What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Picked up some LED reverse lights for my rear bumper build

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Took a peak at the TB last night after the kids went to bed....going to need a cleaning. My guess is that it was never cleaned by the PO. Also took a look at my chances of replacing my thermostat. Might be at the top end of my comfort zone, but i guess my zone isnt going to expand if i dont try new things. Should pick up a new air filter while i am at the parts store.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
Took a peak at the TB last night after the kids went to bed....going to need a cleaning. My guess is that it was never cleaned by the PO. Also took a look at my chances of replacing my thermostat. Might be at the top end of my comfort zone, but i guess my zone isnt going to expand if i dont try new things. Should pick up a new air filter while i am at the parts store.

I would take a look at the fluids and see what ones need changing if any. Also, I would pick up some t-body cleaner as well. :thumbsup: Just some ideas for you. :cool:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
have also been eyeballing the DIY CAI......might see what I can find around here for parts and maybe give that a crack.:undecided:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
have also been eyeballing the DIY CAI......might see what I can find around here for parts and maybe give that a crack.:undecided:

Never hurts to keep an eye on something. :thumbsup:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:

Check out the discounts section here. I've used the advance auto ones a couple times and saved me a ton!

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
bb09b51a.jpg

This is the first harness like this that I have ever assembled. So, I consulted my go-to book for automotive electrical stuff and sure enough, assembling this kind of connector is in there. And, as luck would have it, the blue point crimper had the jaws for these kinds of terminals. BTW in case anyone is wondering the book is Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems by Tony Candela.

If things work out as good in real life as they do on paper, I should have some awesome news tomorrow.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
bb09b51a.jpg

This is the first harness like this that I have ever assembled. So, I consulted my go-to book for automotive electrical stuff and sure enough, assembling this kind of connector is in there. And, as luck would have it, the blue point crimper had the jaws for these kinds of terminals. BTW in case anyone is wondering the book is Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems by Tony Candela.

If things work out as good in real life as they do on paper, I should have some awesome news tomorrow.

Looks interesting, I hope these are for what I think they are for

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
Thanks.:thumbsup: And they fit on the doors okay? :undecided:

Yep they fit perfectly, I had them on my 05 TB ( wish I had pics ) and they looked sweet on it and help up damn good A++ quality

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
bfc74651.jpg

f5fa06b0.jpg

Son of a squatch, this worked.:wootwoot:

Dual brakes and turns on the cheap. I'll have a thread up in a bit.:cool:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
MAY03LT said:
bfc74651.jpg

f5fa06b0.jpg

Son of a squatch, this worked.:wootwoot:

Dual brakes and turns on the cheap. I'll have a thread up in a bit.:cool:

:salivate:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Attempting to paint my grill.

Tried to pop out the grill per MAY03LT PICS and Video. With some help of a screw driver for prying I got all the clips but the two furthest on cross bar ends, those suckers won't budge, can't get fingers under, too tight! I recall watching a member break his at meet removing the cross bar end.
My grill is tighter than a......

Suggestions?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Short Bus said:
jbones said:
Attempting to paint my grill.

Tried to pop out the grill per MAY03LT PICS and Video. With some help of a screw driver for prying I got all the clips but the two furthest on cross bar ends, those suckers won't budge, can't get fingers under, too tight! I recall watching a member break his at meet removing the cross bar end.
My grill is tighter than a......

Suggestions?

Pull harder :raspberry:

:iagree: That's pretty much your only option. Try to pull straight out, and not at any angles. Usually once you get it popped out the first time, it will be easier to remove in the future.

In other news, I finally finished gutting my airbox... :ugh: Why didn't anyone who's done this, advise how much of a PIA this was? :hissyfit: Spare Dremel batteries are a must. (did some more cleaning of the edges from this pic)

GuttedAirbox.jpg

Also got around to drilling holes for the appropriate connections for my silicone CAI :wootwoot:

IntakeInstalled.jpg

Next up, get my spare intake resonator on Monday or Tuesday, chop it up and make an engine cover out of it :biggrin:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
jbones said:
I recall watching a member break his at meet removing the cross bar end.

