What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Took the 3YO down to get a belt for the mower deck and get the voy inspected, since the Husky dealer is about 20 min away I generally go to my usual inspector right around the corner so why not kill 3 birds since I had to hit up Home Depot as well. To not piss the day away, I try to get there early so I can either be first in line or pretty close, had a portable dvd player and let him watch Cars.

When the bay door opened and someone I haven't seen before comes out I had this gut feeling at 166K miles, something will be wrong. I don't mind finding safety related items and fixing them but you know what I mean, I don't want the tiniest thing to fail me and have to come back next week because at this point....i'm surely not getting back in line, it's the last weekend of the month.

So we get out and the boy is anxious to watch him.....me too, i'm always leary of some "stranger" wrenching on her. He checks everything, pulls out the floor jack and when the front tire is almost off the ground......bang, truck slips off and he repositions. Not sure how but there was no damage upon myself investigating later. After the 3rd attempt to raise it up, he finally succedes and calls me over. tells me my front brakes are low (I know) and the rotor is worn on one side, at this point I was certain he was going to mic my rotor but he let it go.

He then tells me one of my license plate lights are out so I know he was going to bend me over for that...my fault for not cheking. He also tells me one of the fog lights are out and that it will fail. I have some PIAA 520's so I know he doesn't have a bulb for them. Get this, he said if I cut the wire, he would pass me. :hissyfit: He goes...."If they are in the bumper they need to work, if you cut the wire, they become an ornament" Boy did he chap my azz. He wanted to write a ticket and have his tech put it on a lift to access the wire, I asked him for a cutter and I cut the wire halfway from the light to the connector with it on the ground, preserving the factory harness, not a huge deal since I wanted to go back to stockers anyway but it's the principal of the matter.

The fact i was going to replace them anyway kept me cool, I surely wasn't going to spend another $16 somewhere else and nor was I coming back next weekend so I let it go.

Then we went home, grabbed the trailer and took it to get inspected at the trailer shop. Inspector there pulled the brake drum, noted the leaky seal and cleaned up my brakes, pulled the seal and popped in a new one and said......no prob and didn't charge me. I slipped him a 5 spot for a $3 seal and was happy.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
This was yesterday but....

Had to go get dog food in Fairfield at the Tractor Supply CO.

I really didn't want to park here as I'm one of the GMT owners that park at the very end of the parking lot....but I couldn't pass up a photo like this :wink:

IMG_20120331_165125.jpg

(That black one is just so damn sexy)!!!

Wanted to also add that there was another Voy on the other side of the parking lot. It was the tan color.

I'm going to start to carry around a mini note pad and write GMTNATION.COM

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
This was yesterday but....

Had to go get dog food in Fairfield at the Tractor Supply CO.

I really didn't want to park here as I'm one of the GMT owners that park at the very end of the parking lot....but I couldn't pass up a photo like this :wink:

IMG_20120331_165125.jpg

(That black one is just so damn sexy)!!!

Wanted to also add that there was another Voy on the other side of the parking lot. It was the tan color.

I'm going to start to carry around a mini note pad and write GMTNATION.COM

TSC must be where all the COOL people hang out in IA!!!:rotfl:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
After hundreds and hundreds of miles of traveling its time for some maintenance. Changed the water pump and fan clutch last week... Today started diagnostics on a strong squeak noise on a full lock turn to the left.. Ruled out a bunch of things and now I'm leaning towards the upper control arm bushings... Time will tell, noise is happening on a full lock to the left with a bumpy terrain

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
fishguy1123 said:
TSC must be where all the COOL people hang out in IA!!!:rotfl:

Don't Hate :raspberry:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
fishguy1123 said:
Nah, can't blame ya... Corn hasn't started growing back yet so the maze's are gone! What else you gonna do? :biggrin:

Your just jealous that you weren't included Fishguy= So not cool :raspberry: :cool:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
gmcman said:
He also tells me one of the fog lights are out and that it will fail. I have some PIAA 520's so I know he doesn't have a bulb for them. Get this, he said if I cut the wire, he would pass me. :hissyfit: He goes...."If they are in the bumper they need to work, if you cut the wire, they become an ornament" Boy did he chap my azz. He wanted to write a ticket and have his tech put it on a lift to access the wire, I asked him for a cutter and I cut the wire halfway from the light to the connector with it on the ground, preserving the factory harness, not a huge deal since I wanted to go back to stockers anyway but it's the principal of the matter

Wow that's some real stupidity there. Fogs aren't even a requirement on vehicles so to try to fail you for a burned out fog is ridiculous. Then saying that cutting the wire makes it pass? Well that's even dumber (though at least a way out).

