What did you do to your GMT today?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Appreciate the confirmation on the front diff. I know I'm getting more familiar with the truck if I can think of something like that, and not have to spend big time researching it (almost all YT vids showing this on the full-size are on 2wd units, btw).

I may get the pan gasket as soon as tomorrow (it's being sent from a whse in Chicago metro area). By EOW, it'll probably be getting fixed; either by me, or by someone else. Tired of seeing new oil stains on my garage floor / driveway.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Took the Sierra to the mechanic today (I can hear the collective 'gasp!' from the forum already...lol)

He's gonna do the oil pan gasket "if it needs it" (he suspects the sending unit up top, so we'll see).

Since I start a new job on Monday, and I need a break from having the Sierra in the garage, decided to let a pro wrench on it for a bit & let me know if the truck is worth hanging onto, relative to what I want to do to it over the winter (towing cam / lifters / springs, TBSS intake, exhaust), along with all the other little goodies that should be done with all of that (timing chain, water pump, etc., etc.)

I should have the truck back and his opinion by EOD tomorrow. :squint:

In mild (for here anyway) 0c, I replaced the fuel rail with new injectors and installed my winter tires. Took about 4 hours total.

TollKeeper

2 degrees c today so washed all the salt off her and tucked her away into the heated garage for the night.
I love heated garages. Its so nice to come out to my truck, listening to all my neighbors scraping ice and snow off their rides, and I just start up the truck, turn the heated seat on low, open the garage door and back out.

But when I come out of work... GRR!!!!! Wheres my heated garage now Mother F&*^&%^%*!

smt 59

I love heated garages. Its so nice to come out to my truck, listening to all my neighbors scraping ice and snow off their rides, and I just start up the truck, turn the heated seat on low, open the garage door and back out.

But when I come out of work... GRR!!!!! Wheres my heated garage now Mother F&*^&%^%*!
Same here except when I’m in on ot and I pull it in the bays that are heated and I will almost always wash her.

Gas...

Took her for a drive on a shopping trip to Princess Auto, then get her oil sprayed for that protection, then a CASE relearn.

Got the tires rotated and balanced. Figured out where the banging in my right front is coming from. The insulator for where the strut bolt goes into the lower control is gone! Does this mean I have to replace the lower control arm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyZ

Latest posts

Top Bottom