So did I. And the whole time I was telling the guy "don't do it, don't do it..."

For the "virgin" grilles I let them bake in the sun for a while, it seems to have helped even the most stubborn ones. I did one over the winter on a cloudy day that was stubborn and thought about giving it a little heat with a heat gun but since it wasn't mine I didn't do it. Ended up giving it a good pull and it came off.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Got fed up with the hunter brand guard and it's lateral vibration....

Driver's side

9auUA.jpg

Passenger side

EmWxJ.jpg

Cut two pieces off a 2" wide, 1/8" thick piece of aluminum flat stock. It will go under the grille to the bumper cover bolt then to the outer lights on the guard... A second nut on the light bolt holds it in place on the guard side.

Still need to drill out the holes, but that will stop the wobble... or else...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Quad beam/HID mod...

2012-04-29_19-51-01_20.jpg

Feb 24, 2012
I filled it to the top, back to front, with furniture and boxes for the third day in a row. Honestly I'm getting a little tired of helping people move. Friends don't ask me anymore, but when family calls, here I come... :crazy:

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
Installed front bull bar , blacked out chrome center bar on the grill, replaced some blown out bulbs in the tail lights , thiwl doing the bulbs installed my strobe kit and did the dual brake and turn mod as per May03 :thumbsup:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Used Scrubbing bubbles by recommendation of a friend. I must say it works really well.

2012-04-29162220.jpg

2012-04-29162254.jpg

2012-04-29162245.jpg

And of course, I have to show how much room I have now that the e-fans are in... :wootwoot:

2012-04-29162303.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DucatiSS said:
Used Scrubbing bubbles by recommendation of a friend. I must say it works really well.

:undecided: Scrubbing bubbles huh? Interesting. May have to keep this in mind for later

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
It's lookin' good Smitty :thumbsup: Did you start painting it flat black? I don't remember the front being black.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Yep. Body work is happening panel by panel. Once it is all ready to go, I get to block it all and paint it. I havent worked up a rendering yet, but I am doing two-tone with a mineral gray top and a light-medium blue bottom. Metallic finish.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Scrubbing bubbles huh? Interesting. May have to keep this in mind for later

Yep, 1 can of Scrubbing Bubbles, misc. household type brushes, couple of paint brushes, and the water straight from the hose.
No need to cover any electronics. Less than $20 spent. :thumbsup:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
RainX'ed the windows on the ride and the wife's Quest yesterday; rain is forcasted for each of the next 7 days. Tomorrow the trash can comes off and hopefully have time to clean the TB.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Yep they fit perfectly, I had them on my 05 TB ( wish I had pics ) and they looked sweet on it and help up damn good A++ quality

I just might put a set on my truck. It would be another exterior rebadging project. :biggrin:

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Replaced the bent rear sway bar and damaged end links yesterday. The bent lower control arms will have to wait until next weekend.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Dad-O-Matic said:
Replaced the bent rear sway bar and damaged end links yesterday. The bent lower control arms will have to wait until next weekend.

Now that's a lot of work. :yes:

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Finally dropped my truck off at the body shop for step 1 of Operation: Top Secret Tummy Tuck and Boob Job, hahaha. Gettin my new front (denali) and back bumpers painted and installed, side skirts, grille, and bottom of bood repainted, and gettin the taillights wetsanded and buffed (havnt done it yet since they got painted).

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
GotAir? said:
Finally dropped my truck off at the body shop for step 1 of Operation: Top Secret Tummy Tuck and Boob Job, hahaha. Gettin my new front (denali) and back bumpers painted and installed, side skirts, grille, and bottom of bood repainted, and gettin the taillights wetsanded and buffed (havnt done it yet since they got painted).

:rotfl: A tummy tuck and boob job!!! Man your truck is old and out of shape. :rotfl::raspberry:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX - Nice job! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online