What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I really like the second one, it's my fav. Rule of thirds at its best.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Canadian Mike said:
The vision of a photographer. Greg, I like your "peek-a-boo" photo in another thread.

Thanks... I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of photography... albeit very slowly...

I just like the comments I get from y'all and people the streets when they see me taking various shots...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Instead of trying to take a contest picture, I crawled under the big guy and decided to look at my sway bar end links, CV axles and other things. I got greasy and dirty, but it was fun tinkering under there and learning where and what everything is.

With that said, we need to replace both CV axles, and all 4 sway bar end links, along with a growing list of other stuff that isn't on my mod list :crazy:

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Showed it off a little with fellow member Brandon:

7281755528_b39e284afc_b.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
Instead of trying to take a contest picture, I crawled under the big guy and decided to look at my sway bar end links, CV axles and other things. I got greasy and dirty, but it was fun tinkering under there and learning where and what everything is.

With that said, we need to replace both CV axles, and all 4 sway bar end links, along with a growing list of other stuff that isn't on my mod list :crazy:

If its in your budget, I recommend replacing the end links once and for all with Suspension Maxx links. They go bad on these trucks all the time, and the Maxx links aren't that much more expensive than normal ones. If you go to the site and find the number, you can call the guy, I can't remember his name, but he's here in Michigan. Decent enough guy, has a discount for us GMTnation (at least he did for Trailvoy) folks, and even sent me a t-shirt.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
SBUBandit said:
If its in your budget, I recommend replacing the end links once and for all with Suspension Maxx links. They go bad on these trucks all the time, and the Maxx links aren't that much more expensive than normal ones. If you go to the site and find the number, you can call the guy, I can't remember his name, but he's here in Michigan. Decent enough guy, has a discount for us GMTnation (at least he did for Trailvoy) folks, and even sent me a t-shirt.

That's what we plan on doing once they annoy me enough to change them lol I will probably do my CV axles at the same time, plus I need to replace my Bilsteins, and maybe even the struts. I would want to get everything under the truck done at the same time. I'd be investing in either a lift or a level kit as well. The looks of these parts I named off, seems to me they are all original to the truck, which has 117k on it.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I did a center consul mod/ repair. I know there's a few folk that have broken the little tab and it just pops open so I figure I'd try to fix it since i don't want to buy a new one just yet.

Not quite as clean as I had expected since I had to improvise but it will get the job done for a while.

6216952f-d8a0-2b0f.jpg

6216952f-d8b2-6fa6.jpg

6216952f-d8c1-0dc8.jpg

6216952f-d8d3-2927.jpg

6216952f-d8e3-0361.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I drove mine to a store AND I parked it backwards...yeah I am THAT good :biggrin::cool::rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i noticed a drop of fluid on the garage floor the other day... got up under there today and saw this!!!
2012-05-27200728.jpg

yes, thats oil covering the pan and undercarage... my guess, its coming from the drain plug as thats where i saw the oil pooling up before it dripped on my garage floor.. damn this new motor :rotfl:.. she's really starting to piss me off with all these "little" issues...

guess where im going tomorrow!!!:hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Boricua SS said:
my guess, its coming from the drain plug as thats where i saw the oil pooling up before it dripped on my garage floor.

Did you check to see if it was tight?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i would have to start thinking so :rotfl:.. ive been to the dealership more times then i can count now... they have my phone number memorized :crackup:

but these are the kinda things i was afraid of happening... nothing catasrophic, but the little engine knock, all the little things that were missed when the body was put back on, and now an oil leak... just startin to get a little agitated.. she has zero performance mods done to her (break in period, so im waiting to put them on until i park her this year for winter), and i dont beat on her like i used to..

oh well.. we'll see what they say tomorrow..

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
MAY03LT said:
Did you check to see if it was tight?

yes i checked.. thats the first thing i did... crawled up underneath there, and it would not tighten anymore.. at least not by my strength...

a buddy of mine (who is a diesel mechanic) asked me if the oil pan is aluminum and if the drain plug was steel.. something about possibly needing a special washer to seperate the two for corrosive purposes?? dont quote me on that though as i have forgotten what he said...

it didnt start leaking until about 3-4 days ago (at least thats when i noticed it in my garage).. i just made a 6 hour round trip to the MI meet back on the 19th.. and no issues from that... it wont leak if i drive her to work (only 4 miles from my house), but if i go from work, to the store, the to gas her up, then home, i'll get the drip on the garage floor...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Drove it to wal-mart to get a few things for dinner. Other than that he has sat in the driveway all day.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Voymom said:
Drove it to wal-mart to get a few things for dinner. Other than that he has sat in the driveway all day.
Ummmmm, driving it isn't the point of the thread. :undecided:

Unless you tarted him up while parked at WalMart:

View attachment 21106

Attachments

• WalMartCar1.jpg
    WalMartCar1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 88

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
the roadie said:
Ummmmm, driving it isn't the point of the thread. :undecided:

Well then, I installed my 5 foot dual band mag mounted ham radio antenna preparing to get called out for the storms....Better? :biggrin:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i noticed a drop of fluid on the garage floor the other day

I noticed a drop of oil a week ago it turned out to be a punctured oil filter and everytime I accelerated more came out took it to dealer and they replaced it. That could be the prob

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cleaned the radiator out....and drove it!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Went for a good cruise after cleaning the TB yesterday. Wow didn't realize the snap was gone, feels great now.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Hotness said:
Well it's about time! So did u swap over the fire/ice bar or no?

No I did not. Washed the voy once and moisture was present..just like everyone told me it'd do...so I said forget about it. But now I will look for some led's for the tails.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Had to remove the front brakes because the new pads didn't bed well. Removed the slight glazing from the new rotors and pads, made damn sure my caliper guide pins were in good shape etc. Double checked the rears since it was up on jack stand. All is good now. While out burnishing the pads/rotors again I heard the idler pulley began to whine and I think I need a new brake light switch. Gees will it end?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
SBUBandit said:
I did make myself a lovely spreadsheet to track Fuel fillups and mileage since I got the truck.

Just finished entering all the fillups since I bought the truck over 3 years ago. Over 27,708 miles, the truck has consumed 1580 gallons of fuel, at a cost of $4796.42, while averaging 17.53365 mpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Just finished entering all the fillups since I bought the truck over 3 years ago. Over 27,708 miles, the truck has consumed 1580 gallons of fuel, at a cost of $4796.42, while averaging 17.53365 mpg

Hate to go off topic, but this makes me really want my Camry back lmao!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Hate to go off topic, but this makes me really want my Camry back lmao!

Can you pack the whole family in the Camry, with luggage?

If the answer is no, then screw the Camry :rotfl:

I put 47,000 miles on my Trailblazer in under 2 years :crazy: I purposely have NOT kept record of every fillup because I don't want to know :lipsrsealed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online

No members online now.