What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Didn't necessarily all happen today, but today finished up the front end lights except for the pesky 194 switchbacks which I just can't get to work properly.

6k "100 watt" lows
6k "75 watt" fogs
LED Corner lights from a local member installed about a week ago
Cleared out headlights and installed Autolumination Switchbacks

[video=youtube;MRwX7_qaUmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwX7_qaUmc&context=C45a2492ADvjVQa1PpcFNuG-4psvcYj5uo1hhb2nIeDePtXXx0cJ0=[/video]

Now once I can get the darn polarity switcher working correctly I can put in the 194 switchbacks and everything will be good

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
TollKeeper said:
ItsOnVoy, I know I am in the minority here, but I actually prefer these trucks WITH the bump strips..

Only reason I kept mine on so long was due to people hitting the doors but I said forget it and took them off.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Did the DRL kill mod, works really good. However no one bothered to mention that if you have the headlight washers they will spray the hell out of you when you reconnect the battery...needless to say, I got soaked :lipsrsealed:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
Did the DRL kill mod, works really good. However no one bothered to mention that if you have the headlight washers they will spray the hell out of you when you reconnect the battery...needless to say, I got soaked :lipsrsealed:

Pics of you in a wet T-shirt for proof?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:

LOL It wouldn't matter, I wasn't in a white shirt anyways and i'm all dry now :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Short Bus said:
Voymom said:

:iagree:

no-pics.gif

:raspberry: You had to know someone was gonna say it!! :rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
LOL It wouldn't matter, I wasn't in a white shirt anyways and i'm all dry now :biggrin:

It doesn't have to be white to be sexy. A colored T-shirt will cling and sometimes it's sexier not seeing everything.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:

Short Bus said:

Blckshdw said:
:iagree:

no-pics.gif

:raspberry: You had to know someone was gonna say it!! :rotfl:

Short Bus said:
It doesn't have to be white to be sexy. A colored T-shirt will cling and sometimes it's sexier not seeing everything.
:iagree: 1000%

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Well no pics means only one thing, it never happened. She was high and dry the whole time! :smile:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Lmao ^ ^ ^ ^ i hate to kill the mood here fellas :raspberry: lol but i plasti diped all my plastic trim on the front and back bumpers that was really faded from the sun.. looks like new, and im really happy with how it turned out. let me know what u think.
Thanks to the guys who recomended this idea :thumbsup:
Also i peeled the black off the chrome on the grille and went back to chrome. looks way better the way it was :cool:

Attachments

• 0403121009.jpg
    0403121009.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 0403121033.jpg
    0403121033.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14

jham

Nov 20, 2011
03TB93 said:
Lmao ^ ^ ^ ^ i hate to kill the mood here fellas :raspberry: lol but i plasti diped all my plastic trim on the front and back bumpers that was really faded from the sun.. looks like new, and im really happy with how it turned out. let me know what u think.
Thanks to the guys who recomended this idea :thumbsup:
Also i peeled the black off the chrome on the grille and went back to chrome. looks way better the way it was :cool:

the bumper like that looks good I just wonder how it will hold up

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
jham said:
the bumper like that looks good I just wonder how it will hold up

thanks jham and im actually wondering that myself.. i will have to let u know. if it doesnt, do u think that any black paint for plastic will work??

jham

Nov 20, 2011
03TB93 said:
thanks jham and im actually wondering that myself.. i will have to let u know. if it doesnt, do u think that any black paint for plastic will work??

spray on bedliner works good that's what I used when I did mine

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
jham said:
spray on bedliner works good that's what I used when I did mine

cool man, can u just get that at like lowes or somewhere?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Voymom said:

Oh no...you were clearly warned, I remember this post....:biggrin:

MichEnvoyGuy said:
My horn honks once in a while too when I reconnect the battery - that doesnt bug me. What DOES bug me is when Im standing in front of the truck and reconnecting the battery, and EVERY time, the headlamp washers spray and squirt the hell out of me! :biggrin: Ive learned to remove the headlamp washer relay when messing with the battery.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
gmcman said:
Oh no...you were clearly warned, I remember this post....:biggrin:

Yes, but they have NEVER done that before, and we have disconnected the battery several times. Today was the first time it did that, which is why I was so close to it in the first place.

