What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Bigbadbowtie08 said:
For ANYONE who used Rain-X washer fluid, you will likely have to clean your washer nozzles or replace them. The Rain-x has a synthetic wax in it, and over time that wax builds up in the washer "heads" if you will. Yes, it's convenient at the time you wash your windshield, however you will more than likely run into the problem in the future. I have switched back to using regular washer fluid. I already have Rain-X on my windshield, why would I need more?

I will take a look at the Bosch......which means i never made it to the auto parts store over lunch.

I agree with not duplicating Rain-X and have heard that the fluid can mess up nozzles.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Finally got those silly 194 switchback bulbs to work correctly, whoooo.

Well that and I plasti dipped my interior tan panels yesterday

Rear shot to show the tan panels I didn't hit yet (they've since been sprayed)

20120418_162123.jpg

Trunk, not perfect but it's whatever

20120418_162013.jpg

Pretty close color match

20120418_162143.jpg

20120418_162156.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
This is actually yesterday and today. I took all the small bow ties off the hubcaps and front doors, cleaned them and painted them black with Krylon plastic paint. (Don't have pics of those)

Took my front black bow tie off the centre bar and where there's an indentation, sanded it down and sprayed it silver.

2012-04-19_12-30-21_748.jpg
[/IMG]
2012-04-19_12-30-13_748.jpg
[/IMG]

The wombar was looking pretty sad after winter with it's cheap chinese paint job. So I took it all back to bare metal, etch primed and flat black with Rustoleum. Got another sticker and Bob's your Uncle.

2012-04-20_16-41-04_32.jpg
[/IMG]
2012-04-20_16-41-29_191.jpg
[/IMG]

And lastly, installed the new boards that May made for me (Thanks again mate!! :hail:), so I now have dual parks...dual turns and indicators are in the works.

[video=youtube_share;gEqldcwkNTI]http://youtu.be/gEqldcwkNTI[/video]

Sorry about the poor video.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Matt said:
And lastly, installed the new boards that May made for me (Thanks again mate!! :hail:), so I now have dual parks...dual turns and indicators are in the works.

Those LEDs are so much better then the cheapies I used for testing. Your video showed the dim/bright differences much better!:cool:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Picked up the tb today from the shop. As some of you know I had to have a bolt removed after it got sheared off. Well they ended up breaking 3 more bolts all which were seized up. They removed all the bolts replaced them and put anti-seize on. Also replaced my manifold gasket. The tb sounds better than ever. On my way home i noticed a high pitch squeal coming from under the hood at high rpm. So after investigation I discovered that my tensioner was going out. Replaced that and slapped a new belt on for good measure. Now the tb is finally back to its normal self. :thumbsup::wootwoot:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:

[video=youtube_share;gEqldcwkNTI]http://youtu.be/gEqldcwkNTI[/video]

NICE :thumbsup:

I should have this same mod soon thanks to MAY03LT (for the Envoy board) and Sparky (for the skills and willingness to help)

What LEDs did you use, Matt?

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Bigbadbowtie08 said:
As a storm chaser... No I'm not Reed Timmer!:crazy: I switched to Bosch Icon wiper blades. They are a bit expensive but I estimate they will last a few good years. I then put rain-x on the windshield and windows to help the water bead up and off of the glass surface.
I totally agree with the Bosch blades. I installed a set last fall and love them. They hug the windshield very well.

Bigbadbowtie08 said:
For ANYONE who used Rain-X washer fluid, you will likely have to clean your washer nozzles or replace them. The Rain-x has a synthetic wax in it, and over time that wax builds up in the washer "heads" if you will. Yes, it's convenient at the time you wash your windshield, however you will more than likely run into the problem in the future. I have switched back to using regular washer fluid. I already have Rain-X on my windshield, why would I need more?

As for the Rain-x, I did not know it could cause those sort of issues with the nozzles. I have been using Rain-x fluid in the TB for the last few years and also in my wife's Sunfire for at least 5 years with no issues. I will watch out for potential issues. Thanks for the heads up on this:thumbsup:

I haven't done much to the TB today really. My wife drove it to work. I get to investigate tomorrow and try to figure out why the service 4wd light came on today, although it did go off again.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
woody79 said:
I totally agree with the Bosch blades. I installed a set last fall and love them. They hug the windshield very well.

I agree....Bosch blades for me

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Finally got time to align my lights on my light bar:wootwoot:

With just headlights on.
60e7a5c7.jpg

With headlights and spot lights on
d85974d4.jpg

Just spot lights.
b7639562.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Short Bus said:
NICE :thumbsup:

I should have this same mod soon thanks to MAY03LT (for the Envoy board) and Sparky (for the skills and willingness to help)

What LEDs did you use, Matt?

I already had the top ones in there, IIRC I got them from VLEDS.