That and the fact that he can't even figure out how to jack up a vehicle properly just makes it worse. Really, if he can't figure out how to jack up a full framed vehicle what kind of damage does he do to a unibody :lipsrsealed:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
We disconnected a "secret" weapon that was installed on the truck when we bought it, and we are using the relay to do the DRL kill tonight once my 4 little headaches go to bed :biggrin:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Hitched up the camper to the Silverado and dropped it (the camper that is) off for inspection. Was supposed to do it last Sunday but completely forgot.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Voymom said:
We disconnected a "secret" weapon that was installed on the truck when we bought it, and we are using the relay to do the DRL kill tonight once my 4 little headaches go to bed :biggrin:

The bank installed GPS?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Custom tube bumper done yesterday

rearbump2.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Custom tube bumper done yesterday

rearbump2.jpg

Looks good. If that's going to be the new permanent rear bumper, you way want to put something reflective somewhere on the back. Our taillights aren't reflective and federal standards mandate a certain amount of reflective surface on the back, which you lost by taking off the bumper. Hate to give some bored backwoods cop a reason to stop you.

On a somewhat related note, I have read a few articles about one state, I believe it was Maryland, that had some cop that basically decided all factory Pontiac G8's did not meet the reflective surface requirement, and started ticketing, until one of the owners contacted GM and got GMs lawyers to help defend them in court.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I painted my stock bumper reflectors black 3 years ago...not worried about it.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys just painted my crome peice on the grille.. Let me know what you guys think. im not really sure what i like better :undecided:

Sorry, here is the before and after pics. comments appreciated :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0402120843.jpg
    0402120843.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 0402121012.jpg
    0402121012.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:

Not bad, maybe paint the billet grille black too?

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Not bad, maybe paint the billet grille black too?

Thanks bandit, i was wondering that myself. thats what plasti dip is for right :wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I liked the chrome better

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
Thanks bandit, i was wondering that myself. thats what plasti dip is for right :wootwoot:

Exactly, and if you're going to go for it, bust out some masking tape and mask off and paint the bottom half of the faded bumper, cleaning that up to a real black would change the whole front end.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
TexazReece said:
:iagree: the bullet is throwing the paint job of plasti dip will fix that :thumbsup:

03TB93 said:

Ya guys a agree. Thatll be my project for tomorrow. will post pis than. thanks for the feedback. and if doesnt look good. im goin chrome again :thumbsup:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
03TB93 said:
Hey guys just painted my crome peice on the grille.. Let me know what you guys think. im not really sure what i like better :undecided:

Looks better chrome, the black just makes the car look cheap. If you are going to paint it, do it body color

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have been waiting 4 months for my title. Need to check up on it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well I had a fun day with the truck, Huge thanks to Derek (Meltdown) for hooking me up with a eraser wheel for this project :hail: deff helped :yes:

Also a huge thanks for Jeff (silvernclean) for hooking me up with his extra decal!! Harmless decal looks great :thumbsup::hail: You guys are the best helped me a ton :yes:

De-Molding1.jpg

De-Molding6.jpg

De-Molding7.jpg

De-Molding5.jpg

De-Molding2.jpg

decal2.jpg

Decal.jpg

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I have been waiting 4 months for my title. Need to check up on it.

I moved since I originally got the truck. They sent the title to the old address...it got returned. They simply noted it in the file and said nothing. I had to call to get them to send it to my new home. GMAC = idiots.

Shmittey

Mar 30, 2012
Yesterday was:

rear endlinks, 105k stock, needless to say they were cut off. lol

Spark plugs and cleaned throttle body... who knew that turning on the A/C and stalling truck was sludge in throttle body... Site saved my ass already!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Well I had a fun day with the truck, Huge thanks to Derek (Meltdown) for hooking me up with a eraser wheel for this project :hail: deff helped :yes:

Also a huge thanks for Jeff (silvernclean) for hooking me up with his extra decal!! Harmless decal looks great :thumbsup::hail: You guys are the best helped me a ton :yes:

Decal.jpg

Looks much better demolded :thumbsup: And how many extra decals do you have Jeff? (he hooked me up a while back)

0319121459.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I ordered 2 silver ones to replace the white one. And well the minimum u can order is 2 so had one extra. I like to help out.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
My new reverse lights finally arrived from China today. They look great. My camera refuses to take pictures in the dark, however these are the ones I got.

What's that? Oh, yes, they are 41 LED per bulb. Oh, yes, you are correct, that IS one more per bulb than Carlton's.

[EBAY]190655629239[/EBAY]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
I ordered 2 silver ones to replace the white one. And well the minimum u can order is 2 so had one extra. I like to help out.

Which I appreciate :thumbsup: The silver color looks amazing though! :yes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just retightened my end link bolt for the umpteenth time. Keeps getting loose and ovalling the hole in the bar. Added a thick tight washer, red Loctite and about 500 ft/lbs of torque. It better hold or else!
[video=youtube;RCoWXq7QuLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCoWXq7QuLI[/video]

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
ItsOnVoy, I know I am in the minority here, but I actually prefer these trucks WITH the bump strips..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwaggoner4052

Members Online