BUT, Hubby got more wet than I did, so it's all good lol

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Spent $367 on oil change (amsoil), brake pads(front/rear), caliper paint, and shocks, bilstein 5100s - foolishly ordered rear lift blocks and didnt realize i forgot to order shocks untill i saw the box on my livingroom floor :banghead:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Irishboy02 said:
Spent $367 on oil change (amsoil), brake pads(front/rear), caliper paint, and shocks, bilstein 5100s - foolishly ordered rear lift blocks and didnt realize i forgot to order shocks untill i saw the box on my livingroom floor :banghead:

Take a page out of Santa's book and check your list twice. :cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I put tire shine on :biggrin:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
the roadie said:
If there are no Tilted Kilts, it might as well be TCS. :thumbsup:

We had a TK in Cedar Rapids....didnt last long. There just isnt a big enough pool of hot chicks willing to wear skimpy clothes so we ended up having chubs and skuzzies for a wait staff. Food wasnt that great either. I still stand behind the concept of hotties serving me food, though.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Tinted reverse lights (didn't work anyway). And debadged rest of emblems.
ad920cb8-d756-2231.jpg

Is it me or is your rear bumper different than most? Looks good btw!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Lol. Does look a lil weird in this pic. Haha.
441e681b-ec7d-d6ad.jpg
another ass view different angle.

It looks like it sticks out a bit more than mine. Maybe I need to pay more attention to my ass lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
It looks like it sticks out a bit more than mine. Maybe I need to pay more attention to my ass lol

It's the camera.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
It's the camera.

Yeah I just looked at an ass picture of the voy, and it looks the same.

But I LOVE the reverse lights completely blacked out. I would do mine, but I'd probably get pulled over.

Jeff did you do your side marker lights? I was debating on doing mine and wondered if you did yours and if you did how do they look, and do they still function normally?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Yeah I just looked at an ass picture of the voy, and it looks the same.

But I LOVE the reverse lights completely blacked out. I would do mine, but I'd probably get pulled over.

Jeff did you do your side marker lights? I was debating on doing mine and wondered if you did yours and if you did how do they look, and do they still function normally?

Yea I did the side markers too....when I did my tails
441e681b-fc5f-61c3.jpg

441e681b-fc9e-847a.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: All of a sudden, my mostly unused can of Niteshades is whispering "Don't you have something that shows a lil too much light through it? You know you wanna use me somewhere!" :whisptersecret:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lol...I am done nightshading. UNLESS the avalanche 3rd brake light mod bites me. Haha.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Lol...I am done nightshading. UNLESS the avalanche 3rd brake light mod bites me. Haha.

They look really good. How many coats did you use? And it sounds to me that mod is nibbling a bit at you lol

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lol. I used 2 coats of nightshades (if I am remembering) it was a night at regulators and was alil intoxicated. (Burnt myself with a propane heater too. Those elemnts get f***in hott!!)

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:

its only $55 bux!!! :raspberry:

as for what i did to my GMT today... well, i got another call from the dealership... and Rod #6 was bad as well... so thats 3 rods, and 2 rockers :sadcry:.. see what i get for parking her for the winter :hissyfit:

they did say i should have her back this week or monday of next week though.. then the decisions come... do i keep her, or let her go...

jham

Nov 20, 2011
I resealed a speed sensor on the 14 bolt that starting seeping drove it some filled it up with gas getting 14 mpg city with the new tires and 4.10's but I have been driving more aggressive with this tank so we will see with the next one

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
its only $55 bux!!! :raspberry:

as for what i did to my GMT today... well, i got another call from the dealership... and Rod #6 was bad as well... so thats 3 rods, and 2 rockers :sadcry:.. see what i get for parking her for the winter :hissyfit:

they did say i should have her back this week or monday of next week though.. then the decisions come... do i keep her, or let her go...

KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP.

Serious.

How would you like it if someone gave up on you because you got sick? :tongue:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP.

Serious.

How would you like it if someone gave up on you because you got sick? :tongue:

Good one Sparky!! :thumbsup:

KEEP KEEP KEEP

Or you could sell it to me :biggrin:

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
today i had the day off so i did some touch ups to the paint and painted my bowties a different color and started on the interior detailing for the trip to seattle:biggrin::biggrin: even made a safety bar for the back of the truck not done yet but it all ready works :biggrin: someone hit me from behind in walmart and hurt there truck hahahah didnt grab a pic no cam :frown: :undecided:im going to leave my cam in the truck from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwaggoner4052

Members Online