The new middle non-SRCK I got from Kev Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com, but I think I'll change all the rears to Cree LED's from Kev. $20-22 a pair is a bloody good price.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I had to steam and scrub the strip of carpet between the passenger seat and door sill and b pillar.
WOMAN+SS+RED BULL = Angry Brett :mad:

....what a bogan plate matt :rotfl:

Dec 19, 2011
Woo Hoo! I'm at it again! Noticed the burning smell coming from under the driver's seat, unbolted and took the seat out and sure enough it's something actually with the bottom of the seat. I checked the carpet under the seat and it did not smell at all like burning wires.. Now to try to figure out what the heck is making this happen! Good news is: It's not any of my wiring that I have done in the truck, It's GM's wiring.

Do you think an officer would write me a ticket if I drove sitting on a upside down 5 gallon bucket with a bungee cord across my lap? :wootwoot:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Bigbadbowtie08 said:
Woo Hoo! I'm at it again! Noticed the burning smell coming from under the driver's seat, unbolted and took the seat out and sure enough it's something actually with the bottom of the seat. I checked the carpet under the seat and it did not smell at all like burning wires.. Now to try to figure out what the heck is making this happen! Good news is: It's not any of my wiring that I have done in the truck, It's GM's wiring.

Do you think an officer would write me a ticket if I drove sitting on a upside down 5 gallon bucket with a bungee cord across my lap? :wootwoot:

Lol maybe?

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Replaced the cam position sensor do to code PO340. Cleaned the throttle body, CPAS connector(need a new one), MAF sensor and IAT sensor. Next on the list is giving it a bath.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
New ball joints - $30
Alignment - $90
exhaust leak fix - $350
new tensioner pulley and belt - $50

Having my truck make it past 200k and still drive like new.. PRICELESS!!

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Bigbadbowtie08 said:

I'm guilty of this. I was restoring a car and driving on the highway at 3am and got pulled over by a lady cop.

Charmed my way and got a ticket :sadcry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Are the middle bulbs in that video the CREE? I was curious how they'd look just because no light is aimed into the reflector

No they're not. Just corn cob style.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
ordered my h1 HID kit, mini h1 projectors, bought the supplies to convert 9006 to h1 and I am ready to do the drl killer...should be a fun week ahead :yes:
i am also going to try and see if i can somehow get the bixenon feature of the projector shield to work either off of the quad mod or off a switch in the car since our vehicles dont have the bixenon lighting :undecided:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
A pic is worth 1,000 words

0422121719.jpg

Quad non-SRCK tails!!! For those that don't know, now ya know!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Short Bus said:
A pic is worth 1,000 words

0422121719.jpg

Quad non-SRCK tails!!! For those that don't know, now ya know!!!

Where did you get the "F#ck your stick figure family" sticker? I want one!!!!! I can't stand them neither!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Discovered my only 20% of torque management will make turning on to a wet road interesting. Good thing I wasn't goosing it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Started putting together some rough schematics to go along with this, in case someone asks "How'd you do that?"... :popcorn: :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;kn2eWDy0zAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2eWDy0zAI[/video]

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
I cleaned and painted my spare tire's rim today. In the process I checked the spare tire latch and winch.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Started putting together some rough schematics to go along with this, in case someone asks "How'd you do that?"... :popcorn: :thumbsup:

Oh Snap!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Blckshdw said:

Damn Bro!! :2thumbsup: That's sweet!! How'd you do that?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Mooseman said:
Where did you get the "F#ck your stick figure family" sticker? I want one!!!!! I can't stand them neither!

Ebay

[EBAY]110802918930[/EBAY]

Other good ones

[EBAY]110802833299[/EBAY][EBAY]110802833165[/EBAY]
[EBAY]110810943655[/EBAY][EBAY]170817867843[/EBAY]
[EBAY]180856772264[/EBAY][EBAY]120796507000[/EBAY]

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:
Thanx to MAY03LT videos I was able to change the spark plugs, clean the throttle body. I also changed my ignition switch. :wootwoot:

Oh I wanted to share with all the beginners like me that this tool I ordered from AAP is great to reach the last spark plug. all you need is a ratchet wrench , and this tool to get the final spark plug out, the one below the firewall.

use the search tool once you reach Advance Auto Parts.
Gear Wrench 5/8" x 6" Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug Socket

:thumbsup: for DIY projects!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
IHZ05VOY said:
Oh I wanted to share with all the beginners like me that this tool I ordered from AAP is great to reach the last spark plug. all you need is a ratchet wrench , and this tool to get the final spark plug out, the one below the firewall.

Pics of said tool, or it didnt happen.,.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:

When I changed mine, i didnt need a special tool. A regular spark plug socket worked perfect for me

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When I had my misfire issues a month ago, I was going to buy this tool to do my plugs, but their inventory was wrong, so I ended up getting a regular spark plug socket and used a universal joint with an extension. Got the job done without any further issues.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
When I had my misfire issues a month ago, I was going to buy this tool to do my plugs, but their inventory was wrong, so I ended up getting a regular spark plug socket and used a universal joint with an extension. Got the job done without any further issues.

Great Job! And nice catch on the tool. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online