the day it's easy to see how bright these are

20120529_133713.jpg

Got em all in, including the 2 license plate lights.

20120529_142724.jpg

All I gotta do later is create a makeshift splitter so I can run 2 boards in the rear over the sub. Gotta say I'm very happy with these new boards, and they were only about $50 shipped for 8 of them!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Voymom said:
I'd be terrified to go that dark on my tails. I'd be scared I'd get rear ended. Although, maybe then will the insurance company total out the truck and I could get one a bit less lemon-ish :raspberry:

(Don't tell Phantom I said that, I don't want to replace anymore broken things) :no:

I'm not a huge fan of reducing the amount that other drivers can see me... but I totally support those that want to take that risk...

It wouldn't surprise me at all for people to use the "I couldn't tell that they were braking Mr Officer... their taillights were too dark!!" excuse and possibly get off...

Add to that the darkening of the reverse lights AFTER you've dropped spider LEDs in them... :confused:

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Voymom said:
I'd be terrified to go that dark on my tails. I'd be scared I'd get rear ended. Although, maybe then will the insurance company total out the truck and I could get one a bit less lemon-ish :raspberry:

(Don't tell Phantom I said that, I don't want to replace anymore broken things) :no:

I was too but I figured wth lol. I'm planning on doing the Quad park/brake/turn mod shortly with super bright leds hopefully that'll be bright enough.

Forgot a pic :bonk:
View attachment 21153

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I'm not a huge fan of reducing the amount that other drivers can see me... but I totally support those that want to take that risk...

It wouldn't surprise me at all for people to use the "I couldn't tell that they were braking Mr Officer... their taillights were too dark!!" excuse and possibly get off...

Add to that the darkening of the reverse lights AFTER you've dropped spider LEDs in them... :confused:

Well I hope that the quad tail lights will add to the brightness. They are still pretty bright tho. and if my Leds + quad options fail I still have the 3rd brake light.

I may even have to do a light bar??:undecided:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Decembersend said:

You deff should man.. The TB would look sick with one IMO. I love mine. Deff One of my top favorite mods :biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Decembersend said:

This works great for just a brake light strip. and no the quads don't do anything for brightness, you just have more area lit up.

[EBAY]140757644536[/EBAY]

0131121611.jpg

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
all that work for nothing *shakes head* lol :raspberry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got back from getting my alignment. Nothing was noticeably bent in the front end, it was just out of whack. Drives straight down the road again with the wheel straight.

I'm giving it a bath later today. It's filthy from sitting. *edit* took it through the car wash. Not a super job but looks 100x better than it did.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Went in for alignment today at Scotty's, added my own mark to his rack

20120530_072458.jpg

Boards from now on >.>

20120530_081301.jpg

Then I went to Rad's just looking to get a quote on my exhaust. Guy was super cool, told me why not just do it now while nobody was there... Left with a Spin Tech and dual 4" rolled tips.

20120530_185141.jpg

Happy with it, still deciding if it's too loud.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
washed the millions of bug guts and splatters of the front of the SS. (Well washed the whole thing..that was the main focus) then it fuckin rains...geesh

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
washed the millions of bug guts and splatters of the front of the SS. (Well washed the whole thing..that was the main focus) then it fuckin rains...geesh

haha I was going to wash mine today also and then didn't thinking it would prob rain and it did...glad I didnt waste my time lol

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:

Where are the pictures of this thing!?? I had to have about 40 about 3 days after I picked mine up Post THEM!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
*edit* took it through the car wash. Not a super job but looks 100x better than it did.
No one here believes you...need pics!!! :raspberry:

2004LS said:
Black shows EVERYTHING, silver hides it... :smile:
I know that's right!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
No one here believes you...need pics!!! :raspberry:

I know that's right!

Well I've driven it and it has rained so its dirty again :crazy:
I'm hoping to get a couple decent pics next week. My landlord is installing a water spigot on Monday so I'll be able to hand wash my vehicles properly :wootwoot:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Went back to the shop that put my starter in and had them put the siren that it came with in so now both go off :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online